IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Gwen grew up Church of Christ and I think they have similar theology to Nazarenes. 

I have watched these videos , by a YouTuber called Telltale , on the Church of Christ .  

From what was described there , I can see some similarities , especially in regards to perfectionism .  Only , from what I have read , the Church of Christ , a product of the Stone-Campbell Restorationist movement , and the Church of the Nazarene , a product of the Holiness movement , do not share a common history .  Incidentally , my family once visited a Church of Christ congregation , as it was right in the small town we had been residing in , at the time .  But we never returned , after my parents discovered that the Church of Christ believes that in order to be saved , in addition to accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior , one must also be baptized , and join the Church .  See , my parents , as adherents of the Church of God   , which is against denominationalism , did not think it appropriate to regard church membership as being a prerequisite for salvation.  None of my family even formally joined the Church of the Nazarene , even though  the COG is considered to be a sister church by the Nazarenes .  http://2017.manual.nazarene.org/front_matter/historical-statement/  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

The best way to analyze RF/Gwen (they are one and the same) is to not think of it as church with heavy indulgence in socializing, but rather it is a social club, a sorority, that mentions God as a cover for the partying, weddings, and travel.

Form over substance.  Gwen values appearance, good looks, the superficial.  Understanding that is key to following her moves.  Substance in thought have little to do with Remnant.  Gwen is Regina George ruling over the plastics.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Concerned1954 said:

The best way to analyze RF/Gwen (they are one and the same) is to not think of it as church with heavy indulgence in socializing, but rather it is a social club, a sorority, that mentions God as a cover for the partying, weddings, and travel.

Form over substance.  Gwen values appearance, good looks, the superficial.  Understanding that is key to following her moves.  Substance in thought have little to do with Remnant.  Gwen is Regina George ruling over the plastics.

That’s an amazing description. I can’t stop laughing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I was checking out some Gwen and Joe videos such as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTK_Hu_Dp1w

Then I scrolled down through the comments and saw this:

Great advice!!! Wait 10 minutes!!!!

I started to type something like, "With all due respect, Gwen is not the only, or even the first person to ever suggest this." But then I started wondering....... Do you think the comment was sincere or was it facetious?

Well, but in fact waiting for various amounts of time before doing an activity is pretty much the definition of avoiding said activity.

I have some more tips.

How to avoid getting drunk: Do not drink alcohol today. 

How to avoid buying a car: Step 1. wait until next week. Step 2. Repeat Step 1

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I was going to let God have complete control over what I eat but I almost starved because He was too busy to go grocery shopping for me.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191031-133215.thumb.jpg.6d00d0417a25995d4de7b5bbfcb3da09.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

To my bolding - my sorority - Phi Mu image.png.5fe1f1d12e8f0b80e7a6e45d67f116c6.png

was WAY less controlling than Gwen Shamblin Lara and Remnant Fellowship. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

To my bolding - my sorority - Phi Mu image.png.5fe1f1d12e8f0b80e7a6e45d67f116c6.png

was WAY less controlling than Gwen Shamblin Lara and Remnant Fellowship. 

But seriously , as I posted before on this forum , cult leaders ,  such as Gwen Shamblin Lara , do bear a resemblance to certain clique leaders , such as Regina George , from the movie " Mean Girls ".   

• Upvote 3

Spooky voice: Today we learn about men who keep going after being eventually murdered.

Spoiler

Rejected by the World, Loved by God

November 01, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised. In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.”
Job 1:21-22

I have found inspiration in the martyrs and the men like Job and Spafford, but especially Jeremiah, Paul and Jesus. Though the world hated and rejected them, you could not take away the treasure in their hearts. I was not there; I have not spoken to Job or to the Apostle Paul or Peter, but I can only guess what they would say after giving up their personal lives and livelihoods and reputations. They were imprisoned and eventually murdered by the religious organizations. How do people keep going? It is a secret. What Job said and did after he heard the terrible news was that he got up off the floor and tore his robe and shaved his head; then he fell to the ground in worship and said the words recorded above.

Even though everything was taken away and great pain and suffering was added to his life, he was not willing to give up the treasure of a relationship with God for the goods of the world. His wife tried to get him to give it up, but Job would not sin or blame God or do anything to hurt this relationship with God. Even though everything had been taken away, he still had his treasure, and this kept him going.

Job would learn that those were not his children or his employees or his money. He would see in the end that we own nothing – God owns everything. This is God’s world. Nothing else matters, because these are not our bodies or our children or our possessions. We are just the caretakers. We are just the humble house help or gardeners and nannies and bank tellers. We have been lied to and told that we are the bank, the landlords, the creator of our children and that we own our bodies, our minds and our lives. That is why we cannot lay down sin.

Self-denial comes easy when you have no ownership. The world is God’s, and it all belongs to Him and was created to carry out His agenda. The world is His, my friends; it is His.

(Excerpt from The Legend to the Treasure)

The list of martyrs seems quite random. Jeremiah, Paul, Peter, Jesus, Spafford...? Spafford..? Bueller?

Maybe this person? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Spafford

He had four daughters die in a shipwreck and wrote this encouraging and strangely timely verse, 

The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Spoiler

Letting Go of Man-Made Rules

November 02, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You will never lose the love of food unless you stop dieting and let go of control. Diets will never make you self-controlled—they make you get OUT of control. Man-made rules [or diets] will never sanctify you or give you the self-control you desire. But in contrast, self-control comes from obedience to God. Only in obeying the commands of God do you receive FREEDOM from food and self-control. That’s why the Ten Commandments—the Tablets—are so PRICELESS. They are the commands that came straight from God. They are commands

that sanctify. Go back to the basics of Weigh Down and read the Scripture in Colossians 2:20 that steers you away from man-made rules, such as dieting. Man-made rules lack ANY value in restraining sensual indulgence, but God’s rules set you free!

For more information, sign up for the Breakthrough Series available on Weigh Down TV. 

Today we shall let go of man made rules about dieting by signing up for this man-made commercial course about dieting.

I don't think there is anything direct in the Ten Commandments about what you should or should not eat although it is assumed that stolen food and your neighbor's cattle are somewhat off limits.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

Go back to the basics of Weigh Down and read the Scripture in Colossians 2:20 that steers you away from man-made rules

At least she has her priorities straight - Weigh Down publications and Weigh Down TV, then Scripture (if you must).  ?

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Man-made rules [or diets] will never sanctify you or give you the self-control you desire.

You know what else is man-made? Diet coke and hairspray. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Hide contents

Letting Go of Man-Made Rules

November 02, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You will never lose the love of food unless you stop dieting and let go of control. Diets will never make you self-controlled—they make you get OUT of control. Man-made rules [or diets] will never sanctify you or give you the self-control you desire. But in contrast, self-control comes from obedience to God. Only in obeying the commands of God do you receive FREEDOM from food and self-control. That’s why the Ten Commandments—the Tablets—are so PRICELESS. They are the commands that came straight from God. They are commands

that sanctify. Go back to the basics of Weigh Down and read the Scripture in Colossians 2:20 that steers you away from man-made rules, such as dieting. Man-made rules lack ANY value in restraining sensual indulgence, but God’s rules set you free!

For more information, sign up for the Breakthrough Series available on Weigh Down TV. 

Today we shall let go of man made rules about dieting by signing up for this man-made commercial course about dieting.

I don't think there is anything direct in the Ten Commandments about what you should or should not eat although it is assumed that stolen food and your neighbor's cattle are somewhat off limits.

I just read the scripture reference she gave , and  for context , here is the entire passage .  

20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and  neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.  

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+2&version=NKJV    So basically this scripture is speaking out against such asceticism as extensive  fasting .  Which exegeted properly would actually contradict her system of limiting food intake , and indict her anorexia mirabilis .  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Gwod  will invariably return to talking about what a superior relationship with God she has.

Spoiler

One Thing to Focus On

November 03, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This is all about a relationship with God. A controlling person has a relationship with themselves. They know every detail about themselves, and their mind is constantly returning to thinking about what they need. Their mouths and conversations will invariably return to talking about themselves and their wants, their needs, their desires. With each passing year, the dieter is more in love with the food and less in love with God. The relationship with God cannot proceed until the control is laid down. The control leads to dieting, which leads to greed, and the greed leads to being out of control. You only have one thing to concentrate on, you only have one thing to do, and that is to concentrate on your relationship with God.

Do not bother knowing real details about yourself when you can just imagine yourself to be this masterful Gwodly being.

Normally I think people automatically know details about themselves even if they're not morbidly self-obsessed, but I suppose starvation may interfere with this process.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

A little recap of this weekend's Remnant 'service'.

Gwen's son Michael wasn't there, but his wife Erin and his kids were.

Gwen's daughter Elizabeth wasn't there, but her husband and kids were.

So for about 20 years, Gwen could never get her husband to show up to her own cult.  She divorces him and gets engaged within days.  Now she has a new husband she can show off, but now her kids are so often AWOL.  

The whole 'service' was again just testimonies.  No sermon (again).  Same old, same old testimonies.  Everyone, everything here is great.  Everyone, everything outside of here sucks.  The testimonies were all younger, married couples.

At the close, Gwen gets on stage to ramble some closing comments.

Gwen talks about hope for marriages.  But wait, she just divorced her husband last year (never mind that, just trust she is an authority on blessed marriages and families).  Then she wanted anyone with a bad marriage to send their name as she can't wait to talk to you.  She continues "Just this year alone, I can't even being to count the number of marriages where it was REALLY far apart and now it is back together and so back together, they feel like newlyweds and life is beautiful.."  (And the audience ignores the incredible irony that the leader of this whole circus is a recent divorcee saying this.)  So she can fix your marriage, but she couldn't fix hers.

There was an incredibly uncomfortable moment when Gwen tries to probe some emotion out of Joe while they are both on stage.  She just kept staring at him waiting for a reply or a complimentary reaction.  It's hard to explain.  He really, really looks like he doesn't want to be there.  But he plays along.  There's lot of money to spend if he just hangs in there.

image.png.c0bfea6fd6dde8c0d5f3ef85a62a8326.png

I can't tell if Joe is wearing some really long suit jacket or it's a trench coat.  Maybe he's so anxious to get out of there, he never even took his coat off.

Another week goes by.  How many marriages and families have been further divided by this cult all while she dedicates an entire service on wonderful marriages and how you can have one too.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

I tried to log on and watch it, but it looked like they took it down? I wonder if she already got a lot of hate over talking about all the marriages she saved... you know... except for her own...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Today's Delusional teaches us that you have to starve yourself because Jesus suffered so suffering makes you Jesus.

Spoiler

Walking with God

November 04, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

It is all about walking with God. When you look for men who have been lifted up by God—Abraham, Moses, David, the Apostle Paul, and especially the Son of God, Jesus Christ—all have a common denominator: they walked with God. God’s Spirit led them. They prayed about their hour and their upcoming hours.  Paul will talk about the Spirit leading him and then later blocking him from going places. Many Prophets talk about the Spirit “taking them” somewhere. When you look back on your life, you can see that by the grace of God, and unconsciously, you have been moved and led by God. Praise Him for doing more for you than you could think or ask. One of the best proof-texts that God is leading you so that you might find Him is found in Acts 17:24-28:

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”

What if this is right? What if the only thing in the world that matters is your personal relationship with God and Christ? This entails leaving the love of the world, and it entails embracing suffering as well as the blessings. Paul threw everything into knowing Jesus Christ and sharing in His sufferings. This suffering changes your life. If you are always preventing suffering, then you are spoiled, and you do not understand Christ and therefore mere Christianity. Christ suffered, and His example is to be followed. Read I Peter 2 and Hebrews 5. Do not rob yourself of suffering for Christ. Waiting for hunger is wrapped up in embracing suffering. Why deny yourself of suffering that will only bring you good in the end?

This is the same reasoning why I bought shoes that are too big for me. Kobe Bryant has big shoes so my shoes make me really good in basketball.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

If you are always preventing suffering, then you are spoiled, and you do not understand Christ and therefore mere Christianity.

Sometimes Gwenese is as difficult for me as Weenese.  In fact, sometimes I feel like I've embraced suffering by the end of reading the daily delusional devotional.   Can someone translate how "mere Christianity" fits into this sentence.  Perhaps I need to sip more wine while waiting for hunger...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Gospel According to Gwod:

“Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,  I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

You're always preventing suffering, and you do not know Christ."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

https://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/vanzante-fischer-wedding/

slow wedding season

a couple of things......

*How many Fischer children are there that will soon be arranged off in marriage like the dad and other siblings?

*In the second paragraph he plainly states that he thinks he was being cursed for being wishy washy. 

*How tacky is it to propose at someone else's "Blessing Shower"?

*I think his parents are divorced(or some back story like that). But on the invite, it only states Mr and Mrs Donald Fischer. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's Delusional teaches us that you have to starve yourself because Jesus suffered so suffering makes you Jesus.

Hide contents

Walking with God

November 04, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

It is all about walking with God. When you look for men who have been lifted up by God—Abraham, Moses, David, the Apostle Paul, and especially the Son of God, Jesus Christ—all have a common denominator: they walked with God. God’s Spirit led them. They prayed about their hour and their upcoming hours.  Paul will talk about the Spirit leading him and then later blocking him from going places. Many Prophets talk about the Spirit “taking them” somewhere. When you look back on your life, you can see that by the grace of God, and unconsciously, you have been moved and led by God. Praise Him for doing more for you than you could think or ask. One of the best proof-texts that God is leading you so that you might find Him is found in Acts 17:24-28:

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”

What if this is right? What if the only thing in the world that matters is your personal relationship with God and Christ? This entails leaving the love of the world, and it entails embracing suffering as well as the blessings. Paul threw everything into knowing Jesus Christ and sharing in His sufferings. This suffering changes your life. If you are always preventing suffering, then you are spoiled, and you do not understand Christ and therefore mere Christianity. Christ suffered, and His example is to be followed. Read I Peter 2 and Hebrews 5. Do not rob yourself of suffering for Christ. Waiting for hunger is wrapped up in embracing suffering. Why deny yourself of suffering that will only bring you good in the end?

This is the same reasoning why I bought shoes that are too big for me. Kobe Bryant has big shoes so my shoes make me really good in basketball.

I read the two passages she referenced  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+2&version=NIV   ,  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+5+&version=NIV   The verses from the two passages she seems to have conveniently overlooked however are these .  

Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor

During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

And as both Peter , and Jesus himself , also stated https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+5+%3A+1-7&version=NKJV   ,  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+20+%3A+25+-+28&version=NIV   ,  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+10+%3A+42-44&version=NIV   .  

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic