IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

Did Nathan’s ex Ashley ever get her own thread? Looks like shes getting married in Ohio imminently (possibly this weekend judging by her instagram stories). I wonder which, if any, Bates’ will attend. 

This seems quite a quick turnaround, even by fundie standards! She officially announced they were a couple in January, engaged in May and married 3 months after that. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

Did Nathan’s ex Ashley ever get her own thread? Looks like shes getting married in Ohio imminently (possibly this weekend judging by her instagram stories). I wonder which, if any, Bates’ will attend. 

This seems quite a quick turnaround, even by fundie standards! She officially announced they were a couple in January, engaged in May and married 3 months after that. 

No, but her wedding is being discussed on the Unmarried Fundies thread

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

The wedding video is on her instagram.

It was a bit lacking in dignity for me, but apparently that may be Ashley's personality.  For such a long walk in for the attendants someone should have rehearsed them on walking rather than clomping or galumphing down the hill and perhaps checked the dresses to see how transparent they'd be with the light behind them.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was a bit lacking in dignity for me, but apparently that may be Ashley's personality.  For such a long walk in for the attendants someone should have rehearsed them on walking rather than clomping or galumphing down the hill and perhaps checked the dresses to see how transparent they'd be with the light behind them.  

Is a thing in the USA for the bridesmaids to walk in with the groomsmen. In Australia the bridesmaids walk in before the bride down the aisle towards the groom and groomsmen who are already waiting. I think them walking in with the men is what made them look very clumpy. They were walking at someone else’s pace. I only watched about thirty second of snippets. Thank good for fast forward. I wonder if any Bates made it up for the wEdding 

Also did anyone watch live? I’m curious to know what her viewer number was. Does insta even show that? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is a thing in the USA for the bridesmaids to walk in with the groomsmen. In Australia the bridesmaids walk in before the bride down the aisle towards the groom and groomsmen who are already waiting. I think them walking in with the men is what made them look very clumpy. They were walking at someone else’s pace. I only watched about thirty second of snippets. Thank good for fast forward. I wonder if any Bates made it up for the wEdding 

Also did anyone watch live? I’m curious to know what her viewer number was. Does insta even show that? 

I found it just before the vows, and there were about 200 people watching live. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I didn’t catch the number but noticed that both Josie Bates and Jill Dillard (Duggar) we’re watching the live stream. Josie commented something along the lines of she wished they could be there so I’m assuming she was invited but didn’t make it. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is a thing in the USA for the bridesmaids to walk in with the groomsmen. In Australia the bridesmaids walk in before the bride down the aisle towards the groom and groomsmen who are already waiting.

Yes, it's a normal thing in the US for the bridesmaids to walk in with the groomsmen. Almost all the weddings I've been in/been to recently/my wedding, all very un-fundie, have had that. I do remember when I was younger a few family weddings where the groomsmen were at the alter with the groom and the bridesmaids walked on their own. But for my wedding and the few I've been in at least, we did practice a bit at rehearsal to make sure each pair was comfortable walking together.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was a bit lacking in literally any details about the bride or groom for me. It was all just Jesus. Besides the vows did the officiant even say their names?! If that was my wedding I’d feel real fuckin cheated. 
Par for the course for a fundie, though.

• Upvote 5

I saw a few more clips where they both looked more chill with more natural kisses. Yes the wedding did seem short. I guess more room for a longer reception. Ashley looked radiant. I knew she would. Hope she will be too busy being married to aggravate abortion clinics. Looking  forward to seeing honeymoon pictures.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

It can go both ways. Of the 15ish weddings I’ve been to over the last few years I’d say about half did it where the bridesmaids walked with groomsmen and half where they walked by themselves. I know for my wedding they’ll be walking by themselves and the guys will already be up front. Also, I’m both surprised and not surprised by the lack of masks I saw. So many venues where I live are requiring masks at the ceremonies even if they’re outside since it’s hard to social distance chairs in some spaces.

• Upvote 9

I clicked the button that goes to the next unread topic, and it brought me back to 2016. We were discussing if Nathan was going to propose to Ashley on her upcoming birthday, and many people were convinced she was already hiding a ring on her finger. Four years later and she’s more insufferable than she was then. However, at least she doesn’t have three little Bateseseses blessings by now!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I clicked the button that goes to the next unread topic, and it brought me back to 2016. We were discussing if Nathan was going to propose to Ashley on her upcoming birthday, and many people were convinced she was already hiding a ring on her finger. Four years later and she’s more insufferable than she was then. However, at least she doesn’t have three little Bateseseses blessings by now!

But I do predict a honeymoon baby or an announcement from her by Thanksgiving. At least she's not stuck on a countryside in TN. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

And entering motherhood four years older has to help in some capacity I’d think. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Ashley seems like such a city girl, I can't imagine why she ever dated Nathan. Did he break up with her?

• Upvote 2

On 8/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, nellautumngirl said:

Ashley seems like such a city girl, I can't imagine why she ever dated Nathan. Did he break up with her?

Well, people with completely incompatible wishes/believes/mindsets/ ideas fall in love all the time. Especially with all the rules, I imagine they fall actually pretty hard when they can finally embrace those feelings without guilt. That might conceal lots of problems. At least they/she realised it before they got married.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Synopsis for September 10th’s episode has me thinking that Nathan and Esther Keyes really are in a private courtship 

E1CEE080-E321-400E-9E2D-4621BB248FC8.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Was he the one who was also speculated to possibly be interested in a Wismann girl? Wow after months of nothing basically we have at least two possible courtship announce in a couple of weeks (one of the Duggars is also expected to come out with a courtship based on the synopsis of a future episode) and a least two pregnancy in the Duggar, I fear we are at the start of another busy period between pregnancy and wedding and then pregnancy again 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On Hannah Wissman's instagram there is a picture of her with  ring on her left hand. Is she the one Nathan was supposed to be interested in? Could this ring be a purity ring rather than a wedding ring?

• Upvote 1

Do the Bates have a mag or day of choice to communicate courtship, pregnancy engagement ECC? Wondering when I should start to google him for an announce ?

• Upvote 2

Well what will happen if this one falls through too? Do you think they are only announcing because this one will is pretty much a done deal? 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well what will happen if this one falls through too? Do you think they are only announcing because this one will is pretty much a done deal? 

That would make sense. Or they are announcing it for ratings. Zach had a failed courtship and went on to marry the next women he “courted”. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Hannah Wissman’s latest Instagram post shows a ring on her finger, and she’s saved some wedding hairstyles to her Pinterest. I’d definitely say the relationship could be progressing extremely quickly (if they’re even together. We don’t know who the girl is for sure, of course) 

Edited by fundiebabez
  • Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic