IGNORED

Ernst and Young Royally Fornicated Up

47of74

God could EY be any dumber?

When women speak, they shouldn’t be shrill. Clothing must flatter, but short skirts are a no-no. After all, “sexuality scrambles the mind.” Women should look healthy and fit, with a “good haircut” and “manicured nails.” 

These were just a few pieces of advice that around 30 female executives at Ernst & Young received at a training held in the accounting giant’s gleaming new office in Hoboken, New Jersey, in June 2018.

One section of the document is devoted to women’s appearance: Be “polished,” have a “good haircut, manicured nails, well-cut attire that complements your body type,” it states on Page 36. But then, a warning: “Don’t flaunt your body ― sexuality scrambles the mind (for men and women).” 

The most important thing women can do is “signal fitness and wellness,” the presentation continues.

If I was an employee at EY I'd damn well tell EY to go off and fornicate themselves with this training. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

15 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

That masculine/feminine score sheet was really something.  ?

I know.  EY needs to do a score card on itself.  Namely how big of douche cannons can they be.  And tack on 10,000 points for their masculine/feminine score card. 

• Upvote 2

My sister just sent me that article and I was coming here to post about it. You have got to be f'ing kidding me! 

Here is an article with reactions to the huffpost article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/10/21/sexist-ernst--young-seminar-draws-rage-inducing-reactions/#744ea77152fe

*Here is the Huff Post article: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-ernst-young-how-to-dress-act-around-men_n_5da721eee4b002e33e78606a?guccounter=1 

* @47of74 posted the link to the article in the EY of the first post. I missed it at first. My link is the same as 47of47's link

Edited by quiversR4hunting
double link
  • Thank You 3

On 10/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I really loved this tweet in that article.

Spoiler

20191025_024107.thumb.jpg.2eefa6c2e331c2a4faaf8a2aa14b9561.jpg

:my_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• feministxtian

feministxtian

Last day of vacation tomorrow. All hell breaks loose again Tuesday. I figure I'll sleep somewhere around spring break, if I'm lucky. If not, it'll be the end of May. Not sure what this summer will hold for school and teaching...guess I'll find out! 

· 0 replies
    • PumaLover

PumaLover

Today I took my daughter and her best friend to San Francisco and the highlight of our trip was meeting a leash-trained cat named Dotty Parton on the city bus. It was an amazing day!
      · 0 replies
    • yeahthatsme74

yeahthatsme74

If you're in the massive winter storm in the eastern US, stay safe! We're cuddled up watching our expected 12-15 inches of snow fall. ❄️ ❄️❄️😳
      · 0 replies
    • AuntCloud

AuntCloud

Book recommendation: Mary Jane, by Jessica Anya Blau. An awesome coming-of-age story of a teen who grew up in an uptight, ultra conservative Christian family discovering freedom and joy when working as a nanny for a free-spirited family. Best of all? Mary Jane’s last name is Dillard. 
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Yogurt!

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

And now it's Okona time on TNG!!!

· 2 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

Chocolate Lover

Thanks to the menopause, I'm a sleep deprived hag.  Night sweats can do one!  Am waiting for a consultation with the GP for some HRT.
      · 10 replies
    • mango_fandango

mango_fandango

I just got a Christmas card in the post from my grandparents. They’re not the forgetful type, so Royal Mail must be really fucked right now.
      · 1 reply
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

I hate writing syllabi. Have to have the whole semester done by class time Tuesday (previous teacher did not write a syllabus). Also have to have their research paper assignment written up too. That'll be due around week 14 so I have time to read/grade them. Also have to refresh my own skills in a few areas. Oh well, at least they're paying me quite well for this. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

And now it's Okona time on TNG!!!

· 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.