IGNORED

Andrea Mills 2: Watching Tom Appear to Lose His Mind

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It seems easy for you to agree to disagree, but what about the parents whose children were murdered while at school and have to face people like Andrea calling them liars? What about the families of 9/11 who have to listen deal with the vile spewings of people like Andrea? What about her children who are raised being indoctrinated with hate and racism? There is a hell of a lot of privilege in "agreeing to disagree" with people who ooze pure hate and attempt to strip others of rights like Andrea did. Many people don't have the privilege to act so casually about the evil that Andrea preached because it is their lives that are being impacted by these beliefs.

Before praising her, I would stop and think long and hard about the people who suffer because of beliefs like Andrea's. 

I never saw her Sandy Hook video or knew of it before she died.  Therefore, that didn't influence my opinion of the family while she was alive.  The other stuff I saw that I objected to was stuff that made her sound like a kook rather that pure hatred.  Perhaps I would have felt differently had I seen the Sandy Hook video before it was removed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I find the parenting style there incredibly disturbing - authoritarian, neglectful and squashing individuality.  And this continual "the kids are fine", "the kids don't mind" nonsense is absolutely dehumanizing and distancing themselves from the harm they're suffering.

I think Andrea just did what a lot of these fundies do - put a sweet voice and appealing to some (in this case apparently kooky) gloss on harmful parenting, fundamentalism, and far-right insanity.  I wouldn't wish what happened to her on anyone, but at the same time, a bad thing happening to someone doesn't undo the flaws they had.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Therefore, that didn't influence my opinion of the family while she was alive.

It doesn't seem to have influenced your opinion now that she's dead either.  You said upthread that you still like this "family",  in a post you wrote long after the Sandy Hook false flag disclosure. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

It doesn't seem to have influenced your opinion now that she's dead either.  You said upthread that you still like this "family",  in a post you wrote long after the Sandy Hook false flag disclosure. 

I can't be influenced by what I haven't seen. You seem truly offended that I like the family. Not sure why you care, but okay. As I said upthread, I find it possible to like people who I don't agree with. Most people have good mixed with the bad. Life is too short to focus on the bad all the time. If I black listed every human I came across in life because of having an opinion I find offensive of objectionable I'd probably have to live life as a hermit as I wouldn't like anyone. That's what I despise about our current political culture... everyone in politics  refuses to see the good points from the other side and just shut down dialogue, rather than try to see the other's view and meet in the middle somewhere. I've lost hope in our political leaders ever being civil enough to meet in the middle but I still try to do it in my personal life.  I find most people interesting and enjoy knowing about their lives, even if they have views I find harmful. Most people have some good in them. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I can't be influenced by what I haven't seen.

Sure you can. I haven't seen it either, don't want to and don't have to. The fact that others here have seen it and attest to the vile content is enough for me to write off the Mills "family".

. You seem truly offended that I like the family. Not sure why you care, but okay.

I'm no offended at all, don't get it wrong. I just don't see what there is to like.

f I black listed every human I came across in life because of having an opinion I find offensive of objectionable I'd probably have to live life as a hermit as I wouldn't like anyone.

You obviously didn't read the meme. Not everyone has vile and hateful or just plain crazy views like the Mills.

everyone in politics  refuses to see the good points from the other side

Just like in Charlottsville, where the current dumpster fire of a president said that there were good people on both sides. Sure. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

rather than try to see the other's view and meet in the middle somewhere

I'm not trying to meet in the middle of hate.

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I find most people interesting and enjoy knowing about their lives, even if they have views I find harmful.

I would never say I enjoy knowing about the lives of harmful people, but OK.  I find this Mills stuff interesting, didn't know a thing about these folks until these threads. Can't say I've enjoyed reading about them though.

Please address some of the comments other than mine. Like the one which asked you how you would feel if it was your child that got killed at Sandy Hook.

You are totally minimizing the extreme and fringe nature of their beliefs, which are batshit crazy.  Some of what you say has merit regarding compromise and the like, but it doesn't apply when dealing with hateful extremists. They can't be reasoned with.

That's all I have to say.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 7

Can anyone who knows the subjects of the videos that were removed from Youtube tell us what they were? I'm taking people's word for it that they were hateful, but would like to know more.

I've been trying to learn more about this family, and what their lives were like when Andrea was alive. So I've watched some of the everyday videos.

It struck me, reading through the previous thread, how often the word "calming" was used for Andrea. And I think that's part of the issue, part of how she came off as so benign when she was not.

In the videos I watched, I could see that she had the abilities of a good primary-grade classroom teacher. She kept her voice moderated, her expression kind and often amused (she really noticed when any of the kids were trying to make her laugh, and rewarded them with a chuckle), and she had a great rhythm for moving her attention around the room and making sure everyone knew they were noticed.

She let the kids express negative opinions about things, and really listened to them. She touched them often, and seemed open to being interrupted, grabbed or hugged at any time. She tailored the decorative parts of their homeschool materials to their tastes, could engage the little ones with activities and manipulatives, and seemed to be teaching them some real skills (whether it was the fault of ACE or her, it struck me the older kids were still getting a little-kid curriculum, though).

The videos were edited for maximum cuteness, and all of that cheerful music was added. That alone could hypnotize most people.

And, of course, all of that is even more reason, to me, to find her chilling. Those kids were being held back educationally, trapped in so many ways, and raised with lies, hate and woo, in a cheerful, calm atmosphere.

It seems to me that it would be easier for kids to give up on a screamer like PP, a whiner like JIll Rod, or a zoom-crash bipolar like John Shrader. If a hateful parent has a troublesome way of behaving, it might help a child see the flaws faster if they grow and learn more about the world and if they want to make other choices.

But Andrea was so patient, so calm, so kind to them. Unless there was some yelling or Pearl-like crap we didn't see, the control was exerted, and the hateful beliefs taught, with a velvet glove.

And, since she died young, tragically and fairly unexpectedly, she is now a martyr, a fondly-remembered loving ghost. Everything she believed and taught could be immortalized, preserved in amber, made gospel. It's hard for even an independent, smart teen to rebel against that.

:scared-whoa:

Also, just the fact that she made all of those videos troubles me. Even if she'd been a perfect mother otherwise, and on my wavelength about education, humanity and politics, I would still have problems with it.

I think that putting children on display for the whole world to see is always wrong. Make a private video to show the relatives your kids' first steps and Suzuki recitals - don't make your children's entire lives a show for total strangers.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 29
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

9 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Can anyone who knows the subjects of the videos that were removed from Youtube tell us what they were?

There was one of the not-nice videos on the prior thread I believe, I just went looking for it and could not find it. Maybe someone who is more search savvy than me can link to it here.  One of the videos was about how Sandy Hook was fake.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

One of the videos was about how Sandy Hook was fake.

That one I saw, thanks. I just remember someone posting about how the others were even worse :shock: but nobody specifying their subject matter.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

That one I saw, thanks. I just remember someone posting about how the others were even worse :shock: but nobody specifying their subject matter.

Don't see how anything could be much worse, but there's this: "She was all into all the conspiracy theories about Obama faking mass shootings to take guns.  She was a 9/11 denier. One of her videos we discussed initially was removed from YouTube because it was so vile it violated the terms of services. " -taken from the former thread, written by formergothardite

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Don't see how anything could be much worse,

Hence my shocked emoji. Worse?!

But, sadly, if the others were removed from Youtube, they could be worse.

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

One of her videos we discussed initially was removed from YouTube because it was so vile it violated the terms of services

I want to know the specifics of her vileness, I guess, so that I'm not just throwing "she taught hate" out there.

• Upvote 4

@thoughtful did you see the Sandy Hook video in this thread or the prior one? Do you think you could link to it? Perhaps @Queen Of Heartscould finally see it then.

10 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I want to know the specifics of her vileness, I guess, so that I'm not just throwing "she taught hate" out there.

I don't want to know any more, it seems clear she was not really a nice person, whether you want to classify her videos as hateful or not. Note that the quote attributed to me above was actually the words of formergothardite. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

did you see the Sandy Hook video in this thread or the prior one? Do you think you could link to it?

I found the post, but the video has now been removed, by Tom, I think:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

While searching for any information about the removed videos, I found this. Lots of annoying jumpy camera work, sniffling, glottal stops instead of the letter T, "y'all," sad music, and another source of income for Tom (and a way to get people to this woman's shop); tee shirts in memory of Andrea:

• Sad 2
  • WTF 4

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

There was one of the not-nice videos on the prior thread I believe, I just went looking for it and could not find it. Maybe someone who is more search savvy than me can link to it here.  One of the videos was about how Sandy Hook was fake.

It definitely was here Tom was referring to in his recent Facebook post as the video I shared here on the 12th October is now gone (Hello Tom and/or Rachel)  If he didn't feel it was an issue or he was proud of his wife to have so snarky herself, why take it down? A glimpse into the real Andrea a bit too unsettling to share Tom?
Other videos were about other shooting events, overseas military activity and (I think Facebook not Youtube but I could be wrong) 9/11. She absolutely hated Obama so most 'made-up' events were in his timeframe or before GW's reign.

I did see this when I went searching the other video though. This is from Feb 2017.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

While searching for any information about the removed videos, I found this. Lots of annoying jumpy camera work, sniffling, glottal stops instead of the letter T, "y'all," sad music, and another source of income for Tom (and a way to get people to this woman's shop); tee shirts in memory of Andrea:

The Texas Boys are horribly fundie. We believe this and Here is scripture to support it, comments off because they won’t debate it. Followed months or years later with we  No longer will be doing that thing and here is scripture to support our new position with comments off so no discussion can be had. Texas Mama is careful not to instruct men. Etc etc.... 

I think often the kids film her. Not sure why she can’t just prop the camera up or put it on a tripod.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder if Andrea's sudden death has made Tom look more into nutrition to be around for his kids for a long time. I know he's the picture of health and all food is good and everything but just wondering... 

I do hope this was an attempt at sarcasm or being facetious.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, under siege said:

It definitely was here Tom was referring to in his recent Facebook post as the video I shared here on the 12th October is now gone (Hello Tom and/or Rachel)  If he didn't feel it was an issue or he was proud of his wife to have so snarky herself, why take it down? A glimpse into the real Andrea a bit too unsettling to share Tom?
Other videos were about other shooting events, overseas military activity and (I think Facebook not Youtube but I could be wrong) 9/11. She absolutely hated Obama so most 'made-up' events were in his timeframe or before GW's reign.

Someone up-thread asked what Andrea specifically said in her videos that made it all so vile.
Well, it's not just what she said, it's the sickly-sweet albeit passive-aggressive why she spoke.  How was she vile? She not only spoke about horrific events being created by (mostly) Obama but used alternate news sources as proof. It's all faked so that politicians get certain Acts approved according to Andrea, (including planned parently - she was extreme in her views on that subject also).  She smiled her way through explaining how and why it was all made up and how we are all being duped for political gain.

I wish I had kept a copy of the video instead of just sharing it. It's very hard to explain what she said besides the basics. It was equality what how she said it that made it as bad as it was.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Like Trump lovers.

I am generally very agree to disagree with my friends.  I certainly don't expect to agree on every little thing, that would be boring. 

I have some otherwise intelligent friends that love Trump and it's SO fucking hard for me.  I had never unfriended someone on facebook over differing opinions until Trump.  I've actually pretty much given up facebook altogether just because I don't want to find out another person I like is a Trump supporter and have my heart broken over it.

I have one friend that I still talk to pretty often that can't understand why I liked Obama and LOVES Trump and we just don't talk politics.  When it does come up (like if other people are discussing it) it gets ugly :( 

I can understand being republican, just not loving Trump.   Most of my friends that love Trump are/were in the military or are spouses of people that were/are military.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

The ACE curriculum is enough for me to realize this is a family with extreme views. 

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, under siege said:

I do hope this was an attempt at sarcasm or being facetious.

Well Andrea and Tom have said somewhere that they believe they can eat anything and it's fine and both look/looked so unhealthy which is laughable to me that they felt they were doing just fine with all the soda, candy and little debbie. Denial? I guess? But in seriousness, I DO actually wonder if now that he is a sole parent, he is re-thinking some of that because his kids need him. Like maybe a light bulb about health has dawned now that he is responsible for so many kids and nothing can be taken for granted. He has to take care of himself to take care of others type of thing. So I was kind of sarcastic but kind of not. 

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

Well Andrea and Tom have said somewhere that they believe they can eat anything and it's fine and both look/looked so unhealthy which is laughable to me that they felt they were doing just fine with all the soda, candy and little debbie. Denial? I guess? But in seriousness, I DO actually wonder if now that he is a sole parent, he is re-thinking some of that because his kids need him. Like maybe a lihht bulb about health has dawned now that he is responsible for so many kids and nothing can be taken for granted. He has to take care of himself to take care of others type of thing. So I was kind of sarcastic but kind of not. 

I understand what you mean. However, I doubt that Tom will hear any kind of wake up call until either a) his mother or eventually new lady love will convince him otherwise or b) he gets a health scare himself.
He's constantly eating candy, especially his favourite Haribo, he shops all kinds of crap Andrea was never shown buying (and she certainly purchased enough as it was) and fruit & vegetables are not top of their choice (not a random, personal opinion here, going what they demanded from the Meal Train volunteers)
The reason I mention his mother is that she shares things like 'cancer linked to sugar intake' articles on her Facebook page and is relatively healthy.

I hope that he does change his eating ways for the sake of his children if he really does start giving a damn about them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Perhaps I would have felt differently had I seen the Sandy Hook video before it was removed.

Why do you not feel different just knowing she had videos removed for spreading hate? You are now aware that she spread Sandy Hook propaganda, why does that not bother you?

8 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Life is too short to focus on the bad all the time.

But by ignoring the bad, you are part of normalizing hate and normalizing theses beliefs. You can point out that she had some good homemaking skills while also admitting you don't admire her or support her because she spread vile propaganda that brought so much pain and suffering to people who are already hurting. If your child was murdered and you now had to spend your life being harassed by monsters claiming you never even had a kid to be murdered, how would you feel people just shrugged it off and said they couldn't be bothered to focus on bad stuff so they will praise the people who spread that propaganda? Do you seriously think the Sandy Hook, 9/11 and planned parenthood propaganda is just not a big deal? 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Can anyone who knows the subjects of the videos that were removed from Youtube tell us what they were? I'm taking people's word for it that they were hateful, but would like to know more.

There is one where about the Paris attack where she was super awful. There was another about Planned Parenthood and the bombings and shootings that they face, she claims they are all liars. She also in one of the videos denied Ebola. Andrea jumped on ever single hateful conspiracy theory there was. If she could attack a grieving parent she would. She would smirk and laugh at the grieving families in these videos. She spoke in these videos about how it was wrong for people to use medication to treat mental illness because Jesus and herbs would cure you. Andrea was a vile, vile person. I really can't grasp the idea that we should just pretend all the evil she spouted and indoctrinated her kids with didn't happen because she had some good homemaking ideas.  

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic