IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

My other thought is Victoria gets married at a different time during the day from Susanna and Jessica. I know it will be A LOT to do in one day between getting ready, photos, etc. But, they can work it out where Jessica and Susanna get married mid morning, then Victoria gets married mid afternoon. Then they have a huge reception during which the brides get to wear their wedding gowns. I know that it would be a lot to do in one day. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

So I’m sitting here thinking about how it will all go down. I’m imagining Pa Neely will walk each bride down to her waiting groom separately. It will probably take some time, but some fundies have long ceremonies so it’s nothing new. Then after all the brides are down arm in arm with their grooms, the person officiating will give a speech/sermon on marriage directed toward all three couples. This won’t be individualized. But then each bride and groom may separately recite their vows to one another. It would be nice if this part was personalized but it might not be. Who knows. I hope they skip unity candles and such because it will already be a longer ceremony due to it being a triple wedding. Then the officiant can announce them all husband and wife and they all kiss at the same time. Then they each walk down the aisle the opposite order of how they came. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

The Kendall double wedding was actually two ceremonies in a row, with reversible bridesmaid dresses and everything. The Neelys could do three weddings in a row, though I think it's unlikely. It'll probably be either a triple ceremony or @NancyDrewFan1989's idea of a double ceremony for just the Neely/Wilkes couples plus a separate one for Victoria. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, albireo said:

The Kendall double wedding was actually two ceremonies in a row, with reversible bridesmaid dresses and everything. The Neelys could do three weddings in a row, though I think it's unlikely. It'll probably be either a triple ceremony or @NancyDrewFan1989's idea of a double ceremony for just the Neely/Wilkes couples plus a separate one for Victoria. 

I thought of them doing three in a row in the same day, but I can't figure out how they would do that. So much would have to go on at one time. Unless they decide to have an entire day dedicated to the weddings, then the next day be the reception. If they do that, then I don't foresee the brides getting dressed up again. But, the bridesmaids could wear one of their dresses from the days before. I think we are going to have to wait and see. 

Don't these families spend entire weekends together encouraging each others' fundieness?  Maybe they'll just expand the crowd to include extended fundie families and pray away, with marriage (and weddings) as the theme of the gathering.

If the women wear veils they might want to color code the couples to avoid the potential of a biblical-style mix up.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Don't these families spend entire weekends together encouraging each others' fundieness?  Maybe they'll just expand the crowd to include extended fundie families and pray away, with marriage (and weddings) as the theme of the gathering.

If the women wear veils they might want to color code the couples to avoid the potential of a biblical-style mix up.

I bet they will make a weekend out of it. There will be a big homechurch service Sunday morning after the Saturday wedding(s). Maybe a Sunday lunch with afternoon activities of skits and chalk talks.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Ticket to Ride, Catan AND Essential Oils on their wedding registry

15 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Might come in handy if one of them ends up needing a kidney transplant or something like that.

Ok, so reading these posts, I thought @squiddysquid's was a great snarky response to the essential oils remark by @Sops2, and I initially reacted with a laughing dude... and then realized that SS was responding to @justmy2cents's DNA post. Oops.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they will make a weekend out of it. There will be a big homechurch service Sunday morning after the Saturday wedding(s). Maybe a Sunday lunch with afternoon activities of skits and chalk talks.

Yeah, alá the Bontraggers' triple wedding in 2018.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I think the PP who said the double wedding in the morning, and intermission and then the non sibling wedding in the afternoon had a good idea. I think that could work out if they run a tight schedule.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, hollyandivy said:

Th only question I have: how s daddy going to walk three girls down the aisle????

Load the gals in a large red wagon and pull em down the aisle, like a gaggle of junior bridesmaids/ringbearers.

And I don't understand why this couple hasn't registered for any serving dishes/eating utensils/sheets/towels/plates/glassware.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Jordan seen with Jonathan Staddon at the West Virginia FEW this summer.

Says he is there with Mom and dadScreenshot_20191120-181440_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f269ba1a06609a75840b6e101f59227d.jpgDarn it, I'll have to improve my photoshop skills- sorry it's so dark!

Edited by Sops2
Apologies
  • Upvote 2

I posted a picture of Jordan and his parents from a recent FEW conference. Since it was just him with his parents, I wondered if he met Victoria outside of the FEW conference. Like at church or through friends. And then they invited him to come to the FEW conference because they were courting.

• Upvote 2

I can't get into the Neely Marketplace website right now, but they used to sell candles branded as "Confederate Candles"  which I assume smelled like treason and the hold of the slave ship.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I can't get into the Neely Marketplace website right now, but they used to sell candles branded as "Confederate Candles"  which I assume smelled like treason and the hold of the slave ship.

Thankfully, it's now The Candle Cove at Peachtree.

• Upvote 1

As predicted, FEW featured fellowship and game time.  There was  the teabag sermon, more fellowship, and an unmarried peoples choir.  Sounds like a thrill a minute.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mari2 said:

Is this the Frazer family in attendance?Screenshot_20191123-151325.thumb.png.fbf2507f7527df74e77aee119ae4ce95.png

Definitely. Anytime you see a brown head covering at a FEW conference, it’s probably a Frazer. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that the the Neely blog no longer included the posts about the engagements. So I checked their registries and all of them have updated their wedding date as May 9, 2020. Why they deleted the engagement posts, I don’t know. 

• Upvote 2

How very odd that they have deleted all the engagement posts.

Is one of the daughters having a tortuous journey to the altar like her sister Kathryn and needs more time to be convinced?   

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

How very odd that they have deleted all the engagement posts.

Is one of the daughters having a tortuous journey to the altar like her sister Kathryn and needs more time to be convinced?   

It’s odd. Pushing the date of the triple wedding back, doesn’t seem like a good reason to delete the engagement posts. It just draws more attention to pushing it back. Fundies are strange.

• Upvote 1