IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

14 hours ago, rayneflower said:

Lori has gotten out of control. The fact that she is going back on her own words, saying she and Ken wouldn't have made it one way but then saying that she's 'loved' being married? 

She seems very open about no birth control, but then OPENLY admits she sabotaged her own birth control. 

Oh I'm SURE Lori has always "loved" being married. It's probably the only thing she's ever loved, other than maybe "going viral". Being married gave her a walking ATM who provided for her needs and wants, and after she lied and tricked him by sabotaging her birth control, she got to stay home and lie on the couch while the nanny cared for the baby and the housekeeper did the cleaning. All she had to give up in return was 10 minutes and some lube once in a while - she didn't even attempt to make meals he (or the children) would actually like and eat. 

And now, later in life, being married has given her a sort of authority (in her own mind) to dole out advice (terrible advice, TBH) to younger women. 

Lori lucked out that she found a decent (to her, anyway) man when Ken checked off all the boxes on her "husband" checklist. He lets her do whatever she wants, and he hands her enough cash to live the way she wants, without apparently bothering her all that much. She can't see past her own nose, however, so doesn't realize that other women didn't get that lucky.

• Upvote 16

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Oh I'm SURE Lori has always "loved" being married. It's probably the only thing she's ever loved, other than maybe "going viral". Being married gave her a walking ATM who provided for her needs and wants, and after she lied and tricked him by sabotaging her birth control, she got to stay home and lie on the couch while the nanny cared for the baby and the housekeeper did the cleaning. All she had to give up in return was 10 minutes and some lube once in a while - she didn't even attempt to make meals he (or the children) would actually like and eat. 

And now, later in life, being married has given her a sort of authority (in her own mind) to dole out advice (terrible advice, TBH) to younger women. 

Lori lucked out that she found a decent (to her, anyway) man when Ken checked off all the boxes on her "husband" checklist. He lets her do whatever she wants, and he hands her enough cash to live the way she wants, without apparently bothering her all that much. She can't see past her own nose, however, so doesn't realize that other women didn't get that lucky.

That’s an excellent description of Lori’s life, @Alisamer! What a sad, meaningless, wasted life she actually lives when we think about it... I don’t feel an ounce of sympathy for her because of the pain she inflicts, but her life must be so empty. 

• Upvote 12

@KDA also, im not sure if it was the same woman (there is a poster KAK and a poster KRK or something like that) but it may be the same one who said she had never had an orgasm and her husband wouldn't find it appropriate. 

• Sad 4
  • WTF 5

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Oh great. Marry 'em young today.  Waiting for Vaughn Oldman or whatever that dudes name is to weigh in.  Can I hear 13? 14?

Vaughn Ohlman: "Not by dating or courting certainly.'

That's the only thing he's posted so far. I'm not sure what he means. I'm pretty sure he doesn't approve of dating, but is courting in the fundie sense out as well? Is he saying young women should only marry a man their parents picked out for them? I suppose I should dive into his FB page and find out more, but frankly, he kind of nauseates me. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Vaughn Ohlman: "Not by dating or courting certainly.'

That's the only thing he's posted so far. I'm not sure what he means. I'm pretty sure he doesn't approve of dating, but is courting in the fundie sense out as well? Is he saying young women should only marry a man their parents picked out for them? I suppose I should dive into his FB page and find out more, but frankly, he kind of nauseates me. ?

Hasn't he said before that a woman's consent for marriage isn't needed, that her father has pretty much absolute authority to sell her into sexual slavery give her to whatever man he chooses?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else?  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

10 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Hasn't he said before that a woman's consent for marriage isn't needed, that her father has pretty much absolute authority to sell her into sexual slavery give her to whatever man he chooses?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else?  

I think you're right, that rings a bell.  

Okay, so I just now googled Ohlman, and found this:

"Girls are like apples on trees. Their fathers are the farmers, whose job is to care for them. He must protect his apples from pests and disease. He must guard them against thieves who may pick his apples prematurely. Neither those at the top nor those at the bottom can help their location. But, when each reaches peak ripeness, it is the farmer’s job to harvest that fruit and give it to whom he will, to those in need. So there is nothing wrong with the apples still on the tree and nothing wrong with the boys who seek them. But it is the farmer’s duty to provide for both, in due season.”

The above is from a blog article denouncing Ohlman and his beliefs.  https://rcwilkinson.com/2019/05/11/vaughn-ohlman-girls-are-like-apples/   The article quotes a story Ohlman's daughter in law tells about how she married Ohlman's son--TWO HOURS after they first met, a meeting which was of course orchestrated by both her father and his. At least she was 19. But apparently Ohlman believes that girls are ready for marriage as soon as they develop breasts.

If that were actually true, I'd have been 'ready' at age 11.:blink:

• Angry 3
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

Everything Lori espouses is sick and perverted IMHO.  I found this old blog posts:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-twisted-and-perverted-idea-of-love.html

There are many more in the same vein. So in one breath you don't even have to love or like the one you are married as long as they "tick the boxes" but then you do have to give him lots of sex and preferably from an early age now.  This whole thing is just SICK.  TWISTED and SICK.  How do people live like this?  It would be soul sucking to me. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Jonanthan's comments on Lori's blog.  Shit happens in life Jonathan. You could become ill or disabled and you might not ever return to work. Your future wife or kids could get a serious illness and you might not be able to comfortably provide for a family if there are other circumstances. 

Johnathan C Cervantes says:

November 6, 2019 at 8:11 am

The main reasons a younger age appeals to me are exactly what many of y’all stated. It’s easier for her to see me as the leader and for me to lead.

I’m not against a woman going to college or working outside the home. However, not having already pursued these makes her more dependent on me as the provider and I appreciate that.

I want to provide and I am easily capable. God blesses me with a stable, good paying job in the military. Plus, I have an extra part-time job. And, this was in pursuit of my engineering degree, which I could still use to make more later on. Or, I could simply make the military a full career if I needed. I already make more now than my father ever did and he had to raise a family of 4.

Also, I’m very good with finances and budgeting. Though, I would want her to be well informed.

My own father actually handled the finances, but never taught mom. When he was I’ll, my mother basically had to teach herself to help keep our family afloat. Not good. My wife needs to be informed and capable.

• Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Jonanthan's comments on Lori's blog.  Shit happens in life Jonathan. You could become ill or disabled and you might not ever return to work. Your future wife or kids could get a serious illness and you might not be able to comfortably provide for a family if there are other circumstances. 

Dear Jonathan's comment read like an advertisement. Hey gals, I have a good, stable income and if you educated it's cool, so you can pick up the slack if I should no longer can. As long as you are nice and submissive and godly of course, without tattoos, debt's and be unsullied.

20 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I think you're right, that rings a bell.  

Okay, so I just now googled Ohlman, and found this:

The above is from a blog article denouncing Ohlman and his beliefs.  https://rcwilkinson.com/2019/05/11/vaughn-ohlman-girls-are-like-apples/   The article quotes a story Ohlman's daughter in law tells about how she married Ohlman's son--TWO HOURS after they first met, a meeting which was of course orchestrated by both her father and his. At least she was 19. But apparently Ohlman believes that girls are ready for marriage as soon as they develop breasts.

She was 19, but I don't think she was able to fully consent to this, because I can only imagine someone like Vince Ohlman being the other father und fine with this. What a fucked up shit that is.

And if breastsize makes me ready, I was 12 when I ran from nothing to almost the size I have now (38 G).

• Upvote 10

My grandma married in 1944 at the age of 23. That wasn’t the norm. Most did marry young so my grandma was technically an old maid for the time. She waited until she met the right person. My grandma also had been working since she dropped out of school in the 8th grade. She went on to have four kids. Her only son died after being a few days old. My moms younger sister married young, 19. Her husband left her after two years saying he never loved her. My moms older sister was 20 when she married and has been married for 50 years. My mom didn’t marry until she was 29. She got saved when she was 24 and waited for god to send her the right man, if he had one for her. Marrying young doesn’t always work out. Paul says it is better to not marry unless you can’t control your urges. Marriage, in the biblical way, isn’t something to take lightly. God expects men to love their wives like God loves to church. The biblical god loved people so much he sent his son to die for them. How many of Lori’s leghumpers would die for their spouses? If I had to guess I’d say none or very few. Most of them can’t even go without sex. 
I didn’t have large breast until high school but I started my period at 11. Nowhere near ready to have kids. I was still being taught right from wrong. So sick.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Vaughn Ohlman was the one who had to cancel a marry them young camp-type meet-up to arrange marriage event.  The camp found out about his underage without-consent advocacy and told him they weren't welcome.  He then had to take down his website with the most abhorrent content of his views because he had been discovered and been reports for advocating a form of pedophilia.

I think he doesn't even believe in legal/state sanctioned marriage - and is against getting marriage certificates and such; (so there can be no divorce/no legal documentation/support of a "wife" who grows old enough to leave.  So of course the woman's (or girl's at the ages he's advocating) consent isn't needed in his paradigm. 

Lori is seems to delight in advocating both rape and rape culture.  She obviously doesn't care about consent - when she giggles about poking a hole in her diaphragm and deceiving her husband.  She obviously didn't care about Ken's consent. Lori is god of her own world/paradigm - so no consent is needed - just what Lori says is "right".

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Ah yes, the borderline, if not outright, pedo-style rambler obsessed with young breasts.  Creepy old guy!  

• Upvote 11

My parents followed this design, not because of religion but because that's when they met.  He was 40, she was 24.  If he hadn't made it off the OR table when he was 50, my mother would have had to raise 2 young girls alone.  As it was they had to move back to her family land because he became totally disabled, unable to hold any type of job.  

It was just life that landed him in that hospital....just plain old way of life.  I know there are thousands of young couples who do well and stay married for years, but there are thousands who end up widowed or financially distressed so badly they are the epitome of poverty.  

One commenter asked why a woman would waste her time, intelligence, worth, and purpose by going to university.  WTactualF.  Education is never a waste, no matter how expensive it is.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

One commenter asked why a woman would waste her time, intelligence, worth, and purpose by going to university.  WTactualF.  Education is never a waste, no matter how expensive it is.  

But why should she waste all these good qualities to fully submite to an insecure, despotic manchild with delusions of grandeur? And now, two X chromosomes is not the answer

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

When they marry off the sister-mom's young, that creates a whole in God's Perfect Plan for them to pass the youngs on to the older ones.  Could you see if Lori's parents had followed the quiverfull philosophy?  She might have ended up a sister-mom instead of a spoiled princess.  Oh, if only Karma had intervened 62 years ago.

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

When they marry off the sister-mom's young, that creates a whole in God's Perfect Plan for them to pass the youngs on to the older ones.  Could you see if Lori's parents had followed the quiverfull philosophy?  She might have ended up a sister-mom instead of a spoiled princess.  Oh, if only Karma had intervened 62 years ago.

Yeah, I don't think she would have been happy as a sister mom. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I don't think ANYONE would have been happy with Lori as a sister mom.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

26 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Hell...Lori wasn't even a good sister- sister. She's admitted as much in several of her ALways Learning blog post.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Hell...Lori wasn't even a good sister- sister. She's admitted as much in several of her ALways Learning blog post.

I remember posts about how she bossed them around. I think she would have been like one of my mom's older sisters. My mother was the youngest of 8 kids and this particular sister had the reputation of being very bossy and one of my uncles always had some resentment towards her. 

• Upvote 7

A little few for all the men/Lori humpers who claim "a few decades ago . . . " 

Whatever happened to just being decent human beings? I guess "Christians" can't be bothered because the letter of the law tells them x y and z 

Lori's recent post makes me sick. Marrying off teenagers without them having an "affection" towards their husbands -- basically Taliban behavior. 

• Upvote 13

I didn’t get into my first serious relationship until I was 25. He is the guy I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. If I had started dating him earlier I don’t think it would have lasted. I needed time to find myself and figure out who I was and what I believed. Nothing wrong with that at all. Marriage is nothing to take lightly. And not everyone finds “the one” when they are young. At 17 I was working, going to high school, and taking care of the house and my dying dad while my mom worked two jobs. 

sorry but if I was single, I’m 30, and couldn’t find any good men or women I’d be okay. I was content with being single when I started spending time with my current BF. Had zero plans to marry. For people who claim to be Christian they sure don’t act like it. Beauty is only skin deep and looks change. That’s why you don’t marry someone for how their body looks now. 

9993CF70-3C68-4421-A286-162B398D6B0C.thumb.jpeg.67a83fd7504746052f7a3963baca8978.jpeg

Spoiler

A0DA4F1E-1697-45FE-8F28-ACCB91E4D1A8.thumb.jpeg.921ecc36751d8611cf392e0a5063133d.jpeg94AB1B50-9CE6-461E-ADAE-1BF1C1C5C7EB.thumb.jpeg.10fb8a7254f2b4aeb429f02a65e8cd23.jpeg

Sorry but no one at 14 should be getting married. They are still in fucking school. Sick ass holes! We have a fucking legal age for a reason. Science says brains aren’t fully developed until 21 plus. So why in the fuck would we allow someone who isn’t fully developed to marry? Sick fuckers! 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

And which of Lori and Ken's children got married in their teens? Oh, none? Hmmm...

More f*cking "do as I say not as I do" from those two imbeciles. 

Also, teen marriage prior to 18 or 19 has never been the norm in the last 100 years. This link shows median age at first marriage broken down by sex from 1890-2010.

https://www.infoplease.com/us/marital-status/median-age-first-marriage-1890-2010

The median age has never been below 20.3 for either sex. That was women in 1950 and most social historians attribute that to the strong post-war economy which also contributed to the baby boom occurring at the same time. In a strong economy, people can settle down, buy homes sooner and support more children. 

One commenter insisted marriage at 17 or 18 was common "a few decades ago". Interpreting "a few" as 3 decades thus 30 years and that's 1989. Median age at first marriage for men in 1990 was 26.1 and for women 23.9. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My grandma married in 1944 at the age of 23. That wasn’t the norm. Most did marry young so my grandma was technically an old maid for the time.

My grandparents had to wait to get married until they were both 22 in 1945.  Because, you know, of the WAR and all.  But Lori scoffs at such circumstances.

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I didn’t get into my first serious relationship until I was 25. He is the guy I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. If I had started dating him earlier I don’t think it would have lasted. 

When I met my ex husband it was love at first sight for both of us.  I was 22 and he was 23.  Unfortunately I let a lot of his shitty behavior go because I was so sure he was "The One."  I wish I hadn't tried to hard to make that relationship work because it was toxic.  Even at 22 I was young and naïve.  I can't imagine how much stupider I would have been if we had met in our teens.  Yikes!

• Upvote 9

On 11/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, KDA said:

But nope, she replied that she is still getting 5-7 corrections every day and feels like a bad wife. 

Why do these women even bother? Seriously, 29 years of putting up with that shit and I'd be kicking his sorry ass to the kerb. She's given him 29 years of devotion and he's still not happy?

How could he find that many things to suggest? Taking the average -- six per day, that's over 63,000 things he has "corrected."

I mean, clearly, he just makes shit up to torture her -- it's not like she's really doing so many things he doesn't like. But even so, if she takes the suggestions and changes for him, how does he continuously come up with new criticisms?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Shakespeare also wrote a whole play on how idiotic it is to get married at 14 ... don’t think anyone was advocating for It back then either (unless you were super rich/royalty and needed a political alliance — normal peasant folk were not getting married that young plus the age of menarche was way older due to poor nutrition!) 

Also any ADULT year old who thinks it’s ok to marry a 14 year old is sick. What’s he going to do, drive her around places? Make sure she does her homework? Help her learn how to use pads & tampons? Teach her math? Buy her first bra? Teach her how to shave her legs? When she has a baby, how is she even going to take care of it ... she still needs 10 hours of sleep and a bedtime! 

I 100% guarantee Ken wouldn’t have allowed his little girls to get married at 14, whether it was to a 24 year old or a 15 year old. What demonic hypocrites. 

It’s pedophilia plain and simple. 

edit: just look at a freshman in HS class. Most girls don’t have “natural beauty” yet. They have braces, acne, and are either stick thin prepubescent or still have baby fat. A few might blossom early, but that is NOT the norm. 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic