IGNORED

Andrea Mills 3: Still Buying Junk Food

Coconut Flan

I'm not sure what I have to contribute here.

I took an FJ break at the end of August, just returned. This shit show of a thread was very much contributing.

- Internet communites/addiction:

I love FJ. So much. The last five years of my life have been isolating. This place is a blessing. However, not my first my run around with internet communities. Not my first run around with addictive behaviors. I am presently at a point where I have to work on my irl relationships. It's critical to my health on all counts. It has meant some ghastly FB posting where I tell the truth about shit. But, in my case, since I don't do it much... I have been taken seriously.

I think a ton of posters use FJ in unhealthy ways and as a crutch (not the main point - but it's striking to see who gets obsessed with various types of fundie *morbidity* - for lack of a better word)

Bigger point-Tom seems completely addicted to the attention to he's getting. I wouldn't really call that his fault. Based solely on what I've read here he has no tools to process what the hell he is doing or what happened.

Doesn't even sound like he has husband friends.

He wants to talk. I have empathy.

The internet goes so far.

-Grifting/Asking

People want to help me. Coordinating this, especially with people who I haven't verbally communicated with in ages is very challenging.

But, fuck it pisses me off that he can't prioritize a little bit better.

I want candy too. Daily. And of all the damn vices.. They can work on building up to cooking meals.

If I said I'd had a near death experience and seen Jesus, would it make people feel more compassion for me? I am entirely sensitive to everyone's else's crap.

So - all of my 'asking' comes with a, 'how are you doing?' or... 'I am okay enough for the moment.. Let's see if I have an emergent need.

Disclaimer: I've not seen any of their videos. No need. I get pet fundies. There are certainly ones I want to see change. And I just had a major life thing that has colored some feelings, but others...less than you'd think.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 20

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

My profile picture is a cat. Does this mean I'm a kitten or just catty? Either way I'm good with it.

I just assumed what they've called me… an evil minion... even my Youtube channel (no content by the way) has the same picture now…

Did anyone come up with the idea for the next topic as: "keeping up with the Mills"?

1 hour ago, Jasminfetty said:

The profile picture sums up the type of person they are 

And where is your profile picture??? It doesn't appear here!!! I'm curious, I bet we all are curious to see the real you...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Gather around my friends and put on your tin foil hat! It is conspiracy time.

This is Tom.

Tom knew if he joined as a man to defend the family and Rachel we would automatically know it was him. So he created a woman in her 20's who has been persecuted by the liberals when she became a Christian. This woman used ACE as a child just like Andrea. The outdated term "career woman" was used because that was trendy when he was young and he has been in fundie culture so long he didn't realize it has fallen out of use. He is used to ACE where children teach themselves using workbooks, so the idea that a person would have to devote a huge chunk of time to educating their children didn't enter his mind. So he thought saying Rachel isn't busy would not be controversial and he doesn't want to get into a discussion about education. Tom could never admit ACE has a dark side so he must ignore all evidence and go on the attack. Tom loves Trump and this person seems offended by my profile picture. 

This is almost certainly wrong. 

And just an FYI, sadly I am not a doctor who went to an ivy league college and is a raw vegan.  Sorry to disappoint people who wanted me to provide raw vegan medical advice I learned at a prestigious university. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I can dispense the advice that no matter what the internet says, a carrot will never taste like a hot dog. Don't believe that Pinterest lie. 

I also had the same thought, that it could be Tom coming to spy here, but undercover as a lady in her 20's... I would bet my golden coins on it, and I wouldn't lose… it makes perfect sense, now that his Youtube channel is with a strike and he cannot talk for 3 hours about crap, he found a way to come here to try to paint rainbows everywhere, talking nice things about the videos and Rachel, (remember that Andrea is living behind a door at the end of the rainbow, next to the pot of gold), sweet dear Jeez… 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

I just assumed what they've called me… an evil minion... even my Youtube channel (no content by the way) has the same picture now…

Did anyone come up with the idea for the next topic as: "keeping up with the Mills"?

And where is your profile picture??? It doesn't appear here!!! I'm curious, I bet we all are curious to see the real you...

I'm not going to use a real picture when there is women twice my age using cartoon pictures, theres nothing wrong with that tbh. It would be really dumb. Apparently some of these people think I'm Rachel. I am against most fundamentalist having grown up with a more alternative childhood. I just find it silly how hostile you guys get with opposing views. 

3 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

I also had the same thought, that it could be Tom coming to spy here, but undercover as a lady in her 20's... I would bet my golden coins on it, and I wouldn't lose… it makes perfect sense, now that his Youtube channel is with a strike and he cannot talk for 3 hours about crap, he found a way to come here to try to paint rainbows everywhere, talking nice things about the videos and Rachel, (remember that Andrea is living behind a door at the end of the rainbow, next to the pot of gold), sweet dear Jeez… 

I dont even like Trump , Tbh I though the profile picture was Angela from 90 day fiancee, I dont like her shes so abusive to Makal and her daughter is a pedo. 

• Move Along 5
  • Downvote 9
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 2

8 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

I'm not going to use a real picture when there is women twice my age using cartoon pictures, theres nothing wrong with that tbh. It would be really dumb. Apparently some of these people think I'm Rachel. I am against most fundamentalist having grown up with a more alternative childhood. I just find it silly how hostile you guys get with opposing views. 

I'll use the picture that i want, mine or cartoon… btw, if I change mine to my real picture, will you change yours?  I'll show you mine if you show me yours, lol (not the one from Youtube, please... because you changed it to a cat, but i saw it before that…  so, too slow acting)… twice you age, lol, like I believe that one... btw you are the outsider here… you don't like it here, just get out... you are the one who doesn't accept other people's different opinions, you called them trolls in their own domain... 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tekas_76 said:

I'll use the picture that i want, mine or cartoon… btw, if I change mine to my real picture, will you change yours?  I'll show you mine if you show me yours, lol (not the one from Youtube, please... because you changed it to a cat, but i saw it before that…  so, too slow acting)… twice you age, lol, like I believe that one... btw you are the outsider here… you don't like it here, just get out... you are the one who doesn't accept other people's different opinions, you called them trolls in their own domain... 

I like it here , it made my afternoon interesting. You called the mills family even worse stuff on their channel . 

• Downvote 9

24 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

I don't see 'hostility towards opposing views' so much as I see pushback against your assertions about Tom and Rachel, but please do go ahead and play that persecution card some more.

For what it's worth - whoever you may be - you coming here to white knight isn't helping anybody and nor is it changing any minds. A good few people on this thread, myself included, used to genuinely like the Mills family to some extent and didn't see the harm they could do. Not everybody here has despised Tom and Andrea from the start, though maybe that would have been the more appropriate reaction. I'm glad there were rational, detached people here to remind me of the bad, and so it's really quite annoying that you're coming here to try and sing the praises of their brand of fundamentalism on a forum specifically designed to highlight the evils of it.

Since you appear to care for the family so much, which I understand, maybe your energy would be better spent encourging Tom to take an interest in the wellbeing of his children so that they may one day share the close and loving bond that too many people assume they already share thanks to Andrea's highly edited and very selectively filmed videos. 

Edited by Escadora
riffles and phone keyboard tomfoolery
  • Upvote 34
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, Jasminfetty said:

I like it here , it made my afternoon interesting. You called the mills family even worse stuff on their channel . 

it's not your business anyway… are you having fun Tom?

2 minutes ago, Escadora said:

I don't see 'hostility towards opposing views' so much as I see pushback against your assertions about Tom and Rachel, but please do go ahead and play that persecution card some more.

For what it's worth - whoever you may be - you coming here to white knight isn't helping anybody and nor is it changing any minds. A good few people on this thread, myself included, used to genuinely like the Mills family to some extent and didn't see the harm they could do. Not everybody here has despised Tom and Andrea from the start, though maybe that would have been the more appropriate reaction. I'm glad there were rational, detached people here to remind me of the bad, and so it's really quite annoying that you're coming here to try and sing the praises of their brand of fundamentalism on a forum specifically designed to highlight the evils of it.

Since you appear to care for the family so much, which I understand, maybe your energy would be better spent encourging Tom to take an interest in the wellbeing of his children so that they may one day share the close and loving bond that too many people assume they already share thanks to Andrea's highly edited and very selectively filmed videos. 

OMG I just loved your comment, i'm clapping here… thank you ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

Are you glad now? I don't remember ever calling them bad things… please refresh my memory, will you? i bet it will give you great pleasure to have something to throw to someone's face... try me...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

it's not your business anyway… are you having fun Tom?

OMG I just loved your comment, i'm clapping here… thank you ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Lol apparently giving my opinion makes me a fundamentalist and a man  . I know you know how I look like hun. Well thnx for making my sick weekend interesting. 

• Move Along 2
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Jasminfetty said:

Lol apparently giving my opinion makes me a fundamentalist and a man  . I know you know how I look like hun. Well thnx for making my sick weekend interesting. 

there is nothing sick about the weekend, i can't say the same about you… sick because you got a strike???

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

5 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

there is nothing sick about the weekend, i can't say the same about you… sick because you got a strike???

No my cat ate part of my tinfoil hat. I need it  this Thursday lol . SIcK bEcASE yOu GOt A sTrIkE. I dont even make videos lol. 

• Move Along 5
  • Downvote 6
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, Jasminfetty said:

I read here for several years before I recently started posting.  I might suggest that you do the same.  Not everyone here agrees about everything but the general feeling most of us have is that fundamentalism is a very narrow and dangerous worldview.  It's limiting and unloving and only serves the men at the top tier who like to stay in control.  

Please stick around and read.  You would learn that everyone here is concerned about the children of fundamentalist parents.  They're the real victims.  

• Upvote 26
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 8

4 minutes ago, Xan said:

I read here for several years before I recently started posting.  I might suggest that you do the same.  Not everyone here agrees about everything but the general feeling most of us have is that fundamentalism is a very narrow and dangerous worldview.  It's limiting and unloving and only serves the men at the top tier who like to stay in control.  

Please stick around and read.  You would learn that everyone here is concerned about the children of fundamentalist parents.  They're the real victims.  

It's been one year that I am here and only now I started participating, i only made one or two comments last year. But i respect the people that has been here for a longer time... One day I'll tell you about my fundie protestant uncle and his 5 kids...

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jasminfetty said:

No my cat ate part of my tinfoil hat. I need it  this Thursday lol . SIcK bEcASE yOu GOt A sTrIkE. I dont even make videos lol. 

You know nothing except how to rile a room. And you suck at it

:goldfishsad:

• Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

You know nothing except how to rile a room. And you suck at it

:goldfishsad:

I'm just quoting this because I love the fish! :goldfish:And because I agree with you. :pb_wink:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm just quoting this because I love the fish! :goldfish:And because I agree with you. :pb_wink:

One of my (self-declared) unofficial duties is to remind everyone of the fishies.

We have a dead parrot icon that means move along.

We also have a sick goldfish and a clapping goldfish (my preferences). These refer to an infamous poster who claimed to have a $5000 constipated fish, among many other things.

We do now know that it's possible to have sick and constipated fish, but the legend remains.

They make 99% of us so happy.

When nonsense invades a thread some of us debate... I like a visual.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
Explanation of the fish.
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

While I was checking Facebook  (as you do at 2am on a quiet shift)  I thought I'd check Andrea's page as it has been a while and I'm nosey, Someone has set up a private group as a grieving support group.  I'm not nosey enough to join but it will be interesting how many do join. Apparently this friend had Tom's blessing to set it up. It would be nice to think this is for those who truly felt connected to Andrea and not just Tom's youtube people' like Rachel.
"A place where {internet} friends of Andrea Mills can find support to grieve" - currently 17 members.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2651094148246193/

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Jasminfetty said:

I've never heard Ace being supported by white supremacy groups. But you can believe whatever you want. I dont feel like feeding a troll like you more ttyl. 

Ugh. I regret now that I tried to be welcoming to Jasminfetty in the previous thread.

The racist quotes are right there! Moving the goalposts to a random thing about white supremacy groups is just bizarre.

In the previous thread, she(?) was the one going on about how stay at home moms have so much free time. The theory that the poster could be a man cracks me up, especially a man married to a stay at home mom. “Yup! I work hard, and she spends all her time just hanging out with the kids, doing no “work” at all...”

• Upvote 17

The mystery deepens:

In the previous thread, Jasminfetty said: “I was definitely not raised in a religious household. I was into new age spirituality when I was a teenager, reading tarot cards was a way I made money but now I live a more conservative life ever since I live on my own.”

In this thread, Jasminfetty said, “I've used the ACE curriculum with one of the schools I went to.”

As far as I know, ACE is used exclusively in deeply Christian schools (like, not just general denominational schools, but fundie or fundie-lite). (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Something doesn’t add up.

Also, remember the “career woman” reference? Jasminfetty claimed in the last thread to be working. I find it really hard to believe that a young woman who works, and wasn’t brought up fundie, would use the phrase “career woman” to describe a mom with no free time. That’s something fundies derisively say about women who work. It’s also an old-fashioned phrase that an older generation might use (and Jasmin claims to be young) but in the context of “mom with no free time” it definitely pings fundie.

Both “career woman with no free time” and “stay at home mom with ALL the free time” ping fundie male to me.

I could be very wrong, but there sure is something off about this poster.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 13

8 hours ago, Jasminfetty said:

Tbh I though the profile picture was Angela from 90 day fiancee, I dont like her shes so abusive to Makal and her daughter is a pedo. 

I had never heard of this person so I had to go look her up and I can sort of see the resemblance. 

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

We also have a sick goldfish and a clapping goldfish (my preferences). These refer to an infamous poster who claimed to have a $5000 constipated fish, among many other things.

She had a genius child who read the New York Times every morning! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

22 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I could be very wrong, but there sure is something off about this poster.

Yup. There  is a strong chance we have a  troll in the dungeon! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Yup. There  is a strong chance we have a  troll in the dungeon! 

Whether it’s Tom or a leghumper or just someone stirring the pot, looking at the progression of posts cracks me up.

Whoever it is, I don’t think they worked out a persona beforehand. Picturing Tom, this is how it goes in my head:

Jasminfetty: I’ll post under a woman’s name! They’ll never see through my clever disguise!

Me: Saying that a stay-at-home mom has lots of free time makes no sense. Maybe you’re just really young.

JF: Yes! I’m young!

Me and others: But “career woman” is such a weirdly dated phrase...

JF: I work with older people! By the way, I’m the oldest of 14. That’s where I got my amazing sense of responsibility.

Me: Oh, sad. Sounds like you were a sister mom in a controlling religious family. Are you okay?

JF: (not wanting to think about how making kids raise their younger siblings is bad) My family wasn’t religious at all! In fact, I (consults mental list of unreligious stereotypes) read tarot cards!

FormerGothardite: ACE curriculum is racist.

JF: (needing to defend ACE but already claimed to be young and childless) Um, *I*, personally, used the ACE curriculum at school! The deeply religious school my not-at-all religious parents sent me to! It’s not racist at all!

FormerGothardite: *posts racist quotes from ACE*

Here’s where I’m torn between possible JF reactions. If it’s Tom, he may genuinely have never even looked at the curriculum, and may be genuinely surprised at how racist it is.

OR

Whether he’s ever seen it before or not, he may not think the quotes are racist, just accurate (in his warped mind).

In either case, the defensive response is:

JF: Since racism is defined as “supported by white supremicist groups”, it doesn’t matter what racist things the curriculum says, so long as it doesn’t have the “approved by white supremicists” stamp on the cover. (Chortling over his unassailable cleverness)

And, scene.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 16
  • Love 9

It was chocked when finding Andrea's Instagram after her death (later changed to the_millsfamily). It mentions this: "In Memory of Andrea Mills August 19, 2019
Cyrus Grant Mills August 17, 2019
Managed by a friend of Andreas
Subscribe to Link in bio to keep page going" and the link after it takes to a youtube page called SD Max & Kate.

When I first saw it, there was something written, like "DONATE"... now it's not there anymore… It used to have Andrea's PayPal account link also...

• Upvote 1

Well, I cannot find the post to mention it, but when Jasminfetty says: "Tbh I though the profile picture was Angela from 90 day fiancee, I dont like her shes so abusive to Makal and her daughter is a pedo. " I remembered something my sister (she's older and the only sister I have) told me that the way people attack you, what they pick up to attack, your image, your weight, etc, to try to put you really down… reveals more about them than about youIt's like a projection of how they feel about themselves, so they put it on another person, just to feel better with their miserable lives... Now, please give me a moment, I'll go to the clinic in the corner to get a facial surgery, I have to change this face of mine XD LOL:goldfishsad:

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Petronella said:

so long as it doesn’t have the “approved by white supremicists” stamp on the cover.

It doesn't have it on the cover but ACE does of the stamp of approval by these groups!

I don't want to mention the websites or groups too much lest it summons them, but ACE is one of the approved homeschool curriculums by certain racist groups.  One of the people blogging about ACE asked the company to condemn these groups and distance themselves from them and from what I can tell ACE refused to do so. ACE is filled with these cartoon stories set in various schools. The schools are segregated. 

Other curriculums such as Bob Jones and Abeka have also had issues with racism, so it isn't just ACE. ACE is just more openly racist with things like segregating the schools in the books. 

27 minutes ago, Petronella said:

The deeply religious school my not-at-all religious parents sent me to! 

That is very odd. Especially since this didn't take place in the 70's and 80's when ACE schools were everywhere and parents couldn't google to find out this school was heavily into religious indoctrination and racism. 

• Upvote 16

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It doesn't have it on the cover but ACE does of the stamp of approval by these groups!

Whoa!

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic