IGNORED

Andrea Mills 2: Watching Tom Appear to Lose His Mind

Coconut Flan

The "How I Did My Own Prenatal Care" video is another interesting one. Quotes in case Tom does the old scrub a doo (which I hope he does, because there's some very dangerous and incorrect advice in there).

"We had an ultrasound both times at one of those little places with the 4D ultrasound.  I wasn't necessarily caring about having all of the medical part of it, I just wanted to find out what sex we were having, if it was a boy or a girl...I would actually be fine not having an ultrasound, like I said it's only because I really enjoy sewing little things and getting things ready for the baby and so I always want to know what I'm having ahead of time, but I would totally be fine skipping that part of it and just skipping it too." 

"I did not have any blood work done during either of those two pregnancies, but I did check into possibly getting some done because of the fact that I am A negative and Tom is A positive, and I thought about getting a blood test to see if I had been sensitized at all in my previous pregnancies...I ended up not getting it done. I had looked into a place called Request A Test dot com." 

From another post - in my country at least do RhoGAM during pregnancy as well to cover for sensitizing events during pregnancy.

She made an "appointment with herself" each Monday and had a checklist of things she was looking for.

"For checking edema I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, so I just kinda researched online and learned how to tell if I was having any swelling or not."

She checked her BP with a wrist cuff off Amazon.  Dangerous advice because wrist BP cuffs aren't accurate and automated devices miss a large number of high BPs in pregnancy.  They tend to give falsely low BPs in pregnant women who have high blood pressure.

She had urine dipsticks, though her ideas about what they meant were a bit off.

"Protein in your urine it's probably also a sign that you may not be getting enough protein or minerals. That's the thing that they're watching for with preeclampsia, is protein in your urine."

"It wasn't difficult doing my own prenatal checking. I'd actually just looked online kind of to see what you expect at a prenatal appointment with a doctor."

Edited by jozina
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 4

You want some real crazy, find the video where she talks about at home dental checks.  Not even kidding.  She did not take the kids for dental care, did a "cleaning" on their teeth herself, and was convinced she could "cure" cavities.  

She also equated childbirth to climaxing, and believed that is one of the main reasons it should remain private/unassisted.  

She had a really calming voice, but what she said what straight up nuts.

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, jozina said:

The "How I Did My Own Prenatal Care" video is another interesting one. Quotes in case Tom does the old scrub a doo (which I hope he does, because there's some very dangerous and incorrect advice in there).

"We had an ultrasound both times at one of those little places with the 4D ultrasound.  I wasn't necessarily caring about having all of the medical part of it, I just wanted to find out what sex we were having, if it was a boy or a girl...I would actually be fine not having an ultrasound, like I said it's only because I really enjoy sewing little things and getting things ready for the baby and so I always want to know what I'm having ahead of time, but I would totally be fine skipping that part of it and just skipping it too." 

"I did not have any blood work done during either of those two pregnancies, but I did check into possibly getting some done because of the fact that I am A negative and Tom is A positive, and I thought about getting a blood test to see if I had been sensitized at all in my previous pregnancies...I ended up not getting it done. I had looked into a place called Request A Test dot com." 

From another post - in my country at least do RhoGAM during pregnancy as well to cover for sensitizing events during pregnancy.

She made an "appointment with herself" each Monday and had a checklist of things she was looking for.

"For checking edema I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, so I just kinda researched online and learned how to tell if I was having any swelling or not."

She checked her BP with a wrist cuff off Amazon.  Dangerous advice because wrist BP cuffs aren't accurate and automated devices miss a large number of high BPs in pregnancy.  They tend to give falsely low BPs in pregnant women who have high blood pressure.

She had urine dipsticks, though her ideas about what they meant were a bit off.

"Protein in your urine it's probably also a sign that you may not be getting enough protein or minerals. That's the thing that they're watching for with preeclampsia, is protein in your urine."

"It wasn't difficult doing my own prenatal checking. I'd actually just looked online kind of to see what you expect at a prenatal appointment with a doctor."

I...wow. I sometimes think people report to CPS in a way that constitutes overzealousness, but after seeing that, I can imagine why people would report in this instance. That is absolutely terrifying. Particularly given the RH issue, her age, the number of pregnancies...Google is not a substitute for medical training.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

It looks like Mileena has removed this video.  I feel very sad for her being thrust into a spotlight she likely didn't want all because Tom's love affair with his You Tube People.

For anyone who is curious, Mileena's video was about how she is not a Christian but wishes she could be, essentially to be more accepted by her family, and how she thinks she is either bisexual or gay, but hopes to have a husband some day to make her life easier. She started the channel a month ago and I am wondering if she did it to kind of piggyback off of the views and followers that Tom has, maybe she does want some spotlight? Just a thought. She seems to be in a very sad situation with her disabilities, her birth mother, and Tom's clearly conditional acceptance of her. I feel for her.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

It looks like Mileena has removed this video.  I feel very sad for her being thrust into a spotlight she likely didn't want all because Tom's love affair with his You Tube People.

Does she directly talk about Tom?

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I...wow. I sometimes think people report to CPS in a way that constitutes overzealousness, but after seeing that, I can imagine why people would report in this instance. That is absolutely terrifying. Particularly given the RH issue, her age, the number of pregnancies...Google is not a substitute for medical training.

Yup. It’s hard for me to understand this, especially because the family qualified for Medicaid and she could have received care. Again, it feels like pure hubris 

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 6

Lurker coming out of the shadows here to comment, because what I’ve seen on the live streams has me so concerned for Hannah. Yes, Tom cuddled her at the end of the last one, but in the end, she was still plopped into bed with no diaper change, no jammies, no teeth brushing even though she had been chowing down on candy and marshmallows right before bed, no bedtime story, etc.  She, of course, immediately began to cry. Not an I’m tired cry, but one of those desperate I need something cries. People in the chat were getting upset about it, rightly so, and I think that’s the only reason he ended the live stream. He claimed Asher had changed her diaper, but if he did, it would have been the worlds fastest diaper change. I don’t buy it. Tom also claimed he was going to go in there and pat her back until she fell asleep, but I also don’t trust that given what I’ve seen so far. I feel so bad for her. That poor baby girl. I feel like with how much emphasis Andrea put on organization, Hannah must have had a bedtime routine before. Tom needs to give her that structure so she has at least some stability in her life after all that’s happened.

Tom, if you’re reading this, here is what you do to put a baby Hannah’s age to bed.

- Change her diaper (use a size up from her daytime diapers if she’s having leaks at night)

- put her in weather appropriate jammies

- brush her teeth

- read her a bedtime story

- make sure all of her lovies or blankets are in the bed or nearby so you don’t have to go get them (although, a sleep sack is safer when they’re still in a crib)

- lower the lights and rock or cuddle her for a bit

- put her down in the bed when she’s drowsy, but still awake (if she gets used to being rocked to sleep, she may start waking up at night and need someone to rock her back to sleep. At this age, she should be able to self sooth and go back to sleep herself if all of her other needs are met)
- put her in bed, tell her you love her, and goodnight. Then leave the room.

If she fusses at that point, then you can let her have some time to settle herself and go to sleep. If you just plop her into bed without doing any of this and then ignore her cries, that’s neglect, plain and simple. It’s wrong, Tom. You have 9 kids. You should know better. As a mother myself, I can’t imagine Andrea would be happy, or ok in any way, with the way you are treating Hannah. Also, you need to be doing the bedtime routine, not Asher. He’s not her dad. You are.

It makes me feel sick watching her being so obviously neglected.

• Upvote 26
  • Love 9

28 minutes ago, there_is_no_fun_in_fundie said:

Tom, if you’re reading this, here is what you do to put a baby Hannah’s age to bed.

Routine is so important for kids that little, even if just for comfort! It also must be so hard for a baby/toddler to go to sleep in that house when in the next room her 8 siblings are all being loud and having fun without her, which is often the case on the live streams.

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, there_is_no_fun_in_fundie said:

Lurker coming out of the shadows here to comment, because what I’ve seen on the live streams has me so concerned for Hannah. Yes, Tom cuddled her at the end of the last one, but in the end, she was still plopped into bed with no diaper change, no jammies, no teeth brushing even though she had been chowing down on candy and marshmallows right before bed, no bedtime story, etc.  She, of course, immediately began to cry. Not an I’m tired cry, but one of those desperate I need something cries. People in the chat were getting upset about it, rightly so, and I think that’s the only reason he ended the live stream. He claimed Asher had changed her diaper, but if he did, it would have been the worlds fastest diaper change. I don’t buy it. Tom also claimed he was going to go in there and pat her back until she fell asleep, but I also don’t trust that given what I’ve seen so far. I feel so bad for her. That poor baby girl. I feel like with how much emphasis Andrea put on organization, Hannah must have had a bedtime routine before. Tom needs to give her that structure so she has at least some stability in her life after all that’s happened.

- Change her diaper (use a size up from her daytime diapers if she’s having leaks at night)

- put her in weather appropriate jammies

- brush her teeth

- read her a bedtime story

- make sure all of her lovies or blankets are in the bed or nearby so you don’t have to go get them (although, a sleep sack is safer when they’re still in a crib)

- lower the lights and rock or cuddle her for a bit

- put her down in the bed when she’s drowsy, but still awake (if she gets used to being rocked to sleep, she may start waking up at night and need someone to rock her back to sleep. At this age, she should be able to self sooth and go back to sleep herself if all of her other needs are met)
- put her in bed, tell her you love her, and goodnight. Then leave the room.

If she fusses at that point, then you can let her have some time to settle herself and go to sleep. If you just plop her into bed without doing any of this and then ignore her cries, that’s neglect, plain and simple. It’s wrong, Tom. You have 9 kids. You should know better. As a mother myself, I can’t imagine Andrea would be happy, or ok in any way, with the way you are treating Hannah. Also, you need to be doing the bedtime routine, not Asher. He’s not her dad. You are.

It makes me feel sick watching her being so obviously neglected.

To put it in perspective, I used to work at an emergency shelter for children. Even though we were short-staffed on most nights, those babies still got a bath, got their teeth brushed, got into warm, dry jammies with a fresh diaper, had a book read to them (sometimes two!), and got rocked to sleep. It hurts my heart that Hannah doesn't receive the same.

ETA: Bedtime with little ones really is just the absolute best. Tom is missing out, too.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 17

59 minutes ago, Saywha? said:

Does anyone know malena’s channel name?

It’s under her name, Mileena Mills.

• Upvote 1

Seems as though Rachel is reading this site too...all of a sudden she’s found Mileena’s Youtube channel and is commenting. *Eye roll*

Rachel, seriously buzz the f off! You’re so freaking crazy! Why don’t you get off Tom’s nuts, shut off your computer forever, and go take care of your kids? 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WhaddaIKnow said:

Mileena....seems quite unstable. 

Considering the bits of her history that we know about it would have been a miracle for her to develop into an adult without least a few issues.

Firstly, her parents were young and split up. Neither could look after her so she was adopted by Tom's sister and BIL.
* correction thanks to @Justsum1twothree - adopted by Tom's aunt and her husband

Though there was some involvement in her life, she witnessed her birth father go on to marry and produce another nine children, all of whom were loved and nurtured by their mother (regardless of the oddities in the nurturing)

Then her 'adoptive father' ended up having a lot of issues of his own.

And then her own mental and, perhaps even physical, disabilities, would not have been completely understood by the family, especially Andrea who believed prayer and herbs fixed just about anything.

On top of all this, Andrea's audience said a lot of very unkind things about Mileena when there were glimpses of her in some of the vlogs. Comments that have now vanished (not sure if this was when Tom took over the approving of comments pre-Andrea passing or more recently)  They may deny it now but some of Tom's 'youtube people' were as cruel as any gossip site can be.

Edited by under siege
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 11

6 minutes ago, under siege said:

Considering the bits of her history that we know about it would have been a miracle for her to develop into an adult without least a few issues.

Firstly, her parents were young and split up. Neither could look after her so she was adopted by Tom's sister and BIL.

Though there was some involvement in her life, she witnessed her birth father go on to marry and produce another nine children, all of whom were loved and nurtured by their mother (regardless of the oddities in the nurturing)

Then her 'adoptive father' ended up having a lot of issues of his own.

And then her own mental and, perhaps even physical, disabilities, would not have been completely understood by the family, especially Andrea who believed prayer and herbs fixed just about anything.

On top of all this, Andrea's audience said a lot of very unkind things about Mileena when there were glimpses of her in some of the vlogs. Comments that have now vanished (not sure if this was when Tom took over the approving of comments pre-Andrea passing or more recently)  They may deny it now but some of Tom's 'youtube people' were as cruel as any gossip site can be

Edited by WhaddaIKnow
I understand her story. I hope someone is keeping an eye on her.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, under siege said:

I heard that she was adopted by Tom’s Aunt-his mom Kitty’s sister.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Justsum1twothree said:

Oh, you're right. I stand corrected.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Justsum1twothree said:

It appears that it was Kitty's sister that adopted Mileena. 156ed7f8fe9e0f7bf6b3c02ce2e804dd.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed Tapatalk signature
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, under siege said:

On top of all this, Andrea's audience said a lot of very unkind things about Mileena when there were glimpses of her in some of the vlogs. Comments that have now vanished (not sure if this was when Tom took over the approving of comments pre-Andrea passing or more recently)  They may deny it now but some of Tom's 'youtube people' were as cruel as any gossip site can be.

That is awful.  I took a look at Mileena's youtube and think she should be left alone by that lot.  She has more than enough to cope with right now and seems very fragile.  

And, speaking for myself only, I think Mileena should be left alone by us too.  I don't want to see her topple over the edge as collateral damage from Tom Mills's quest for youtube fame.  Mileena is sharing her experiences and is not trying to start a "ministry" on youtube.

Speaking of which, Tom had his first live Bible Study last night.  It has only had 6.7 views so far, and the last Game Night had 7.4 views.  The numbers are way down from where they were a few weeks ago so I think interest is dwindling.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That is awful.  I took a look at Mileena's youtube and think she should be left alone by that lot.  She has more than enough to cope with right now and seems very fragile.  

And, speaking for myself only, I think Mileena should be left alone by us too.  I don't want to see her topple over the edge as collateral damage from Tom Mills's quest for youtube fame.  Mileena is sharing her experiences and is not trying to start a "ministry" on youtube.

Speaking of which, Tom had his first live Bible Study last night.  It has only had 6.7 views so far, and the last Game Night had 7.4 views.  The numbers are way down from where they were a few weeks ago so I think interest is dwindling.

I agree with you. I checked out a couple of Mileena's videos. It sounds like she had a truly awful birth mother and she has a good relationship with Tom. She said Tom fought for her but courts awarded custody of her to the mom despite concerns from both families and then when she didn't want to responsibility of being a mom she adopted her out to the aunt, rather than let Tom raise her. Sad situation all around. Why those awful You Tube people would go after her remains to be seen and makes me have even less respect for them than ever before.  Mileena should not be snarked on and should be applauded for being honest and trying to work through her own struggles.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Agree 100%.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

It sometimes occurs to me how much space of the small house is taken up by Tom's office. I understand they run a home business, but to use up all that space for the office while 5 boys share one tiny room seems really selfish, it is quite big. I hope he considers that in his house renovation plans that he hopes to do so that the kids can have some more breathing room.

Ed: the pantry is also the size of a bedroom and used to be a bedroom ??...

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

looks like the channel got a strike on one of the lives... this is from Tom’s FB (public)

“Just a heads up to our YouTube followers. We got a community strike against our first Live game night video because it said it violated their policy on "scams and deceptive practices." As a result we will be unable to post anything or go live for one week. This will affect of course the next game night as well as our next bible study. 

I have appealed the decision, but we will see what happens. I have taken down the rest of the live game night videos until I find out what is going on.”

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, HeadacheLife said:

looks like the channel got a strike on one of the lives... this is from Tom’s FB (public)

“Just a heads up to our YouTube followers. We got a community strike against our first Live game night video because it said it violated their policy on "scams and deceptive practices." As a result we will be unable to post anything or go live for one week. This will affect of course the next game night as well as our next bible study. 

I have appealed the decision, but we will see what happens. I have taken down the rest of the live game night videos until I find out what is going on.”

What? Why?? Are they doing a giveaway during it?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic