IGNORED

FLDS Tom Green: Harem in a Wasteland

Has anyone heard of this Tom Green? In the early 2000s, he was a middle-aged guy married to a bunch of frumpy-dressed kidults in their 20s. His wives were all 14 to 16 years old when he married them, with the exception of two: the mother of his second wife (his third wife) and her older sister, who later divorced him. They have 25 to 30 children.

Tom Green lived in a trailer camp located on a dusty wasteland 200 mi from Salt Lake City at the time of his arrest. Not much info about the family is around. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

GACK!!!!!!!!  ??  I remember reading about this tool in the 90's, in Women's World magazine, I think. He only had four wives then.

• WTF 1

I wonder what has become of his kids, now that almost 20 years have passed.

Prior to embracing polygamy, Tom Green was married to a woman and had 3 kids. After he met his 14 y.o. wife-to-be at age 35, the first wife divorced him. Green went on to marry a 15 y.o. and, shortly thereafter, her mother and aunt, a 16 y.o. and her younger sister.

The family is broke, living in a fantasy world and making plans to turn the barren wasteland they call home into a sort of wonderland dreamscape despite having no means to do it. The wives take weekly turns knocking door-to-door to sell magazine subscriptions with their husband after an 8-hour road trip, and while each wife lives in a trailer with her own kids, all the wives rotate spending the night with Tom in his tacky, greasy bed. Tom himself appears to have lulled himself into his own fantasy world, of which he is the creator.

One of the children died in a fire from an electric malfunction, and one of the children has Down Syndrome.

The wives are all weird, child-like and appear brainwashed. One wife recounts Tom drew with a feltpen on her belly to show her how the deed would happen on their wedding night. When questioned about the need for marrying girls so young, Tom responds by saying that "God makes no mistakes making teenagers menstruate", but he makes no mention of the 1 girl, 1 boy natural birth ratio which would make the case against polygamy, of course.

At age 51, with a son as old as 13, Green was making arrangements to marry the 16 y.o. daughter of a "spiritual son of his", who also happened to be his son's crush. However, problems with the law put a halt to his wedding plans.

Here's the whole documentary: 

Edited by FighterJet
  • Thank You 3

Such bullshit.  Women ( key word there) in their 20's can make babies too. He does this because he's got himself an infatuation with teenagers.  Who are more malleable.  

The first video......I thought I may have gotten it wrong that Tom was going after that young man's crush. Apparently not.  Wtf. Tom must have them all, huh?  And, marrying a whole family of women is gross.  Daughter, mom, aunt.  Sick man.   That compound was pathetic.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Tom went to jail because one of the wives was 13 when she conceived their son. This story was big news back in the day, especially when he finally went to jail when the son was around 14.

I found the 5 young wives on facebook. They appear to keep in touch with each other and be supportive of each other. At least one wife graduated from college and married a man who appears to be near her age. Another wife seems to enjoy being a grandmother. They've tightened up their facebook privacy since I last looked. Three of the wives are photographed with Tom Green. It's unclear if that's just a photo or if they are still in a relationship with him.

He was creepy then, and he's creepy now.

• Upvote 5

He’s in his early 70s now. I’m hoping his age has slowed him down a bit. And I also hope that since we haven’t heard much from him, he hasn’t taken anymore wives or had too many more children. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, moreorlessnu said:

Tom went to jail because one of the wives was 13 when she conceived their son. This story was big news back in the day, especially when he finally went to jail when the son was around 14.

I found the 5 young wives on facebook. They appear to keep in touch with each other and be supportive of each other. At least one wife graduated from college and married a man who appears to be near her age. Another wife seems to enjoy being a grandmother. They've tightened up their facebook privacy since I last looked. Three of the wives are photographed with Tom Green. It's unclear if that's just a photo or if they are still in a relationship with him.

He was creepy then, and he's creepy now.

I was wondering how the wives are doing. I hope Tom's kids don't practice polygamy. 

Here is an interview after he was in prison. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone know Shirley Green's maiden name? She said she is originally from Short Creek. I'm wondering what family she belongs to. 

I would love to hear from the older 3 wives. His first, monogamous wife, then the mother of one of the wives and the aunt of another. They all left him. I would love to hear their story. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Does anyone know Shirley Green's maiden name? She said she is originally from Short Creek. I'm wondering what family she belongs to. 

I would love to hear from the older 3 wives. His first, monogamous wife, then the mother of one of the wives and the aunt of another. They all left him. I would love to hear their story. 

That would be interesting.

Tom lost weight in prison.

I remember seeing this despicable man's little documentary, but I didn't know that he was convicted and went to jail. That slimy cunt of a chumbucket paedophile totally deserved that. I think it was that through shows like like these I ended up finding the Duggars... Holy shit... I found Duggars during my FLDS obsession period in 2012!!!! YouTube really knows what to suggest.

• Upvote 5

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Resurrecting an old one here but I just came across this doc on YouTube and after a bit of googling and facebooking I came running to FJ.

I found this article which lists the maiden names of the wives, apparently Shirley’s was Beagley, same as Leeann who is her sister.

Truly a fascinating documentary especially when you’re able to watch it this much later and find out a little bit about where they have gone in their lives since. Based on what I saw when looking up Leeann these days for example, you’d never know this was once her lifestyle. I hope she, and the rest, are happy in their lives today.

• Thank You 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2019 at 3:20 AM, finnlassie said:

I remember seeing this despicable man's little documentary, but I didn't know that he was convicted and went to jail. That slimy cunt of a chumbucket paedophile totally deserved that. I think it was that through shows like like these I ended up finding the Duggars... Holy shit... I found Duggars during my FLDS obsession period in 2012!!!! YouTube really knows what to suggest.

This story was a random news story I saw on some morning news show as a teenager. It was an interview with his wives after his arrest. They were defending their way of life but they had sheets hanging up in all the doorways and were just so out of touch that it was obvious. It furthered my plyg watching habits that started when I went to school in southern Utah as a young teenager. That curiosity is how I first found FJ. It wasn't until I also searched the Duggars many years later that I ended up joining. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. ?

Edited by DaisyD
  • I Agree 2

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

He died in March from COVID pneumonia. Still legally married to his rape victim and “married” to one each of the sister sets. Some of his exes have broken VERY free! 

https://www.cannonmortuary.com/obituary/Thomas-Green

here is a copy of the obit in case it ever disappears from the interwebs. 

image.thumb.png.9a0270fe4c18a7a1b1f8a659c32c3ca9.png

The picture in the upper left was a slide show there is also this picture- what is up with the captain cap? I find it interesting that none of the pictures were with his wives or children. 

Spoiler

image.png.b020ea9bf3e98a4f0546059a207e1e1a.png

• Thank You 3