IGNORED

Andrea Mills 2: Watching Tom Appear to Lose His Mind

Coconut Flan

On the video "Kroger Haul $29.64 or $21.54?" did anyone notice the size of Rachel's pinky finger nail, minute 1:19... creepy

By the way they know who i am; like I would even care a bit... omfg!!!!

• Disgust 1

40 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

On the video "Kroger Haul $29.64 or $21.54?" did anyone notice the size of Rachel's pinky finger nail, minute 1:19... creepy

By the way they know who i am; like I would even care a bit... omfg!!!!

Isn’t having a long pinky nail like that a sign of cocaine use?

From urban dictionary:

“Coke Nail

When a person has one significantly longer fingernail on one or both hand(s), most often the pinkie nail, which is used for scooping up powder cocaine and snorting it. This is known as doing a bump. The nail becomes the vessel as opposed to needing an item to snort a line of coke through; ie, a straw, rolled up dollar bill, etc...”

I mean, it could just be bad hygiene, but... ??‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, there_is_no_fun_in_fundie said:

Isn’t having a long pinky nail like that a sign of cocaine use?

From urban dictionary:

“Coke Nail

When a person has one significantly longer fingernail on one or both hand(s), most often the pinkie nail, which is used for scooping up powder cocaine and snorting it. This is known as doing a bump. The nail becomes the vessel as opposed to needing an item to snort a line of coke through; ie, a straw, rolled up dollar bill, etc...”

I mean, it could just be bad hygiene, but... ??‍♀️

Idk about her, but for me my pinkie nails grow really fast and don’t break as easily as the nails on fingers that are used more often. My friends have always joked that I have a “coke nail” but in reality, my pinkie nails just grow stronger and faster than my other nails do. 

• Upvote 3

Mileena made a You Tube video about trolls harassing her and Tom. And this will come as no surprise, but creepy Rachel Day is all over the comments in her videos.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Mileena made a You Tube video about trolls harassing her and Tom. And this will come as no surprise, but creepy Rachel Day is all over the comments in her videos.

Tom replied to a comment on that video saying: "I KNEW you were the same person from that forum. I don't automatically know how to do Andrea's job just because I lived with her." in defense of not knowing how to parent his children. So it was only Andrea's job to care for his kids?! He didn't even deny it, he just stood by the fact that he shouldn't have had to know how until now ?

Wow, ok, so that "same person from that forum" (sorry this is awkward if it's this forum he's talking about and you're on here ;) ) commented a year ago on one of Andrea's videos that she was sending her homemade burp cloths. So clearly it's someone who supported Andrea and cared about the family, who now sees Tom letting his family down, not just a hater like he thinks. He sees anyone challenging him as someone who must hate them and want to troll, which is clearly wrong.

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Regarding dental care, some thoughts:

1. Dental health is intimately tied to the health of the rest of the body. Not taking care of one's teeth can have all sorts of horrendous ramifications beyond bad breath and toothaches...bacteria migrating from the mouth to the heart comes immediately to mind. Those kids are having their future health and longevity put at risk.

2. I have some experience with this. My parents took us to the dentist regularly BUT for reasons that now make no sense to me, I resisted proper oral hygiene to a damaging extent as a child--lying about whether I had brushed my teeth, or example. And I would sneak a chocolate bar and then go to bed w/o brushing. It horrifies me now. My parents had no idea, and I was old enough to know better so I don't blame them. But there it is. I'm 58 now. I've taken excellent care of my teeth since I was in college. I see the dentist regularly. And I have seven--SEVEN--implants, replacing seven natural teeth which I have lost over the past ten years or so due to processes which started in my childhood. That represents a lot of dental pain, a lot of time in the chair, and BUCKETS OF MONEY. Each implant has been between about $2500 and $4000 total, counting the dentist visits, the x-rays, the antibiotics, the extraction, the placing of the implant, and the crown. TIMES SEVEN. (And not counting the cost of the dental care associated with trying to save each of those teeth in the years before, such as root canals and crowns.) We could have a new kitchen if I hadn't been such a stupidly rebellious idiot child. Not to mention the pain and suffering connected with each eventual lost tooth. Not to mention the infections that typically started each process, and the subsequent bone loss in my jaw. It sucks, and I have only myself to blame. Imagine going through that and knowing your parents set you up for it.

3. We are affluent enough to have paid for the implants albeit at the cost of home improvements and other ways in which we could have better put $20K - $25K to use. (And may I just say that my mouth represents an awful lot of violin lessons taught.) People who can't afford the implants, which dental insurance doesn't always cover even if you have the insurance, have worse options. Bridges, dentures, or just holes in their mouth....there is nothing appealing about losing teeth.

Edited by VVV
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Thankfully, dental work was one of the relatively few things my father was really insistent on when I was a child. (It seems as though dental stuff, shoes, and eyeglasses were the three things he emphasized). In any case, I just had really bad genetic luck when it came to teeth. I've not had to have implants as of yet, but I did have to have caps put on because I didn't have the adult incisors next to my front teeth.

Obviously, living in Kentucky, there's a great deal of poverty and dental work is way down the list in terms of necessities when you're poor. I've seen some terrible, very painful mouths in my time. Again, referring back to the time I spent at the emergency shelter, dental work was something that we took a close look at, and nearly every kid over the age of say, five, ended up having to have cavities filled or other work done. Many adults here have no teeth whatsoever and wear dentures, often because it's less painful and cheaper to just pull the remaining teeth. I'm deeply grateful that my parents took me in for cleanings and paid for my medically-necessary braces. As an adult, I let my teeth go when I was in poverty as well. Thankfully, I'm pretty religious about brushing and flossing, so I only had one cavity when I got the means to go back to the dentist. I really wish that more dentists took Medicaid. 

Lest I ramble, dental examines would be a fabulous way to spend the donation money that Tom has been given. I think he may be surprised at the condition of the children's teeth if he did.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Tom replied to a comment on that video saying: "I KNEW you were the same person from that forum. I don't automatically know how to do Andrea's job just because I lived with her." in defense of not knowing how to parent his children. So it was only Andrea's job to care for his kids?! He didn't even deny it, he just stood by the fact that he shouldn't have had to know how until now ?

Wow, ok, so that "same person from that forum" (sorry this is awkward if it's this forum he's talking about and you're on here ;) ) commented a year ago on one of Andrea's videos that she was sending her homemade burp cloths. So clearly it's someone who supported Andrea and cared about the family, who now sees Tom letting his family down, not just a hater like he thinks. He sees anyone challenging him as someone who must hate them and want to troll, which is clearly wrong.

I won’t lie-I find it hilarious that the commenter “Nikki B” is defending Tom by calling this woman and other people commenting “the devil’s minions.”  These people are fucked. Up.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Yes, it is me, I must confess. I started watching Andrea's videos and I sympathised with her, and since I had been practicing my sewing skill during a whole summer, I thought that I could send her the baby stuff that I have made (it was a lot of stuff, so I send her and gave also to 2 friends with babies). I was away from her channel for a long time. One night I couldn't sleep to I went to check it and there was the funeral video. Of course that I've found out this site even during her lifetime, and I was seeing things with different eyes after reading your comments… I commented about the kids wanting gas masks for birthday and that that was creepy... I don't agree with Tom in anything, the food, the habits, the lack of care and education, the lack of care about the kids wishes and desires, the house full of crap, the tiny rooms full of kids and the big pantry and library, talking about getting a new wife with her corpse still warm, etc etc. I don't mind having his precious fans (who are for sure fishing themselves a men) attacking me with hate... calling me a devil minion, working at the devils clock or that I should serve the "Lord"... all that stuff doesn't annoys me, but it makes me laugh really hard...

2 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I won’t lie-I find it hilarious that the commenter “Nikki B” is defending Tom by calling this woman and other people commenting “the devil’s minions.”  These people are fucked. Up. 

They want to be seen as a possible Mrs Mills, a woman that protects the kids and the husband. They are trying to get his view by being offensive with others. It makes me laugh, specially when they think that they can hurt me, I'm a hard cookie, I had more than that in life...

SO, let's see, all together, all of us… If his followers are mostly believers, religious people, who serve the "Lord", and want to show themselves so compassionate and adorable to Mr. Mills eyes… and then suddenly they are full with hate and anger against who doesn't share the same opinion... That is not what religion teaches to do... Love your enemies, give your other side, forgive those who trespass against you, etc... It makes me think that some fundamentalist religious people is only a very thin layer of that covering a big chunky soul of hate, anger, frustration and intolerance, perhaps even racism… just a show off... By the way, Mr. Tom, if you are reading this, I don't serve the "Lord", I don't serve anything in this lifetime… I believe in rightness and compassion, humanity, sharing, karma, and many other things… but not in what you believe, not that way...

Greetings,

Telma Alexandra (from Denmark, but not Danish, lol)

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

17 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

Yes, it is me, I must confess. I started watching Andrea's videos and I sympathised with her, and since I had been practicing my sewing skill during a whole summer, I thought that I could send her the baby stuff that I have made (it was a lot of stuff, so I send her and gave also to 2 friends with babies). I was away from her channel for a long time. One night I couldn't sleep to I went to check it and there was the funeral video. Of course that I've found out this site even during her lifetime, and I was seeing things with different eyes after reading your comments… I commented about the kids wanting gas masks for birthday and that that was creepy... I don't agree with Tom in anything, the food, the habits, the lack of care and education, the lack of care about the kids wishes and desires, the house full of crap, the tiny rooms full of kids and the big pantry and library, talking about getting a new wife with her corpse still warm, etc etc. I don't mind having his precious fans (who are for sure fishing themselves a men) attacking me with hate... calling me a devil minion, working at the devils clock or that I should serve the "Lord"... all that stuff doesn't annoys me, but it makes me laugh really hard...

They want to be seen as a possible Mrs Mills, a woman that protects the kids and the husband. They are trying to get his view by being offensive with others. It makes me laugh, specially when they think that they can hurt me, I'm a hard cookie, I had more than that in life...

SO, let's see, all together, all of us… If his followers are mostly believers, religious people, who serve the "Lord", and want to show themselves so compassionate and adorable to Mr. Mills eyes… and then suddenly they are full with hate and anger against who doesn't share the same opinion... That is not what religion teaches to do... Love your enemies, give your other side, forgive those who trespass against you, etc... It makes me think that some fundamentalist religious people is only a very thin layer of that covering a big chunky soul of hate, anger, frustration and intolerance, perhaps even racism… just a show off... By the way, Mr. Tom, if you are reading this, I don't serve the "Lord", I don't serve anything in this lifetime… I believe in rightness and compassion, humanity, sharing, karma, and many other things… but not in what you believe, not that way...

Greetings,

Telma Alexandra (from Denmark, but not Danish, lol)

Well done, Telma!! Or should we call you “the devil’s minion?”???

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Besides invading Mileena channel, she also did that to Judah and Eden... For God's sake, that woman is everywhere, telling everything that she wants about the kids and the house and the father… what does she want...

Rachel Day, if you are reading this please stop invading people's channels, it's annoying… By the way, why don't you and Mr. Mills create an account here and interact with us… It doesn't bring visibility, right... It would make people stop giving money, it's a gift that keep on giving… I wonder how wealthy those people are to give so much, or what are they depriving themselves from just to give him money… $70,934 by now...

15 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Well done, Telma!! Or should we call you “the devil’s minion?”???

Ahahah, thak you ? I've changed my photo to the real me, now Mr. Tom can say really loud: I knew it, I knew it... XD I've got nothing to hide...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Not cool.  Not cool at all.  Both people "harassing" Mileena and Tom on youtube and Rachel Day being all over it.

4 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Tom replied to a comment on that video saying: "I KNEW you were the same person from that forum. I don't automatically know how to do Andrea's job just because I lived with her." in defense of not knowing how to parent his children. So it was only Andrea's job to care for his kids! He didn't even deny it, he just stood by the fact that he shouldn't have had to know how until now ?

We are not the only place discussing this.  I think we have worried about his previous distance from the day to day activities, critical about his and Andrea's dependence on the older boys (especially Asher) for parenting, and we have been plenty critical about Tom's dependence on youtube or facebook chatter for "therapy. " 

But I don't think anyone here has suggested that he should know how to do Andrea's "job."  Just that he needs to step up and parent his brood.  And understand that he can't do it in the same way without Andrea.

And I agree.  I think he is bundling all criticism into "snark forums" without understanding that some of his trolls are former fans and have never heard of us.

ETA.  Oh, well.  That person just outed herself.  

On FJ we can be pretty outspoken, mean, vicious ... take your pick.  We also are a free speech area and self-moderate a lot.   But Tom, or any of our other subjects, have to seek us out to read our comments.  And I hope they don't.

As we have quite a few new members, and probably many more lurkers thanks to Tom, I'm going to quote from our Guidelines.  (Yes, we know most people don't read them, but they really should.)  My underlining.

Offsite Interactions

We have no desire to control our member's off-site interactions and/or behavior.  We do get to control the types of things that are talked about here, however.   Please do not post accounts of trolling a fundie's blog, driving by houses, going through their trash, etc.     Do what you want on your own time, but giving an audience to that kind of thing is not the place FJ wants to be.  Please be careful that you do not interact in such a way as to give the impression you are a representative of Free Jinger.

If you go to a public event, you are free to post your summary of that event or your interactions there.   If you do attend a public event, don't present yourself as a representative of FJ.

https://www.freejinger.org/faq

FJ has been around since 2005.  And I joined the old yuku board in 2008 or 2009 (I really can't remember!) after lurking for a couple of years.  I think we have learned from many mistakes (and a few out of control people who lacked common sense) over the years and that is why we have that Guideline. 

Generally speaking, long-term members think it is useless to comment on Fundie blogs, youtube, or facebook.  It just encourages them to feel persecuted and gets them even more set in their ways.  

Many of us call it "not touching the poop," because it is really not productive.  

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Not cool.  Not cool at all.  Both people "harassing" Mileena and Tom on youtube and Rachel Day being all over it.

We are not the only place discussing this.  I think we have worried about his previous distance from the day to day activities, critical about his and Andrea's dependence on the older boys (especially Asher) for parenting, and we have been plenty critical about Tom's dependence on youtube or facebook chatter for "therapy. " 

But I don't think anyone here has suggested that he should know how to do Andrea's "job."  Just that he needs to step up and parent his brood.  And understand that he can't do it in the same way without Andrea.

And I agree.  I think he is bundling all criticism into "snark forums" without understanding that some of his trolls are former fans and have never heard of us.

ETA.  Oh, well.  That person just outed herself.  

On FJ we can be pretty outspoken, mean, vicious ... take your pick.  We also are a free speech area and self-moderate a lot.   But Tom, or any of our other subjects, have to seek us out to read our comments.  And I hope they don't.

As we have quite a few new members, and probably many more lurkers thanks to Tom, I'm going to quote from our Guidelines.  (Yes, we know most people don't read them, but they really should.)  My underlining.

https://www.freejinger.org/faq

FJ has been around since 2005.  And I joined the old yuku board in 2008 or 2009 (I really can't remember!) after lurking for a couple of years.  I think we have learned from many mistakes (and a few out of control people who lacked common sense) over the years and that is why we have that Guideline. 

Generally speaking, long-term members think it is useless to comment on Fundie blogs, youtube, or facebook.  It just encourages them to feel persecuted and gets them even more set in their ways.  

Many of us call it "not touching the poop," because it is really not productive.  

I'm here thinking and you're right. If they feel persecuted they will get their ways better. After I called him greedy, he made a video defending himself and people started giving more money (one gave 700 and something). You're right, I'll try to be more wise therefore… I've never mention FJ and I'll never will...

And I've changed my photo once again… XD

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yeah, this. I drew my line there; I watched a lot of her videos (primarily the homeschool series, unassisted birth videos, and shopping vlogs), but I can at least comfort myself with the knowledge that I never deliberately encouraged their lifestyle nor sought to harm them with my criticism to their faces (nevertheless, I do stand by everything I've said about them on FJ). I have no sympathy for Tom if he feels offended by what he finds written about him on snark sites, he could just stop reading them, after all. 

I mean, really, if Tom wants to seek out criticism of his family and his choices instead of putting the work to making his current choices less worthy of disdain (which he has no trouble dishing out to people whose lifestyles and choices don't match his by the way, because hooray for hypocrisy), then that's his choice, but if I were him I'd be looking to pull my head out of my arse and start taking care of the children that I helped bring into this world. What would it cost him, really, to spend a games evening with his kids without the cameras? More than it would mean to his children to have that attention? I doubt it.

To that end, is his paternal relationship with his kids more performative than anything else at this point? 

Probably. 

Like, really, he could at least stop filming the children. Even if he were to keep doing his hours long chat videos with just him, he could at least stop exploiting his kids' grief and struggle. At this point, it serves no purpose but to very obviously remind people of why they need to keep donating, never mind the fact that the money probably isn't being spent on things that will benefit his children in any other way but soothing their short term aches with candy and shiny distractions (no snark on them at all, y'all know I have a soft spot for the Mills kids, and I don't blame them for the ways they choose to comfort themselves in the absence of any real help or consideration from their father).

I don't think anyone (on FJ at least) would argue that Andrea was a good person (and, yes, it took me way too long to realise that she was more of the same old keeping sweet lipstick on the same old fundie pig, but I'm not going to fall for it again), but she at least seemed to be a caring parent, and I do remember that she made it a point to clarify that she wouldn't film her kids when they were struggling or angry or upset in major ways, despite people wanting to know how she dealt with such situations. Tom hasn't even got that going for him, it seems, right now. He needs to step up and start protecting them, and he needs to get that Rachel person the fuck away from his children also; what she is doing is creepy and gross, and might do some very real harm at some point.

Edited by Escadora
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Gotta love that any comment that isnt "OMG YOURE THE BEST DAD EVER MAKE ME YOUR NEXT WIFE" is just a troll.  I can't believe how many of these crazy women are throwing themselves at him. Rachel is stalker level crazy. Says a lot that he deems her as the most trusting and loyal ally. Also gotta love the irony that any criticism, even minute, is a troll. But calling someone "the devil's minion" is just being a good old fashion Christian.  He is just using his criticism to get more money now. How long do you think until he compares himself to Jesus being persecuted too? If it wasnt about money, he'd take down the go fund me and stop asking for so much stuff (nearly all for himself). He complains he has no time for anything, then spends hours on live streams. Instead of trying to figure out how to step up, be a dad, meal plan, ect. He buys more junk food and sits in front of a camera saying "woe is me" while he let's his sons do all the things he should be doing. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I watched tiny snippets of many Rachel Day videos.  With the exception of her thumbprint photo, she doesn't seem to show herself on video.  Only her plump fingers.  Her videos all seem to be crappy food, toys and clothes hauls.

What was very strange was without exception, Rachel ends every sentence in an upbeat.  She basically asked a question every time she spoke!

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

I'm here thinking and you're right. If they feel persecuted they will get their ways better. After I called him greedy, he made a video defending himself and people started giving more money (one gave 700 and something). You're right, I'll try to be more wise therefore… I've never mention FJ and I'll never will...

And I've changed my photo once again… XD

Actually, if they feel persecuted their ways are more likely to be set in concrete.  They just don't listen to well-meaning input on their own turf.  They see it as "hostile" input and teams of leg-humpers come out of the woodwork like cockroaches to encourage them.  As we are seeing here.  IMO, just don't provoke them or pee on their turf.  It boomerangs.

1 hour ago, Escadora said:

Tom hasn't even got that going for him, it seems, right now. He needs to step up and start protecting them, and he needs to get that Rachel person the fuck away from his children also; what she is doing is creepy and gross, and might do some very real harm at some point.

I looked at the comments rather than listening to or watching Tom's last marathon confessional on facebook.  

The good news is that the younger kids (minus Hannah who is probably still glued to Asher) were spending the night at grandma Kitty's.  So at least someone is looking out for them.

I'm wondering whether or when reality will really hit Tom.  He's apparently perseverating away for hours on facebook about not being able to cook, shop as frugally as Andrea, and blaming "haters" for all that is wrong.  Supposedly people keep yelling at him for buying convenience foods.  I don't think we've done that; we have deplored all the candy.  I shrug rather, and think that buying convenience and pre-prepared food is fine for the moment, but is definitely more expensive in the long run.  

Tom is obviously struggling, emotionally, physically and practically.  And the kids are still bearing the brunt of it.   Financially, Tom and Andrea were barely making ends meet before she died.  I don't think his grifting on youtube will fill in all the financial gaps now she is gone. 

Tom's also convinced that all this, including Andrea's death, was predetermined and that God is in control.  God inspired them to start the youtube channel and that will make all things work out.  Rolling my eyes.

Rachael Day is something else!  Someone (apparently local) asks if it would help if she or others dropped by during the day to do practical things as needed, like laundry, cleaning, or yard work.

Rachael Day, like a dog in the manger, snaps back that the kids do all that stuff.

Well, I would recommend to Tom that he check this woman's references carefully and (if she passes) takes her up on the offer.  Less housework for the kids to do, more adult attention and socialisation for the kids, and perhaps she could toss stuff into a crockpot, or teach Asher and Thomas to cook simple meals,  so the kids could eat a hot meal other than grilled cheese and soup in the evenings. 

Tom apparently whined for about 30 minutes about trying to feed the kids and how much weight he has lost.  When a person in the comments suggested a stew, he whined that he doesn't like crockpot stew, doesn't have time, and has no idea how Andrea made it.  Time to learn, chum.

Pity about the Meal Train.   I'm guessing that the volunteers for that petered out because Tom was so unappreciative if not outright rude.  He seems to have a very narrow idea of food that he likes and that pickiness will rub off on the children.  Eat your broccoli, Tom, and set an example to the kids!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 4

25 minutes ago, louannems said:

I watched tiny snippets of many Rachel Day videos.  With the exception of her thumbprint photo, she doesn't seem to show herself on video.  Only her plump fingers.  Her videos all seem to be crappy food, toys and clothes hauls.

What was very strange was without exception, Rachel ends every sentence in an upbeat.  She basically asked a question every time she spoke!

Rachel showed herself in some early videos and then stopped.  I have no issue snarking on her as she has thrust herself into the limelight in the most bizarre, inappropriate way.  If she didn't invade every social media account of anyone connected to Tom Mill's (even Grandma Kitty's Facebook page, for goodness sake) and present herself as a crazy stalker none of us here would even know she existed.  

What worries me is that at some point Tom is likely going to remarry.  Assuming Rachel isn't the next Mrs. Mills, I am concerned she is going to lose it.  She has inserted herself right into the center of the Mill's world and I don't think they will be able to get rid of her that quickly.  Tom would be wise to cut off her admin rights and change all passwords long before she'd have any inkling of what is happening.

Oh, and Rachel, if you are lurking here (and I assume you are since you seem to stalk all things Tom Mills related), how would you feel if your husband posted on a public page that he wished 'his kids had 10% of the mom that Andrea was.'  You posted that about your husband on Tom's mom's Facebook page and it says a LOT more about you than it does about him or 'Tommy.'  Frankly, if that is the way you honor your spouse you really ought to do him a favor and just leave him so that he can make a life with someone who appreciates him.  For your sake, and his, I hope he never finds out what you wrote about him online because I suspect he'd find it upsetting.  You are really quite despicable to post such a thing.  

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Rachael Day is something else!  Someone (apparently local) asks if it would help if she or others dropped by during the day to do practical things as needed, like laundry, cleaning, or yard work.

Rachael Day, like a dog in the manger, snaps back that the kids do all that stuff.

Of course!  Can't have any competition showing up for one-on-one time with Tommy!  

Rachel Day is my new favorite fundy to hate snark upon.  Others here I snark on but still find them interesting or redeeming in some small way (most people have something good about them even amongst the bad).  I can find nothing good about Rachel.  She just seems nuts. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I don’t like that a few of the kids have public You Tube channels. Just found Judah’s q&a and lots of his parents ‘ fans are in the comments. Also some people whose profiles show they are into  crazy stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Rachel Day is my new favorite fundy to hate snark upon.  Others here I snark on but still find them interesting or redeeming in some small way (most people have something good about them even amongst the bad).  I can find nothing good about Rachel.  She just seems nuts. 

So very much agree!

When I went looking for the videos about room space I noticed that she was replying to new comments in those videos.  I get that she's a moderator but how much time does she have to monitor ALL the comments from ALL the videos? I don't see the other two names Tom mentioned appearing everywhere.  On the boy's bedroom tour video, she even got very snarky herself...

Ida Little 1 month ago (edited)It's just like a jail hehhee jezz ! And your pregnant again? Why? I feel sorry for your kids they dont deserve like this situation I mean if u guys cant afford a bigger house u shouldn't make more kids

Rachel Day 1 month ago
You should get a life and mind your own business. The kids don't deserve to be in what situation? A very happy home where they are loved greatly and have everything they need? It is no where near like a jail and the kids are perfectly happy. You don't need a big house to have lots of kids. A smaller house makes for a closer family and that's what is really best, not a family spread out in a larger house that doesn't even talk to or see each other. Oh and to address the part about being pregnant, she's passed away.

Not that I'd ever leave a comment as Ida had writ however I'd be extremely p***ed off if a random person replied with that bs. Sure, in recent videos it's been made clear who Rachel Day is but people watch random videos all the time, especially those with 4.4million videos (that's how many times the boy's bedroom video has been viewed now!)

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

The devil's minions hah?  Well, I guess I would be considered one of them too. The holier-than-thou 'youtube people' give Christian's a bad name. If you are so narrowed minded that you believe someone is a devil's minion for having a different opinion; if you are watching Tom's life crumble around him and not seeing the neglect/disfunction; if you are hero-worshipping a man who does not know how to be a parent... then how is that being a good Christian?  Telling a man he's doing an amazing job while witnessing him needing his 15year old son father the little girls?  It's getting to the point where someone has to step in and work out a plan with Tom. He admits to not coping, not knowing what to do.
Yes, grief has no timeframe but life needs some normality, especially for the littles.  Daycare and school would be such a good thing for most of the kids at the moment.
I'm just so grateful that the kids have a grandmother and aunties close enough to give them some kind of outlet and love. (not saying Tom doesn't love his kids but it's no secret that I think of him more a sperm donor than parent)
Given that it's two months, it has become a mutual obsession rather than a support system.  He proved this by not being able to keep away from lives even when there was a week's ban on youtube.  A time that doesn't need to be spent alone or with thousands of strangers - he could re-connect with neighbours and IRL friends if he has any. Add the likes of Rachel to the mix and this is not healthy. Not at all.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Weirdly, I can't quote your post, @under siege, not even to grab text. Odd! But, responding:

Okay, Ida's comment was obnoxious. But Rachel is what's really weird here, all her "monitoring" of all-things-Mills. I just want to respond to her ridiculous assertion that "a family spread out in a larger house" inherently "doesn't even talk to or see each other."

We live in a large house. Like, crazy big. I work at home, we homeschooled, and we like hosting guests. We were able to design our house with dedicated spaces, which made all the different activities more comfortable (like, we can leave a project spread out over a work table and still eat at the dining table, that sort of thing). Room for parties! Room for whole families to come and stay! It's great. And, for me personally, an introvert, it helps me to be more hospitable knowing that when people stay I still have my own private spaces.

I'm not suggesting that anyone *needs* a house this big to be comfortable/functional. This is a luxury we lucked into. But my point is: even in this crazy-big house, yes, we do "see each other" and "talk to each other." A lot. A LOT a lot. For heaven's sake, what a ridiculous bunch of sour grapes.

In fact, I've found that the ability to retreat into our individual private spaces facilitates even more closeness (besides the obvious meeting of our needs for rest and privacy, which makes us more able to socialize and connect). Often, we're all together. But also, when one or some of us [work/exercise/make a private call/take a nap/whatever] the little subgroups that result are also great. Imagine if Tom could spend more one-on-one time with various kids, or if the older kids could have some space to be teenagers who aren't raising their siblings. Imagine if any of them in their homeschooling could have a quiet place to concentrate and think. Rachel writes as if any one family member at any moment having some time to themselves represents the utter destruction of the monolith FAMILY. That is not a healthy worldview.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Thinking more about the sour grapes thing:

So much of what fundies preach is based in making themselves feel better about poverty. Higher education? Evil. Large house? Evil.

This makes the fundies who are struggling feel better about their own situations (superior, even, like Rachel saying that people with large houses must be deeply unhappy and dysfunctional), and makes the ones who are comfortable avoid having to think about helping others. They're fine! They have each other! The poor don't need anything but Jesus and bootstraps!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

She is so much scarier than the odd person commenting something “negative” who is actually trying to help the family. She has 3 young kids and homeschools 2 of them. They appear to be on benefits which I am never going to be judgmental of but maybe she could be spending all her time more wisely to help her own family thrive? How on earth does she have time to find out everything about this family and comment on every video on multiple channels, be constantly vigilant on every living stream, etc? It’s utterly insane and absolutely terrifying. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic