IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Sometimes Gwenese is as difficult for me as Weenese.  In fact, sometimes I feel like I've embraced suffering by the end of reading the daily delusional devotional.   Can someone translate how "mere Christianity" fits into this sentence.  Perhaps I need to sip more wine while waiting for hunger...

My current fave Fundie Death Match of choice is Gwen vs. Bro.

Sheer lunacy value. Wine vs. Weens.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

*I think his parents are divorced(or some back story like that). But on the invite, it only states Mr and Mrs Donald Fischer. 

Her parents are named at the top of the invite. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, WeirdHarold said:

The poor girl sure is concerned about those 15 lbs.  I hope the best for them, but also I hope both of them get away from that place and those teachings as soon as possible.

Most of the couples who get married there end up staying members. I don’t know actual stats but from my memory and what I can tell from public social media. There are a few exceptions, such as myself and @RFSurvivor_2 who got married there and left as a couple and are still going strong.

Remnant likes to claim a high success rate with their weddings but also likes to ignore that there are quite a few divorces due to one partner leaving Remnant. They used to claim 100% success rate of couples who “stayed in the TRUTH!” They also had a video that showed every wedding and counted them, but eventually dropped that once they had to start removing people ? This was somewhere around 2013 when they were at approx 92 weddings since early 2000s (maybe 2003). Not sure what version of that video they show these days, but I’m sure we’ve edited out by now!

As for them leaving, I always believe that there is hope. However, Remnant puts so much focus on the in group (hello BITE model) and insider vs outsider that it is hard to leave when it is your whole life and community. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

You can wait a week for hunger and it's not enough, Gwen wants you to suffer more. 

Doing good deeds and sacrificing yourself for the good of others has no place in this cult. You get saved by being miserable for the sake of being miserable. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191105-131716.thumb.jpg.c1d91f5f2e842118a09bdbabd31b1292.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

You can wait a week for hunger and it's not enough, Gwen wants you to suffer more. 

Doing good deeds and sacrificing yourself for the good of others has no place in this cult. You get saved by being miserable for the sake of being miserable. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20191105-131716.thumb.jpg.c1d91f5f2e842118a09bdbabd31b1292.jpg

For once I agree with Gwod. Being halfway in Remnant was the most miserable time of my life. Being out of that cult has been some of the best times in my life, way better than being a cog in the borg. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

https://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/vanzante-fischer-wedding/

*I think his parents are divorced(or some back story like that). But on the invite, it only states Mr and Mrs Donald Fischer. 

Yes, the groom's mother is an ex-member of Remnant.  His dad stayed in Remnant and divorced his wife/the groom's mom.

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Her parents are named at the top of the invite. 

The groom's mother is not named on the invite.  "Son of Mr. & Mrs. Donald Fischer" is the groom's dad and step mom.

No idea all that is going on behind the scenes, but family division is VERY, VERY real when Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship cult gets in between a family. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

For once I agree with Gwod. Being halfway in Remnant was the most miserable time of my life. Being out of that cult has been some of the best times in my life, way better than being a cog in the borg. 

I, for one, am very happy that you made it out. And I appreciate all that you contribute to this board. You and @RFSurvivor_2!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

The poor girl sure is concerned about those 15 lbs.  I hope the best for them, but also I hope both of them get away from that place and those teachings as soon as possible.

I think these testimonies (especially the guy’s in this example) could be written by bots.  You just have to imply a struggle, God, Gwod, and throw in a lot of meaningless superlatives (“best, sweetest, most beautiful, smartest, kindest, etc). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

All these testimonies for the engaged couple are so odd. I know many have pointed it out before but I keep finding it baffling. I wish people of the Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship would go read The Knot and other wedding websites and read how those people write how they met and their excitement for their upcoming life together. Since many of these people are born into the church, they, sadly, don't know any difference. I really wish the people would google! A little "ping" of wth should be going off in their head when leadership tells them not to read outside sources or not to google the church, etc.

5 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

The groom's mother is not named on the invite.  "Son of Mr. & Mrs. Donald Fischer" is the groom's dad and step mom.

Thank you, I misunderstood that in the original post, now I understand that both of his parents are not listed. 

• Upvote 3

Today we learn that Gwen wouldn't love her puppy if said puppy wasn't perfectly obedient. And this, my friends, tells us all we need to know about Gwen. 

Spoiler

Staying Near

November 06, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Are you seeking this peace and joy through a relationship with God and Christ or are you seeking selfish gain and glory? The Key is to stay near. My puppy dog does not leave my side. When I am sleeping on the bed, she is at my feet. When I get up, she follows me from room to room. She will lie down and sleep in each spot until she hears my feet move. Then she follows me again. She must be sleeping with one eye open. She has several spots where she can get even closer to me, and when I am writing she wants on my lap. She is relentless until she gets closer to me. She greets me at the door every day. She knows my routine. Her focus is on me. I would not want her around if she did not obey. She obeys better than any dog we have ever had. When I say, “back,” she gets back. The point is that she is obviously living for my attention and love, and that is it. She has no greater goal. Are you that focused on God and getting His love and approval?  Are you near God and Christ?

I only have one question: does she feed her dog?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

Staying Near

November 06, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Are you seeking this peace and joy through a relationship with God and Christ or are you seeking selfish gain and glory? The Key is to stay near. My puppy dog does not leave my side. When I am sleeping on the bed, she is at my feet. When I get up, she follows me from room to room. She will lie down and sleep in each spot until she hears my feet move. Then she follows me again. She must be sleeping with one eye open. She has several spots where she can get even closer to me, and when I am writing she wants on my lap. She is relentless until she gets closer to me. She greets me at the door every day. She knows my routine. Her focus is on me. I would not want her around if she did not obey. She obeys better than any dog we have ever had. When I say, “back,” she gets back. The point is that she is obviously living for my attention and love, and that is it. She has no greater goal. Are you that focused on God and getting His love and approval?  Are you near God and Christ?

Her view on the trinity makes for some awkwardness.  Is it "a relationship with God and Christ" or would that be two separate relationships?  "Are you near God and Christ?"  Can you be farther from one of them than from the other?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The point is that she is obviously living for my attention and love, and that is it.

And that is all Gwen wants out of people too. They must obey and live to worship her. 

And Gwen is totally one of those people who would dump an older dog at the pound when  it starts having health problems and accidents. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Is her puppy dog's name Elizabeth?   The reason I ask is, in the very first post in this thread, did we ever determine if that was Elizabeth draped across the lovebirds' laps?  I never could figure out what was going on in that photo.  ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Is her puppy dog's name Elizabeth?   The reason I ask is, in the very first post in this thread, did we ever determine if that was Elizabeth draped across the lovebirds' laps?  I never could figure out what was going on in that photo.  ?

Yes, it is Elizabeth in the photo. Some of us think that the pic is posed and is their lame attempt to show how much fun they're having together. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Her view on the trinity makes for some awkwardness.  Is it "a relationship with God and Christ" or would that be two separate relationships?  "Are you near God and Christ?"  Can you be farther from one of them than from the other?

I am not even sure she knows what she thinks. The other day she said this

That is why their relationship with God and Christ suffers.

So it's one relationship with two targets?

But if you will follow Christ, you will find the relationship with God.

No, wait, if you first have a relationship with Christ you will then establish a relationship with God later? So two relationships but one follows from the other?

Christ embraced DAILY suffering for God and yet experienced DAILY JOY and a powerful relationship with God.

No, wait, Christ was just another dude who tried to have a relationship with God?

Choose Christ as your Lord today and follow Him!

No, wait, Christ is the Lord and you should have a relationship with him?

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I am not even sure she knows what she thinks. The other day she said this

So it's one relationship with two targets?

No, wait, if you first have a relationship with Christ you will then establish a relationship with God later? So two relationships but one follows from the other?

No, wait, Christ was just another dude who tried to have a relationship with God?

No, wait, Christ is the Lord and you should have a relationship with him?

And yet her followers genuinely can't see how she changes back and forth. Read her statement on her website... at one point she starts to dive close to polytheism.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Blue said:

And yet her followers genuinely can't see how she changes back and forth. Read her statement on her website... at one point she starts to dive close to polytheism.

Even when I was a member I struggled with the trinity stance....

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I’m not going to neg on Gwod for not being a Trinitarian (heck, I’m a Unitarian Universalist) unless she’s rejecting the concept of the Trinity as an edgy religious gimmick rather than a true conviction. I’ll happily neg on her for everything else, though: her anorexia cult has the power to kill people and ruin lives.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

I’m not going to neg on Gwod for not being a Trinitarian (heck, I’m a Unitarian Universalist) unless she’s rejecting the concept of the Trinity as an edgy religious gimmick rather than a true conviction. I’ll happily neg on her for everything else, though: her anorexia cult has the power to kill people and ruin lives.

The trinity was always something we were willing to look aside on because we think there are a lot of different ways of viewing it... but her statement (at least a few years ago when we were looking into it all) came really close to polytheism. She separated God and Jesus via her line of authority, but then said Jesus was God. It was all very hard to follow and she contradicted herself numerous times (in typical Gwen fashion), but she was definitely taking it down a weird path.

She's also confused on the history of the trinity. At one point she said the Crusades were literally just a big fight against people who rejected the trinity...

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

More on the trinity views:. You should look at Jesus' feet because  Christ did really good in his relationship with God and God rewarded him with a lot of power and eternal life.

Jesus has a lot of money. Be like Jesus.

Spoiler

A Beautiful Relationship of Love for God

November 07, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Do you watch the feet of Jesus and concentrate on what He did? He always spoke the truth in love and stayed busy in Kingdom work every day, not caring about what naysayers thought but only what the needs of the people were. Christ lost Himself in God and now has right-hand recognition and position and power. Simply put, He has a lot of money, and He will live forever and ever, ruling with God. Is there a higher reward? Tell me what pays greater dividends. People work out and get exercise and go to the doctor for health check-ups and take a lot of the medicines prescribed to lower blood pressure and prolong life. Nothing lowers your blood pressure more than a relationship with God where you can pray about every worry. Health is from a relationship with the Creator. Ultimately, it was the transfer of a relationship with the food over to a relationship with God that stopped your greed, which resulted in weight loss. Ultimately, it was a relationship with God that gave you more confidence that someone really loved you so that you could love your spouse back. This security resulted in not trying to prove that you were right or to argue, so now your relationships are rewardingly strong. You have no fear of your love leaving your side. God gets the credit! I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Your relationship with God is what you need to concentrate on. Stay near; hold His Word near and dear to your heart; follow His lead. Stay close at hand for whatever is needed to be done. Listen to His voice and obey. Have only eyes and ears and passion for God. Find out what is blocking this relationship and demolish it while you have a chance.

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

48 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Simply put, He has a lot of money,

I have a feeling Gwen would have been shocked if she had actually met Jesus. And I doubt the concept of money will exist in heaven if heaven actually exists. Really, what would be the point of all that money? You already get whatever you want. 

Gwen's trinity beliefs are one of her least weird things. The whole trinity concept is bizarre on its own. I think Gwen only took it on a different path because she likes to stand out and be different. I really doubt she could actually hold a deep conversation on the subject. Or a deep conversation on anything! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Gwen and David divided their marital assets when they divorced, so Gwen recently actually lost quite a bit of her money.  What does it all mean?   Her God resembles an ATM.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

He has a lot of money

Oh. My. Goodness. Does she realize how greedy this sounds? Be like Jesus because he has a lot of money?!  Oh, yes, He also has recognition, position, and power. All the things Gwen desires but her underlings are not supposed to want.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Health is from a relationship with the Creator.

This is one of my very unfavorite ideas. That if you have any health issues, it's because there's something wrong with your relationship with God. Let's add guilt and shame to your pain.

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do you watch the feet of Jesus and concentrate on what He did? He always spoke the truth in love and stayed busy in Kingdom work every day, not caring about what naysayers thought but only what the needs of the people were. Christ lost Himself in God and now has right-hand recognition and position and power. Simply put, He has a lot of money, and He will live forever and ever, ruling with God. Is there a higher reward? Tell me what pays greater dividends. People work out and get exercise and go to the doctor for health check-ups and take a lot of the medicines prescribed to lower blood pressure and prolong life. Nothing lowers your blood pressure more than a relationship with God where you can pray about every worry. Health is from a relationship with the Creator. Ultimately, it was the transfer of a relationship with the food over to a relationship with God that stopped your greed, which resulted in weight loss. Ultimately, it was a relationship with God that gave you more confidence that someone really loved you so that you could love your spouse back. This security resulted in not trying to prove that you were right or to argue, so now your relationships are rewardingly strong. You have no fear of your love leaving your side. God gets the credit! I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Your relationship with God is what you need to concentrate on. Stay near; hold His Word near and dear to your heart; follow His lead. Stay close at hand for whatever is needed to be done. Listen to His voice and obey. Have only eyes and ears and passion for God. Find out what is blocking this relationship and demolish it while you have a chance.

I've been trying to type a comment, but this is just so outrageous that I can't. I don't even know how to put into words how disgusted I am.

I'm so glad my family didn't get sucked in 10 years ago when her teachings were wrong, but a LOT more sane. People who are in now seem like they haven't been able to see the spiral down that she's taken. I mean... call my crazy, but I'm REALLY thankful my grandma takes her heart meds and doesn't just try to pray her heart issues away... God is the ultimate Creator... He gave the wisdom to scientists to create these medicines... taking them isn't a sign that you have a poor relationship with God...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic