IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

12 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't know the collectors market in the US, but here you can get a nice few bucks for an older mercedes, esp when he is in good condition from collectors or old car lovers. Her story sounds more like she sold the car to a collector and in good, old Lori fashion, she spins her story to fit her.

We own a classic Mercedes like Lori's but ours is a few years older than hers was. We're also in CA. There is a market for older MB's but hers was an '83 or '84 if I remember correctly and those may have to be smogged which drives the collector value down significantly. Also, nobody wants them unless they have a turbo and judging from the way she talked about it, I'm guessing it didn't. The most she could get for it would be around $1200-1800. Plus, the model she had wasn't a popular body style so it might be even less than that. 

On another note. I offer Lori my genuine thanks. Because of her, I've been delving much deeper into the reasoning for my atheism. It began by looking into early religious mythology, science, and other theisms to have a better grasp of how a person like her came to spew such hate under the guise of religion. Somewhere along the way, I stopped trying to understand why people use religion in this way and began to understand just how deep my own personal disbelief goes. Better understanding has given me the confidence to completely let go of what never felt right to me. So thanks Lori, your ridiculous views helped push me into a total rejection of religion and spirituality. 

As always, I want to add that I only reject a god for myself. I don't believe in trying to remove religion for other people. I support anything that makes someone a better person, including religion. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

Lori doesn’t practice what she preaches because she has money and came from money. She became a stay at home mom by being deceitful. She had a nanny and a house keeper. She isn’t kind or understanding. 55BEB031-AF31-4A49-82A3-F624AB8C7421.thumb.jpeg.b7b48db41ab1238c22c1d75589fd6775.jpeg
@Ken gave you a house keeper and a nanny because you were in so much pain. You locked your kids in their room so you didn’t have to deal with them. 
what Lori doesn’t understand is being home full time doesn’t mean you don’t need help. My mom home schooled us during the day, which can be a full time job, on top of working part time in the weekends and taking care of the house. My dad worked two jobs and still helped out around the house. The great part of being a family is that everyone can help out. 

• Upvote 15

I like to imagine Lori writing these notes outs, making mistakes, cursing, crying, balling it up, starting a new one...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

On another note. I offer Lori my genuine thanks. Because of her, I've been delving much deeper into the reasoning for my atheism. It began by looking into early religious mythology, science, and other theisms to have a better grasp of how a person like her came to spew such hate under the guise of religion. 

Lori and her ilk did something similar for me, and I did a lot of similar research but came to a different conclusion than you did. I felt so strongly that these views were wrong that I couldn't rest until I justified to myself that they were not from the God I believe I know. I'm not trying to portray my experience as superior in any way, I just find it fascinating and wonderful how an ideology like that can inspire different people to look at the same things and yet come to radically different conclusions. The human mind is an amazing thing.

I'm also a little amused that in both our cases, she's had the opposite effect of what she intended. Suck it Lori, you old bag. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Feminists are unattractive.  Actually, the self-righteous, legalistic fundamentalists are the most unattractive because of the angry scowl they wear.  Yep, I'm looking at you Lori Alexander, as well as Zoo.  Get a decent haircut, use some conditioner, and find a brush.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori doesn’t practice what she preaches because she has money and came from money. She became a stay at home mom by being deceitful. She had a nanny and a house keeper. She isn’t kind or understanding. 55BEB031-AF31-4A49-82A3-F624AB8C7421.thumb.jpeg.b7b48db41ab1238c22c1d75589fd6775.jpeg
@Ken gave you a house keeper and a nanny because you were in so much pain. You locked your kids in their room so you didn’t have to deal with them. 
what Lori doesn’t understand is being home full time doesn’t mean you don’t need help. My mom home schooled us during the day, which can be a full time job, on top of working part time in the weekends and taking care of the house. My dad worked two jobs and still helped out around the house. The great part of being a family is that everyone can help out. 

It's always irritated me that Lori doesn't really own up to having a housekeeper/nanny.  Her fangirls didn't have a nanny holding their crying children for hours and they probably have to do all the cleaning.  I've said this several times before, but I think Lori was/is very lazy compared to most of the other fundie women we have discussed on FJ. 

• Upvote 10

Re Lori and her hair: Please be kind to us older folks. Gray hair in white people usually has a different texture from our pre-gray hair, and for lots of us, no amount of conditioner will improve that. I have thin, baby fine hair, and too much conditioner would weigh it down and make me look bald. 

Lori did want to stop coloring her hair, but Ken said no. (He doesn’t seem to be all that gray—someone correct me if I’m wrong—and probably doesn’t want a wife who looks noticeably older than he does.)

I agree, though—she’d benefit from a more flattering haircut.

• Upvote 14

@Hane - I apologize.  I have baby fine hair and know the trials of conditioner.  I was thinking more of the Rod girls and the UPC girls I see around here with their split ends on what could be healthy hair.  It's all part of that "look how holy and modest I am" culture that they use to bring attention to themselves.  

Lori's snipe that feminists make themselves unattractive is plain stupid.  Women make themselves attractive in all cultures.  She sticks to the stereotypical 1950's script for people.  In Lori Land, unless you are a SAHM and look like Donna Reed, you are unattractive.  I guess I would be slammed for having mermaid hair, or as one of her gallant male followers called it "Muppet hair."  

ETA: Squiddy, of course you're confused.  This is an example of Lori's spirograph logic.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Feminists are unattractive.  Actually, the self-righteous, legalistic fundamentalists are the most unattractive because of the angry scowl they wear.  Yep, I'm looking at you Lori Alexander, as well as Zoo.  Get a decent haircut, use some conditioner, and find a brush.

Wait, I thought we were slutty pants-wearing Jezebels that Ken no man can resist? :confusion-scratchheadblue: I'm confused now.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

It's not just that her grey hair has a different texture, it's that she admits to using cheap dye at home. 

Looking at the color it's obvious she over dyes her whole head every time, thus the ends are soooo much darker and rougher than the rest .  Not that all the hair isn't rough. 

Ken makes  more than enough money for her to go to the salon, have a keratin treatment, have a stylist properly color her hair ( roots only), give her a flattering cut, and suggest a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Plus , you know, advise her to brush her hair. Hair texture changes with age.  It's waaaay past time for Lori to move away from the style she wore when she met Ken (compare the photos).  She doesn't have to go short, but just update her look.

Look at her picture on FB,(left corner) then compare it to her "you tubes." No one's hair or physical condition should alter that drastically in 3-4 years. Is it illness? Not eating enough calories, vitamins. minerals and good fats? Cheap dye/ shampoo/ no conditioner? Extreme bed head? Whatever it is she needs to stop, and if her daughter/DILs care for her at all they'd suggest a group salon day.

18 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Wait, I thought we were slutty pants-wearing Jezebels that Ken no man can resist? :confusion-scratchheadblue: I'm confused now.

We're unattractive and slutty.

And because we're slutty no man can resist jumping our bones.  Probably because they aren't getting it in the middle of the night when their wives say no. Remember we women exits for men to have sex with us.  it doesn't matter how we look, it only matters that we have the right equipment from the waist down.  And that we give it up on command 

And really, seriously, do you think any of Lori's male leghumpers actually look their wives in the face during "intimacy?" Aw hell to the N. O. They climb on, get off, and 5 minutes later roll off and go to sleep.  No looking needed or required. They are, after all, men and excused from being considerate.  

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 14

@Red Hair, Black Dress, but going to a salon would mean Lori would have to sit listening to Sinful Talk or, worse, have the women there tell her she’s full of $#!+ when she goes off on one of her harangues. No—better to stay home and blather into her echo chamber.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@Red Hair, Black Dress, but going to a salon would mean Lori would have to sit listening to Sinful Talk or, worse, have the women there tell her she’s full of $#!+ when she goes off on one of her harangues. No—better to stay home and blather into her echo chamber.

Oh to be in the salon with her...When I got my hair done after Mr. Xtian died, I went all out! She used, no shit, 4 different colors, cut 7 inches off my hair, I look like a million bucks! She'd have a fucking field day with me...I"m a widow who should be depending on the church to take care of me, and shouldn't be spending all that money on my hair...

I have 2 words for you Ms. Alexander...the second one is YOU!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 17

Totally off topic, but how exactly do you get someone to "update your look" when you don't have the foggiest idea what you want to look like?

Every time I try, people just want me to tell them how I want my hair done, which makeup I want to try, which clothes they can grab in my size... I'm like, "I already know how to buy the things that fit my frumpy-nothing-style! I want somebody who is actually stylish to tell me new ideas that might genuinely look good!" I want, like, a look consultant or something. I hate being 40. And I don't want to wear ripped jeans.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

Some dept stores have look consultants.  Do you have a stylish friend/ relative who can help you?  If you see a stylish woman, ask her where she shops/ gets her hair done. Check out Pinterest for ideas for hair and clothes.  Search  You Tube for videos.  A good hair stylist can offer suggestions and a salon usually has tons of hairstyle magazines. Go to a wig shop and try on different colors and styles.

Sometimes it's not a radical change, but a slightly refreshed new hair color/ highlights and a trim or a few inches off.  Try on clothes in colors  and styles you don't normally wear, Get properly measured for your true clothing size (too large/long can look frumpy).  A new properly fitted bra can do wonders -- get fitted, most women are wearing the wrong size.

There are lots of styles for 40 besides ripped jeans. Slight boot cut/ dark wash is your friend. Not Your Daughter's Jeans is a good brand. Chico's has interesting separates. Unless there is a reason double knit polyester and elastic waists don't look good on anyone.  Try trousers in ponte knit. Decide what neckline looks best on you -- shirt collar, crew neck shell, split neck, surplice, wrap front, etc. etc.  I suggest trying things on at Goodwill to get a sense.

If you live near a good consignment shop, ask one of the women there to help you.  Tell her you need a change but have absolutely no idea what looks good on you.  Try on everything -- even if it's something you think you'll hate -- you never know.

Get a make-over -- tell the artist you want an easy, modern, non-frumpy look without using 11 zillion products.  If you don't like it wash it off. and try again somewhere else.

Do you have any photos of a time when you liked your style?  Use those as a guide when consulting with others on an update.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I had some drama lately...and there ain't nothing like a fresh 'do' to cheer a girl up.

I'm 49 in January and that day after I got this hair done I took it to a three-day music festival where I slept in a tent, smoked pot and ... well, did a few other things ???

Fuck Lori and her bullshit; she wouldn't know fun it came up to her, shook hands and introduced itself.

43AED11E-1553-4551-9FD5-8F2C9C26A36E.jpeg

Edited by IrishCarrie
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 25

IrishCarrie I love it.  I don’t have as much blue and mine is fading. I’m 60 and living experimenting with hair colors.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

I'm 'guilty' of using cheap dye at home, too, but I don't use the permanent kind. I use the stuff that slowly sort of fades out after about a month, and then I don't re-dye it for another month or so because I'm lazy and forgetful. LOL. I also keep my hair super short--I know, feminist Jezebel, right? Or something like that.--so I'm constantly getting the ends  cut off before they get all dried out and straw-like. I'm going grey around the edges, so the dye doesn't hold as long in those spots, but my hair's condition is actually better when I dye it than when I don't. The stuff comes with a tube of awesome-smelling conditioner,  and I use it religiously the first few days after I dye my hair, and then every couple of days after that. 

I know everyone's hair is different, but still, if Lori's cheap home hair dye is what's causing her problem, I'd be willing to bet she's probably doing something very wrong with it. :think:

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

@Hane - I apologize.  I have baby fine hair and know the trials of conditioner.

I cannot recommend Function of Beauty customizable products enough.  My fine hair is so amazing with their shampoo and conditioner!

• Thank You 3

IrishCarrie -- that hair rocks!  It looks gorgeous.  I want to put a few mermaid blue green streaks in mine, but alas my workplace specifically forbids color like that.  It's in the code of conduct we all have to sign.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

I had some drama lately...and there ain't nothing like a fresh 'do' to cheer a girl up.

I'm 49 in January and that day after I got this hair done I took it to a three-day music festival where I slept in a tent, smoked pot and ... well, did a few other things ???

Fuck Lori and her bullshit; she wouldn't know fun it came up to her, shook hands and introduced itself.

43AED11E-1553-4551-9FD5-8F2C9C26A36E.jpeg

I am 40 years old and I finally decided that I was allowed to grow my hair out, despite my mom's hatred of long hair.  It's ridiculous that it took me that long, but my hair is halfway down my back now and I love it.  This is where I plug Function of Beauty's customizable shampoo and conditioner again.  My hair is so soft!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

The braying jackasses post again...

1) Deanna Tullison WOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEE SLAYING THE SWORD!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHEHEHHEEHEHEHHE

2) Severine pipes up on another post bragging about her Southern ancestors.  That annoys me as a southern woman because mine didn't have decendents that are racists and I don't want my ancestors in any category with hers. 

Lori, once again, yearning for the times of our grandparents and great-grandparents.  Good times in the depression.  My paternal grandmother struggled to survive, with 6 of 11 children under the age of 15 and a husband dying of a brain tumor.  After he died she went to work cooking in a school cafeteria to house and feed her children because they lived in coal mine company housing.  On my mother's side, my great-grandfather gave away food from his grocery and mortgaged property to help anyone, no matter what their color, have a meal.  

I would love to see Lori do one load of laundry on a washboard, churn one pound of butter, and get one cup of milk from a cow.  She probably doesn't even know which end of the cow to start with.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Hane said:

I could totally see Lori having that kind of attitude regarding salons. Also, there is a good chance if Lori went to a salon for coloring, the stylist might be a working mom. That probably would bug Lori. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Also, there is a good chance if Lori went to a salon for coloring, the stylist might be a working mom. That probably would bug Lori. 

Or maybe a person who is LGBTQ. Imagine the vapors she might have if she were expected to let a transgender woman near her. I wouldn't wish Lori on anyone these days. Except maybe the Pearls!

• Upvote 15

I feel like I’ve read before that she uses at home henna dye because it’s natural. But from what I heard, if not used correctly it can damage the hair. But I’m not an expert and not interested enough to research it. 

I would like to do crazy colors once in my life but my current supervisor doesn’t allow it. The overall system I work for does but it’s manager’s discretion. But we can have tattoos so I’ll survive. I plan on getting one soonish. 

Finding my style involved a lot of risk taking and Pinterest. It was in Pinterest I discovered the long bob I currently wear. I’m plus sized so I really worked hard on developing a stylish wardrobe. I’ve found a dark wash pair of slimmer jeans does wonders for most people. But comfort is a huge priority for me. I wear biking shorts or yoga pants underneath all my skirts and dresses (you can’t see them of course). It’s like wearing pjs at work and I avoid chub rub. But really I saw the velvet, magenta midi skirt and took a risk and bought it. It’s now a staple piece in my wardrobe. Fashion is about exploration. I find target is a good place to start. It’s a good place to find starting basics like jeans and shirts. I like Old Navy too. It’s a bit basic but building a foundation is more important than having a bunch of cool statement pieces you can never wear. 

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic