IGNORED

Lori Alexander 72: Lori Quit Church?

As usual, she irked me today.  I can only respond to her Twitter posts.  Here's what I threw at her today.  I'll probably be banned. 

My father, a minister for 50 years, brought more people to Christ than you ever will. As a young Christian, he sat under a woman teacher who was mightily anointed of God. I feel no anointing from you. You use the word "calling" not anointed. Many are called but few are chosen.

Part 2 - your "calling" was from Debi Pearl. You weren't convicted by God's word to change your ways. I know you don't believe in the OT but read Ezekiel 36:26. You still have a heart of stone.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 10

When my kids were in middle school, my daughter often tried to pick a fight with her big brother. She’d come up with the most ridiculous things to say, hoping to provoke him. She was twelve. 

Lori’s recent tweet reminds me of those days. 

BD749295-174D-4D95-803A-FDAF88A92666.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Angry 2
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

When my kids were in middle school, my daughter often tried to pick a fight with her big brother. She’d come up with the most ridiculous things to say, hoping to provoke him. She was twelve. 

And for things like that I want a facepalm reaction. This reminds me of the comments these summer about the women's soccer worldcup, where we got mansplained in a lot of comments that the german female national soccer team are so bad, they would loose against a male local team and dissing their performance, while forgetting that our "superior" male team got kicked out after the preliminaries and rightly so. The women made it into the semifinals before loosing, but where still treated as lesser than their male counterparts.

• Upvote 18

11 hours ago, usmcmom said:

That hashtag.  I can't believe she is actually watching the World Series.  The uniforms show the men's bodies.  Stumbling block!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And for things like that I want a facepalm reaction. This reminds me of the comments these summer about the women's soccer worldcup, where we got mansplained in a lot of comments that the german female national soccer team are so bad, they would loose against a male local team and dissing their performance, while forgetting that our "superior" male team got kicked out after the preliminaries and rightly so. The women made it into the semifinals before loosing, but where still treated as lesser than their male counterparts.

Even worse here. Our men didn't qualify and the women won. But the men are paid far more in salary. So it was mansplained over and over here that the men deserve more pay because they are men. 

I wonder what she'd think about Nebraska where women's volleyball sells out most games (used to sell all of them out until they moved to a bigger facility) and don't you dare think of the channel at the sports bar being changed away from their games. The announcers on our football game on TV yesterday were talking about asking a bar to change the channel from volleyball to a random football game they wanted to watch. It didn't happen. 

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

That hashtag.  I can't believe she is actually watching the World Series.  The uniforms show the men's bodies.  Stumbling block!

And sometimes they grab their crotch!

(I know they’re usually adjusting their cup, but Lori wouldn’t know (or care).

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Well, in Lori's mind it's probably ok since they are men.  I bet she has no problem with locker room interviews with male athletes being interviewed while shirtless. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori does similar tweets for next summer's Olympics.  She'll be trashing female athletes to the max. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Well, in Lori's mind it's probably ok since they are men.  I bet she has no problem with locker room interviews with male athletes being interviewed while shirtless. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori does similar tweets for next summer's Olympics.  She'll be trashing female athletes to the max. 

Penis-owners can adjust in public because they are penis-owners and they can do no wrong.  Vagina-owners need to be careful how much they touch themselves even in the shower.  It's just not ladylike!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9

I can't even tolerate her ignorance any longer.  Kanye West as a role model for Christianity.  Her insight that sex is only wonderful if you are married and aren't using birth control.  Divorce was invented in the 1950s.  Therapy is evil.  Hallmark movies make women delusional.

And she hasn't even touched on Halloween yet.

• Upvote 19

It's interesting that Laurie put the hashtag #GoAstros at the end of her post.

The Astros fired an Assistant General Manager, Brandon Taubman, this past week for shouting at female reporters that he was glad they had signed a pitcher who had served a 75 game suspension last year for domestic violence.  He shouted this 6 times at the female reporters.

But, before he was fired, the team accused the female reporters of making the story up.  Taubman lied and told the team the female reporters merely overheard him saying this to a colleague.  The team chose to believe Taubman rather than the female reporters.  When other witnesses came forward to corroborate the story, the team realizing they had a p.r. nightmare on their hands, fired Taubman  and sent an apology letter to the reporters.

Coincidence that Laurie supports a team that treats women so poorly? :think:

ETA: Wanted to add a link to an article about the incident above just in case you want to know just how shitty the Astros treated these reporters.

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2019/10/22/20927397/houston-astros-pr-crisis-brandon-taubman-stephanie-apstein

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 14

7 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

And they might scratch themselves, clearly inviting sin.  (derp)

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

It's interesting that Laurie put the hashtag #GoAstros at the end of her post.

The Astros fired an Assistant General Manager, Brandon Taubman, this past week for shouting at female reporters that he was glad they had signed a pitcher who had served a 75 game suspension last year for domestic violence.  He shouted this 6 times at the female reporters.

But, before he was fired, the team accused the female reporters of making the story up.  Taubman lied and told the team the female reporters merely overheard him saying this to a colleague.  The team chose to believe Taubman rather than the female reporters.  When other witnesses came forward to corroborate the story, the team realizing they had a p.r. nightmare on their hands, fired Taubman  and sent an apology letter to the reporters.

Coincidence that Laurie supports a team that treats women so poorly? :think:

ETA: Wanted to add a link to an article about the incident above just in case you want to know just how shitty the Astros treated these reporters.

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2019/10/22/20927397/houston-astros-pr-crisis-brandon-taubman-stephanie-apstein

According to an article on The Athletic, the Astros GM had to be talked out of drafting a player with a child sex abuse conviction last year , too. 

A lot of issues in that front office are coming out this week . My gut has been to not like them the last several years. And here we are. Hope the Nationals pull it together 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, ladyicantxplain said:

In true Biblical womanhood and manhood, neither man nor woman usurps another person - but deals with other persons with care and humility. This is for all Christians of all genders.

I loved your whole post, @ladyicantxplain. This actually defines the fruit of Christianity: treating others as we want to be treated and loving others as we love ourselves.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:53 PM, Sarah92 said:

Although perhaps if her followers read beyond Titus 2:5  then they would see her for the false prophet she is. So idk maybe she’s right in a way. 

I think she's right, in a way, too.  Too many Christians let the scholars, pastors and teachers do the research. Too many Christians are not doing their own reading and wrestling with Scripture (because there's wrestling to do there. The Bible is not an easy book to read!).  There's too much emphasis on human authority and not questioning said human authority.  Christians of 10, 15, 20 years are still dependent on the sermons delivered by their pastors, who may be younger than they are, even younger in the faith. Bible studies need leaders. Why?  Too many Christians are buying Bible study books to follow. Why? 

The description of a church meeting that Ladyicantxplain posted above doesn't paint the picture of what we know as church: one person showing up every Sunday to preach to a group of Christians who depend on him to provide something to carry them through the week. The people in the early church were participating, and that's why the apostle Paul had to give them some rules for their meetings so that they didn't get out of hand.  It was natural that the apostles did most of the preaching back then, and they wrote letters because the Church relied on them to pass on the teachings they had received from Jesus.  Thousands of years later, we have access to printed Bibles in many translations. Why aren't we digging into these Bibles?

Regarding the verse in 1 Corinthians 14, notice that Paul says: 

34 Women[f] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.[g]

What law is Paul talking about? What is the actual meaning of "the church" in this context?  Because he ends that chapter with this:

39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

He just spent 25 verses talking about tongues and making a case for not using them in the church unless someone can interpret. Then he throws in two verses about women not speaking in the church because of a law that makes it a disgraceful thing for a woman to speak in such a setting. I think that we need to understand this passage, not just take it at face value. It wasn't written to us, but it's still for us. What does it mean?

Could it be that he was addressing the culture of the day with the instruction regarding women in the church?  In the western world today, It's not disgraceful for women to speak in public and there's no law requring that we be in submission.  

I really wish more Christians would study and want to understand the Scriptures for themselves instead of following whatever teacher or preacher happens to be popular in their circle. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

The scripture teaching everything to be done in a fitting and orderly way does still fit for some churches.  Growing up Church of God and Assembly of God I cannot tell you how many times someone jumped up in the middle of the service and gave a message in tongues.  It was disruptive.  And it drove my father, a minister, crazy.  However, one of my parents' friends (a woman I spoke of in response to Lori) who did when she prayed and it was orderly and in the appropriate place.  I know many do not believe in this, and that's okay.  It is not something to force on someone. 

Lori has the gift of the sharp, cutting, hurtful tongue.  She is a jealous, spiteful, mean woman whom I doubt would ever be invited to the hospital to pray for someone.  Who would want to see that scowl when they are on their sickbed?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

@wallysmommy, Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee?  That's fairly big around here and even bigger in my home county.  Some of my best friends growing up were COG, Cleveland TN.  Their churches had the best hot dog suppers, too.  I'm a vegetarian now, but if I had the chance to eat one of those good COG hot dogs, I'd take it.  

• Upvote 4

Speaking of Emily and her various public posts seemingly contrary to Lori's teaching.....she had a "fun" post of her and Steven in costume (I'm guessing for some Halloween or costume party?) as Frozen characters.  

Pretty funny considering Lori hates Halloween this year (as opposed to other years when she liked it, hated it, tolerated it, hated in, bought organic lollipops to give out, really hated it, hated it again, then tolerated it, liked it, and then hated it). hahahah

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@wallysmommy, Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee?  That's fairly big around here and even bigger in my home county.  Some of my best friends growing up were COG, Cleveland TN.  Their churches had the best hot dog suppers, too.  I'm a vegetarian now, but if I had the chance to eat one of those good COG hot dogs, I'd take it.  

I grew up in the Church of God and loved it.  The church I went to did not have women as pastors or deacons, but women were able to teach mixed classes, lead the choir, pray, give announcements etc.  Usually a woman gave the sermon on Mother's Day.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, onemama said:

I think she's right, in a way, too.  Too many Christians let the scholars, pastors and teachers do the research. Too many Christians are not doing their own reading and wrestling with Scripture (because there's wrestling to do there. The Bible is not an easy book to read!).  There's too much emphasis on human authority and not questioning said human authority.  Christians of 10, 15, 20 years are still dependent on the sermons delivered by their pastors, who may be younger than they are, even younger in the faith. Bible studies need leaders. Why?  Too many Christians are buying Bible study books to follow. Why? 

You nailed it, @onemama.  Thank you.

Lori SAYS she believes in the "New Covenant".  But she's preaching and teaching in "Old Covenant" UNDERSTANDING: by this, I mean she places herself as a mediator between women and God.  

The Bible says I have no need of any man to teach me because I have Holy Spirit. So if I'm a Christian, HE is my teacher. (See 1 John 2:27 below). This doesn't mean I never receive correction from other believers, or listen to others' teachings, but my primary way of learning scripture is by Christ in me.

"The anointing you received from Christ lives in you. You don't need anyone to teach you something else. Instead, Christ's anointing teaches you about everything. His anointing is true and contains no lie. So live in Christ as he taught you to do."

Lori places herself as a mediator between women and God, and husbands as mediators between these women and God. It's no wonder the women who follow her are easily deceived. They don't believe they have access to the Throne of God without an older woman, or some man (husband, pastor, elder, deacon, etc.).   I think I shared here prior, that I had one woman whom I ministered to online who asked me what to pray for her sick child (mild fever). When I answered her, this woman literally told me, "I have to wait to talk to my husband to see if it is okay before I lay hands on my child and pray."

Good grief, really? That woman literally had given her WILL to another person. That is a slave of the lowest order; I don't speak with her anymore, so I pray she's free from fundy abuse, but there are scores more just like her who are brainwashed into believing their "head" is their huMAN, and not Christ.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

The Bible does say Older women are supposed to teach younger women but Lori doesn’t teach what the Bible says women are to teach. I take that verse to mean mothers teaching daughters, or mother figures. It could also mean grandmothers. I learned a lot from my grandma. B938853F-B84B-4826-B218-3EBCBBB7CC6D.thumb.png.7af88aa46afb21507cbe72e5b074f679.png

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Speaking of Emily and her various public posts seemingly contrary to Lori's teaching.....she had a "fun" post of her and Steven in costume (I'm guessing for some Halloween or costume party?) as Frozen characters.  

Pretty funny considering Lori hates Halloween this year (as opposed to other years when she liked it, hated it, tolerated it, hated in, bought organic lollipops to give out, really hated it, hated it again, then tolerated it, liked it, and then hated it). hahahah

This morning I was going through Facebook and a friend posted pics from his church's Trunk or Treat event from last night. He attends a Methodist church and is close friends with the one of the female pastors on staff.  He defended her and other female pastors last week on FB after the John MacArthur crap.  I thought about Lori and how she would hate those pics because people and children were at the church parking lot happily interacting with female pastors giving out candy. 

• Upvote 13

I just thought of a couple I know in the Assembly of God.  Their church has the husband and wife as team pastors (kinda like a missionary couple).  She was ordained by her husband. I remember seeing a sweet picture of them as he had his hands on her head praying over her and blessing her at her ordination. 

As far as Lori's divorce post, I don't know of anyone who takes divorce lightly. All of the divorced people I know of tried to make things work.  I'd also like to know where these women are that take the men to the cleaners.  Most single moms I know struggle and are worse off financially than when they were married. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Hasn't the UnGodly Mentor also bitched about Frozen in the past?  

• Upvote 4

@PennySycamore hotdogs and fried pies after church on Sunday night to raise money. TL Lowery was pastor of the big COG in Cleveland. Hell, fire and brimstone. I slept through many of his sermons as a kid.

• Upvote 5

Ah yes the old school hell, fire and brimstone preaching.

It used to scare me as a kid, but I kinda like to hear it occasionally now. It brings back wonderful memories of my grandma and the COG I grew up in. 

Who knows? If more people were afraid of Hell they might not abuse their wives or children or do other sick things (looking at Josh Duggar).

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic