• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
47of74

Ernst and Young Royally Fornicated Up

Wine time!
47of74

God could EY be any dumber?

When women speak, they shouldn’t be shrill. Clothing must flatter, but short skirts are a no-no. After all, “sexuality scrambles the mind.” Women should look healthy and fit, with a “good haircut” and “manicured nails.” 

These were just a few pieces of advice that around 30 female executives at Ernst & Young received at a training held in the accounting giant’s gleaming new office in Hoboken, New Jersey, in June 2018.

One section of the document is devoted to women’s appearance: Be “polished,” have a “good haircut, manicured nails, well-cut attire that complements your body type,” it states on Page 36. But then, a warning: “Don’t flaunt your body ― sexuality scrambles the mind (for men and women).” 

The most important thing women can do is “signal fitness and wellness,” the presentation continues.

If I was an employee at EY I'd damn well tell EY to go off and fornicate themselves with this training. 

Tired
clueliss

Welcome to the world of accounting.  

CTRLZero

That masculine/feminine score sheet was really something.  😒

Wine time!
47of74
15 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

That masculine/feminine score sheet was really something.  😒

I know.  EY needs to do a score card on itself.  Namely how big of douche cannons can they be.  And tack on 10,000 points for their masculine/feminine score card. 

quiversR4hunting

My sister just sent me that article and I was coming here to post about it. You have got to be f'ing kidding me! 

Here is an article with reactions to the huffpost article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/10/21/sexist-ernst--young-seminar-draws-rage-inducing-reactions/#744ea77152fe

*Here is the Huff Post article: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-ernst-young-how-to-dress-act-around-men_n_5da721eee4b002e33e78606a?guccounter=1 

* @47of74 posted the link to the article in the EY of the first post. I missed it at first. My link is the same as 47of47's link

Edited by quiversR4hunting
double link

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
On 10/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I really loved this tweet in that article.

Spoiler

20191025_024107.thumb.jpg.2eefa6c2e331c2a4faaf8a2aa14b9561.jpg

:my_biggrin: