• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
zeebaneighba

Plathville Coming to TLC

Marmion
15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

To me, if your data consists of these nuggets "has green hair", and "listens to music that I don't like", and you jump from that to the conclusions, "will blacken the name of other people whose concerns are valid" and "likes arson" you've been pretty hasty to judge. But if you've been told that certain kinds of music are inherently evil maybe it's a hard notion to  get rid of.

Most people who  listen to black metal never burn any churches. (I know this for a fact because  so few churches are burning.)

Some musicians in other genres were criminals too. We don't assume that everyone who listens to Christian music condones sexual abuse because I can produce a link to what Toby Willis is in prison for. Not everyone who listens to drug addicted musicians (that's most of us who listen to various artists I'd wager)  is a drug addict. Just because some musicians were involved in violence or drunk driving doesn't mean the fans of their whole genre are automatically suspect.

In my opinion, we should not generally condemn a person for  disclosing their atheism or musical tastes or whatnot because that comes dangerously close to telling them that they should continue living a lie. Which  could have been what they were trying to avoid when walking away.

To my credit , I actually went out of my way to email one of the legal guardians to the person in question to admonish them not to be so quick to assume the worse .  Also , although I had  hesitated to point this out , as I was concerned you'd feel that I was belittling you , your reading comprehension skills are abysmal .  Here I am only trying to present a nuanced perspective  on how and why adolescents and the adults who have custody view and deal with one another , only to have you and your buddies gang up on me , and subject me to ridicule , all due to you guys' apparent misreading of my post .  As to tastes in music , I myself have , and still do listen to various types of metal music .  However , black metal contains lyrical themes promoting hatred towards Christians , and in the more particular example of NSBM also Jews . So yes , I do understand why some people might feel animosity towards certain kinds of Christians .  But hate speech , and especially hate crimes , is not the appropriate response .  And if you discount the concerns that affected communities of faith have with songs encouraging violence towards them , I really don't know what else to post other than this .  https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/antisemitic-songs   It_Didnt_Start_With_Gas_Chambers.jpg

AmazonGrace

I

17 minutes ago, Marmion said:

To my credit , I actually went out of my way to email one of the legal guardians to the person in question to admonish them not to be so quick to assume the worse .  Also , although I had  hesitated to point this out , as I was concerned you'd feel that I was belittling you , your reading comprehension skills are abysmal .  Here I am only trying to present a nuanced perspective  on how and why adolescents and the adults who have custody view and deal with one another , only to have you and your buddies gang up on me , and subject me to ridicule , all due to you guys' apparent misreading of my post .  As to tastes in music , I myself have , and still do listen to various types of metal music .  However , black metal contains lyrical themes promoting hatred towards Christians , and in the more particular example of NSBM also Jews . So yes , I do understand why some people might feel animosity towards certain kinds of Christians .  But hate speech , and especially hate crimes , is not the appropriate response .  And if you discount the concerns that affected communities of faith have with songs encouraging violence towards them , I really don't know what else to post other than this .  https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/antisemitic-songs   It_Didnt_Start_With_Gas_Chambers.jpg

It's very nice of you to be worried of assuming the worse too fast but have you got any evidence that this acquaintance of yours has committed hate crimes against anyone?

I responded to your post all on my lonesome. I did not gang up on anyone. I don't understand how it's possible for me to do that on my own.

If you're referring to people who reacted to my post, there's nothing I can do about that. Anyone who has an account can react.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

NonSOTDRT Teacher

I saw on Instagram that Micah and Moriah celebrated what is likely their first Christmas 

Marmion
On 12/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

It's very nice of you to be worried of assuming the worse too fast but have you got any evidence that this acquaintance of yours has committed hate crimes against anyone?

I never said that the person had committed any hate crimes .  I only mentioned that I could understand how the person's guardians could be concerned .  I have felt that the right thing for them to have done though would have been to communicate their concerns , rather than be so quick to condemn and punish him , or her .  

On 12/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I responded to your post all on my lonesome. I did not gang up on anyone. I don't understand how it's possible for me to do that on my own.

If you're referring to people who reacted to my post, there's nothing I can do about that. Anyone who has an account can react.

That's good to know . I hadn't thought you had for certain anyway .  It just seemed sort of strange to me that within a short time , multiple people had reacted with the same negative reaction , without giving any explanation as to what all they disagreed with , so that I could gain perspective .  

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 1

HeartsAFundie
On 12/18/2019 at 9:33 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is probably best for Moriah to be with Ethan and Olivia. She’s accepted for who she is in their home. Kim and Barry just want to make their own lives easier. And that means kicking out the kids who don’t fall in line. They have Lydia and Isaac to do the work around the house. 

And I have the sneaking suspicion that Isaac is going to break as soon as he can too.  It's only a matter of time.   He gave his parents some serious side-eye when Ethan ordered and sipped the beer at the restaurant.   He appears to have a very close relationship with Ethan; Ethan even commented at the restaurant that he was hoping Isaac sat next to him, and seemed genuinely upset that Isaac would not be allowed to play drums in their band.  If Isaac asked to stay at Ethan and Olivia's, I am sure they'd welcome him with open arms.    

KateS

What do y’all think of Olivia’s Q + A on Instagram?

JillyO

Olivia comes across as a really smart young woman who deeply cares about others. I wish her nothing but the best in her battle with depression, in leaving fundamentalism behind, and in establishing healthy boundaries with her in-laws. Since the Q&A is about to expire in her stories, I took some screenshots of the answers I thought were most interesting. The rest were more trivial (about her photography business and her beauty routine and stuff). Screenshots (hopefully) under the spoiler!

Spoiler

4FBD7516-65A3-45C2-AF8F-B07C8A4A5CD3.thumb.png.2ad66d96ea834613e6a2dc95ec12b91b.pngFE18F412-5327-4C63-BC9E-96E42051990E.thumb.png.7a50337ea88c0a2be8ad4cff18d27ef9.pngEA8A3989-AB80-46C5-858D-A851710EF05C.thumb.png.e70e775677783a1d58f6bb4958fcda43.png1E1B2529-2F74-45C9-8560-A43A1B72ABCE.thumb.png.846fec1a2da829a368c550c16ec6f557.pngC99FE6B9-D998-4DDA-BABF-87DF16D76395.thumb.png.fb06e77dd57adca612e80db34f32261c.png20E8764E-E4B6-4763-BB21-8B260B0AFEF7.thumb.png.d0da19daf8e339be1ed8ab02a6f1deaf.pngFB1ECA6B-43F8-4514-83B2-66DEFEA4CDA0.thumb.png.ed35d5bb6e940463ce92bc8031c5a01f.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 5