IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1.8

I wonder if she's ever read THAT verse.

If you talk the Bible with an RF person, you'll find that they can excuse away ANYTHING Biblical that doesn't agree with their message. They will also tell you over and over that Gwen doesn't say something, even if you literally play the video of her saying it. It's absolute insanity.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Even her boots are high heels! She must be so very sensitive about her height, but can't grasp that the high hair and high heels just make her look ridiculous and call attention to her height. I wouldn't have thought about how tall she really is if she wasn't constantly tottering around in platform shoes and hair to the sky. 

In that case, let's all chip in and send her a stovepipe hat and pair of stilts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Good morning, this is Amazon Grace from the Remnant Fellowship Weather Channel. Today will be fairly cloudy with a chance of Holy Spirit. But tomorrow will be stormy and the driving conditions will be freezing. Beware or Jesus may take the wheel and you end up in the ditch. In the hottest parts of the country, the devastating forest fires continue raging on because God hates fatties. Next week, the weather may turn sunnier because we have prayed for the Remnant outdoor picnic to be a success. Thank you, that's all for the weather report today. After the break, we will interview a man who might have died in a vicious shark attack, but his life was miraculously saved by his faith. He prayed and sat down in front of his laptop and recited inspirational quotes from WeighDown Facebook, and lo behold, there were no sharks. Praise be the Holy One.

Spoiler

I’d Love To See God On The News

December 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.
Habakkuk 3:2

When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.Jeremiah 51:16

It really bothers me that God is not in the headline news every night. I would love to hear a newscaster say, “And the hand of God spared this person from a fatal accident today.” It also makes me mad that God is not on the weather channel every night! Can you imagine hearing the weatherman say, “And God did something new again. We guessed that it was going to rain today, but God decided to bring sunshine instead. What a God of surprises He is! And did anyone see the sunset He painted yesterday? He outdid Himself yet again!”

Why is God not given credit in all the science books and research and news programs? Instead, everyone loves to chalk it all up to “Mother Nature.” Oh, don’t even get me started! My whole soul flares up within me when I get on this subject. Let us all pray, as the prophet Habakkuk did centuries ago, for this arrogant generation. When we all learn that God IS highly involved, from storms and disasters to the best of blessings?

God is God, and I love it! I don’t want it any other way, and I wouldn’t want the world in the hands of anyone else. God has all authority and power, and I respect and uphold every decision He makes, from simple ones to difficult ones. Strive to begin each day standing in awe of God’s deeds, and give HIM credit where all credit and praise and honor is due!

(Excerpt from Exodus Devotional: Laying Down Your Idols, by Gwen Shamblin Lara)

Social Share

No Comment

Kelly Martin December 7, 2015 at 9:48 am Reply

Thank you Gwen for always giving God credit and showing us what they really looks like in a world that worships man !!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It really bothers me that God is not in the headline news every night. I would love to hear a newscaster say, “And the hand of God spared this person from a fatal accident today.” It also makes me mad that God is not on the weather channel every night! Can you imagine hearing the weatherman say, “And God did something new again. We guessed that it was going to rain today, but God decided to bring sunshine instead. What a God of surprises He is! And did anyone see the sunset He painted yesterday? He outdid Himself yet again!”

Well Gwen, do you also want them to say "God killed three children today in a car accident." or "We predicted the hurricane would be mild but instead God decided to make it a lot stronger so he could kill hundreds of people and cause millions of dollars in damage. God sure outdid Himself again!"

You can't have it one way and not the other Gwen. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why is God not given credit in all the science books and research and news programs? Instead, everyone loves to chalk it all up to “Mother Nature.” Oh, don’t even get me started!

Something tells me this is also a slight plug for their homeschool program... 

• Upvote 5

It tells us that Gwen has never read a science book because they do not generally chalk anything up to Mother Nature.

• Upvote 11

On 12/7/2019 at 7:35 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Also if her home was built in 1832 in Tennessee, wouldnt there be a good chance it was built by slaves? I don’t know if I would be proud of the year it was built if that was the history. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.51793cf104d901d24b676ade06441355.png

I Googled Ashlawn plantation (Ashlawn is what she calls her beloved property) and they provided approximate coordinates to where the plantation resided. Sure enough, Gwen's property is right there in the same field.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 7

My whole soul flares up within me when I get on this subject. Let us all pray, as the prophet Habakkuk did centuries ago, for this arrogant generation. When we all learn that God IS highly involved, from storms and disasters to the best of blessings?

Bitch, please.  You pretend to love god because you've got it goin' on in the financial blessings grifting dept.  If god decided you'd be better off dirt poor like Jesus, you wouldn't be so happy about life and god's role in it.

Also, Gwen's Hair. How does it work? Higher the hair the closer to god?  And who's her hairdresser?  There's some serious bleachin', highlighten', teasin' and sprayin' goin' on.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

So it drives Gwen crazy when people don’t give God the credit for the weather or sunsets? Well it drives me crazy when people who lack (or forgot) an elementary school science education think that God is the answer for phenomena that are explained by science and evidence! Just because Gwen is willfully ignorant of the real explanations doesn’t mean there is a supernatural explanation. The “god of the gaps” argument (claiming God is the explanation for things that science can’t yet fully explain) squeezes God into a smaller and smaller box each year as science advances more and more. Ultimately it is an immature and short-sighted religious argument, so I’m not surprised that Gwen Shamblin Lara espouses it. As usual, Gwen’s dumb devotionals aren’t doing her god any favors.

And Gwen doesn’t seem to grasp basic concepts such as that weather predictions are a prediction of the most likely weather; eg a 90% chance of rain means that the meteorologist is also reporting a 10% chance of not-rain, so if not-rain happens it doesn’t mean that the meteorologist was wrong and it doesn’t mean Gwen’s stupid little weather prayers got answered. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

25 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

So it drives Gwen crazy when people don’t give God the credit for the weather or sunsets? Well it drives me crazy when people who lack (or forgot) an elementary school science education think that God is the answer for phenomena that are explained by science and evidence!

Do you think Gwen is a flat earther? I wouldn't be surprised at anything at this point. She's obviously anti-science and takes the bible literally. According to her book, the earth is a flat disk sitting on a table-like structure with a crystal dome over it. It would make my day to find out that she believes in flat earth. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Do you think Gwen is a flat earther? 

I don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she answers that for you in an upcoming post. Hi Gwen Shamblin Lara! ? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Good morning, this is Amazon Grace from the Remnant Fellowship Weather Channel. Today will be fairly cloudy with a chance of Holy Spirit. But tomorrow will be stormy and the driving conditions will be freezing. Beware or Jesus may take the wheel and you end up in the ditch. In the hottest parts of the country, the devastating forest fires continue raging on because God hates fatties. Next week, the weather may turn sunnier because we have prayed for the Remnant outdoor picnic to be a success. Thank you, that's all for the weather report today. After the break, we will interview a man who might have died in a vicious shark attack, but his life was miraculously saved by his faith. He prayed and sat down in front of his laptop and recited inspirational quotes from WeighDown Facebook, and lo behold, there were no sharks. Praise be the Holy One.

Hide contents

I’d Love To See God On The News

December 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.
Habakkuk 3:2

When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.Jeremiah 51:16

Why is God not given credit in all the science books and research and news programs? Instead, everyone loves to chalk it all up to “Mother Nature.” Oh, don’t even get me started! My whole soul flares up within me when I get on this subject. Let us all pray, as the prophet Habakkuk did centuries ago, for this arrogant generation. When we all learn that God IS highly involved, from storms and disasters to the best of blessings?

God is God, and I love it! I don’t want it any other way, and I wouldn’t want the world in the hands of anyone else. God has all authority and power, and I respect and uphold every decision He makes, from simple ones to difficult ones. Strive to begin each day standing in awe of God’s deeds, and give HIM credit where all credit and praise and honor is due!

(Excerpt from Exodus Devotional: Laying Down Your Idols, by Gwen Shamblin Lara)

Social Share

No Comment

Kelly Martin December 7, 2015 at 9:48 am Reply

Thank you Gwen for always giving God credit and showing us what they really looks like in a world that worships man !!

Love the stupid sycophantic Martin family member's comment. Not. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Do you think Gwen is a flat earther? I wouldn't be surprised at anything at this point. She's obviously anti-science and takes the bible literally. According to her book, the earth is a flat disk sitting on a table-like structure with a crystal dome over it. It would make my day to find out that she believes in flat earth. 

If she says the earth is a flat disk, how could she not be a flat earther?

Round earthers abound, so maybe flat earth is something else she will use to set RF apart.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Something tells me this is also a slight plug for their homeschool program... 

Does RF sell a homeschool program (curriculum)?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

Does RF sell a homeschool program (curriculum)?

they run a homeschool program at the church.

613310615_ScreenShot2019-12-10at7_19_55PM.thumb.png.9f7cb5c28182e03f20c791512d0502ca.png

Edited by RFsurvivor
removed wrong photo
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Bitch, please.  You pretend to love god because you've got it goin' on in the financial blessings grifting dept.  If god decided you'd be better off dirt poor like Jesus, you wouldn't be so happy about life and god's role in it.

Also, Gwen's Hair. How does it work? Higher the hair the closer to god?  And who's her hairdresser?  There's some serious bleachin', highlighten', teasin' and sprayin' goin' on.  

Ah, the hair.  Teased up to Jesus and then some.   I just cannot fathom how she thinks it looks good.

nows the time for joe to grow a pair and insist that Gwen go for a much more natural style.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Ah, the hair.  Teased up to Jesus and then some.   I just cannot fathom how she thinks it looks good.

nows the time for joe to grow a pair and insist that Gwen go for a much more natural style.

I wonder if her “natural style” at this point would be balding from years of malnourishment. Wigs can look great and she has enough money to buy a good one. She’s so desperate to be special that she’s become a caricature in the process.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

they run a homeschool program at the church.

Do you know how "optional" it is? Meaning, are people looked down upon if they send their children to traditional schools? Would ANYONE dare send their child to a private school?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Do you know how "optional" it is? Meaning, are people looked down upon if they send their children to traditional schools? Would ANYONE dare send their child to a private school?

Remnant children do in fact go to our public schools. I don’t know how they decide whether to choose the homeschool or public school, but I definitely don’t think they go to private schools. The reason I am unsure about the public vs. homeschooling is because there are some very prominent RF families that go to public school. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

5 hours ago, Blue said:

The homeschool coop has only gotten larger since I left so I don’t know what the attitude is about how “optional”. I went to public school with many other members (Including leadership kids) during my time but that was before they had as much organization. 

From what I’ve gathered looking at the photos, I think the coop is currently geared towards younger kids (elementary to middle school) with a few who could be high school age (hard to tell in pictures). However, I remember Gwen discussing her vision for Remnant Academy (yes seriously that’s the name) and how she wanted all grades and subjects covered by Remnant Academy eventually. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

If you stop eating God will make you holy people and bless  your crops and kneading trough. (It is not explained why you need the crops if eating them is a no-no but maybe farming is just a fun activity that keeps you away from the grocery store.)

Spoiler

The Gift of God’s Lead

December 11, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
Deuteronomy 28:1

We have been given so much… We have the freedom to love God and we actually get a second chance to hear His voice and follow our beautiful Lord. While much of the world is fearful of being controlled by God, we cannot wait to find His lead! Why? Because it is so much easier to let God guide all our decisions and get all the glory, and it works so much better than trying to “GET” things for ourselves! Doing things God’s way, we go further and we get there faster. We get more done and do it better. Now, if you believe in this, then show the truth about what you believe – be consistent and go all the way with giving up the excess food. Life is SO more than food! Do not be blind to what you need to do: WAIT for God’s guidance with your eating today. Read Deuteronomy 28 today and see what God has in store for those who obey Him!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I think they will keep sending their kids to public high school because they want their kids to recruit some new people. I think they likely do it in a discreet way though. I don’t think RF wants to be completely closed off from the community because they need new members to join. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they will keep sending their kids to public high school because they want their kids to recruit some new people. I think they likely do it in a discreet way though. I don’t think RF wants to be completely closed off from the community because they need new members to join. 

I would agree with you that for most kids they would want this. We were taught that every conversation was an opportunity to proselytize and “bring someone to the Truth”. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Remnant children do in fact go to our public schools. I don’t know how they decide whether to choose the homeschool or public school, but I definitely don’t think they go to private schools. The reason I am unsure about the public vs. homeschooling is because there are some very prominent RF families that go to public school. 

I know they DO, I'm just curious what the attitude about it is with current membership. If you were someone who couldn't homeschool or who just didn't want to, I wonder if they would look down on you for not keeping your children surrounded by "the truth." It seems like Remnant Academy or whatever has grown a lot in the past few years. 

2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I would agree with you that for most kids they would want this. We were taught that every conversation was an opportunity to proselytize and “bring someone to the Truth”. 

That makes sense, especially because that seems to be pretty much the ONLY proselytizing that they do, aside from the prison ministry. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Blue said:

That makes sense, especially because that seems to be pretty much the ONLY proselytizing that they do, aside from the prison ministry. 

I was thinking they do it through Weigh Down.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Blue said:

I know they DO, I'm just curious what the attitude about it is with current membership. If you were someone who couldn't homeschool or who just didn't want to, I wonder if they would look down on you for not keeping your children surrounded by "the truth." It seems like Remnant Academy or whatever has grown a lot in the past few years. 

If you can't homeschool the kids yourself, sometimes your authority Shepherd will arrange for you to bring in your kids to another family on a daily basis for "homeschooling". Doesn't seem legal to me. 

3 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I was thinking they do it through Weigh Down.

They do sell homeschool "teaching" materials through WeighDown at specific times of the year. But it's not sound academic material. 

4 hours ago, Blue said:

If you can't homeschool the kids yourself, sometimes your authority Shepherd will arrange for you to bring in your kids to another family on a daily basis for "homeschooling". Doesn't seem legal to me. 

• Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic