IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

On 10/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, louisa05 said:

Today I learned that autism is a conspiracy of genetic engineering that will generate taxes for the evil government and that the goal of feminism is to have no reproduction or reproduction by the government that takes place in test tubes. Or some such nonsense. 

Where did she post this about autism?

@Curious, your post brought to mind the last time I visited my sister.  As you may know, my sister has glioblastoma, the most severe type of brain cancer.  (It's the type of cancer that killed John McCain, Ted Kennedy and Beau Biden.)  They don't talk about glioblastoma patients being cured, but talk in terms of survivorship.  The average survival time post diagnosis in 13 months and my sister is coming up on three years.  I don't know what stage my sister is in currently, but she'd had several falls and is now in a wheelchair, perhaps permanently.  Her husband has to do all the cooking, housekeeping and helping her to bathe and go to the bathroom.  When I was talking to my sister, she mentioned their wedding vows.  "For better, for worse. In sickness and in health".  You and my sister are in marriages where those vows are taken seriously.   Not so Lori.  She could hardly take the time to visit Ken in the hospital when he was so seriously ill this summer.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 17

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

And, of course don't forget all those Grimm Brothers fairy tales we were read to at bedtime about wolves eating grandmothers, and witches cooking kids in their ovens.

And they were the sanitized versions!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 10/15/2019 at 8:27 PM, usmcmom said:

My theory for Lori’s Kanye post? She showed her true racist self on Twitter yesterday and wants people to see that she’s not racist. 

She’s not. 

Seriously, NOT RACIST. 

She just held a Black man up as a Godly example, you guys!!

She is totally not a racist! Heh  

She’ll tell us about her black friend next! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fransalley said:

Where did she post this about autism?

It was a commenter on Facebook. One of the posts about evil feminism. 

• Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And they were the sanitized versions!

Yes, even they were kinda toned down a little. The brutality is the reason in hated fairy takes as a child. The stories seemed so gruesome I didn’t enjoy them at all and my parents didn’t read them to me. When they did on occasion, I often felt I needed to rewrite them and think of different lines of events. In hindsight, I’m aware that was my coping mechanism and possibly a sign of OCD, but at the time, it seemed reasonable to me. 

The result is that I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to these classic stories. What I did (and still do) love are the sagas of Hellenistic Greece. Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey are my favorite stories and I could read about Agamemnon and Hector and all these guys all day long lol... Yes, there are lots of wars, abductions, angry Gods and even rape, but I never felt too bothered cause it all seemed less graphic to me. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Someone on Instagram found it odd that Lori praised the Berenstain Bears book in one breath, and criticized it in the next.  She asked Lori why she read it to her grandchildren if she objects to it.

Lori?  Well, she did what she usually did when she's caught contradicting herself.  She deleted the comment.

99428618_Go2.PNG.a43318b4dc7fd9933914d72c1645a29b.PNG

Now, she's had time to come up with a back story.  It's...interesting, and AGAIN reflects very poorly on Lori's children/children's spouses that they continue to allow her to be around their children.

read.PNG.98f6039d015087d8839cbb6f21c4389f.PNG971279407_read1.PNG.00a3e25324afaf019abb1b46bf34b2d8.PNG

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 10
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

Someone on Instagram found it odd that Lori praised the Berenstain Bears book in one breath, and criticized it in the next.  She asked Lori why she read it to her grandchildren if she objects to it.

Lori?  Well, she did what she usually did when she's caught contradicting herself.  She deleted the comment.

99428618_Go2.PNG.a43318b4dc7fd9933914d72c1645a29b.PNG

Now, she's had time to come up with a back story.  It's...interesting, and AGAIN reflects very poorly on Lori's children/children's spouses that they continue to allow her to be around their children.

read.PNG.98f6039d015087d8839cbb6f21c4389f.PNG971279407_read1.PNG.00a3e25324afaf019abb1b46bf34b2d8.PNG

That picture of Lori. I can't even. Her expression is the perfect illustration for your post. :pb_lol:

You know, someday, sooner rather than later, one of Lori's grandchildren will be bored and pick up that old copy of The Berenstain Bears, flip through it, and because they now know how to read, will suddenly notice it's a little different than they recall from when Granny used to read it to them. I wonder how she'll spin lie 'splain that to them?:think:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

You know, someday, sooner rather than later, one of Lori's grandchildren will be bored and pick up that old copy of The Berenstain Bears, flip through it, and because they now know how to read, will suddenly notice it's a little different than they recall from when Granny used to read it to them. I wonder how she'll spin lie 'splain that to them?

By the time they are old enough to read, they will be too intimidated by the strap, the snake, and afraid of being forced to eat slime salad to ever ever question Grandma.   No worries!  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 6

Well I’m glad I grabbed a screenshot before Lori deleted the question.  

Her explanation makes her sound like a six-year-old trying to wiggle out of a lie. 

047BCA3D-ECA3-4FCF-9DE3-70125CBB2D6C.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

25 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

By the time they are old enough to read, they will be too intimidated by the strap, the snake, and afraid of being forced to eat slime salad to ever ever question Grandma.   No worries!  

Whew, what a relief!

Those poor kids. :(

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

Oh hell.  I'm around Lori's age, and we kids also recited Ring Around the Rosie, which I learned later was about the plague, and London Bridge is Falling Down, which might have been about a Viking attack, or about human sacrifice (apparently no one is sure)!! 

And, of course don't forget all those Grimm Brothers fairy tales we were read to at bedtime about wolves eating grandmothers, and witches cooking kids in their ovens.

But, yes Lori, let's take our life lessons from those sweet, innocent little nursery rhymes.

I never knew that about Ring Around the Rosie!!

And I love the Brothers Grimm. I have a compilation of their work that was given to me by an aunt and her second husband. It has an embossed marking identifying it as part of their library collection. They had a vast personal library and now that they are deceased, it is especially meaningful. She had given me another book- a small book- and somehow that was misplaced in the move- I’m not sure where it could be unless it was somehow included in a goodwill box. 

• Upvote 5

The Bontragers also do not allow their children to read the BB...They think that Papa Bear is not portrayed as the leader of their home...and for more fun did you know that I as a Democrat am busy shutting down churches, her blog and harvesting organs from babies? Me neither!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

One of the nutjobs commenting on Lori 's "read but don't read" post, waxes poetic about the good old days when men were men and strong providers/ protectors and women were feminine, gentle and stay at home housewives. 

And when you ask was this magical golden time when all was right with the world and everyone knew their gender-defined place?  The 1970s -- the decade when the nutjob was born.

Is the nutjob effing kidding -- the 1970s!!??!!  Cheese n'rice Lori's leghumpers are stupid.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

The 70's?  Excellent example. Mom started 1970 being stuck with a kid and no child support.  By 1979, she had a Masters' degree and a small house.  She did it by working, going to night school, and for damn sure not staying in any "place" in life that was not of her choosing.  See, Lori and her minions are stuck.  For whatever reasons they'll never be anything more than what they are now.  Lazy? Socially inept?  Nooooo.  Hell, Lori can't even cook a decent meal.  Slap a label of "godly" and it covers a multitude of shortcomings doesn't it Lor?

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

So Lori is okay lying to her grandchildren? I mean sure my dad would “read” a book and say different lines, maybe make it a bit more morbid  (I think that’s where my darker sense of humor comes from) but I knew that’s what he was doing. It was obviously for fun. But outright pretending that a book says something different and not letting them know? I feel like that’s lying. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, kpmom said:

Oh hell.  I'm around Lori's age, and we kids also recited Ring Around the Rosie, which I learned later was about the plague, and London Bridge is Falling Down, which might have been about a Viking attack, or about human sacrifice (apparently no one is sure)!! 

Ring around the rosie is probably a myth...(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_a_Ring_o'_Roses)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Lori is a twit.  There are very few things that genetic males can do, but not females.  And those generally involve being the owner of a penis.  Like easily peeing outside.  Or providing sperm to fertilize an egg.  I honestly can't think of any others.  However, Lori thinks the world should be limited in the ways she approves of.  Fortunately it is not!

• Upvote 15

Hey, Lori, did you know the cow jumped over the moon.  It's a nursery rhyme, so it must be true.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

I know @Sarah92 got there first, but I just can't help make the comparison...99428618_Go2.PNG.a43318b4dc7fd9933914d72c1645a29b.PNG

48E8B568-9A78-4E41-976E-E49CFC391E97.thumb.jpeg.f91e3c88535042ba3ad5b6981e345079.jpeg

• Haha 25
  • Love 3

In today’s episode of “The Book That Shall Not Be Named,” Lori’s Facebook followers ask for the title of said book. When someone is kind enough to answer their question with...you know...the title, LORI DELETES IT! This is just so amazing. I feel like I’m watching an undisciplined child hold a room full of adults hostage by saying “What’s the password.”

699BB4B7-FAB1-435B-98D7-B03238E0AB83.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

There are very few things that genetic males can do, but not females.  And those generally involve being the owner of a penis.  Like easily peeing outside.  Or providing sperm to fertilize an egg.  I honestly can't think of any others. 

Female impersonator?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Re books for kids that one doesn’t entirely agree with:

When mine were little, they enjoyed The Hardy Boys. I did too, except for the sexism. Hoo-boy, lots of sexism! I didn’t want to get rid of the books entirely, but I wanted to be sure my kids were aware of the problematic aspects. So, every time a woman/girl was defaulted to cooking or cleaning or excluded from action or thinking, for example, everyone ate a marshmallow. It was like a drinking game, but with sweets. It honed their radar for sexism, that’s for sure!

Re being “at home”:

The “just work from home!” solution is absurd. Work requires attention. Kids, ideally, should also have attention. If you’re “at home” with them but ignoring them, what’s the point? (I’m not suggesting that kids of every age need attention every second, but long-term “working while looking after preschoolers” compromises both the work and the parenting. And if you’re supposed to be homeschooling, well...!)

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

On 10/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, SongRed7 said:

He's a man and he's putting down immodest women. Two of Lori's favorite topics. 

You are talking about Kanye West right?!?!   The man who is married to Kim Kardashian?!?!   HE is putting down immodest women?!?!

Did he start with his wife?   In my reality, a sex tape and a million pictures of your ass are not modest.

(I don't gaf what Kim K does.  Show your ass as much as you want.  You do you.  It's the hypocrisy that kills me.  Kind of like Melania and her anti-bullying campaign)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic