IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

On 11/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, Insightful said:

I check in on FJ daily.  I don't have it saved in my favorites because the pages always change.  My computer defaults to Bing (FYI).  I type in the search bar "Gwen Lara wine".  I do this EVERY DAY.  Today, nothing.  FJ did not come up AT ALL.  For the first 4-5 pages all I found was pro Gwen stuff.  I went through 8 pages.  I changed the search to the whole title adding Free Jinger.  Still nothing.  I changed the search engine to Google and it showed up immediately.  Very strange....

The end of net neutrality might have something to do with it .  Like , Remnant Fellowship might have paid Bing to give them preferential treat in the search results pages .  I have read in a book by cult expert Steven Hassan that when researching various groups that might be cults you might have to scroll down several pages before finding critical websites , as large lucrative cult organizations will tend to dole out big money to get their websites come up first .  https://www.geek.com/news/fcc-backs-fast-lanes-for-web-traffic-in-new-net-neutrality-rules-1592171/  ,  

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/elimination-net-neutrality-will-hurt-religion  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

That reminds me of those commercials for that drug-rehab center with its founder saying “I used to be an addict, but now I’m not”(Passages Malibu, IIRC). Once, I did a search for “(Name of center)critical reviews” and almost the entire first page was links looking like they were critical, but when you clicked on them, you realized they were actually by that facility(which I’ve read is basically a place for rich addicts to “dry out”).

ETA: LA Weekly article on Passages Malibu

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 4

Hey, Gwen! I just had two exquisite pieces of toast (made from my homemade honey whole wheat bread) and a big mug of ginger tea that contained sugar. It’s cold and drizzly out and it made me feel better. Bite me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Pretty strange that Jesus never mentioned the growl if  his only job was to wait for it. 

Spoiler

Finding Fullness and a Connection with God

November 22, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.” John 4:34 Your food is to do the will of the Father. And what is the will of the Father? It is found in finding true hunger. Waiting on God’s signals for hunger and fullness is like finding God, meeting up with God every day, several times a day. It keeps you so focused on His will.

You wait for the growl…all day long you are focused on finding God’s boundaries. When you get to true hunger, then you can think about food at that point—but not before. And then you get what you want to eat. It is so important to eat what God has programmed inside of you. The moment you start eating, you are looking for that Way of Escape, praying, “God, show me the full. Let me feel it, and show me the Way of Escape. Help me find the stopping point.” You take the Way of Escape, push the food away, and you are immediately back into waiting for the next growl. You cannot be thinking about food—those who are both thinking about food and waiting for the growl are headed towards a binge.

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And what is the will of the Father? It is found in finding true hunger.

.........................................Words fail me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Gwen Shamblin Lara has taken the most natural of bodily activities, eating, and turned it into a complicated spiritual mess. God could not have meant eating to involve all the shit Gwen brings into it. Cult leaders often make simple things complicated, so they can seem profound. What a load of bullshit Gwen Shamblin Lara is selling.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

Elizabeth just posted a picture of Gwen, Joe, and her dog on Instagram. It’s the first post she’s made since June 2017. I figured she was never going to post on that account again. 

• Thank You 3

Now I know' why Jesus is Gwen's hero even though she doesn't care about anything that Jesus said.

He fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, and was REALLY hungry. But still he did not eat. 

Spoiler

Waiting on God’s Plan and His Menu

November 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Look what happens to the person who is doing it right. They are concentrating on God thru following His lead all day and finding true hunger. They are concentrating on God once they start eating to find the full. They are concentrating back on waiting on the growl in the evening…they are crying out to God. Do not just reach out to others—you need to get down and pray, because the whole point of this is your relationship and Connection with God. Then you will find that you are more connected! It turns out that the very thing where you were out of God’s will in your life, your stronghold, actually ends up being the thing that really builds your relationship with God.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:1-4

Jesus was very hungry, and he was tempted, but in the end, he was fed by the Angels. You will be tempted, and you may be really hungry. Head hunger, temptation and physical hunger may all collide at one time. Lies can come in that you have to eat now and that this food does not come around very often. You have to understand that you must stay in the Zone no matter what, because your will has to line up with God’s will. Even if you are growling, it does not mean that you can let go of the “full,” binge out and just keep eating. You have to stay in the will of the  Father with both hunger and fullness.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Elizabeth just posted a picture of Gwen, Joe, and her dog on Instagram. It’s the first post she’s made since June 2017. I figured she was never going to post on that account again. 

Do my eyes deceive me or is Gwen's hair not quite as high as usual?

13 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Her hair is slightly lower! Joe still looks like he is being held hostage and is trying to signal for help using his eyes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do not just reach out to others—you need to get down and pray,

This is ironic considering if you are "struggling" they assign you an accountability partner that you report your food intake to...

• Upvote 5

Jesus was very hungry, and he was tempted, but in the end, he was fed by the Angels. You will be tempted, and you may be really hungry.

I'm disappointed that Gwen did not finish that line of thought with the anticipated "but in the end, you will be fed by the Angels."  I guess Gwen *really* does not want you to eat, whether the Angels show up or not.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Not only is her hair a tiny bit lower, but she also isn’t wearing that ghost white face powder. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not only is her hair a tiny bit lower, but she also isn’t wearing that ghost white face powder. 

If for nothing else, she should at least read our posts for fashion advice!

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen looks slightly less hideous but the dog is adorable. Like a little muppet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SuperNova said:

Gwen looks slightly less hideous but the dog is adorable. Like a little muppet.

It is. I bet that muppet costs at least $2,000.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is. I bet that muppet costs at least $2,000.

I mean it's cute but 2K is ridiculous for a dog that looks like fried chicken.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, hamish said:

The dog is cute but not $2000 cute.

The dog looks like a “Teddy Bear” dog. It’s usually a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Bichon Frise. Warning: I am not a breeder or an expert. I just know how things roll with “designer dogs.” The pups produced can come out looking different ways. Just like with labradoodles. And some “looks” are more desired than others. That Teddy Bear dog is exactly how a lot of people want their designer dog to look like. Therefore I guarantee he had a high price tag. The less desirable looking ones go for cheaper. So yeah, little Blanket Shamblin Hannah was probably 2K.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Now I know' why Jesus is Gwen's hero even though she doesn't care about anything that Jesus said.

He fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, and was REALLY hungry. But still he did not eat. 

Hide contents

Waiting on God’s Plan and His Menu

November 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Look what happens to the person who is doing it right. They are concentrating on God thru following His lead all day and finding true hunger. They are concentrating on God once they start eating to find the full. They are concentrating back on waiting on the growl in the evening…they are crying out to God. Do not just reach out to others—you need to get down and pray, because the whole point of this is your relationship and Connection with God. Then you will find that you are more connected! It turns out that the very thing where you were out of God’s will in your life, your stronghold, actually ends up being the thing that really builds your relationship with God.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:1-4

Jesus was very hungry, and he was tempted, but in the end, he was fed by the Angels. You will be tempted, and you may be really hungry. Head hunger, temptation and physical hunger may all collide at one time. Lies can come in that you have to eat now and that this food does not come around very often. You have to understand that you must stay in the Zone no matter what, because your will has to line up with God’s will. Even if you are growling, it does not mean that you can let go of the “full,” binge out and just keep eating. You have to stay in the will of the  Father with both hunger and fullness.

For reference , such extended fastin is not as peculiar to Remnant Fellowship as one might be inclined to think .  https://donnapartow.com/fasting-for-40-days/  ,  https://www.cru.org/us/en/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/fasting/personal-guide-to-fasting.html    A wider swath of people , mainly Charismatics it would seem , have taken to this practice , to an extreme extent .  And also , it falls under behavior control , on the BITE model .  

5. Regulate diet - food and drink, hunger and/or fasting  

http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php#behavior  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

little Blanket Shamblin Hannah

I thought you were kidding, referring to Michael Jackson's unique name choices. But I see the dog's name actually is Blanket.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

Wow. They are taking this weird self-identification with Michael Jackson’s victimhood complex way too far. Just like Michael Jackson pretended to be the victim instead of the children he victimized, Remnant members pretend they are victims when really it is they who are making life miserable for their own children and family members. I can’t believe they actually named the dog Blanket ? They have no shame or self-awareness. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

On 11/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, Marmion said:

For reference , such extended fastin is not as peculiar to Remnant Fellowship as one might be inclined to think .  https://donnapartow.com/fasting-for-40-days/  ,  https://www.cru.org/us/en/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/fasting/personal-guide-to-fasting.html    A wider swath of people , mainly Charismatics it would seem , have taken to this practice , to an extreme extent .  And also , it falls under behavior control , on the BITE model .  

http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php#behavior  

I think the weird thing about RF though is that the fasting focuses on weight. I grew up in a hard core Pentecostal church so fasting was around me all the time, but it was never about size or weight or even gluttony.

• Upvote 6

39 minutes ago, Blue said:

so fasting was around me all the time, but it was never about size or weight or even gluttony.

I grew up IFB and fasting was common, but I agree, it was never about weight loss. Gwen won't even give up the drinks she love during her fasts. It is just an excuse for her to avoid eating food while consuming large amounts of diet soda. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 11/22/2019 at 10:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I figured the same thing. Here is the post for all people not on IG

Screenshot_20191125-142018_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c05d9112ff76a4ff21951a468ca6cea6.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic