IGNORED

Jana 10: Advertising Boredom on a Biblical Level

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

That was Josh's boss at the Family Research Council who ascertained (correctly) lost because "sin in the camp".

No, SIn in the Camp predated the FRC by about a decade. It was correctly identified as coming from Jim Holt's failed campaign. Hell, or predated TWOP!!! ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

As another side note, they reminded me vaguely of little chapel veils (or kleenex or trash from the ground) you pinned on your head to go to mass 60's Catholic church. 

Thanks for making my eyes sting with salty laughter

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

What is twop please? 

This question makes me feel so sad. And old. Old and sad. 

@clueliss answered you above. It was this amazing snark site that had recaps of TV shows, reviews, and a heavily moderated but hilarious forum. I doubt I would have ever known who the Duggars were, if not for TWOP. The 14 Kids and Counting (and 15 Kids, 16 Kids, etc) were ALWAYS locked or in what they called "traffic court." And because of that, I learned that there this entire subculture of people who don't want their kids to be educated. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 9/24/2020 at 8:51 PM, Maggie Mae said:

This question makes me feel so sad. And old. Old and sad. 

@clueliss answered you above. It was this amazing snark site that had recaps of TV shows, reviews, and a heavily moderated but hilarious forum. I doubt I would have ever known who the Duggars were, if not for TWOP. The 14 Kids and Counting (and 15 Kids, 16 Kids, etc) were ALWAYS locked or in what they called "traffic court." And because of that, I learned that there this entire subculture of people who don't want their kids to be educated. 

I wasn’t a member of TWOP (I was weirdly afraid to post on message boards for whatever dumb reason), but I read the Duggar thread faithfully, all 2000+ pages of it. Howard was such a douche. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

TWoP was what led me to Free Jinger, over a decade ago! Whenever I felt sad I would read their 7th Heaven recaps and then proceed to die of laughter.

The Duggar forum was fascinating... that's where people originally posted Michelle's blanket-training advice, and where the "sin in the camp" Josh molestation rumors were first talked about. If I recall correctly, wasn't Free Jinger started by people on that forum who were sick of the heavy-handed moderation?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I loved TWOP recaps! They were so hilarious. I loved reading the ones for LOST, Burn Notice, Gilmore Girls, Charmed and 7th Heaven. The recappers for Charmed and 7th Heaven were brutal but also hilarious.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I loitered in Duggar’s, Gosslins (speaking of threads that were always on lockdown), and General Hospital (where they typo hot butt was a whole ongoing running joke)

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, indianabones said:

TWoP was what led me to Free Jinger, over a decade ago! Whenever I felt sad I would read their 7th Heaven recaps and then proceed to die of laughter.

I remember reading 7th heaven recaps in our school library when I should have been doing various other school related activities. I didn't even watch the show but I read through most of those recaps, trying hard not to laugh out loud like a crazy person. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Today Jana posted a video on her Instagram (part of it, the rest is on her YouTube which I don’t want to support with ad views) of James using a weed whacker to cut a huge “Trump 2020” into their lawn. ? Not surprising that’s their position of course but judging by the comments section it was to some fans.

Of course she tried to justify it by also posting a verse of scripture that talks about praying for your kings and leaders because we all remember well when the Duggars had Obama’s name cut into their lawn. Oh wait.....

Edited by Kayleigh83
  • Upvote 8
  • Disgust 5
  • Haha 20

3 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Today Jana posted a video on her Instagram (part of it, the rest is on her YouTube which I don’t want to support with ad views) of James using a weed whacker to cut a huge “Trump 2020” into their lawn. ? Not surprising that’s their position of course but judging by the comments section it was to some fans.

Of course she tried to justify it by also posting a verse of scripture that talks about praying for your kings and leaders because we all remember well when the Duggars had Obama’s name cut into their lawn. Oh wait.....

I don't get why they were shocked about them voting Trump, they have always been republican and even if they don't agree with him in certain aspects they were always gonna back him. Ben not voting for Trump last time shocked me, who they vote for isn't high on the list of things that annoy me about the Duggar's, not US based though so doesn't impact me the way it does people from US. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, I have no idea why people are shocked they voted for Trump. He pledged to appoint "pro-life" justices and picked a thoroughly fundie veep. That and saying he "found" Jesus is all he had to do. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I unfollowed Jana.

She was boring AF anyway, but being proud of having Trump carved into your lawn was the straw that broke this camel's back.

:angry-screaming:

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 10/6/2020 at 4:30 AM, IrishCarrie said:

I unfollowed Jana.

She was boring AF anyway, but being proud of having Trump carved into your lawn was the straw that broke this camel's back.

:angry-screaming:

I did as well. The Duggars are all trash if they can really support a man who is exactly the opposite of everything Jesus ever taught.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

The cognitive dissonance needed for them to not just hold their nose and vote for Trump for purposes of federal judicial seats but actively support him is astounding.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

The cognitive dissonance needed for them to not just hold their nose and vote for Trump for purposes of federal judicial seats but actively support him is astounding.

Pretty sure they’re not holding their noses 

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, 728011 said:

I did as well. The Duggars are all trash if they can really support a man who is exactly the opposite of everything Jesus ever taught.

Pardon, but please direct me to scripture where abortion was approved of, I must have missed that. And, here we go............

• Fuck You 9
  • Downvote 11

14 minutes ago, sansan said:

Pardon, but please direct me to scripture where abortion was approved of, I must have missed that. And, here we go............

Trump has made several statements over the years making it clear he is personally fine with abortion. Including insinuating that he wanted Marla Maples to have one when she became pregnant. 

As for the Bible's stancee on abortion, I wouldn't say it supports abortion, but it is awfully vague in places about the rights of fetuses.  See Exodus 21:22 to 25 and Numbers 5:11-31.

And the original post was commenting on what Jesus taught. He didn't mention abortion, IIRC. In fact, when discussing the end times, Jesus expresses concern for pregnant mothers, but doesn't comment on the unborn. 

• Upvote 32
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, sansan said:

Pardon, but please direct me to the Constitution where forcing your personal beliefs into law was approved of, I must have missed that.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

If anything good comes out of that post it dispels the myth of sweet Jana - she’s as bad as the rest of them. 

This. People projected a lot on Jana- that she was staying to protect her sisters, that she's secretly over it, that she's still single because she doesn't like fundie guys or is burned out from sister-momming. The thing was, if she truly wanted out, she would've left a long time ago. She's not just playing the game until Josie's married off- she's a willing participant.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised about their Trump support because the Duggars are basically single-issue voters: Christian perception of ''family'' and reproductive rights basically (so anti-choice and anti-LGBTQ+).

So they are basically able to forget all of Trump's fault just because he promised to protect these issues. The sexual assault accusations and all of Trumps declarations about/on women are the opposite of Christian values. Not to mention he divorced and remarried multiple times (which technically for me wouldn't be a problem, but I'd consider this a problem for fundies).

So if they were logical and true to their faith, I agree fundies should NOT support Trump. But since when have the Duggars been logical about their faith? They keep in contact with their son who assaulted their own daughters, yet ask for one of his victim to not visit the TTH without permission. So I suppose they are certainly able to put Trump's sexual assault accusations aside and support him.

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic