IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

FEW conference this weekend with the Neelys in attendance. Who wants to bet there is at least one picture taken of the three newly engaged couples.

Maybe we'll get a caption and figure out what Victoria's fiance's name is. Personally I think he looks like a Burnett, but none of the ages match.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

FEW conference this weekend with the Neelys in attendance. Who wants to bet there is at least one picture taken of the three newly engaged couples.

How many times per year does the FEW conference usually happen? I always thought it was a yearly thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, albireo said:

Maybe we'll get a caption and figure out what Victoria's fiance's name is. Personally I think he looks like a Burnett, but none of the ages match.

I posted a picture of him and his family. It was just him with his parents that I don’t recognize. I don’t think he is from a family we talk about on FJ. 

6 hours ago, AliC said:

How many times per year does the FEW conference usually happen? I always thought it was a yearly thing, but maybe I'm wrong.

They have them in different places. So they will have one in Quebec, then WV, then NC and so on. So they have quite a few each year. Just in different places.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

What is a FEW conference?

and...Idly sitting here wondering how much DNA double first cousins share, as compared to half siblings, and regular first cousins.

• Love 2

31 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Idly sitting here wondering how much DNA double first cousins share, as compared to half siblings, and regular first cousins.

Double first cousins share about the same amount of DNA as half siblings which is more than regular first cousins but less than full siblings. Full sibs share 50%, Double first cousins share 25%, and regular first cousins share 12.5%

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

What is a FEW conference?

and...Idly sitting here wondering how much DNA double first cousins share, as compared to half siblings, and regular first cousins.

FEW stands for Family Encouragement Weekend and the Staddon, Wilkes, Neelys, Frazers, and (I believe) Stelzl family host them at various times throughout the year. It started with the Staddons/Wilkes/Neelys hosting expanding from there. Festivities include skits where the kids get to dress up, playing games outside, and "special talks" for each gender. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I think FEW stands for Family Encouragement Weekend? They are like conferences for fundie families. A lot of the same families attend them. Some of the families we talk about on FJ that attend are the Neelys, Staddons, Wilkeses, Frazers, Stetzls, and Parfitt's. There are also plenty of families that attend and we have no idea who they are. 

• Upvote 2

FEW stands for Family Encouragement Weekend, but it's also the key word for how many men meet the courtship criteria for the daughters of any families there ;) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AliC said:

FEW stands for Family Encouragement Weekend, but it's also the key word for how many men meet the courtship criteria for the daughters of any families there ;) 

I agree it’s like a fundie matchmaking weekend. If you want to know who these fundies will end up marrying, just look through FEW pictures. Maybe it really stands for Fundie Engagement Weekend.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 11/8/2019 at 6:23 AM, uber frau said:

In the case of Fundies, I get the impression comes from having such limited options.  There's generally such a small number of acceptably 'like-minded' families and there are generally few options for young people to meet anyone outside of their parent's approved social circle. Add in the fact that everyone seems to be in a tremenous hurry since Fundies are obsessed with sex purity and because singleness seems to pretty much be seen as a Failure to Launch and, well, it's not surprising that you get sibling sets marrying sibling sets.

My question is, why does nearly every Gothardite GYM present his would-be fiancé with a bouquet of roses (generally red) and that fluffy white stuff I grew up calling Baby's Breath .  I mean not sure what it's generally called but I do know it pretty much stopped featuring in most floral arrangements in the mid 90s. Every Gothard item proposal seems to feature a handwritten testimony, the same bunch of flowers, a Bible and a diamond ring. (I wouldn't be surprised if Gothard has published a pamphlet called, "The 7 props for a Godly Proposal".) There's no scrap of imagination, it looks like a bunch of cookie cuttered clones reading from the same script.  Creepy as hell

I think its Gypsolithilia ( def not spelled right)

This sounds really stupid but part of me does think that the Neely/Wilkes couples agreed to the double wedding reluctantly. I've been following the Neelys for a while now (as many of us) and both Jessica and Susanna come off as girls who wanted their own special wedding days with things done their way. Both do deserve their own wedding day, but were probably told they were being selfish so they have to double up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

Victoria Neely’s wedding to Jordan Smith will be on Feb 22 too! According to their registry. I’m very excited for a triple fundie wedding.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Victoria Neely’s wedding to Jordan Smith will be on Feb 22 too! According to their registry. I’m very excited for a triple fundie wedding.

Can’t wait for the reports!

Does anyone know anything about Jordan’s family? I only know of two Smith fundie families, the 11Smiths and the S’morton Smiths, and he’s not from either of those.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Where did you find a registry for them. Can you link it?

On 11/10/2019 at 2:05 AM, justmy2cents said:

Double first cousins share about the same amount of DNA as half siblings which is more than regular first cousins but less than full siblings. Full sibs share 50%, Double first cousins share 25%, and regular first cousins share 12.5%

Might come in handy if one of them ends up needing a kidney transplant or something like that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Ticket to Ride, Catan AND Essential Oils on their wedding registry

Boy, these two sure are mainstream fundie!

I think a lot of fundies are becoming more mainstream. Not in beliefs, but activities. I think it’s becoming harder to identify fundies in the wild because of this. They are wearing more mainstream clothing, doing mainstreamactivities, and all over social media. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Just now, hollyandivy said:

Th only question I have: how s daddy going to walk three girls down the aisle????

God forbid Mommy helps 

1 minute ago, hollyandivy said:

Th only question I have: how s daddy going to walk three girls down the aisle????

I’m actually most curious about the logistics of it all. I know how double weddings work. We’ve seen them before. But I’ve never seen how a triple wedding works. Maybe he will walk them all down separately?

• Upvote 1