IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s odd. Pushing the date of the triple wedding back, doesn’t seem like a good reason to delete the engagement posts. It just draws more attention to pushing it back. Fundies are strange.

Can you point a nosy bitch to the wedding websites/registries?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Can you point a nosy bitch to the wedding websites/registries?

For some reason FJ is not letting me copy and paste the link. But I use the website called registryfinder.com

Just put in one of the Neely sister’s names and their registry will pop up. I think it’s the best website for finding registries.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can you imagine being beholden to the wedding dramas of two other couples, in determining your own wedding details?  "Triple wedding" sounds like a horrible, horrible idea.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

So I just went to the Neely's blog, they took down the engagement announcements. Trouble in paradise? Not going to lie, but if Jessica and/or Susanna broke off their engagement then that would be awkward for them since Amanda is married to a Wilkes boy.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Can you imagine being beholden to the wedding dramas of two other couples, in determining your own wedding details?  "Triple wedding" sounds like a horrible, horrible idea.

This is my guess as to why the triple wedding is now moved to May 9th. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

How very odd that they have deleted all the engagement posts.

Is one of the daughters having a tortuous journey to the altar like her sister Kathryn and needs more time to be convinced?   

I am thinking that as well. Although, I posted before I noticed the wedding date change I have a feeling Pa Neely is working his courtship magic on either Jessica and/or Susanna. Kathryn was told either marry Daniel Staddon or don't get married at all. Amanda's courtship story came off as her and Matthew liking each other on some level with Pa Neely saying the same thing to Amanda. If Victoria broke off her engagement, then it might not be as bad a situation as Jessica and Susanna. After all, the Neely's and Wilkes already have one union. Having one marriage and two broken engagements would result in very awkward meetings for both families, especially when they "move on" and get married to other people. I don't see Pa Neely letting both Jessica and Susanna breaking off their engagements. Nor do I see Pa Wilkes letting Daniel and Adam do the same. 

• Love 2

My wild card guess as to why they moved back the date:

TLC got wind of a fundie sister triple wedding marrying 2 brothers and 1 unrelated guy where they don’t kiss until their wedding day and they were all over that shit. They offer to film the wedding and help pay for a little bit of it if they are allowed to film in May. Because February is too soon for their shooting schedule. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 2

Those registries are insane. How much money do these kids' friends and families have? Looks like they are making sure that everyone spends at least $100 on them. Chenille handtowels at $30 each? Two crockpots AND an Instant Pot. Multiple cookie  and ice cream scoops and a lasagna turner?? Who needs multiple ice cream scoops?? And everyone has extra tall bed lifts. It so weird.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Those registries are insane. How much money do these kids' friends and families have? Looks like they are making sure that everyone spends at least $100 on them. Chenille handtowels at $30 each? Two crockpots AND an Instant Pot. Multiple cookie  and ice cream scoops and a lasagna turner?? Who needs multiple ice cream scoops?? And everyone has extra tall bed lifts. It so weird.

I bet the extra tall bed lifts are so they can store a bunch of stuff under their beds. It makes me think maybe they are planning on moving into small homes or apartments without much storage space. Let’s hope their friends are able to go in on “group gifts.” I remember my friends and I did that when we were poor college students. We just couldn’t afford the nice lamps our friend registered for. Ahhh memories. That’s when we had to go to the store and print off the registry. There was nothing online. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet the extra tall bed lifts are so they can store a bunch of stuff under their beds. It makes me think maybe they are planning on moving into small homes or apartments without much storage space. Let’s hope their friends are able to go in on “group gifts.” I remember my friends and I did that when we were poor college students. We just couldn’t afford the nice lamps our friend registered for. Ahhh memories. That’s when we had to go to the store and print off the registry. There was nothing online. 

I have a feeling they are looking at starting off in a small apartment. Matthew and Amanda Wilkes live or lived in a small apartment when they were first married. I think Daniel and Kathryn lived in an apartment for the first couple months of marriage, but I'm not sure. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I have a feeling they are looking at starting off in a small apartment. Matthew and Amanda Wilkes live or lived in a small apartment when they were first married. I think Daniel and Kathryn lived in an apartment for the first couple months of marriage, but I'm not sure. 

It makes sense. I think it’s fun for newlywed fundies to live in a small place so they can save money for the big family they will likely have in the future. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I know things have been quiet since the Neely's took down the engagement posts. But any updates? All I am finding are registries for all of the engaged couples, but nothing like stories and photos announcing the blessed event.

10 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I know things have been quiet since the Neely's took down the engagement posts. But any updates? All I am finding are registries for all of the engaged couples, but nothing like stories and photos announcing the blessed event.

I still think it’s incredibly weird that they took down the announcements and then haven’t posted at all since then. They used to post on their blog fairly regularly. Even if it was just a bunch of bible quotes. 

• Upvote 4

I'm thinking it's odd too. 

Nothing since "The Lord is Good to All" in September, the one before the take down.

No updates from Peachtree Cove RV business, nor their German Shepherd breeding sideline, and still only 2019 planners on the Neely marketplace shop. Nothing seems to  be updated.

They better get moving if they're organising a triple wedding

14 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

They better get moving if they're organising a triple wedding

But are they? I have the feeling the whole thing might be off for at least one couple!

Remembering their sister Kathryn's torturous  heart searching  before she married Daniel makes me wonder if any of the girls are going through similar crises.

They have been taught to be dutiful daughters and not question God's will,  but for two of them, having a sister married to a Wilkes already doesn't mean to say that you have to marry another of his brothers.

One of them may be praying and asking God not to make them question their doubts. It must be awful to try and quell that little niggle that somehow it's not what they want, but they have been taught they have no choice in the matter it's God who decides.

It would really spoil the fundie party if one of them changed their mind.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Remembering their sister Kathryn's torturous  heart searching  before she married Daniel makes me wonder if any of the girls are going through similar crises.

They have been taught to be dutiful daughters and not question God's will,  but for two of them, having a sister married to a Wilkes already doesn't mean to say that you have to marry another of his brothers.

One of them may be praying and asking God not to make them question their doubts. It must be awful to try and quell that little niggle that somehow it's not what they want, but they have been taught they have no choice in the matter it's God who decides.

I would feel really sorry for the girl who changes her mind. 

I’m hoping they all just realized what an insane amount of work and planning comes with a triple wedding and they are all just too busy to update anything right now. 

• Upvote 2

Me too- I just hope its not the case that one of the girls has changed her mind and the family are trying to convince her otherwise. It would be an awful situation to be in. 

Hopefully, they are all busy,  happily sewing wedding dresses, making up wedding favours of sugared almonds and working out just how many paper plates and plastic cutlery sets they need for the wedding breakfast!

• Upvote 1

I had a look back at the Neely marketplace and see that Jessica is interested in photography (Jessi lise studios at the Neely team market place) She has an ebook for sale on their online shop "30 tips for perfect family photos"

I don't know when it was first produced and put on sale.(2018 possibly)

She produced it in partnership with James Staddon of Lenspiration. The Lord laid this project on her heart as she had trouble finding conservative wholesome resources to recommend to other Christian photographers.- It has clean/ modest content and she says you won't need to find a sharpie marker to hide immodest pictures from the  guys in your family.

I have visions of the sisters colouring in modesty vests for v neck jumpers

20200205_182748.jpg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

I suspect they're all going to get married as part of a FEW family weekend but have just gone quiet to the public.

The Wilkes and Neely families have known each other for a long time so I doubt either of those pairings would have gone sour.  No idea about the third guy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect they're all going to get married as part of a FEW family weekend but have just gone quiet to the public.

The Wilkes and Neely families have known each other for a long time so I doubt either of those pairings would have gone sour.  No idea about the third guy.

That what is so confusing about the Neely and Wilkes engagement. Before the engagements happened the family blogged regularly with life updates, bible quotes, etc. Since they have taken down the engagement posts, they haven't posted anything.

I don't know about their relationship with Jordan Smith's family (Victoria's fiance) as I can see the family navigating easier through a broken engagement with him rather than Jessica and Susanna who already have a sister married into the Wilkes family. If things did sour with one of the Neely/Wilkes engagement I can see there being more issues.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still think it’s incredibly weird that they took down the announcements and then haven’t posted at all since then. They used to post on their blog fairly regularly. Even if it was just a bunch of bible quotes. 

Exactly, its like the family just dropped off the grid for some reason. Maybe they want to be more private. But it doesn't explain why they took down all of the engagement posts. If all of the weddings are still on, then they would be posting one of those "Our Story" essays that we would be snarking about. Then again, the weddings are in May, so they might have put it off. Either that or TLC or UpTV got wind of a triple fundie wedding and want to cash in on it.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Sops2 said:

The only issue with Kathryn's torturous story is Pa Neely said Daniel Staddon or no one. I don't know much about Pa Neely, but he seems to have complete control over who is daughters marry. Remember, Kathryn said there was another guy she was more interested in over Daniel Staddon. But, Pa Neely nixed him and forced Daniel on her.

I wonder if one of the Neely's or Wilkes, or Jordan Smith (Victoria's fiance) are having different thoughts because another person is in the picture they have stronger feelings for. I know the men would have more freedom when it comes down to courting, marrying, etc. Plus, Pa Neely doesn't have crazy control over them like he does his daughters.

When it comes down to Pa Neely letting one of his daughters breaking an engagement off, I don't see him taking it well. The guy successfully picked two husbands for his daughters. Why not brag about making it five? If Jessica, Susanna, and/or Victoria came to him, then he probably told them this was the man they were meant to marry, literally. He did it with Amanda and Kathryn. Although, Amanda's seemed more interested in Matthew Wilkes than Kathryn did in Daniel Staddon.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Either that or TLC or UpTV got wind of a triple fundie wedding and want to cash in on it.

Part of me can’t help but wonder about this. Double weddings with sisters aren’t that shocking. It happens. But a triple wedding with 3 sisters is basically unheard of. Maybe they are filming it for a network. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Part of me can’t help but wonder about this. Double weddings with sisters aren’t that shocking. It happens. But a triple wedding with 3 sisters is basically unheard of. Maybe they are filming it for a network. 

Same thoughts here. 

• I Agree 1

Thoughts on the Neelys possibly filming the weddings for TV. I remember both David and Priscilla (Keller) Waller and Chad and Erin (Bates) Paine both kept photos of their engagements up on their families and personal blogs BEFORE agreeing to film for TLC. Also, both of them released photos of their nuptials before the episodes aired. So, I can't foresee TLC being so uptight about having photos being taken down. I don't know much about UpTV (the channel where Bringing Up Bates airs) policies. However, the more I think about the more taking the photos down because the family wants to air the wedding doesn't make sense, if they are going with TLC.