IGNORED

Favourite ASMR

viii

Is anyone else into ASMR? I don't like the talking videos, but I find the soap crunching ones to be nice. 

However, my favourite ASMR to watch are the food ones, which is super weird because if I hear something chewing IRL, it makes me so irritated. I'm coming to realize that I don't care so much for their eating noise, but I like to see what they're eating. So I'm starting to gravitate more towards mukbangs. I like the more exotic channels because they eat so differently than I do. I love the cooking process, so I like when they include that in the beginning of the video. 

Favourite Youtubers to watch:
- SAS Asmr
- Linh 
- Dorothy
- NE Let's Eat
- LiBi TV 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

The only ASMR videos I’ve really seen are dog ones... maybe I’ll check the human ones out too!!

• 1 month later...

For the longest time, I did not understand the whole ASMR thing. But now I realize that is because all of the really popular ASMR is so NOT for me. I hate chewing noises, lip smacks, heavy breathing, blowing, any talking/whispering, finger taps, etc etc. That's what a lot of ASMR is that I've seen. 

I started thinking maybe there was, in fact, ASMR I liked when I came across the Baumgartner Restoration videos. He didn't initially call his videos ASMR (and it's still not the main purpose of them), he runs an art restoration business and the noises made by the tools he uses are soooooo nice. Then I came across Shu and Tree that does dog grooming videos, and I loved the scissor noises. So now I look for scrapping, brushes, scissors, outdoor wind/seaside, soap carving, tibetan bowl ASMR videos. I'm super picky about them though. ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

How did I miss this thread.  Without YouTube and ASMR vids I wouldn't be getting the little sleep I can manage.

I rotate my favorites but lately 

• Lizi ASMR
  • Be Brave Be You (just discovered her and if I'm ever sick I want her to be my fake nurse - she's super comforting)
  • Lune Innate (select vids, without tapping)

• Upvote 1

I listen to npr or bbc documentaries about pleasant topics. A good soothing radio voice is magic.

I wish I could listen to the guy who narrated mutual of omaha wild kingdom documentaries.

• Upvote 3

I can't imagine using some of these videos to fall asleep. It's nice soothing sounds and then all of a sudden there's an ad blaring away. I feel like it'd wake me up!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

I can't imagine using some of these videos to fall asleep. It's nice soothing sounds and then all of a sudden there's an ad blaring away. I feel like it'd wake me up!

The ones I listen to front load their ads.  I agree with you - that would wake me right up.

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I listen to npr or bbc documentaries about pleasant topics. A good soothing radio voice is magic.

I wish I could listen to the guy who narrated mutual of omaha wild kingdom documentaries.

Marlin Perkins.  If you do a search on YouTube there are quite a few of his half hour or so length shows.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, viii said:

I use adblocker and there are no ads. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, meep said:

For the longest time, I did not understand the whole ASMR thing. But now I realize that is because all of the really popular ASMR is so NOT for me. I hate chewing noises, lip smacks, heavy breathing, blowing, any talking/whispering, finger taps, etc etc. That's what a lot of ASMR is that I've seen. 

I started thinking maybe there was, in fact, ASMR I liked when I came across the Baumgartner Restoration videos. 

For some reason the sort of ASMR with the chewing, breathing, tapping, whispering... any of that stuff is the exact opposite of relaxing to me. Like it literally makes rage boil up in my body if I can't make it stop.  

I love Baumgartner Restoration, though! I prefer the narrated videos, myself. Rather than actual ASMR I prefer relaxing videos like his, or Townsend's (18th century historical cooking), The Victorian Way cooking videos from English Heritage, and other videos like that. Recently some videos of different sorts of medical exams (demonstrating them for med students, I assume) came up, and those are pretty good too depending on the instructor. I prefer people with nice voices doing things, rather than deliberate ASMR videos.

I think the one that probably put me actually to sleep was the hour-long "gem therapy" video that shuffled up.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

I think the one that probably put me actually to sleep was the hour-long "gem therapy" video that shuffled up

Yes...if it's who I'm thinking of her voice and the spraying she does knocks me right out.

I can't stand anything chewing or weird mouth sound related, and I don't like tapping.  I have misophonia where mouth sounds make me ragey.  I don't love whispering...I prefer the soft spoken.

It's weird how some totally innocuous thing can do it.  ASMR Jonie (used to be Whispers Latina) has a respiratory check up where the way she does the percussions on the back and chest is totally triggering in the best way and I have no idea why.  

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Townsend's (18th century historical cooking)

I don't get ASMR triggers from them but I love his videos!  There is a cross-over (in name) with a similar series from the UK that I just adore...he sends her period American food.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love watching ASMR Massage videos. It's so incredibly relaxing to me. But I only want to hear the massage sounds. No whispering or talking, can't stand that.
And I love joint cracking videos. I don't know why, but that's just super relaxing to me. EXCEPT finger cracking. I hate that. 

I can't deal with sounds of people eating, lip smacking, whispering, breathing heavily. That makes my skin crawl. So I really only watch the massage and joint crack videos, and of the latter usually only compilations that have filtered out the talking.

Also, I have a very short attention span, so I tend to prefer videos that are between 10-17 minutes.

I like CAM ASMR & Massage. Most of his videos are 10-15 minutes. No talking or whispering. Great.
Some videos of RelaxWithReena. Her Massage and back tracing videos are great, but she also has a lot of chewing and smacking ASMR videos which I really don't like.
Shiatsu Shane. I like that a lot of times he uploads two versions of a particular video: one with background music and one without. However, most of his videos are on the longer side for me. I've only managed two ever finish one or two of his shorter videos. The longer ones I never finish.
Crack Addicts. Have some good videos, but they tend to keep a lot of the talking in their videos and I don't like that. Just give me the cracking sounds and visuals.
Skoby HD. They are no longer active but their joint cracking videos are awesome. And really short.

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 1

I briefly looked at some of the ASMR videos, and could not find any I like.

The ones with people whispering kind of give me the heebie jeebies, too, @Alisamer.  Same with the food chewing, lip smacking, etc.

For anyone who has Amazon Prime, they have tons of Bob Ross' painting videos at no cost to Prime members.  Bob can usually make me drift off to sleep.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I recently found this really sweet YouTube channel that I am enjoying.  She doesn't seem to be fundy but somewhat religious in an accepting way - if that makes sense.  An older woman but not annoying or an asshole.  The channel is Where the Wild Bee Wings.  She reminds me of The Last Homely House.

I have found the oddest thing that actually does make me fall asleep. Tim Holtz - the guy with the line of scrapbooking/papercrafting supplies - sometimes has Saturday afternoon videos where he either demos some of his products or talks about the new lines coming out. They're usually long.

I like the guy, he's energetic and a huge Disney fan, and his aesthetic preferences align well with mine, and I always end up adding to my craft supply wishlist whenever he comes out with anything new. The best part of his videos is the last part when he shows things he's had his team of "makers" create with the new products. They're always beautiful and creative and inspiring.

And I cannot make it through a whole video. I just can't. At some point I just fall right to sleep. I'm not sure why.

Also the Casual Criminalist (any of Simon's video podcasts, really) - there have been a couple times I've watched one, but my history says I watched three. I have no memory of the last two!

I don't get the ASMR tingles from those, but I definitely get a nap!

54 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have found the oddest thing that actually does make me fall asleep. Tim Holtz - the guy with the line of scrapbooking/papercrafting supplies - sometimes has Saturday afternoon videos where he either demos some of his products or talks about the new lines coming out. They're usually long.

I like the guy, he's energetic and a huge Disney fan, and his aesthetic preferences align well with mine, and I always end up adding to my craft supply wishlist whenever he comes out with anything new. The best part of his videos is the last part when he shows things he's had his team of "makers" create with the new products. They're always beautiful and creative and inspiring.

And I cannot make it through a whole video. I just can't. At some point I just fall right to sleep. I'm not sure why.

Also the Casual Criminalist (any of Simon's video podcasts, really) - there have been a couple times I've watched one, but my history says I watched three. I have no memory of the last two!

I don't get the ASMR tingles from those, but I definitely get a nap!

I love Tim Holtz videos. Unfortunately, they make me want to rush out and buy all the things, and I already have so much stuff!

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

There are several Japanese YouTubers that I watch.  They all have similar, exquisitely edited content such as Morning Routine, Evening Routine or Day Off Routine. With a couple of exceptions, they don’t show their heads.

They tend to wake up very early (4:30 AM, or 5:30 AM is common).  They sit up in bed in their tiny Japanese apartments, stand, go look out the window, open the curtain, close the curtain, light a candle, wash face, brush teeth, make coffee or tea.  Then they either get to cleaning or organizing ; otherwise they put on a fancy apron and cook themselves a fancy breakfast.

The after work videos tend to show grocery shopping, come home, wash hands, change into a floaty, Victorian age floor length dress, back into the apron, then the cooking begins.

These are mostly, but not always, single women who cook exquisite meals (for the camera, of course) in their postage stamp sized kitchens. Sometimes the meal will have many side dishes. The food is always beautifully placed just so on lovely dishes.

After that long day, they will commonly work on their projects: teaching themselves English, bead work, graphic design, etc.  Another candle is lit, another cup of tea is brewed with their seemingly endless supply of brew systems, then the bath is taken and they get ready for bed!

I watch these in bed at night and they are incredibly peaceful and soothing and put me to sleep!

Has anyone else stumbled upon these videos?  They just show up in my feed!

• Upvote 2

Along the lines of the Japanese ones you described, I am a diehard Honeyjubu fan.  She is Korean.  Everything she cooks looks absolutely divine and her dog is the cutest.  

A couple of months ago I found ASMR videos I love...the soap ones.  Cutting, crushing soap boxes with foam and glitter in them, etc.  The combination of the sounds and the colors totally relaxes me.  There are compilations that are hours long, I turn those on sometimes when I'm stitching. 

When it comes to ASMR I don't usually get it.  But this seems my kind of job lol, I can make a mess like a pro

but I have sadder nails.

Spoiler

As for the people who talk I like the French whisperer.

I love library based ASMR. If I can stay awake long enough (and remember in the morning…), I sometimes get some book recommendations. 

As part of the playlist, I added people reading short stories or story excerpts. Because ASMR, it’s all in very low voices or the whispering. 

Please tell me why I thought it was a great idea to have one of the stories be The Yellow Wallpaper?  Especially in a whisper. This was very much NOT a great idea. Led to some rather freaky dreams. I also have some Lovecraft in there. What am I doing to myself?! 😂 I may need to edit the playlist a bit…