IGNORED

Andrea Mills 3: Still Buying Junk Food

Coconut Flan

On 11/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, sableduck said:

My 2nd grade daughter hasn’t done any science this year. Her teacher sent a note explaining that they will do it starting in January. She’s had no social studies, either, save a picture book on Indigenous peoples.  I asked, her teacher just said they haven’t had time.

I was homeschooled in an academically rigorous manner and started college at sixteen.  I don’t really understand how things are done in the public school.

What you describe is not typical of public schools. There is a strict curriculum for each grade level. Maybe this is a charter school or something? Neither my nor my daughter's public schooling was anything like this, and our educations were also academically rigorous. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I just wanted to add that your original ideas on the problems of public schools are also 100% correct. There is still a lot that needs to be done-districts are still inequitable

Where I live, school funding is mostly from property taxes , which perpetuates inequality. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

Another live meal time mail time. 

I've never seen a meal train consisting of just Amazon candy boxes before. Then again, there's a lot of first I've had to see with this family. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

What sane person watches those videos and thinks to themselves that what Mills kids need right now is .... CANDY!!! 
 We have seen a truckload of that come through during the videos in the last few months.  Are people that dense??!! 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, WhatAlife said:

What sane person watches those videos and thinks to themselves that what Mills kids need right now is .... CANDY!!! 
 We have seen a truckload of that come through during the videos in the last few months.  Are people that dense??!! 

I think they genuinely feel it’s cheering them up. These kids need FUN! Candy is FUN! MOAR CANDY!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4

It's crazy the amount of candy people are sending them.

On the live chat last night, one person suggested (at least twice) that Tom get Eden sewing lessons so that she "could sew for the family". She's 10.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 5
  • WTF 17
  • I Agree 1

The results of having so much candy / sugar stuff without proper teeth hygiene are starting to show... He mentions that Hannah has a "terrible tooth ache", like it was something completely acceptable...

A viewer called SD Max & Kate said: "hey there some of your fans are really mean people"... to which a woman ask immediately: "What do you mean? Are you trolling?"

And they (SD) say again: "yes they are sending threatening messages on instagram"

They were ansered back: "then stop trolling... people are protective  of this family. If you don't like them then don't follow".

People are getting violent and aggressive over a family that they don't know personally but they are obsessed with. Maybe most of the are the leg humpers that hope to get some of Tom, they want a piece of that bulls*t guy… really, would they spend time and energy attacking other people for that POS, what are they trying to prove??! Anyways, they only do donations and send gifts because they have the visibility of youtube, not anonymous, would they ever give away so much to people really in need but without the visibility??? Without showing off their gifts? They give from their hearts bulls*t, I don't believe in that!!! Sorry for the tantrum, lolol

uff, finally I can comment here… my computer was away for two weeks (for reparation) and my password was there, so I could only read your comments on my phone… XD

Edited by Tekas_76
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I was disgusted watching last night's live, Hannah was clearly hungry as they hadn't eaten yet, so she was fussy and irritable, Tom's solution, pump her full of candy ? Kid's not overly thankful for the stuff they're getting because they're being taught greed!

I just want to whisk baby Hannah and Eden away from it all, all of them in fact but those two and Asher make me the saddest :(

To add, Tom is so full of the bible, etc and constantly preaching, yet he's the greediest of them! Obviously Saint Tom is allowed to be sinful!

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Sloth said:

I was disgusted watching last night's live, Hannah was clearly hungry as they hadn't eaten yet, so she was fussy and irritable, Tom's solution, pump her full of candy ? Kid's not overly thankful for the stuff they're getting because they're being taught greed!

I just want to whisk baby Hannah and Eden away from it all, all of them in fact but those two and Asher make me the saddest :(

To add, Tom is so full of the bible, etc and constantly preaching, yet he's the greediest of them! Obviously Saint Tom is allowed to be sinful!

Hannah, Eden and Asher tug at my heart the most as well.  

The situation in that house is becoming more dire as the days go by.   To me, most of the children look malnourished and pale.  The healthy nutrition they receive is zero.  Their dental healthcare is nonexistent.   Their personal hygiene is zero.  For gawd sakes Tom, can you at least comb Claudia and Sophia’s hair??  

The gifts, that are predominantly candy, are more detrimental for the children than anything else.   For the first few weeks it was understandable, but not three months later.  The children expect it, want it, and that is not their fault.  When the gifts cease, the little ones especially, are going to be very disappointed...adding to their already confused lives.  

Please get all of  the children to the park to run and play, to be normal kids for at last a little while.   Take good walks around town, something, anything.  Fresh air, exercise.   That house is a prison.    Their entires lives are inside that stale dusty house.  Most likely mildew and mold as well.  In that house nobody can even walk half a foot without running into a person, or things.   

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I think it's time for the children to be removed from the home.  They need to be with people who can focus on their needs, both physical and emotional, and Tom needs to get help dealing with the loss of his wife and how to deal with his children.  I'm not sure if he even wants them, but going online to talk about how hard it is to raise them is giving him attention and money.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

The results of having so much candy / sugar stuff without proper teeth hygiene are starting to show... He mentions that Hannah has a "terrible tooth ache", like it was something completely acceptable...

A viewer called SD Max & Kate said: "hey there some of your fans are really mean people"... to which a woman ask immediately: "What do you mean? Are you trolling?"

And they (SD) say again: "yes they are sending threatening messages on instagram"

They were ansered back: "then stop trolling... people are protective  of this family. If you don't like them then don't follow".

People are getting violent and aggressive over a family that they don't know personally but they are obsessed with. Maybe most of the are the leg humpers that hope to get some of Tom, they want a piece of that bulls*t guy… really, would they spend time and energy attacking other people for that POS, what are they trying to prove??! Anyways, they only do donations and send gifts because they have the visibility of youtube, not anonymous, would they ever give away so much to people really in need but without the visibility??? Without showing off their gifts? They give from their hearts bulls*t, I don't believe in that!!! Sorry for the tantrum, lolol

uff, finally I can comment here… my computer was away for two weeks (for reparation) and my password was there, so I could only read your comments on my phone… XD

Oh ugh. He needs to get her to a dentist immediately. Tooth aches are absolutely awful. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh ugh. He needs to get her to a dentist immediately. Tooth aches are absolutely awful. 

People have reported them to CPS in the past. If he’s refusing her medical (in this case dental) care, it may be a reason for their involvement. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

He mentions that Hannah has a "terrible tooth ache", like it was something completely acceptable...

Since he has never actually cared for the children and Andrea had insane ideas about dental care he might actually think it is normal. It might be normal in the household. There is no way those kids haven't had cavities that Andrea has "cured". 

I do hope he will finally give in and get them dental care. I think he is more likely to do it than Andrea was. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I completely agree that they need proper nutrition and dental care but I'm pretty sure Hannah's tooth ache is related to teething, not a dental cavity.  Some Advil or Tylenol would greatly help her situation.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

What you describe is not typical of public schools. There is a strict curriculum for each grade level. Maybe this is a charter school or something? Neither my nor my daughter's public schooling was anything like this, and our educations were also academically rigorous. 

No, it’s a public school. We don’t have charters(or private schools) in our district or within driving distance.

It’s rural and low income. It is not an academically rigorous school.  I don’t know about curriculum; I didn’t see any, and the worksheets she brings home are generally from Teachers Pay Teachers.  I am sure it all goes back to their lack of funding. School funding is based on property taxes.  The median home value here is about $68,000, home prices are low and so are property taxes. Also, NYS 2nd grade standards are heavily focused on math and ELA.  The school teaches to the standards, because my daughter and her classmates will be taking high stakes tests next year in third grade.  

Public school education in this country is highly variable.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 6

46 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I completely agree that they need proper nutrition and dental care but I'm pretty sure Hannah's tooth ache is related to teething, not a dental cavity.  Some Advil or Tylenol would greatly help her situation.

I really hope this is the case...but with the amount of candy they've been eating and the fact that it's clear that they don't brush her teeth before bed (and perhaps neglect the morning brush, too), there's a chance her existing teeth have cavities. It's a sad situation.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Tom sounded awful on this live, his coughing is horrible I hope he goes too the doctor soon. Asher looked so thin in this video it was painful to see. Justus looks like he is gaining, he is the forgotten boy. He's not little but he's not one of the bigs. Eden looks to be losing weight also. I really feel for the kids they need love and hugs. Poor Hannah eating junk all the time or not being fed at all. She always looks exhausted with giant bags under her eyes. Tom won't ever change. He isn't interested in providing healthy meals and doing the work of raising each child. He frequently says he doesn't know how to use a crock pot, shop for groceries, cook for the family or comb the girls hair. He just doesn't want to its that simple. Tom is a horrible father. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I've not long watched the newest upload and I'm so, so angry. Even not being well and for all her faults, Andrea made sure the kids were at least clean and tidy, with brushed hair!

Tom, I'm pretty sure you read here (and if you no longer do then maybe one of your fangirls can pass this along!)....

You need to buck up your ideas and become a father to the children that YOU brought into this world, it may have been Andrea who wanted so many but YOU could have said no. You are so full of excuses; I don't have time, I don't know how, I'm too sad and so on and so on...... BS, you have the internet, you can watch tutorials on how to do the girls hair, how to use a slow cooker, look up simple healthy meals and how to cook them. You can stop doing wallowing lives to your freaky fangirls and spend proper quality time with YOUR kids, put them to bed with a belly full of healthy food, clean pyjamas, brushed teeth, a cuddle and a story and at a reasonable hour!

Of course you are grieving, but your kids are grieving more, I guarantee it, it's plain to see in at least 3 of them! Get them counselling, stop using your teenage son to surrogate parent his baby sister, especially when he has his own grief to contend with and it can be plainly seen that he IS NOT COPING!

My best friend passed at 37 a few years ago and guess what, her husband didn't palm his kids off on each other, he buckled down and got on with things, he learnt how to do their hair, he cooked their meals (something he already did sometimes anyway, unlike you), he saw to all their needs and they have thrived, he is a REAL man. You Tom, are pathetic, you're not a real man, you're a disgusting, lazy, narcissistic excuse of a parent, who cares more about women on Youtube fawning over him than his own grieving children, DISGUSTING!

You constantly go on about the bible and god, I wonder what your god thinks of you Tom, while he watches you neglect your children, the children you claim to be raising in his name.

You should be charged with child neglect, those children need to be with people who actually care about their well being!

• Upvote 13
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, sableduck said:

No, it’s a public school. We don’t have charters(or private schools) in our district or within driving distance.

I believe that charter schools can be public schools in some areas.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I believe that charter schools can be public schools in some areas.

They can and most are in this state, I believe.  My point was that we live rurally and there is nothing around but the one public school.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

I think it's time for the children to be removed from the home.  They need to be with people who can focus on their needs, both physical and emotional, and Tom needs to get help dealing with the loss of his wife and how to deal with his children.  I'm not sure if he even wants them, but going online to talk about how hard it is to raise them is giving him attention and money.

4 hours ago, Saywha? said:

People have reported them to CPS in the past. If he’s refusing her medical (in this case dental) care, it may be a reason for their involvement. 

If I was living in the USA I would totally do that call to the CPS. I hope that somebody does it and explains really well all the reasons, the bad nutrition, the neglect, the lack of health care, etc, so they wouldn't deny to do anything now. Those children deserve so much better that being with that lousy father. Poor kids, it just breaks my heart.

1 hour ago, Sloth said:

I've not long watched the newest upload and I'm so, so angry. Even not being well and for all her faults, Andrea made sure the kids were at least clean and tidy, with brushed hair!

Tom, I'm pretty sure you read here (and if you no longer do then maybe one of your fangirls can pass this along!)....

You need to buck up your ideas and become a father to the children that YOU brought into this world, it may have been Andrea who wanted so many but YOU could have said no. You are so full of excuses; I don't have time, I don't know how, I'm too sad and so on and so on...... BS, you have the internet, you can watch tutorials on how to do the girls hair, how to use a slow cooker, look up simple healthy meals and how to cook them. You can stop doing wallowing lives to your freaky fangirls and spend proper quality time with YOUR kids, put them to bed with a belly full of healthy food, clean pyjamas, brushed teeth, a cuddle and a story and at a reasonable hour!

Of course you are grieving, but your kids are grieving more, I guarantee it, it's plain to see in at least 3 of them! Get them counselling, stop using your teenage son to surrogate parent his baby sister, especially when he has his own grief to contend with and it can be plainly seen that he IS NOT COPING!

My best friend passed at 37 a few years ago and guess what, her husband didn't palm his kids off on each other, he buckled down and got on with things, he learnt how to do their hair, he cooked their meals (something he already did sometimes anyway, unlike you), he saw to all their needs and they have thrived, he is a REAL man. You Tom, are pathetic, you're not a real man, you're a disgusting, lazy, narcissistic excuse of a parent, who cares more about women on Youtube fawning over him than his own grieving children, DISGUSTING!

You constantly go on about the bible and god, I wonder what your god thinks of you Tom, while he watches you neglect your children, the children you claim to be raising in his name.

You should be charged with child neglect, those children need to be with people who actually care about their well being!

I totally agree with you, you've said it very well. He is full of excuses because he wants to find a young, healthy, skinny woman (like Andrea used to be in her youth, she was really pretty and elegant... she got destroyed with all those births and nasty junk food... maybe she would eat as an act to deal with her traumas and the frustration of his absence) who accepts to take over everything, so he doesn't have to do anything. In the meanwhile he is having fun with all the leg humpers offering themselves and the battles over his person. Have you noticed that 99% of the people commenting the lives are women with a certain age, excepting a few young ones??? A smart woman would run away from him, with all the bagage that he carries with... but not all of them are smart, unfortunately...

I just remembered one thing… he was telling that "suddenly" they started receiving a catalog of underwear /swimsuits. And that Andrea asked him what was that, and that he said that he didn't know. He told that story making the "voices", like making fun of her voice (after she was already dead). I guess that's just the magazines for him to spend some alone time in his basement (no details), since he wouldn't spend money buying the Playboy magazine…

I just wished that those kids would have a healthy happy clean life, with options... no more colour/day, not one colour per person... options, choosing what they want to dress by themselves... no more bible playing in the whole house, damn brainwashing the kids heads with all that religious stuff, let them grow with good values and then they will decide which road to follow. The good values and principles are more important than knowing how to say verses from a book with 2000 years… A good education in a good school and let them decide by themselves what they want to do for a living… girls don't have only to be wives and mothers, there is so much world out there, the world is so big with so many possibilities...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I understand everyone's concern for these children but my experiences with my state's CPS makes me pretty certain that nothing much would happen if someone made a report. The bar is really, really low. They have food, running water, shelter, clothing and adult supervision and some sort of education. Medical neglect might get a second look (as would any demonstrable physical neglect or abuse).

Sadly, there are far too many kids in much worse situations, and even then it is difficult to get them removed from their homes. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 8

14 minutes ago, pupper said:

I understand everyone's concern for these children but my experiences with my state's CPS makes me pretty certain that nothing much would happen if someone made a report. The bar is really, really low. They have food, running water, shelter, clothing and adult supervision and some sort of education. Medical neglect might get a second look (as would any demonstrable physical neglect or abuse).

Sadly, there are far too many kids in much worse situations, and even then it is difficult to get them removed from their homes. 

It'd be an additional trauma to remove these children from their home and removal would have serious mental and emotional repercussions. I'd much rather see Tom get supportive services and counseling than see these children removed from their only living parent so soon after going through the death of their mother. They're also obviously very close to their siblings, and possible separation from their siblings would be an additional trauma. Removal isn't something that should be taken lightly.

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

I can add my experience to seeing the same situation that Sableduck noted in elementary schools. A few years ago I was in teacher's college and had a few internships in a local Title 1 public school (suburban). Social Studies and science were pushed to being the last four months of the class year or in a sad case I heard from a peer in my cohort: 5 weeks of science. Most teachers try to incorporate social studies and sciences into reading, but it's hard to balance that from what I heard from my friends still in the classroom. 

There was such pressure on math and language skills that pushed the other subjects to the side, especially if it was a high stakes test year. The biggest factor is the school funding and most new teachers, that get funneled into teaching those schools out of the sheer need for teachers, aren't given a robust curriculum to start with so they have to opt for Teachers Pay Teachers and other sites for supplementing activities and lessons. My state has the most charter schools in the US since I last checked so it's really a grim situation for children if you're low income, rural, and/or special needs. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic