IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Yes that is *that* Becky. She also said Nathan has a FB and Insta but they are under a fake name. She said she got that info from FJ, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen discussion that he has social media under a fake name here. If they’ve been together since April, then they’re probably close to engagement or maybe already engaged by this point.

Does she allude tomorrow whether it’s Esther or Hannah? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

Does she allude tomorrow whether it’s Esther or Hannah? 

She responded initially to a reply that said they couldn’t wait for Nathan and EK’s announcement so I’m going to definitely say she’s thinking it’s Esther. Maybe Hannah is getting to know Trace or Lawson? She’s been featured on the Bates Sisters Boutique page several times and the boys seem to be hanging with her brothers more. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Yes that is *that* Becky. She also said Nathan has a FB and Insta but they are under a fake name. She said she got that info from FJ, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen discussion that he has social media under a fake name here. If they’ve been together since April, then they’re probably close to engagement or maybe already engaged by this point.

If you're going to talk about me, at least be kind enough to let me know so I can join in... ?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

If you're going to talk about me, at least be kind enough to let me know so I can join in... ?

So how did you discovered Nathans fake account? i am pretty sure it was never discussed here before. But whoever first mentioned Esther as the girl in the photo had to already known about her to make that connection, so i guess some people knew about the account. So its definetely her, right?

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Omg is that really you? Your like a super duggar stalker we talk about on here. Well welcome to the pack. Cue awkward laugh. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Don’t shoot me. Lots of you were thinking it.
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, llucie said:

So how did you discovered Nathans fake account? i am pretty sure it was never discussed here before. But whoever first mentioned Esther as the girl in the photo had to already known about her to make that connection, so i guess some people knew about the account. So its definetely her, right?

I first heard about a Nathan IG account either here on FJ or on Tumblr. I checked it out awhile ago and it has something like 40 posts. It's followed by most, if not all of his siblings, so I'm inclined to think that it's actually him and not a fake. If it was fake, it definitely wouldn't be private. There's also a Facebook page with a similar fake name that's only friends with 3 people, including Andrew Patton and Esther. The only "like" on the page is Medic Corps so, again, I'm inclined to think it's Nathan and not a fake.

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Omg is that really you? Your like a super duggar stalker we talk about on here. Well welcome to the pack. Cue awkward laugh. 

Oh, I know you guys do. I find it exceptionally amusing to be honest, especially since you don't know me. I have my reasons for why I liked them, and why I still find them fascinating. I'm happy to share, if anyone cares. I finally decided that if y'all want to talk about me, I'd like to join in. ?

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Do you know if Esther & Nathan are already courting or are they just in the get-to-know-you phase? I wonder how Kelly Jo feels about Esther, since she appears to be Fundie-lite at most. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, fundiebabez said:

Do you know if Esther & Nathan are already courting or are they just in the get-to-know-you phase? I wonder how Kelly Jo feels about Esther, since she appears to be Fundie-lite at most. 

I've been on the Facebook pages of some of her siblings and they are ridiculously conservative. Yeah, their style of dress is much more modern and less Little House on the Prairie, but they are definitely the Bates type. The Trump train was made for people like the Keyes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I noticed one of Esther's sisters is dating a pilot named Kidron. Just an interesting fact since Nathan is also a pilot. Are the Keyes from Pennsylvania?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I noticed one of Esther's sisters is dating a pilot named Kidron. Just an interesting fact since Nathan is also a pilot. Are the Keyes from Pennsylvania?

Ephrata, Pennsylvania. It's a borough in Lancaster County.

• Thank You 3

5 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Oh, I know you guys do. I find it exceptionally amusing to be honest, especially since you don't know me. I have my reasons for why I liked them, and why I still find them fascinating. I'm happy to share, if anyone cares. I finally decided that if y'all want to talk about me, I'd like to join in. ?

Well, let me welcome you to the ranks of participating members of FJ! I'm sure you're well aware of FJ since you've been following the Bates for a while, but I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

And yes, I am interested in why you like the Bates and find them fascinating.

Personally, I have family who are evangelical and homeschool, but have pulled back from that ultra-conservative edge, so I see some of them in the Bateses. I like individual members and wish them all well, but I find ATI and the cult deeply horrifying and especially despise the misogyny inherent in their way of life.

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I like individual members and wish them all well, but I find ATI and the cult deeply horrifying and especially despise the misogyny inherent in their way of life

Exactly.

Especially since these aren't just average cult members. These are cult leaders. The family normalizes hate, oppression and misogyny. The Bates family brand is packaging up evil in nice boxes. Yes some are more likable than others and I wish that all of them could find freedom, but anyone who has studied this family should find them and the world they are working to create terrifying. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

I first heard about a Nathan IG account either here on FJ or on Tumblr. I checked it out awhile ago and it has something like 40 posts. It's followed by most, if not all of his siblings, so I'm inclined to think that it's actually him and not a fake. If it was fake, it definitely wouldn't be private. There's also a Facebook page with a similar fake name that's only friends with 3 people, including Andrew Patton and Esther. The only "like" on the page is Medic Corps so, again, I'm inclined to think it's Nathan and not a fake.

Thank you for replying, it was probably in tumblr then. I firstly read it on reddit and only after that it was mentioned here.

Wellcome to freejinger! Since you are here i think it would be good for you to clarify this rumor that you have another account you use to bully the fundies, like for example attacking Tori for not posting enough on her instagram. Personally i can understand you having a fascination with them (i do too) and i kinda can understand you liking some of them (i mostly dont though)...but not liking them in one account and then bullying them in another, thats creepy territory.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Well, let me welcome you to the ranks of participating members of FJ! I'm sure you're well aware of FJ since you've been following the Bates for a while, but I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

And yes, I am interested in why you like the Bates and find them fascinating.

Personally, I have family who are evangelical and homeschool, but have pulled back from that ultra-conservative edge, so I see some of them in the Bateses. I like individual members and wish them all well, but I find ATI and the cult deeply horrifying and especially despise the misogyny inherent in their way of life.

Well, I started following the Duggars in 2004 when the first TLC special aired. To say that my family life sucked when I was growing up would be an understatement. When I was a baby I was left at my grandparents one day and that was where I lived until I was 17. I rarely saw my mother and have only recently begun having a relationship with her. We were the kind of family that only came together on holidays, pretended to get along for a day, and then went on hating each other for the rest of the year. So when I saw this big, happy family I was hooked. It was like a drug that I couldn't get over. Siblings that loved each other, parents that loved their kids and actually cared about their feelings!? That was insane to me! And even though there were warning signs over the years, especially in 2015 with the Josh scandals, I struggled to accept the fact that their perfect life was an illusion. I still struggle with that because, for over a decade, I felt closer to these families than I did my own. They were open and inviting and my family wasn't.

It's taken a few years for me to understand that what you see isn't always what you get. I know y'all think I'm crazy, and there were times when I guess I was in a way, but I was desperately trying to hold onto that fantasy of a happy family. Maybe happy families in general are a myth. Maybe they don't exist anywhere...

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Thank you for replying, it was probably in tumblr then. I firstly read it on reddit and only after that it was mentioned here.

Wellcome to freejinger! Since you are here i think it would be good for you to clarify this rumor that you have another account you use to bully the fundies, like for example attacking Tori for not posting enough on her instagram. Personally i can understand you having a fascination with them (i do too) and i kinda can understand you liking some of them (i mostly dont though)...but not liking them in one account and then bullying them in another, thats creepy territory.

I only have one Instagram account and, TBH, it took me forever to figure out how to use it! LOL My knowledge of technology pretty much peaked with the DVD.

From what I've heard on Tumblr (because they think I'm crazy too!) a lot of people assumed we were the same person because we happened to have the same profile picture at the time. I had a suicide loss profile picture on my FB and IG accounts because my brother committed suicide in 2009.

People are going to believe what they want to believe and that's their business, but I know I'm not that kind of person. I'm a lot of things, but deliberately cruel is not one of them.

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Maybe happy families in general are a myth. Maybe they don't exist anywhere...

The "happy" family idea that the Bates and Duggars sell is a lie. The idea that there are these "perfect" families where the children never fight or argue back and everyone is always happy isn't real. It isn't even real with these families. But I think there are happy families, just no perfect ones. 

The Duggars and Bates(and IBLP) depend on preying on vulnerable people who really crave the idea of a calm, stable happy home. They promise they have the key to creating this idyllic life, but the reality is very, very dark. I think the only people who end up even slightly happy are the adults who got to have a normal life before they embraced a cult. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 26

On 9/7/2020 at 4:55 AM, becky_m2001 said:

Well, this was awkward! I will make sure to talk to you instead of about you in the future :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Well, this was awkward! I will make sure to talk to you instead of about you in the future :)

Not that awkward, really! If it makes you feel better I find it more amusing than offensive. ?

• Thank You 1

Not sure if I should share this here, but thought I'd let y'all know that Warden Bates is now on Instagram! Trace shared the link in his stories today.

@wardenjbates

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

How old is he? Except for Lawson IIRC all the guys have had insta only when they started courting or at least seriously looking for a girl? 

Could he be next in line, after Nathan? I think for Trace it could still be too early to come out with a new relationship, maybe he is getting to know one of the Wissmann girls

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

From what I've heard on Tumblr (because they think I'm crazy too!) a lot of people assumed we were the same person because we happened to have the same profile picture at the time.

The same person as who? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

How old is he? Except for Lawson IIRC all the guys have had insta only when they started courting or at least seriously looking for a girl? 

Could he be next in line, after Nathan? I think for Trace it could still be too early to come out with a new relationship, maybe he is getting to know one of the Wissmann girls

Warden is only 17, so I sure hope that he’s not in any rush to start courting. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one that's gonna be a little annoyed if there's no announcement from Nathan soon? I mean, after all this talk about him and his new girl, they gotta give us something! LOL

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one that's gonna be a little annoyed if there's no announcement from Nathan soon? I mean, after all this talk about him and his new girl, they gotta give us something! LOL

I just think it’s odd that they are keeping it a secret. Nobody else tries to keep it a secret if they are seeing someone.  But with Nathan he tried to kept it a secret both times.  

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I just think it’s odd that they are keeping it a secret. Nobody else tries to keep it a secret if they are seeing someone.  But with Nathan he tried to kept it a secret both times.  

On the one hand I can understand him keeping it secret after what happened before. But, they've got to know that they can't keep it a secret forever. Not with so many Nosy Nancy's out there digging for dirt! LOL

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic