IGNORED

Favourite ASMR

Is anyone else into ASMR? I don't like the talking videos, but I find the soap crunching ones to be nice. 

However, my favourite ASMR to watch are the food ones, which is super weird because if I hear something chewing IRL, it makes me so irritated. I'm coming to realize that I don't care so much for their eating noise, but I like to see what they're eating. So I'm starting to gravitate more towards mukbangs. I like the more exotic channels because they eat so differently than I do. I love the cooking process, so I like when they include that in the beginning of the video. 

Favourite Youtubers to watch:
- SAS Asmr
- Linh 
- Dorothy
- NE Let's Eat
- LiBi TV 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
mango_fandango

The only ASMR videos I’ve really seen are dog ones... maybe I’ll check the human ones out too!!

• 1 month later...

For the longest time, I did not understand the whole ASMR thing. But now I realize that is because all of the really popular ASMR is so NOT for me. I hate chewing noises, lip smacks, heavy breathing, blowing, any talking/whispering, finger taps, etc etc. That's what a lot of ASMR is that I've seen. 

I started thinking maybe there was, in fact, ASMR I liked when I came across the Baumgartner Restoration videos. He didn't initially call his videos ASMR (and it's still not the main purpose of them), he runs an art restoration business and the noises made by the tools he uses are soooooo nice. Then I came across Shu and Tree that does dog grooming videos, and I loved the scissor noises. So now I look for scrapping, brushes, scissors, outdoor wind/seaside, soap carving, tibetan bowl ASMR videos. I'm super picky about them though. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
HerNameIsBuffy

How did I miss this thread.  Without YouTube and ASMR vids I wouldn't be getting the little sleep I can manage.

I rotate my favorites but lately 

• Lizi ASMR
  • Be Brave Be You (just discovered her and if I'm ever sick I want her to be my fake nurse - she's super comforting)
  • Lune Innate (select vids, without tapping)

• Upvote 1
AliceInFundyland

I listen to npr or bbc documentaries about pleasant topics. A good soothing radio voice is magic.

I wish I could listen to the guy who narrated mutual of omaha wild kingdom documentaries.

• Upvote 3

I can't imagine using some of these videos to fall asleep. It's nice soothing sounds and then all of a sudden there's an ad blaring away. I feel like it'd wake me up!

• Upvote 3
HerNameIsBuffy
1 hour ago, viii said:

I can't imagine using some of these videos to fall asleep. It's nice soothing sounds and then all of a sudden there's an ad blaring away. I feel like it'd wake me up!

The ones I listen to front load their ads.  I agree with you - that would wake me right up.

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I listen to npr or bbc documentaries about pleasant topics. A good soothing radio voice is magic.

I wish I could listen to the guy who narrated mutual of omaha wild kingdom documentaries.

Marlin Perkins.  If you do a search on YouTube there are quite a few of his half hour or so length shows.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
5 hours ago, viii said:

I use adblocker and there are no ads. 

• Upvote 1
Alisamer
22 hours ago, meep said:

For the longest time, I did not understand the whole ASMR thing. But now I realize that is because all of the really popular ASMR is so NOT for me. I hate chewing noises, lip smacks, heavy breathing, blowing, any talking/whispering, finger taps, etc etc. That's what a lot of ASMR is that I've seen. 

I started thinking maybe there was, in fact, ASMR I liked when I came across the Baumgartner Restoration videos. 

For some reason the sort of ASMR with the chewing, breathing, tapping, whispering... any of that stuff is the exact opposite of relaxing to me. Like it literally makes rage boil up in my body if I can't make it stop.  

I love Baumgartner Restoration, though! I prefer the narrated videos, myself. Rather than actual ASMR I prefer relaxing videos like his, or Townsend's (18th century historical cooking), The Victorian Way cooking videos from English Heritage, and other videos like that. Recently some videos of different sorts of medical exams (demonstrating them for med students, I assume) came up, and those are pretty good too depending on the instructor. I prefer people with nice voices doing things, rather than deliberate ASMR videos.

I think the one that probably put me actually to sleep was the hour-long "gem therapy" video that shuffled up.

• Upvote 3
HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

I think the one that probably put me actually to sleep was the hour-long "gem therapy" video that shuffled up

Yes...if it's who I'm thinking of her voice and the spraying she does knocks me right out.

I can't stand anything chewing or weird mouth sound related, and I don't like tapping.  I have misophonia where mouth sounds make me ragey.  I don't love whispering...I prefer the soft spoken.

It's weird how some totally innocuous thing can do it.  ASMR Jonie (used to be Whispers Latina) has a respiratory check up where the way she does the percussions on the back and chest is totally triggering in the best way and I have no idea why.  

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Townsend's (18th century historical cooking)

I don't get ASMR triggers from them but I love his videos!  There is a cross-over (in name) with a similar series from the UK that I just adore...he sends her period American food.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Marly

I love watching ASMR Massage videos. It's so incredibly relaxing to me. But I only want to hear the massage sounds. No whispering or talking, can't stand that.
And I love joint cracking videos. I don't know why, but that's just super relaxing to me. EXCEPT finger cracking. I hate that. 

I can't deal with sounds of people eating, lip smacking, whispering, breathing heavily. That makes my skin crawl. So I really only watch the massage and joint crack videos, and of the latter usually only compilations that have filtered out the talking.

Also, I have a very short attention span, so I tend to prefer videos that are between 10-17 minutes.

I like CAM ASMR & Massage. Most of his videos are 10-15 minutes. No talking or whispering. Great.
Some videos of RelaxWithReena. Her Massage and back tracing videos are great, but she also has a lot of chewing and smacking ASMR videos which I really don't like.
Shiatsu Shane. I like that a lot of times he uploads two versions of a particular video: one with background music and one without. However, most of his videos are on the longer side for me. I've only managed two ever finish one or two of his shorter videos. The longer ones I never finish.
Crack Addicts. Have some good videos, but they tend to keep a lot of the talking in their videos and I don't like that. Just give me the cracking sounds and visuals.
Skoby HD. They are no longer active but their joint cracking videos are awesome. And really short.

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 1
kpmom

I briefly looked at some of the ASMR videos, and could not find any I like.

The ones with people whispering kind of give me the heebie jeebies, too, @Alisamer.  Same with the food chewing, lip smacking, etc.

For anyone who has Amazon Prime, they have tons of Bob Ross' painting videos at no cost to Prime members.  Bob can usually make me drift off to sleep.

• Upvote 1