IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

21 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is she the one married to the convicted rapist?

No, that one is Tabitha Paine Robertson.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is she the one married to the convicted rapist?

Or the one that honeymooned somewhere warm and had normal swimmers? (for some reason I thought that was a daughter in law and not a daughter).

Dakota is a daughter in law, not a sibling. She's married to Thomas Paine, I believe.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I bet getting pregnant again with such small children was another impetus towards starting blanket training a few weeks ago. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I bet getting pregnant again with such small children was another impetus towards starting blanket training a few weeks ago. 

I must have missed something. How do we know she just started blanket training a few weeks ago?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I must have missed something. How do we know she just started blanket training a few weeks ago?

She posted about it on an insta story, and I brought it up on page 3 of this thread. Her insta is private, so I couldn't share the post, but some other people saw it too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, lumpentheologie said:

She posted about it on an insta story, and I brought it up on page 3 of this thread. Her insta is private, so I couldn't share the post, but some other people saw it too. 

Ooh okay. I Misread and thought we were talking about Erin. Unless she has a private insta that I’m not aware of.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Ooh okay. I Misread and thought we were talking about Erin. Unless she has a private insta that I’m not aware of.

No I was talking about Dakota, who just announced her third pregnancy.  :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

She's still very fundie and what a POS, she said she doesn't "discipline" her kids but that sounds like careful wording and I bet she does hits them.

Whenever a fundie brings up the word "discipline" I have a feeling they refer to using the infamous rod on kids. Some of them explicitly equate disciplining with swatting, as if they were one and the same.

I can't imagine what sort of life these people lead. Some youtube fundie wives even admit that, on certain homeschooling days, "sometimes you feel like spanking (or disciplining) is all you do". Then, they have the nerve of claiming that "it works" and that after a full day of spanking, the kids go 2-3 days without repeating the same mistakes, before starting new tantrums/crises all over again. Hello? That's not a result of "spanking", that's how kids roll, on average. They lament how they're supposed to "save the children's souls". Toddlers are their #1 victims.

In fundie dictionary: beating = spanking = correction = disciplining. 

I am creeped out when they claim children to be "a joy" as I get the feeling that they don't enjoy them that much save for the times they turn into little droids.

Edited by FighterJet
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I’ve also heard/read fundie teaching that you can enjoy your children once they’re disciplined, i.e. force instant obedience and then they are enjoyable to you.

As if their independence and separateness and actual personality is what needs to be disciplined away. Nancy Campbell was big on this - discipline will make your home a haven of rest. So have a lot of children and force them to revolve around you so you won’t be stressed or inconvenienced by these blessings. It’s so toxic and deceptive. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

On 1/31/2020 at 6:51 PM, neuroticcat said:

So have a lot of children and force them to revolve around you so you won’t be stressed or inconvenienced by these blessings.

They'd lose their mind if they got a cat.  Minimal ability to discipline there.

My husband and I, on the other hand, love the little bastards even though they actively do the opposite of what we want regularly.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

17 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

They'd lose their mind if they got a cat.  Minimal ability to discipline there.

My husband and I, on the other hand, love the little bastards even though they actively do the opposite of what we want regularly.

I have 3 of the little bastards...they're motivated by food. The best I can say is they're fully litterbox trained. They may or may not come when called, they may or may not stay off the counters, yeah, not a Jill critter

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Cats are headships.  You obey them, not the other way around.?

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

For all I complained about my own spankings, I agree. Look at Lori Alexander. Spanking for her didn't mean one or two swats on the butt. It meant repeatedly hitting a two year old for dropping raisins -- over and over and over again for almost an entire day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2

6 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

For all I complained about my own spankings, I agree. Look at Lori Alexander. Spanking for her didn't mean one or two swats on the butt. It meant repeatedly hitting a two year old for dropping raisins -- over and over and over again for almost an entire day. 

I interview children as a part of my job and this perfectly illustrates why it's so important to ask follow up questions. They may say that they get put in a time out. But a time out means being locked in their room for 24+ hrs. Or that they stand in the corner. But actually they have to stand on one foot for 20 mins and if they inevitably fail they have to start over until they do it. Or that they get spanked but it's a situation like you described with Lori Alexander. People do horrible things to their children in the disguise of normal discipline. 

• Sad 16
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Calypso said:

I interview children as a part of my job and this perfectly illustrates why it's so important to ask follow up questions. They may say that they get put in a time out. But a time out means being locked in their room for 24+ hrs. Or that they stand in the corner. But actually they have to stand on one foot for 20 mins and if they inevitably fail they have to start over until they do it. Or that they get spanked but it's a situation like you described with Lori Alexander. People do horrible things to their children in the disguise of normal discipline. 

My best friend growing up was spanked by her dad. A spanking for her was being beaten with two belts at a time all over her body. My spankings were usually one or two swats. Her dad was a pastor and thought it was okay. He once beat her little sister in front of the entire church congregation, on her back and butt, because he thought she had been on her phone.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 14
  • WTF 6

On 2/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Cats are headships.  You obey them, not the other way around.?

100%.  Dogs have masters.....cats have staff.    

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Definitely not a buy used or frugally family anymore. I’m not even sure if the Bates really were?

Anyways, newest Baby girl is wearing a copper pearl swaddle and a Ryan and rose pacifer and clip in newest post. I think copper pearl runs 20-30? But that clip and paci are $32 retail 

Great pacifers though ? I’ve spent too much money on them after she would take no others. But my daughter also has a room all to herself 

Edited by OldFadedStar
  • Upvote 4

I realised that with all the babies born I can't remember the baby's name. Is it Holland? Or was that the middle name? I still have a hard time remembering Everly's name.  I will say that now that she has 4 under4 she finally slowed down her social media pictures.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Definitely not a buy used or frugally family anymore. I’m not even sure if the Bates really were?

Anyways, newest Baby girl is wearing a copper pearl swaddle and a Ryan and rose pacifer and clip in newest post. I think copper pearl runs 20-30? But that clip and paci are $32 retail 

Great pacifers though ? I’ve spent too much money on them after she would take no others. But my daughter also has a room all to herself 

Agree! I just bought my son one Copper and Pearl sleeper because I loved it very much but it was for the steep price of $30ish.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, JMO said:

I realised that with all the babies born I can't remember the baby's name. Is it Holland? Or was that the middle name? I still have a hard time remembering Everly's name.  I will say that now that she has 4 under4 she finally slowed down her social media pictures.  

I think that it is four under five as Carson is currently four and will be five in May. Sorry to nitpick but I know that it is a badge of honour in their circles to have x kids under x and I take perverse pleasure in the fact that Erin has not achieved this. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Bates were very poor, much poorer than Duggars. Not that they wanted to be frugal, is that they HAD to be. They were Rodrigues level, but with healthier-looking physical features and better outfits (even with their ugly frumpers!), which make them look fine.

Anyway, despite Holland wearing an expensive item (maybe a birth gift?), Erin is definitely frugal. Her kids have less clothes than their cousins and barely no toys, she herself wears cheap clothes and cheap make up, and her decoration items are often just painted and reused.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bates were very poor, much poorer than Duggars. Not that they wanted to be frugal, is that they HAD to be. They were Rodrigues level, but with healthier-looking physical features and better outfits (even with their ugly frumpers!), which make them look fine.

Anyway, despite Holland wearing an expensive item (maybe a birth gift?), Erin is definitely frugal. Her kids have less clothes than their cousins and barely no toys, she herself wears cheap clothes and cheap make up, and her decoration items are often just painted and reused.

And because they were less financially secure, at least their kids are willing to work beyond the TV show to become more financially stable themselves. Necessity being the mother of all inventions, the 2nd generation Bates are doing far better than the Duggars. Gil isn’t selling houses to his many blessing for a dollar and bragging about how the kids bought their own houses.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

And because they were less financially secure, at least their kids are willing to work beyond the TV show to become more financially stable themselves. Necessity being the mother of all inventions, the 2nd generation Bates are doing far better than the Duggars. Gil isn’t selling houses to his many blessing for a dollar and bragging about how the kids bought their own houses.

This is a very good point. 

I know I saw Willow with a Ryan and rose pacifer once too. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Angelface said:

I think that it is four under five as Carson is currently four and will be five in May. Sorry to nitpick but I know that it is a badge of honour in their circles to have x kids under x and I take perverse pleasure in the fact that Erin has not achieved this. 

I guess she can still say four 4 and under?

• Upvote 4

Anyone watching Carlin’s insta stories?

Why is Erin playing these ‘games’ with the baby carrier hanging down like that? It looks completely stupid and like she is going to trip at any minute.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic