IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 7: Grifter in Utero

GreyhoundFan

Would never have thought to call that a cock knot, but if you say so,.. I think the biggest problem with it is the placement, it might be cute if she'd done it on the side of the dress and not smack in the middle all weird and shit. I'd personally call this a a 'not knot'. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

If you’ve ever seen people online making fun of Lularoe, a “dick knot” is often mentioned. But theirs are worse because they will often put the knot right in the middle bottom part of a shirt. Very close to the crotchular area. It’s hilariously obscene.

Example: Far right knot is just too close to the crotch area to be cute. If you can’t tell, Lularoe loves them some knots...

4995BF25-30F4-42E4-94BF-E3F848724CDD.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

That third knot is interesting ? I've never tied a knot in my clothes (well not since the 80's anyways) but without knots this shirt? dress? would just be a shapeless blue tent.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

That third knot is interesting ? I've never tied a knot in my clothes (well not since the 80's anyways) but without knots this shirt? dress? would just be a shapeless blue tent.

Certainly wouldn’t withstand “modesty” standards, ?. 2 and 4 are ok because there isn’t such a pull on the fabric.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Kelsey said:

That’s always how Lularoe has been. They sell big baggy dresses and shirts so anyone can wear them. And they have their sellers act like they are super versatile. Because you can knot them a bunch of ways or you can add a belt. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, Smash! said:

[edited for conciseness]. Trump is a good example...But still they are human beings who deserve to be treated as such...Absolutely no human being is just bad.

Late to the party on this one.  I do understand the overall point of your complete post, but I have a genuine and non-snarky question:  if the Orange Monster is not all bad, what are his good qualities?  I truly do not know of any.

and at what point would the evil things he’s said/done/believed cease to be countered by any good traits? Can someone commit multiple atrocities and still be considered not completely bad?

to reiterate, I’m not being snarky; I’m just looking for perspective. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

Late to the party on this one.  I do understand the overall point of your complete post, but I have a genuine and non-snarky question:  if the Orange Monster is not all bad, what are his good qualities?  I truly do not know of any.
and at what point would the evil things he’s said/done/believed cease to be countered by any good traits? Can someone commit multiple atrocities and still be considered not completely bad?

No worries, you are making a good point. English is not my first language so sometimes I lack the vocabulary to explain my point precisely. I think from the perspective from most of us Trump is horrible and the damage he's doing to the democracy will impact and weaken the US for years. Still he has friends, people who love him and think he's the best. Just because we don't see his qualities doesn't mean he doesn't have any.
Or maybe it's entirely subjective what being a good person is?
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

No worries, you are making a good point. English is not my first language so sometimes I lack the vocabulary to explain my point precisely. I think from the perspective from most of us Trump is horrible and the damage he's doing to the democracy will impact and weaken the US for years. Still he has friends, people who love him and think he's the best. Just because we don't see his qualities doesn't mean he doesn't have any.
Or maybe it's entirely subjective what being a good person is?

@Smash!, fair enough.  I definitely agree with you on subjectivity; his friends and fans may think his racism and misogyny are good traits. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, catlady said:

He's in love with his oldest daughter?  I don't know. I can't think of anything. :tw_joy:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, catlady said:

@Smash!, fair enough.  I definitely agree with you on subjectivity; his friends and fans may think his racism and misogyny are good traits. 

Most who claim to be friends or even fans say they appreciate his candor and blunt talk. I think you are correct though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Most who claim to be friends or even fans say they appreciate his candor and blunt talk. 

I think this is true, too.  But I hate it because I’ve always felt that “telling it like it is” is just an excuse to be a jerk and hurt people’s feelings.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

He doesn’t tell it like it is. He’s a lying liar who lies. Which is the opposite of telling it like it is. And he’s a jerk who hurts people’s feelings. While lying. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 6

16 minutes ago, Johannah said:

He doesn’t tell it like it is. He’s a lying liar who lies. Which is the opposite of telling it like it is. And he’s a jerk who hurts people’s feelings. While lying. 

True. But that's now how his supporters or friends/family see it. They see that as telling it like it is. Perhaps he is telling them like how they want to believe it is.

Back on the topic of Carlin. I will give her credit. On last night's episode she was much lower key and more sincere than I ever thought she would be at her wedding shower. She would still totally get on my nerves, but she wasn't bouncy and screechy like she can be so many times. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

True. But that's now how his supporters or friends/family see it. They see that as telling it like it is. Perhaps he is telling them like how they want to believe it is.

Back on the topic of Carlin. I will give her credit. On last night's episode she was much lower key and more sincere than I ever thought she would be at her wedding shower. She would still totally get on my nerves, but she wasn't bouncy and screechy like she can be so many times. 

Maybe marriage and pregnancy will calm her down a bit. I’ve seen it happen. People just grow up. Maybe she will too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I worry about Carlin’s mental health sometimes. She gets very emotional and appears to feel unworthy and genuinely surprised when she is happy.  Normally this wouldn’t nag at me, but didn’t Kelly or Gil discuss her being down or depressed as a kid?  

She does seem very grateful and comes off like the opposite of Tori.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, TeaELSee said:

I worry about Carlin’s mental health sometimes. She gets very emotional and appears to feel unworthy and genuinely surprised when she is happy.  Normally this wouldn’t nag at me, but didn’t Kelly or Gil discuss her being down or depressed as a kid?  

She does seem very grateful and comes off like the opposite of Tori.

Tori isn't discussed as much, but I find her to be much more entitled seeming then Carlin. I can't quite explain it. She always acts like people should just do things for her from the wedding to the apartment to the nursery. She made a comment in one of the last season episodes and all I remember is her saying "well bobby will do it." She just reminds me of the stereotype of Kelly and Michelle. She'll just have babies until one is old enough and someone else takes over the hard part. 

Carlin to me is obnoxious because she knows it's her way to get screentime and attention when she'd otherwise be overshadowed. That's not on her as much Gil and and Kelly, who didn't give their kids the proper time and attention. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Tori isn't discussed as much, but I find her to be much more entitled seeming then Carlin. I can't quite explain it. She always acts like people should just do things for her from the wedding to the apartment to the nursery. She made a comment in one of the last season episodes and all I remember is her saying "well bobby will do it." She just reminds me of the stereotype of Kelly and Michelle. She'll just have babies until one is old enough and someone else takes over the hard part. 

Carlin to me is obnoxious because she knows it's her way to get screentime and attention when she'd otherwise be overshadowed. That's not on her as much Gil and and Kelly, who didn't give their kids the proper time and attention. 

ITA about Tori giving off a very Kelly vibe. I'm curious to see what her and Bobby's numbers ultimately end up being considering I'm pretty sure Bobby is an only child. If Tori's in charge I'm guessing they'll hit double digits, but if Bobby eventually comes to his senses they'll probably end up with a max of eight.

Contextually the numbers in these families is so weird. In most families eight would be huge, but with these families it seems pretty average.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Tori always seems super selfish and ungrateful to others. Maybe not totally fair to judge her based on the few scenes she has been on the show but on the other hand nobody is cuting Nathan any slack for that one time he made comments about her wedding hairdo.

• Upvote 9

It’s possible Tori is just extremely uncomfortable having any attention on her and her awkwardness and discomfort comes across as seeming ungrateful. At the wedding shower for instance she loathed opening gifts in front of a crowd and was terrified to get up and speak to thank the crowd for coming. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Johannah said:

It’s possible Tori is just extremely uncomfortable having any attention on her and her awkwardness and discomfort comes across as seeming ungrateful. At the wedding shower for instance she loathed opening gifts in front of a crowd and was terrified to get up and speak to thank the crowd for coming. 

I can definitely understand this. If it wasn't rude to wait to open them in private I would have. It was very nerve racking for me even though I knew everybody there.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I can definitely understand this. If it wasn't rude to wait to open them in private I would have. It was very nerve racking for me even though I knew everybody there.

They made me open gifts publicly at my wedding shower and I hated it so much that I refused to have a baby shower unless I could forego the presents opening. I don’t think it’s rude to wait. Why would it be? 

• Upvote 6

Sometimes cultural differences are so interesting. Here opening presents in front of guests is acceptable at Christmas and birthdays but I don’t think people do it on weddings/christenings/big birthday parties. We don’t have showers normally so it would kind of interrupt the main occasion and it’s definitely seen as coming across as being all about the gifts instead of your party/guests. I would hate to do it (but I can not make my facial expression fake anything to save me) and I imagine watching someone opening tons of gifts as a pretty boring thing.

On the other side, people who demand that their present is to be opened immediately in the front of others definitely get some raised eyebrows. It’s not about you darling and no one else is interested in what you got. Feels a lot like bragging. 

But, yeah it’s obviously depending on your background/cultural traditions if this things are the norm or not and how they are perceived.

(Same for the money versus thing gifts at weddings. Here most couples have lived together for years. They just don’t need or want things in most cases. So money it is. And people often get to know to what they contributed, honeymoon/vacation, activities, bigger purchases.)

• Upvote 6

Count me in as another who hates opening gifts in front of people! I thank people of course but I feel so awkward and I’m afraid someone can tell if I don’t absolutely love the gift. At my baby shower, I opened gifts very quickly. Thankfully everyone was finishing up their meals and chatting so maybe they didn’t notice how awkward I felt. 

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic