IGNORED

Multiplying at Warp Speed: Upcoming Babies 15

Bethella

The People article says everyone is healthy. Hmm if I had a medical condition that meant I would always deliver a full month early...maybe I would think twice about having as many children as possible. Time will tell but I’m not holding my breath. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Anna had the baby.  Maryella Hope Duggar was born at 9:12 a.m., weighing 8 pounds and 2 ounces, and measuring 20 1/2 inches, the proud parents told Us Weekly exclusively.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Anna had the baby.  Maryella Hope Duggar was born at 9:12 a.m., weighing 8 pounds and 2 ounces, and measuring 20 1/2 inches, the proud parents told Us Weekly exclusively.

She lied to us! Didn’t she say she wouldn’t use Mary since they call Merideth “Meri?” I thought she would use Mary until she said that. Then I abandoned that guess. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She lied to us! Didn’t she say she wouldn’t use Mary since they call Merideth “Meri?” I thought she would use Mary until she said that. Then I abandoned that guess. 

That's why I'm thinking they'll probably call her Ella. Just like Mackynzie is Kynzie and Meredith is 'Dithy'.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Just now, singsingsing said:

That's why I'm thinking they'll probably call her Ella. Just like Mackynzie is Kynzie and Meredith is 'Dithy'.

I can’t remember my first name guess but after grandma Mary died, I figured they would go with MaryAnna or something like that. They call Johanna Hannie and Josiah Si, so they probably will nick name her Ellie or Ella.

• Upvote 4

It's not really my favorite name, but it's okay. I hope they call her Ellie, not Ella since it rhymes with Bella. 

• Upvote 5

Could be worse, but I wish it was Mary Ella or Mary-Ella, or even Mariella (or even better, Marielle) rather than Maryella. I dislike most names that are clearly two names smushed together but have the second name not capitalised. 

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

If I was going to choose a Mary name, I would choose Marilyn. I love that name. But it’s not my kid, so I don’t get to name her, lol. Maryella is much better than Mackenzie though. I’ve never liked that name for a girl.

• Upvote 3

If it was me I'd have chosen Marianne. Yes, I know that's a name-smush with the second name uncapitalised, but it doesn't look like a name-smush (to me, anyway!)

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Ooh yes, Marianne is a lovely name. Maryella isn’t to my taste (in that I wouldn’t use it for my child), but it’s not awful. 

• Upvote 3

Maryella definitely isn't what I expected (I too guessed it was more likely to be Maryanne or possibly even Maria, though they might consider it "too Catholic"), but it's not bad. I'd prefer if it was MaryElla or Mary-Ella, but I like it.

• Upvote 1

Maryella isn't my style at all but I'm all about changing a spelling if it's for honoring purposes and most variants of Mary combined with another name or suffix are arbitrary when it comes to spelling- they mean the same etymologically whether they are Mary-Ella or Maryella, or Mary-Anne or Marianne. Maryella is a legitimate etymological variant of Marielle or Mariella. I think Mackynzie and Mason stick out like sore thumbs in the sibling group as far as names go. More so Mackynzie because of the unconventional spelling of an already more modern name for females and the 'y' in there deviates from the etymological roots enough that it's no longer true to the meaning. Not that 'son of Coinneach' is the best meaning ever. Caoin means handsome, and that's the root word of Coinneach- Anglicized this name usually becomes Kenneth.

Michael, Marcus, Meredith, and Maryella all seem fairly coherent- traditional and fairly timeless. You can't make a good guess at how old someone with those names would be or what area of an English speaking country they'd be from. Then you have Mackynzie and Mason, names that are a fleeting trend around the time of the child's birth with no substantial meaning besides "it starts with an M".

I have a niece named Mackenzie and I adore her beyond measure and her name is perfectly fine to me (although very much not to my own tastes) but her parents don't carry on about the meaning of her name or their other kids' names. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

MaryElla is not my favorite. Marielle is lovely though!

Prefer Marietta, I think that it is so pretty. I think that it is the spelling of Maryella that I dislike (autocorrect keeps changing it to Marcella!), the “y” in the middle makes me see Mar.....yella. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Ruth Wissmann Bourlier gave birth on Nov 28th to her third baby in three years; another boy and his name is Judah Loren. She was 37 weeks pg. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic