IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

I might be wrong but I thought the insta story was from wherever they keep their stock (I thought they had a designated space?) and I did see Michaela holding one of the little girls....

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I might be wrong but I thought the insta story was from wherever they keep their stock (I thought they had a designated space?) and I did see Michaela holding one of the little girls....

The girl is named Alana, that was the one Carlin taged in her picture, its not the first time Alana or another girl is seen babysiting for them. Definetely not Michaella unless she sudenly went blond.

And they mentioned in an episode of the show they would have the storage room in whitneys and Zach house, since their house was the bigger one and only one spacious enought. But it is posible they have since moved to another place, i havent keep up that much. The place kinda looks like a shed in a back garden though.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I’d never really seen any Taryn Yager photos before and so wasn’t sure what y’all meant about the blurring. Then I went onto the Bates Family Blog by Lily and Ellie and... holy cow. Now I get it.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Resident old-ish lady piping in: Back in my day, we just took our babies to Olan Mills and got their picture taken. We had to walk to the mall in 4 feet snow uphill pushing a stroller too. When I had my last baby, A Picture Place? The Picture Place? came out at the mall but it was our third and I was lazy so I framed a cute pic my one mom-friend had taken of her. What happens when she has 15 precious snowflakes? They will need a bigger house not just for bunkers-I-mean-bedrooms, but also for wall space for alllllll those pictures. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Resident old-ish lady piping in: Back in my day, we just took our babies to Olan Mills and got their picture taken. We had to walk to the mall in 4 feet snow uphill pushing a stroller too. When I had my last baby, A Picture Place? The Picture Place? came out at the mall but it was our third and I was lazy so I framed a cute pic my one mom-friend had taken of her. What happens when she has 15 precious snowflakes? They will need a bigger house not just for bunkers-I-mean-bedrooms, but also for wall space for alllllll those pictures. 

I am curious what she charges them as well for newborn pics- or maybe she doesn't and uses them as free advertising. I skipped out on newborn pics for my son because they are just so expensive- idk how people can spend $500 on pictures right after adding another person to your family...especially in america where right after giving birth you are on unpaid leave waiting for your thousands of dollars of doctor and hospital bills to roll in. I hate trying to find affordable photographers these days when all I want is just a few simple family photos. Most of the discount studios have shut down so you end up having to scour social media to find local amateurs or pay the processional studio sitting fees plus printing (which I understand why they charge so much and the amount of work they put in but I can't justify the cost if I want updated pics yearly). We recently drove about 45 minutes north just to go to one of the only JCPenney studios left in our state so we could have a nice updated picture for our Christmas card and only had to pay about $115 to get all rights to the pictures plus we got like 25 free Christmas cards.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

What happens when she has 15 precious snowflakes? They will need a bigger house not just for bunkers-I-mean-bedrooms, but also for wall space for alllllll those pictures. 

Every 17 months for the next 15 years she'll change all of the pictures on the wall to just newborn pictures of the latest blessing. And updated pictures of Carson the golden child.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

New family photos are up holy blur at it again. Brookie’s face looking at Everly kissing the baby cracks me up. And would any man willingly pick and wear that kind of cardigan?... lol 

E70DE7A9-9F03-4B48-A98B-3EC5FCD8ECD7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday Erin's sister-in-law, Dakota Paine, posted a series of insta stories defending her use of blanket training on her toddler and six-month-old baby.  In the past some people have suggested that Dakota is less fundie because she wears pants and normal clothes. But this is just a reminder that you can look totally normal and still be fundie af. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Yesterday Erin's sister-in-law, Dakota Paine, posted a series of insta stories defending her use of blanket training on her toddler and six-month-old baby.  In the past some people have suggested that Dakota is less fundie because she wears pants and normal clothes. But this is just a reminder that you can look totally normal and still be fundie af. 

I saw it. She basically said "God" entrusted her with her kids and everyone should mind their own business because she knows what's better for her children.

She's still very fundie and what a POS, she said she doesn't "discipline" her kids but that sounds like careful wording and I bet she does hits them.

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 12/15/2019 at 8:38 AM, AussieKrissy said:

New family photos are up holy blur at it again. Brookie’s face looking at Everly kissing the baby cracks me up. And would any man willingly pick and wear that kind of cardigan?... lol 

E70DE7A9-9F03-4B48-A98B-3EC5FCD8ECD7.png

Brooklyn looks like shes so over all this, cant blame the girl. #FreeBrooklyn

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Brooklyn looks like shes so over all this, cant blame the girl. #FreeBrooklyn

Brooklyn has one of the most expressive faces. She should not attempt poker. I dread the ways they will try to get that out of her habits so she can keep it sweet. 

I have a good friend who is a photographer of weddings and now babies. Her photos are way over the top with props and costumes/sets that she hand makes. I see them on Facebook all the time and wonder about the logistics and feasibility of doing all that for a baby photo shoot. She loves it though and adores children, saying she gets to be creative with them. I prefer to go with the adage of not working with children or animals. 

These family photos with Holland are making me cringe. Yes, I'm over the pics of mom and dad gazing lovingly at the baby who is asleep. But wrapping the baby up like a burrito with only the head out and holding said child like you just won a race or tournament doesn't quite look right either. These photos look incredibly awkward and forced. Yes, it is hard to get multiple children to focus but why does Erin look like she's about to toss Holland up in the air like a football? 

• Upvote 9

On 12/15/2019 at 2:38 AM, AussieKrissy said:

My husband has a similar Gap cardigan. I love it. ??‍♀️ 

D639C5AB-13CB-4EA1-A43E-75091810BFA1.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

My husband has a similar Gap cardigan. I love it. ??‍♀️ 

My husband would love it, too. Also it's trendy, there are many cardigans like that in fashionable stores. 

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I don't doubt Dakota is fundie. But discipline and trainings are not necessary an evidence of someone being into fundamentalism. Unfortunately I know a lot of parents who have sleeptrained kids and forced feedings, who are not religious at all.

I know that fundamentalist beliefs make easier (or even mandatory) to use harsh discipline. But one person can become fundie lite or even not fundie at all, and still believe that kids must be raised to shut up and obey.

From all the fundies we discuss, I have hope for a very few of them using a gentle parenting way. Jessa is one that, for her comments, may be understanding natural children reactions and she seems open to try softer parenting techniques than her mother. Not saying she's perfect or that she does not hit, but at least she tries a better way. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't doubt Dakota is fundie. But discipline and trainings are not necessary an evidence of someone being into fundamentalism. Unfortunately I know a lot of parents who have sleeptrained kids and forced feedings, who are not religious at all.

I know that fundamentalist beliefs make easier (or even mandatory) to use harsh discipline. But one person can become fundie lite or even not fundie at all, and still believe that kids must be raised to shut up and obey.

From all the fundies we discuss, I have hope for a very few of them using a gentle parenting way. Jessa is one that, for her comments, may be understanding natural children reactions and she seems open to try softer parenting techniques than her mother. Not saying she's perfect or that she does not hit, but at least she tries a better way. 

I totally agree that physical discipline and harsher parenting isn't limited to fundies at all!  I just think blanket training is much worse than "regular" spanking (not to mention sleep training, which I'm not going to judge anyone for using, especially when dealing with very limited or non-existent parental leave).

Blanket training is meant not just to keep a child in one place, but to destroy their natural curiosity and replace it with fear and obedience. It also involves hitting babies, which most parents won't do even if they do spank older children. And they could totally exist, but I don't know of any non-fundies who blanket train, since it comes from the Pearls' book.  

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

Sharing some of my own pathology here...

I still sometimes struggle with feeling like messing up makes me "bad." Whether you are religious and believe in sin or just a person with a comprehensive worldview, you probably identify a difference between things that are moral/immoral and things that are just errors/mistakes/screw-ups. 

When I mess up and forget to email someone back at work, I tend to feel like I'm a bad person who did a bad thing. This becomes really debilitating sometimes because I get paralyzed or spiral into negativity. In reality, everyone screws up at work sometimes and even if someone is bad at a job or at something practical in life, that doesn't mean they are bad. Being deliberately mean to someone at work, on the other hand, does indicate a failing of your character. There is still room to apologize, make amends, and grow beyond your existing weaknesses. But it is a different kind of "wrong" to lose your temper on the phone with customer service versus to forget to pay your bill on time.

Blanket training, and many fundie discipline methods, seem to me to eliminate these distinctions. Obedience is the absolute. For them, mistakes are signs of a selfish heart as much as angry outbursts are. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

34 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

When I mess up and forget to email someone back at work, I tend to feel like I'm a bad person who did a bad thing. This becomes really debilitating sometimes because I get paralyzed or spiral into negativity. In reality, everyone screws up at work sometimes and even if someone is bad at a job or at something practical in life, that doesn't mean they are bad. Being deliberately mean to someone at work, on the other hand, does indicate a failing of your character. There is still room to apologize, make amends, and grow beyond your existing weaknesses. But it is a different kind of "wrong" to lose your temper on the phone with customer service versus to forget to pay your bill on time.

Wow, I struggle with this so much and I wasn't even raised religiously. It must be so hard for those kids who escape to try to undo it all.  

• Upvote 11

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

My husband would love it, too. Also it's trendy, there are many cardigans like that in fashionable stores. 

I have never seen anything like that for sale in Australia.

We don't have many snowy areas and our winters are quite mild in most areas (compared to the Nth Hemishere) 

Which is most probably why I could never imagine a guy wearing it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2019 at 1:44 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I completely disagree. I follow Dakota on instagram. I think she just used an unfortunate phrase while asking other moms for advice. She has two very young kids and asked for help with the toddler. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SHERA said:

I completely disagree. I follow Dakota on instagram. I think she just used an unfortunate phrase while asking other moms for advice. She has two very young kids and asked for help with the toddler. 

Could you expand on why you think this? I also follow Dakota (I'd have to, since her account is private), and she seemed very adamant about defending blanket training in the face of criticism from her followers. 

I don't see how "blanket training" can just be an unfortunate phrase when used by a daughter-in-law of the Paines, who are neck-deep in IBLP and very likely blanket trained their own children. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 16

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Could you expand on why you think this? I also follow Dakota (I'd have to, since her account is private), and she seemed very adamant about defending blanket training in the face of criticism from her followers. 

I don't see how "blanket training" can just be an unfortunate phrase when used by a daughter-in-law of the Paines, who are neck-deep in IBLP and very likely blanket trained their own children. 

Did you see her original insta story? That would have been a clue.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SHERA said:

Did you see her original insta story? That would have been a clue.

I think I missed it, could you (or anyone else who saw) describe it?  

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 2

When my nieces and nephew were babies my sister did blanket time.  If wasn't even remotely abusive.  It was playing with baby on a blanket.  Sometimes the cat got involved, and it was hilarious to watch.  Thanks fundies for putting an abusive spin on this form playtime.  Evil, abusive assholes!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 12/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, freethemall said:

I'm not sure I agree with this. Parenting is a 24 hour job for BOTH parents. Staying home with 4 kids (or even 1) is a lot of work. At 5 o'clock they're both exhausted from physically demanding jobs so I dont think one is particularly entitled to more rest than the other. Plus imagine all the time she is pregnant and parenting, which is also likely more emotionally taxing than Chad's job. He should indeed be helping out however he can because just because you're home all day doesn't mean you have time to do all the chores. 

Sorry. But no. A stay at home mom’s job is literally doing the house chores and caring for the kids. I do all the chores around the house and a work 40 plus hours a week in a demanding job. I have an arrangement where I come in at 6 and leave at 2 to get my kids. My afternoons are spent as a stay at home mom with homework, housework and lessons and tutors. I volunteer at the school and with the PTA and help my husband run his business. Oh yeah and part of my deal at work is that I am basically on cal 24/7 so I work too. 

I also spend countless hours here. And my house is pretty darn clean and perfect.

My husband, who works 50 plus hours a week, handles the morning routine and the yard work.  

Chad’s work is physically demanding and I guarantee he working much more than 40 hours a week to make that kind of small business work. He is exhausted. We can see it.

Buttercup needs to suck it up.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Sorry. But no. A stay at home mom’s job is literally doing the house chores and caring for the kids. I do all the chores around the house and a work 40 plus hours a week in a demanding job. I have an arrangement where I come in at 6 and leave at 2 to get my kids. My afternoons are spent as a stay at home mom with homework, housework and lessons and tutors. I volunteer at the school and with the PTA and help my husband run his business. Oh yeah and part of my deal at work is that I am basically on cal 24/7 so I work too. 

I also spend countless hours here. And my house is pretty darn clean and perfect.

My husband, who works 50 plus hours a week, handles the morning routine and the yard work.  

Chad’s work is physically demanding and I guarantee he working much more than 40 hours a week to make that kind of small business work. He is exhausted. We can see it.

Buttercup needs to suck it up.

Fuck me. I’m tired just reading that. 
can I have some of what drives you?

It’s two hours and ten mins  until Xmas and only half the Halloween decorations are away and there is no tree up yet. The kid just feel asleep. 
Seriously jealous of people like you who are driven and organised. Never has been me. 
Merry Xmas :) to you and everyone on fj

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic