IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

On 1/30/2020 at 10:36 AM, HereticHick said:

He sounds like what Josh Duggar aspired to be. : )

And lord, you know this rightwing bro loves him some President Trump.

Still, I'm glad Ashley didn't marry Nathan several years ago--she'd probably be on pregnancy #3 by now!

Honestly, this guy is probably worse than Nathan.

• Upvote 5

On 2/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, Seculardaisy said:

In case anyone ever thinks Ashley isn’t a walking nightmare. I wonder what kind of “support” they can offer this mom, let alone the drug addled baby once it’s born...prayer?

9453DC46-CB58-479D-9058-DC936D210F86.thumb.jpeg.0b6d070474dafab0923cc43b1910c7af.jpeg

As someone who has taught plenty of kids who were born addicted, I can say I don't wish it on any kid. There's just so many issues that no one talks about. They might be clean but when a 3 year old doesn't eat because of residual issues, it becomes a bigger problem. I've known a few kids that couldn't eat and had to be on formula for a long time.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 2/3/2020 at 4:50 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Completely agree. This new guy looks like he could have much more influence on the world at large than Nathan, who just influences the Bates' little fanbase and maybe some local people. UPenn guy is being set up to go into politics, law, and/or public policy.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

On 2/4/2020 at 5:26 PM, OyToTheVey said:

As someone who has taught plenty of kids who were born addicted, I can say I don't wish it on any kid. There's just so many issues that no one talks about. They might be clean but when a 3 year old doesn't eat because of residual issues, it becomes a bigger problem. I've known a few kids that couldn't eat and had to be on formula for a long time.

I can confirm this. My aunt and uncle couldn't have their own kids, so they have adopted foster kids who were drug babies. One is 4yrs old and I'm pretty sure she still has a feeding port. It takes a LOT of hard work, dedication, and support from parents to encourage her to eat on her own. She is underweight, and I can't help but think that the lack of food can also affect her psychologically and make her a little crankier (i.e., hangry). The other two are young enough that I'm not sure how severe their developments are. One is worse than the other because he was born with three or four drugs in his system. You can tell just by holding or interacting with these babies that they don't act the way you'd expect a normal baby to act. My aunt and uncle often get calls to take care of drug babies until they find a home because they have experience in helping these types of kids and because no one else wants to care for them with all their issues. It's all very sad and definitely not something to be taken lightly. It's a very serious issue, and drug babies need a lot of medical care and attention. I just hope that people like Ashley realize that the mother and child need a lot of specialized care and support. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 11
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I can confirm this. My aunt and uncle couldn't have their own kids, so they have adopted foster kids who were drug babies. One is 4yrs old and I'm pretty sure she still has a feeding port. It takes a LOT of hard work, dedication, and support from parents to encourage her to eat on her own. She is underweight, and I can't help but think that the lack of food can also affect her psychologically and make her a little crankier (i.e., hangry). The other two are young enough that I'm not sure how severe their developments are. One is worse than the other because he was born with three or four drugs in his system. You can tell just by holding or interacting with these babies that they don't act the way you'd expect a normal baby to act. My aunt and uncle often get calls to take care of drug babies until they find a home because they have experience in helping these types of kids and because no one else wants to care for them with all their issues. It's all very sad and definitely not something to be taken lightly. It's a very serious issue, and drug babies need a lot of medical care and attention. I just hope that people like Ashley realize that the mother and child need a lot of specialized care and support. 

Thank Rufus for people like your family. 

Those poor babes, are so lucky for them.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...

Today she shared a quote from thatcher on her instastories.. claims that people harrass her and her fellow «protesters» outside planned parenthood. I could not stop myself from replying to her. Those who protest women deciding what to do with their own bodies just make my blood boil. I was perfectly polite in my message, but don’t have much hope in her replying. May end up blocked.. ?

• Upvote 11

The protesters aren't harassing women going in - they're showing them God's path.  Like that time I had a group scream scripture at me when I went to get my annual exam at a location that doesn't even perform abortions.  God's path.

(I wasn't particularly bothered by it because I can be a hardheaded bitch when I want to be, but I did feel bad for other women who might be upset by it.)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

The protesters aren't harassing women going in - they're showing them God's path.  Like that time I had a group scream scripture at me when I went to get my annual exam at a location that doesn't even perform abortions.  God's path.

(I wasn't particularly bothered by it because I can be a hardheaded bitch when I want to be, but I did feel bad for other women who might be upset by it.)

I got screamed at when going to get a voucher for a mammogram. I was too young according to my insurance so my doctor called a friend who worked at Planned Parenthood. The friend got me a voucher for a free one at the hospital. Otherwise it was going to cost way too much for me. Gotta love getting screamed at doing something like that. 

Lovely to know the clinic I went to years before that (that did perform abortions) didn't have a single protester in sight. My friend who went with me commented we might should be scared to go to one with no protesters. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Sounds like she got the NYC, not-a-country-bumpkin version of him.  

• Upvote 9

• 2 months later...

"And just like that, my birthday turned into my engagement, my boyfriend became my fiancé and in a world where most everything is closed, the next chapter of my life has opened." <-- I have to hand it to her, that's some good writing right there.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

Odd on if Nathan will or will not go to the wedding? If not will Lawson not go out of solidarity and miss a chance to preen and pose. 
who will go? 
duggars Bates? 
Edit to add I forgot covid (dunno how)

how will this change huge fundie weddings? Will they wait or will they have a small one? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Odd on if Nathan will or will not go to the wedding? If not will Lawson not go out of solidarity and miss a chance to preen and pose. 
who will go? 
duggars Bates? 
Edit to add I forgot covid (dunno how)

how will this change huge fundie weddings? Will they wait or will they have a small one? 

I'm sure Nathan will find a good excuse not to go (he does have a pretty busy schedule after all). I think the Bates women will all go and maybe Lawson if he isn't busy as well. The Duggars will definitely be there. I don't think the wedding is happening until after COVID restrictions are over which could take a while for New Yorkers. A fundie girl dreams of her wedding day being the perfect day and I don't think that Ashley is an exception. She'll want to do it properly with a thousand guests most likely. I predict that this is going to be a long engagement. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, stardust said:

I'm sure Nathan will find a good excuse not to go (he does have a pretty busy schedule after all). I think the Bates women will all go and maybe Lawson if he isn't busy as well. The Duggars will definitely be there. I don't think the wedding is happening until after COVID restrictions are over which could take a while for New Yorkers. A fundie girl dreams of her wedding day being the perfect day and I don't think that Ashley is an exception. She'll want to do it properly with a thousand guests most likely. I predict that this is going to be a long engagement. 

Are the Duggars friends with Ashley, beyond being members of the same cult and having mutual friends? I don’t recall seeing social media interaction.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, stardust said:

I think the Bates women will all go and maybe Lawson if he isn't busy as well. The Duggars will definitely be there.

Possibly Lawson may go but I don't see any evidence of the Bates sisters being close with Ashley now.

I'm with @QuiverFullofBooks on this. Other than when Ashley was with Nathan I don't recall seeing her with the Duggars and don't believe there's a connection there. Even if they know her from Big Sandy I just don't see them making a special trip to the Northeast to go to her wedding. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Fundies on this end have been getting  married and saving the ceremony for later this summer or this year. Ashley is not gonna want to wait too long. She thought Nathan was proposing and he was just asking to court. Still can't believe there are Big Sandy fundies living in the Bronx. Glad she found her a crazy, hard core, city fundie dude. If that's what she really wants....

• Upvote 5

Didn't Ashley attend some of the Duggar weddings?  I seem to recall an IG post at Joy's or Jinger's wedding?  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Didn't Ashley attend some of the Duggar weddings?  I seem to recall an IG post at Joy's or Jinger's wedding?  

OK, I have to backtrack now. I just took a look on her Instagram and she did go to Joy's and Josiah's weddings. She also attended Carlin's wedding and Michaela congratulated on her engagement. So I guess it's possible a few of them might attend hers. We'll see.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Good memory, @RosyDaisy! She definitely knows the Duggars. I've done some sleuthing and here's what I've come up with:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

On 5/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, stardust said:

I'm sure Nathan will find a good excuse not to go (he does have a pretty busy schedule after all). I think the Bates women will all go and maybe Lawson if he isn't busy as well. 

Honey, Lawson is never busy.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Of all the fundies I’ve seen on social media, Ashley has always seemed to pass as the most mainstream - her clothes, her expressions, her behavior, living in the Bronx! It’s just always so jarring to me when there are reminders of how fundie she actually is. It’s hard for me to picture her as an eventual mom of 12 or 14 kids. But there haven’t been any signs of her venturing away either. I’m curious to see what her life is like post-marriage. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Ashley was always a hip fundie girl in skirts. Think she's been wearing pants only a few years now. I've said it before, and I'm still fascinated that Gothard fundies live in the Bronx. Wonder how long her family has been this way. Majority of the Hispanics here are Catholic. A very small percentage are evolved with other denominations.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I think her dad is a white Protestant. Maybe her mom converted?

Also interesting that the youngest 3 Salyer kids are adopted. Isn’t that anti-Gothard? Are they officially IBLP?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I think her dad is a white Protestant. Maybe her mom converted?

Also interesting that the youngest 3 Salyer kids are adopted. Isn’t that anti-Gothard? Are they officially IBLP?

Ashley has attended the Big Sandy conference, so she is connected to the IBLP in that way. But I’m not sure of the extent of her family’s involvement in it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic