IGNORED

Plathville Coming to TLC

zeebaneighba

17 hours ago, CarrieBeth said:

Guys, sorry for drifting from the drift, but I was just innocently trying to watch Outdaughtered on TLC and I saw a commercial for a new show called “Welcome to Plathville.” It had to have been Hosanna’s family. It only caught my attention part way through, and I can’t find it any where on the internet (I swear I’m not making it up) but it said coming early November. I wonder how Jill feels about this...think they filmed the wedding?

I am sick...this better be real and not an FJ related fever dream or I will be very angry. 

I found  the commercial on youtube:

but there is nothing on the TLC website yet.

Edited by zeebaneighba
grammar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 12

29 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I found  the commercial on youtube:

Loved the typo in the title the person who posted it gave it.

I've never heard of Justine Bieber either! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

OMG!  Plathville is going to be awesome.  I hope, hope, hope they have wedding video with Jill Rod.  Maybe that's why silence about the engagement.  They'll announce it on Plathville and Nurie asks Hosanna to be a bridesmaid!

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 4

Oh god Plathville?! Wtf? How have I not heard of this until now? I’m sorry but #3 and #4 Plath are not that unaware of pop culture. They are just faking that shit so hard. Moriah’s in Christian movies. She helps Olivia Meggs Plath shoot mainstream weddings. I hate when TLC pulls this shit.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 7

Micah Plath’s instagram is public. So is Olivia Meggs Plath’s instagram. I honestly thought maybe there had been a rift between Ethan and Olivia and his family. Because I didn’t see her at Hosanna’s wedding and Ethan wasn’t in the wedding even though Micah was. And Olivia has made vague references multiple times about things that could be family related. Here is an example:

2B1714DA-8DBD-4541-91AE-905AF7F1FDB6.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Micah Plath’s instagram is public. So is Olivia Meggs Plath’s instagram. I honestly thought maybe there had been a rift between Ethan and Olivia and his family. Because I didn’t see her at Hosanna’s wedding and Ethan wasn’t in the wedding even though Micah was. And Olivia has made vague references multiple times about things that could be family related. 

She has posted a few things that led me to the same conclusion.  She's posted a lot that suggested she wasn't for super evangelicalism.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

She has posted a few things that led me to the same conclusion.  She's posted a lot that suggested she wasn't for super evangelicalism.

I believe she said something to Jill Rod about how she and Ethan didn’t court and it was great for them. Or did I dream that up?

• Upvote 2

I've seen my share of overly sheltered kids on Wife Swap and Trading Spouses so I'll pass on this one.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe she said something to Jill Rod about how she and Ethan didn’t court and it was great for them. Or did I dream that up?

Here is the one I’m thinking of. 

Spoiler

A33D5B1D-181E-4F88-B857-804CAE0DA79C.thumb.jpeg.3834bc2d5e107617d080f60efdf061a4.jpeg

But here are some other interesting posts. Also one about the definition of a narcissist. 

Spoiler

602AA0B2-0420-4701-AD09-24FC15CDAA36.thumb.jpeg.27d19a9da2c57f0be45ca45d4ffbddb8.jpeg

Spoiler

BF759957-1332-4D6B-8C45-DBDDEFD94A40.thumb.png.7d54d4b413acd9370f99201f843367dc.png

• Upvote 26
  • Thank You 6

14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I've seen my share of overly sheltered kids on Wife Swap and Trading Spouses so I'll pass on this one.

I am reminded of the Stockdale family .  

I actually saw , and even have on DVD , what turned out to be their final performance at the Amish Country Theater , down in Holmes County , Ohio , before the murder took place .    For those who might not be aware of what happened , https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30011-stockdale-family-murders-part-2-the-sequel/   .   Just from the promo , I noticed numerous BITE model traits .  

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

I honestly don’t understand the appeal of this new Plathville show concept. Yes, they are all blonde and can sing. But who the fuck cares? Tons of fundie families sing. Nothing new there. They aren’t actually as sheltered as they portray and they don’t even have as many kids as a lot of fundies.  I see this just having one season. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

The Duggar clan became famous for being strange, sheltered, and extremely conservative.  It will be hard to top that after all these years. We all are still waiting for a rock to roll away. So far just a freaky oldest son and 2 daughters wearing pants. I agree that this new show might only last 1 season.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

The whole “do you know who this celebrity is?” Shtick is overdone and boring at this point. Not everyone knows who every semi famous person is. I know plenty of people who have zero interest in the NFL and may not know who Tom Brady is. People have their own interests and sometimes celebrities aren’t one of them. It’s not that shocking. I actually don’t know who a lot of famous youtubers are. I’ve heard a few of their names but that’s it. I don’t know who any of the Bachelors or Bachelorettes are. I watch very little reality tv so there are tons of those people who are totally off my radar. Will TLC come interview me and my kids? Because my kids have no clue who Tom Brady and Justin Beiber are. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 12

5 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Has JRod finally found a way to get on TV? 

I was wondering if this might explain that crazy video she posted in late September. The Duggars got a show, the Bateses got a show, now the Plaths have a show. Maybe Jilly thought that she would finally get a show if she took things up a level (or three). 

• Upvote 11

8 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw her a bit on Plathville which will basically make her crap her pants. 

• Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Marmion said:

I am reminded of the Stockdale family .  

And the people who came here trying to get us to believe that they were an absolutely wonderful functional family and the sons were not sheltered or overly controlled by mama at all.

However, I still go with undiagnosed mental illness on that one.  Jacob Stockdale should be up for a status review soon.  He recovered from his serious brain injury well enough appear in court to plead lack of competency to stand trial on the murders.  He lost the first round (assessed competent to stand trial) but was deemed incompetent on appeal.  He was sent to a high security psychiatric unit in May, 2019 for treatment.  My guess is that with heavy meds on board he may still stand trial.  They weren't going for the death penalty on this one.

9 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Please, God, NO!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

How can they say whether he had an undiagnosed mental illness before the murders if he’s had such a traumatic brain injury?  I guess it’s irrelevant now because if he is currently unable to stand trial, it is what it is.  I just wonder if they can ever really come up with a true motive.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

How can they say whether he had an undiagnosed mental illness before the murders if he’s had such a traumatic brain injury?  I guess it’s irrelevant now because if he is currently unable to stand trial, it is what it is.  I just wonder if they can ever really come up with a true motive.

That's only my theory, albeit backed up by the fact he is being held in a psychiatric unit.  The defense can claim anything as mitigating factors although it is nice if they have evidence of pre-existing mental issues and witnesses to back it up.  Also the symptoms of mental illnesses are not exactly the same as those of brain injury.   If he stands trial it will be up to the jury.  And I'm not sure life in a high security psychiatric unit is any better than in prison general population.  

As always, a disclaimer.  The vast majority of seriously mentally ill people do not commit violent crimes.  However, some do.  https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/mental-illness-and-violence

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I agree with all that. Since this is the Internet, I feel obligated to say I am genuinely asking out of curiosity and discussion. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And the people who came here trying to get us to believe that they were an absolutely wonderful functional family and the sons were not sheltered or overly controlled by mama at all.

However, I still go with undiagnosed mental illness on that one.  Jacob Stockdale should be up for a status review soon.  He recovered from his serious brain injury well enough appear in court to plead lack of competency to stand trial on the murders.  He lost the first round (assessed competent to stand trial) but was deemed incompetent on appeal.  He was sent to a high security psychiatric unit in May, 2019 for treatment.  My guess is that with heavy meds on board he may still stand trial.  They weren't going for the death penalty on this one.

Might people in high control environments be better at learning how to hide their mental illness by just keeping up exterior appearances within the very narrow limits of approved behaviors until something breaks?  

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic