• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
GreyhoundFan

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

Natalie22
12 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Actually it's very normal that a 5 year old asks about death, and even conclude that "grandma goes first, because she is the older". Very, very normal. They understand that death is something that happens to old people and often deny or cry when are told that young people can die.

Praying about that sounds very strange, though.

Oh, it's not the 5 year old asking about death thing that I find strange.  That totally makes sense to me.  I was just thinking in terms of her going before Gil.  Not so much that she would die sooner than his parents or something like that.  To me, when I first read about it her, it sounded like he was sure she would die first and thought it would be good.  That's so strange to me

rebeccawriter01
15 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Oh, it's not the 5 year old asking about death thing that I find strange.  That totally makes sense to me.  I was just thinking in terms of her going before Gil.  Not so much that she would die sooner than his parents or something like that.  To me, when I first read about it her, it sounded like he was sure she would die first and thought it would be good.  That's so strange to me

The prioritization is what threw me about the whole thing. It isn't like he's a child who has been around a lot of death in the family lately. I just found it odd that he was essentially thinking this was some sort of good thing.

The prayer video was apparently part of a present that Brandon filmed for Kelly Jo for Mother's Day. Even with their beliefs of salvation and eternal life in heaven, I'm not quite sure I would have kept that in the video.

just_ordinary

Well, dying ends the earthly struggles and will bring them back into the arms of their Heavenly Father. Or similar. There are deviations about the concept. So wishing Kelly to meet Jesus/God (never sure with them) is probably a very sweet sentiment showing how much he loves her. 
Those children are brainwashed and have very complex concepts laid upon them from their first breath. Normal Christians here (aka what many would call Cafeteria Christians or cultural Christians I suppose) often gloss over this especially when talking to children. 

FunFunFundies
On 5/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, Natalie22 said:

When you’re five, getting to do anything first is the best thing ever to you. Y’all are assuming that Carson knows that in order to go to heaven that his granny would have to die and he wouldn’t be able to see her again on earth, and I’m sure that isn’t what he meant. He hasn’t lost anyone close to him yet so he probably doesn’t even understand what that means. He has probably been taught that heaven is this wonderful place where you get to meet the best person ever (Jesus). I’m not surprised he thinks his granny should get to go to a place that great first, especially on Mother’s Day. IMO, this is the equivalent of a non-fundie kid saying I hope my granny gets to go somewhere she loves first. 

HerNameIsBuffy
9 hours ago, FunFunFundies said:

When you’re five, getting to do anything first is the best thing ever to you. Y’all are assuming that Carson knows that in order to go to heaven that his granny would have to die and he wouldn’t be able to see her again on earth, and I’m sure that isn’t what he meant. He hasn’t lost anyone close to him yet so he probably doesn’t even understand what that means. He has probably been taught that heaven is this wonderful place where you get to meet the best person ever (Jesus). I’m not surprised he thinks his granny should get to go to a place that great first, especially on Mother’s Day. IMO, this is the equivalent of a non-fundie kid saying I hope my granny gets to go somewhere she loves first. 

This.  My grandfather died when I was 5-6 and I didn't understand why everyone was so sad since Heaven was supposed to be so amazing...why weren't they happy he got to go?  I didn't understand death and certainly had no concept of it's permanace at that point.

Skeptic55

Erin posted a video of her and Tori playing violin with Bobby on the piano, and all the kids in Erin’s house. Do they not quarantine / shelter in place? No one I know is seeing family or friends right now under the circumstances ...

Bazinga
5 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

Erin posted a video of her and Tori playing violin with Bobby on the piano, and all the kids in Erin’s house. Do they not quarantine / shelter in place? No one I know is seeing family or friends right now under the circumstances ...

Is Tennessee opening up again? I honestly haven't looked, but maybe they have raised restrictions. Not condoning the behavior. Both the Bates and Duggars seem to do whatever they want.

Waffle Time
AussieKrissy
1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Is Tennessee opening up again? I honestly haven't looked, but maybe they have raised restrictions. Not condoning the behavior. Both the Bates and Duggars seem to do whatever they want.

they are washed in the blood..... barf

FunFunFundies
1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Tennessee is in the process of reopening. Our stay at home order expired on April 30th I believe.  

candygirl200413

I totally thought that baby was a doll because they were laying on the ground like that!

Waffle Time
AussieKrissy
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 3:29 AM, candygirl200413 said:

I totally thought that baby was a doll because they were laying on the ground like that!

It made me shudder. It’s so going to get stood on. The adults even had their back to him. I dunno it’s most probably perfectly safe. But i had to stop playing the clip because it made me uncomfortable. So many kids running round. Someone is going to trip and land on that baby. 
Edit to add or her. I assumed it was second K boy but it could have been second place name girl. I didn’t wAtch that long. 

Edited by AussieKrissy

SassyPants
15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

It made me shudder. It’s so going to get stood on. The adults even had their back to him. I dunno it’s most probably perfectly safe. But i had to stop playing the clip because it made me uncomfortable. So many kids running round. Someone is going to trip and land on that baby. 
Edit to add or her. I assumed it was second K boy but it could have been second place name girl. I didn’t wAtch that long. 

Agree about the safety issue. I think that was Erin’s youngest. Isn’t the K baby just weeks old?