IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

Her commenters are a collection of morons, conspiracy theorists, racists and incels. Good God, Lori, you love to block and delete, but you keep these people? 

Today I learned that autism is a conspiracy of genetic engineering that will generate taxes for the evil government and that the goal of feminism is to have no reproduction or reproduction by the government that takes place in test tubes. Or some such nonsense. 

SMDH. 

And, of course, women who have jobs are only working for luxury items. Like smartphones. How much do these people think smartphones cost? I don't make much money at all and I pay for my data plan in less than half a day of work, FFS. And my four year old phone cost about $300 and was paid for a long time ago. You can also pay the cost of the phone with low monthly payments. A new phone plus the cost of my plan would still only require me to work a half day per month.  Plus, cell phones are no longer a luxury item; they have become a necessity for most people. 

• Upvote 19

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I feel like I’ve read before that she uses at home henna dye because it’s natural. But from what I heard, if not used correctly it can damage the hair. But I’m not an expert and not interested enough to research it. 

I remember hearing something similar from my neighbor several years back. We were talking about coloring hair and she mentioned that her niece has been getting henna dye jobs at salon for years after she messed up the first time doing it at home.  

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Her commenters are a collection of morons, conspiracy theorists, racists and incels. Good God, Lori, you love to block and delete, but you keep these people? 

Today I learned that autism is a conspiracy of genetic engineering that will generate taxes for the evil government and that the goal of feminism is to have no reproduction or reproduction by the government that takes place in test tubes. Or some such nonsense. 

SMDH. 

And, of course, women who have jobs are only working for luxury items. Like smartphones. How much do these people think smartphones cost? I don't make much money at all and I pay for my data plan in less than half a day of work, FFS. And my four year old phone cost about $300 and was paid for a long time ago. You can also pay the cost of the phone with low monthly payments. A new phone plus the cost of my plan would still only require me to work a half day per month.  Plus, cell phones are no longer a luxury item; they have become a necessity for most people. 

I think Lori's leghumpers occasionally hear or read that certain smartphone models are between $500-1000 and then they believe that's one of the reasons why women work.  They either don't know or ignore that phones can be paid off with payment plans and not everyone is going to get very expensive smartphones. In general, some of Lori's leghumpers always assume that the "luxury" things some women work for  are always very expensive. In the past, they have brought up two income families going on vacations. For all they know, those families could be staying in cheap motels or other low cost accommodations and they could be flying on discount airlines. 

• Upvote 11

I think what gets me is how they seem to look down on people daring to have “luxuries” but I guarantee you that if Lori’s followers had more disposable income they’d be right there taking vacations and such. Because it isn’t about shunning materialism it’s about judging others. Lori judges others for materialism while living in her large house with her long summer vacations. That’s something many working parents can only dream to have. Lori expects others to give up things she’d never give up. 

And yes babies born in test tubes completely dependent on the government. I haven’t met a single liberal or feminist that seemed to want this. Like who put the koolaid in your Applejacks?

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think Lori's leghumpers occasionally hear or read that certain smartphone models are between $500-1000 and then they believe that's one of the reasons why women work.  They either don't know or ignore that phones can be paid off with payment plans and not everyone is going to get very expensive smartphones. In general, some of Lori's leghumpers always assume that the "luxury" things some women work for  are always very expensive. In the past, they have brought up two income families going on vacations. For all they know, those families could be staying in cheap motels or other low cost accommodations and they could be flying on discount airlines. 

Because they are ignorant. 

Their notion that everyone can just cut back and magically live on one income is a refusal to live in reality. It's a refusal to acknowledge that too many jobs do not pay living wages in this country. Or that health care is expensive and inaccessible for way too many people. Or that huge swaths of the country lack reliable public transportation if they have any at all. Or the number of children living in food insecure households. 

In 2016, 7.6 million working people were living below the poverty line, FFS. But obviously, they'd be fine if they just cut back on "luxuries". 

• Upvote 16

Ooh, hair color thread drift! I had forest green hair for more than two years and I absolutely loved it. As it grew out I stopped dyeing the roots and it grew into an ombre. It was so easy to maintain and it made me feel like a wood nymph. I had to dye it back to brown before I started going to job interviews ? I actually cried when I started doing the dye job. I like my natural color, and I've been graying since 17 which I actually also like. But it's not the same. I can't wait until I hit the "had green hair in college" post count because I did, lol. 

33 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

And, of course, women who have jobs are only working for luxury items. Like smartphones.

I think Lori has a very warped idea of what "luxury" is. Some of her fans do too, but for a different reason. Lori lives in luxury compared to a large portion of the world, and even of the US. Many of her followers are in poverty because only the husband works. Between them, they have no concept of what "luxury" actually is and not enough self-awareness to acknowledge their biases. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I wish someone with awesome photoshop skills would Jillerize Lori.

Not awesome, but here ya go. 

ETA: Wait.  Is this allowed?  ?

E9AFEEB4-DB70-4A2C-A35E-9BEB92718C09.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Additional thought
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • Love 7

5 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think what gets me is how they seem to look down on people daring to have “luxuries” but I guarantee you that if Lori’s followers had more disposable income they’d be right there taking vacations and such. Because it isn’t about shunning materialism it’s about judging others. Lori judges others for materialism while living in her large house with her long summer vacations. That’s something many working parents can only dream to have. Lori expects others to give up things she’d never give up. 

And yes babies born in test tubes completely dependent on the government. I haven’t met a single liberal or feminist that seemed to want this. Like who put the koolaid in your Applejacks?

I agree, if they had more disposable income they would be going off on vacations, paying for kitchen remodels, expensive organic food, and a bunch of other things. It's bugged me quite a bit that Lori's followers will constantly bash some working women for having nice things and going on vacations. Yet, somehow it's fine and dandy that Lori has material things and goes off to Wisconsin for several months a year.   The followers, Lori, and Ken also don't acknowledge or realize that not all two income families have luxury things and still struggle after the bills are paid. 

• Upvote 16

15 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

We went on vacations twice a year when I was growing up. Once in the spring and once in the fall. We went to the lake during the off seasons and stayed in a cabin for two nights. Cost less than $200 for a family of five. Plus gas money and food. A lot of times when we went we had free tickets to a show. We never ate out so we didn’t spend much on food. We maybe spent $400 total on the trip for five people. Both of my parents worked, my dad worked two jobs and my mom worked part time. 
I went on my first vacation in five years a few weeks ago with my mom. We rented a car and drove to gulf shores in Alabama. For the two of us we spent about $900 including gas, eating out once a day, snacks, going to the zoo, and renting bikes for the day. Not a lot of money for a four day trip. Lori spends way more money on her vacations. I am at my second job that has paid vacations. Without paid time off I couldn’t afford a crazy vacation. 
I have an iPhone 7plus. Bought it two years ago on a payment plan because I had to. It is now paid off. I’ve never had the latest and greatest phone. My younger brother has a pixel 3. He got it last year as a present. Everyone chipped in because he needed a cell phone with a good camera. He is working part time and going to school. Cell phones are no longer luxuries. 
I would love to see Lori go on wife swop with a homeschooling family of six. She wouldn’t make it a day. 

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

ETA: Wait.  Is this allowed?  ?

E9AFEEB4-DB70-4A2C-A35E-9BEB92718C09.jpeg

Needs more green eyeshadow!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Because it isn’t about shunning materialism it’s about judging others. Lori judges others for materialism while living in her large house with her long summer vacations. That’s something many working parents can only dream to have. Lori expects others to give up things she’d never give up. 

This is true. 

As a former leg humper, I can also say that this whole mindset is extraordinarily selfish for people calling themselves followers of Christ.   A number of women supported Jesus' ministry and followed Him as disciples. A number of women had house churches in the early church, after Pentecost, and several of these women were wealthy. Priscilla and Aquila were not poor by any means. This husband and wife ministry teams helped other people all the time, going about teaching and ministering - this cost money!

My point is that this poverty thinking is actually selfish: it cocoons these types of Christians into little segregated houses where no one ministers outside of those four walls, and no one else is allowed inside to receive ministry!  The man is so busy working his ass off to "provide" for his own that he has no time to give to anyone else. The woman can't give any of "his" earned income to others, because they're already receiving public assistance on every level imaginable. The little wifey can't have women over into her home and do house church because her "headship" has told her that she cannot teach anyone else.  Plus, it would take her away from "serving" him and all the kids; pouring into other women is for "older" women (which means this never happens...because when this woman is older, she is still having little babies because of no birth control!).  

Paul, whom Lori simply loves, said: 

"Beloved, I pray that in every way you may prosper and enjoy good health, as your soul also prospers."

That word "prosper" means: (Strong's #2137)

succeed

to succeed in business affairs

have a happy (successful) journey

leading to good fortune

So, we see that it is biblical for women and men to prosper in EVERY WAY and be happy, be successful in business, have good fortune, as their mind will and emotions (soul) are prospering. 

The unhappiness, poverty, suffering, failure and ill fortune including soul sickness that Lori preaches is OPPRESSION, which is the opposite of prosperity/health.

*Editing to clarify: it is clear that Lori believes SHE AND KEN and their children should be "prospering" - at least financially (maybe not emotionally and physically and in all ways).  But she is preaching oppression and poverty to other women and men, and their children. This is the real point my post: Lori should want all of her leg humpers to prosper, and help them to do so, not preach to them that they should be poor.*

Edited by ladyicantxplain
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 8

@Lgirlrocks We get one vacation about every three years. This year we went to the northwestern part of Nebraska which is not flat at all. Four days. Hotel, rental car, two full meals and a midday snack every day, park entry fees ($19 total for two state parks and one NPS site) and gas added up to around $800. Cheaper than our last couple of trips because it was a cheaper area, no cities or huge tourist sites. 

We also do two nights in a cabin in a local state park every fall. About $150 for the cabin and we take all of our food. Everything else is free. 

Those are the luxury vacations I am working for...

When I was growing up, we went to a state park and rented a cabin for four days every summer (which was super cheap back then and we cooked our own food) and took about a nine day trip to see family in another state. I recently learned that until dad moved up in his work, my parents saved all year for gas and food money to go see the family and often my grandpa gave dad some cash to help fund the trip home which allowed for the state park trips. And mom was working part time. Her money didn't pay for luxuries. Later, when she worked full time, her money paid for school tuition--middle school and high school then college. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I would love to see Lori go on wife swop with a homeschooling family of six. She wouldn’t make it a day. 

Needs more green eyeshadow!

It's been one of my fundie crossover family fantasies in which Lori either has to wife swap with a large fundie family or has to live with them for 30 days. 

In a scenario of Lori living with a large family for 30 days. She can only take clothes and toiletries to the home. No personal cash, debit, or credit cards. She has to live on the family's budget. If the family has to shop at mainstream grocery stores like Safeways or Krogers or discount places like Aldis, Lori has to tag along with the parent(s) who does the shopping and she has to see firsthand how they plan out what to buy based on their budget. Lori wouldn't be allowed to suggest items to them and we all know she'd suggest expensive items if she was allowed to. Lori wouldn't be happy living with a large family on a tight budget. No way she would be able to go without restaurant meals,expensive food, or other indulgences for 30 days. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

There was someone in the Trump administration who said people should “sell their iPhones and pay for health insurance,” and and a screed on FB by someone claiming to be a doctor who described a mother(whom was heavily implied to be African-American)with a hair weave/extensions, impeccably manicured nails, the latest smartphone, and Medicaid cards for her kids.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 8

Somehow I don't see Queen Lori flying coach or open seating airlines like the rest of us do when we travel.  Ken probably pays for First Class through frequent flyer points or regular fare rate.  The Queen cannot sit with the plebians in the back of the plane.  

The leghumpers are critical out of sheer jealousy.  I see it within my extended family.  There is a perception that all working women drive BMWs or $70K SUVs, that they buy all their clothes at Nieman Marcus, and they go to Disney World and stay in a Penthouse at the Grand Floridian or go to Bora Bora for their vacation.  

While I am ranting, let me just say that it irks me that the holier than thous talk about the evil of Disney but if they get free tickets, they are whirling away on the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups or flying on Space Mountain.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, smittykins said:

There was someone in the Trump administration who said people should “sell their iPhones and pay for health insurance,” and and a screed on FB by someone claiming to be a doctor who described a mother(whom was heavily implied to be African-American)with a hair weave/extensions, impeccably manicured nails, the latest smartphone, and Medicaid cards for her kids.

Selling my four year old iPhone wouldn't pay for one month's insurance premium. Good god. These people are utterly clueless. 

My nails used to be impeccably manicured all the time. I did it myself at home. Now I'm too lazy to bother, especially because I break them all the time working with younger kids. I do always have perfect pedicures. Also done myself at home. 

I currently have on an expensive looking Columbia fleece pullover. It was free. It was my dad's when he was sick with cancer and cold all the time. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 5

The same “doctor” judging an African American woman for having her hair done would judge her if it wasn’t done with a weave because that’s what type of people they are. There is literally no winning. They don’t know how harshly many African American women are judged for not having perfect hair. People were trying to complain about AOC spending three hundred for a cut and color. But if she didn’t get that cut and color they’d judge her for being “unkept and not taking care of herself”. It’s the reality of being a woman. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

It's a just a tiny tad much, but actually she looks soooooo much better with make-up.  She looks like she matches Ken's age. Also because it was a few years ago before she began looking haggard, anorexic and 75

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It's a just a tiny tad much, but actually she looks soooooo much better with make-up.  She looks like she matches Ken's age. Also because it was a few years ago before she began looking haggard, anorexic and 75

I’m not sure when the photo was taken, but here is the original. I plumped her face up a bit in the edited one. I thought it might irritate her. She’ll ignore the makeup and screech “I’m not that fat! I’m righteous!”

913AA929-A744-4136-A684-5B1732EB7AB8.jpeg

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

The same “doctor” judging an African American woman for having her hair done would judge her if it wasn’t done with a weave because that’s what type of people they are. There is literally no winning. They don’t know how harshly many African American women are judged for not having perfect hair. People were trying to complain about AOC spending three hundred for a cut and color. But if she didn’t get that cut and color they’d judge her for being “unkept and not taking care of herself”. It’s the reality of being a woman. 

And especially a woman of color.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

People were trying to complain about AOC spending three hundred for a cut and color. But if she didn’t get that cut and color they’d judge her for being “unkept and not taking care of herself”. It’s the reality of being a woman. 

A friend's daughter gets her hair done at the same place AOC does. A professional cut/color/etc ain't cheap. My new look cost me 200 bucks here in Vegas...and DC is more expensive. 

I may be sort of broke (living off savings) but I do the mani/pedi/wax at least once a month. It makes ME feel better. I have an IphoneX that is half paid off already. I got it when I was working...I was not expecting the life curveball I was thrown. 

Again, I'd LOVE to see Lori live my life...sorta broke, live in a 1300 sq ft townhouse, Emotionally barely getting by and I know it will go downhill this week...his funeral is this coming Thursday w/military honors. 

Speaking of...stepdaughter wants to know if there will be a "get together" after the funeral. Umm...probably not. I was crushed when they played "Taps" at my daddy's funeral (he was also a veteran), and honestly, I am going to be a blubbering lump of fat and hair when they play it this time. I mean, ugly cry, the whole bit. 

once again...thanks for the space for the word vomit....

• Love 29

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Somehow I don't see Queen Lori flying coach or open seating airlines like the rest of us do when we travel.  Ken probably pays for First Class through frequent flyer points or regular fare rate.  The Queen cannot sit with the plebians in the back of the plane.  

The leghumpers are critical out of sheer jealousy.  I see it within my extended family.  There is a perception that all working women drive BMWs or $70K SUVs, that they buy all their clothes at Nieman Marcus, and they go to Disney World and stay in a Penthouse at the Grand Floridian or go to Bora Bora for their vacation.  

While I am ranting, let me just say that it irks me that the holier than thous talk about the evil of Disney but if they get free tickets, they are whirling away on the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups or flying on Space Mountain.

This working woman and her husband are seeing Vince Gill in two weeks. That's our vacation and my birthday gift this year. 

I can't drive anymore, but our car is a 2016 CR-V that we bought this year. We had the car before that--a 2000 CR-V--for 16 years. My husband now uses it for his Lowe's stuff car/Saturday morning ramble. I don't even know where the nearest Nieman-Marcus is; Nordstrum in still in Louisville, I think. I've been in exactly once.

Never been to Disney World or Disneyland and don't intend to go.

As for the $14 butter, I need to start watching the Kroger ad. The butter we buy (Kroger brand or Land o'Lakes) goes on sale about this time of year and we stock up. We stock up on coffee, chicken and ground turkey when we go to Costco. We desperately need to make a Commissary run--is Ken a veteran? My husband has 28 years, honorably retired since 2011--and stock up.

I do splurge and get my nails done. I'm also getting purple dye in my hair next month. It doesn't cost me $300 but I'm not in DC. How much is one pair of Melania's stilettos?

One more thing, I don't know what sort of illness(es) Lori has but I have damage to my cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. I have four auto-immune disorders. For long distances, I need a wheelchair. I'm still working an average of 45 hours a week.

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

A friend's daughter gets her hair done at the same place AOC does. A professional cut/color/etc ain't cheap. My new look cost me 200 bucks here in Vegas...and DC is more expensive. 

I may be sort of broke (living off savings) but I do the mani/pedi/wax at least once a month. It makes ME feel better. I have an IphoneX that is half paid off already. I got it when I was working...I was not expecting the life curveball I was thrown. 

Again, I'd LOVE to see Lori live my life...sorta broke, live in a 1300 sq ft townhouse, Emotionally barely getting by and I know it will go downhill this week...his funeral is this coming Thursday w/military honors. 

Speaking of...stepdaughter wants to know if there will be a "get together" after the funeral. Umm...probably not. I was crushed when they played "Taps" at my daddy's funeral (he was also a veteran), and honestly, I am going to be a blubbering lump of fat and hair when they play it this time. I mean, ugly cry, the whole bit. 

once again...thanks for the space for the word vomit....

You've been in my thoughts. I'll keep you close on Thursday. Godspeed, Mr. Xtian.

Edited by sixcatatty
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

Feminists complain that they don't need a man, but many will take out college loans for a worthless degree, knowing that they will not be able to pay them back. I speak to plenty of college aged women near me while waiting in line at stores. I spoke with a feminist this week, and after I inquired about the meaning of a visible tattoo a feminist had on her leg, we briefly discussed her college major and future plans. Gender studies with no plans to pay off loans, wants to be a SJW activist. She said that she hopes to eventually settle down in her late 30's and find some guy to settle down with who will pay off her debt. Right now, she just wants to have fun. My brother says that men are waking up and refusing to get into relationships with women with a lot of student loan debt with no ability or goal to pay it off herself.

...and then everybody clapped.

What a load of bullshit.

• Upvote 19
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

On 10/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, Pammy said:

Totally off topic, but how exactly do you get someone to "update your look" when you don't have the foggiest idea what you want to look like?

Every time I try, people just want me to tell them how I want my hair done, which makeup I want to try, which clothes they can grab in my size... I'm like, "I already know how to buy the things that fit my frumpy-nothing-style! I want somebody who is actually stylish to tell me new ideas that might genuinely look good!" I want, like, a look consultant or something. I hate being 40. And I don't want to wear ripped jeans.

I went through the same phase as you when I turned 40. I thought I was too old to wear some clothes and too young for others. I didn’t know what was just right. I also felt like I was wearing what everyone else was wearing. I discovered Stitch Fix where a stylist chooses pieces for you.  They also send pictures of how to pair the pieces with things you may already own. It has been very helpful. It’s not an MLM so I will not be making anything for recruiting others. :)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 10/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, lilwriter85 said:

It bugs me whenever she talks about living in moderation. In the past she has pushed Tightwad's Gazette to people, but I doubt she even follows any of the tips in those books. 

There is one suggestion in the book where you save all of the plastic rings from your pop and beer cans. You use them to make a hammock for the backyard. Trying to picture Lori sitting on a self-made plastic ring hammock in Door County. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18

• Coconut Flan locked this topic