IGNORED

Andrea Mills 2: Watching Tom Appear to Lose His Mind

Coconut Flan

I’m glad to hear Thomas considering moving out! 

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Dr Phil may not be a terrible idea at this point. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

He commented that it was probably a YouTube person calling. Like it was no big deal. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I always thought it was a bad idea putting those kids on display like they do, and not hiding anything about their location.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Has he posted his number? ?

It’s probably listed on his business website 

Edited by Justsum1twothree
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

53 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m glad to hear Thomas considering moving out! 

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Dr Phil may not be a terrible idea at this point. 

Remember the GotKidz lady that was on Dr Phil? The one line I always remember from one of the clips is him telling her “You don’t have the manpower to run a school!” 

Dr Phil uses the evil psychology though so I’m not sure Tom would go for it unless it was just for the visibility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Send him to the ranch Dr. Phil!

Seriously though, hours streaming on a nightly basis. Those poor kids. I cant handle listening to much or reading the fan girl comments.  I did catch him talking about disciplining Claudia and that made Justus cry. The other kids said it was necessary so she didnt end up spoiled. Have they ever talked about what discipline methods they use? I hope they dont follow the Pearls..

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Was it one of the You Tube People that called? Yikes!

I watched for a short period of time and just during that time over $60 in donations came through on You Tube. No wonder he was blathering on for hours. 

On a positive note, he mentioned that Thomas is wanting to get an apartment with his best friend. So he has a non-relative friend and hope for independence. If he would eventually get his own place it would also be a nice get-a-way for some of the older kids to spend time.

Looks like the live stream finally ended at over 3 hours long. I agree with the poster who said Tom is heading towards a spot on Dr. Phil.

Yikes, three hours!!
I'm very glad that Thomas is talking about moving out. I really feel for Asher though. He's too young to be doing most of the  Dad duties as well as grieving himself, as well as being a teenager with all that comes with that.

I did go and have a quick look. I caught the bit where Tom was saying he hadn't eaten, he couldn't eat, but he should eat. Someone mentioned gummy bears and asked if he's heard of gummy bear pizza.
Very telling that Tom doesn't give a damn about his kids. He said 'I don't know what the kids had for dinner, they are fending for themselves tonight'.
I get that teenagers can indeed fend for themselves occasionally. Even tweens can if all the supplies are there easy to access. However, not knowing if/what the little ones have eaten?  If this was a more 'normal' family (whatever normal is anyway) I wouldn't be all that concerned but I doubt this is not a common occurrence. The kids fend for themselves while Tom discusses his grief to his 'youtube people' as they are his therapy.  Kids don't need to have an outlet for their grief because they have each other and, of course, they are 'fine' hah Tom?  No wonder CPS gets calls about this family.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 2

I can imagine the lucky woman/winner of the open next wife auditions coming to meet Tom and the brood with images of YouTube stardom, The Sound of Music and whatever it is they see in Tom (Rufus alone knows what - his Biblical Greek knowledge?).  It'll be live-streamed, there will be jealous tears and gnashing of teeth from Rachel (Hi Rachel!!)....And then the lucky lady running for the mountains when she realizes the reality of life in the cramped cottage of unwashed children and an overgrown man child whose in love with the YouTube people.  Poor Tom's heart will be broken, more live streams, more YouTube damsels, lather rinse repeat.

Free Thomas.  I hope he runs far away from this craziness.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Justsum1twothree said:

It’s probably listed on his business website 

A quick google of his business name reveals address, phone number AND photos of the shop front (or house as they are one in the same), a younger Thomas and friend in the shop, and a street view.
All the essentials for your friendly neighbourhood 'youtube people' stalker to know exactly where you live.

I know, the irony of me looking it up but no, not a stalker. No interest in being Andrea's replacement. I actually looked this info up ages ago when people first requested sending things to the kids so Andrea relented and got a post box (or revealed the post box info) so people wouldn't send things to the house.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Justsum1twothree said:

I think he wants to get remarried simply so he can have marital relations again and to have someone else pick up all of his slack. I’m not buying the “My girls need a mommy” bit. Tom, you want someone else for your own selfish reasons.

He literally mentioned that when he was cleaning the attic normally Andrea would have cleaned up after him but instead he had to do it while being tired after doing the attic. I don't think he could even live alone WITHOUT 9 kids with no partner.

8 hours ago, Though she be but little said:

Hey! Long time lurker here. Did you all see that someone called Tom's phone during the Livestream?!? I am so scared for those kids.

9 hours ago, SIngingforsupper said:

EWWWW!!!!!  Someone on Tom's live chat just asked to meet him in person. Could he please contact her! Creepy Rachel Day better pay attention and block her!

Plus the fact that his business is at his home, anyone can find their address easily! That fact is the most concerning to me, literally any of these fan-girling older women, or random run-of-the-mill creeps, could show up at their house.

(Oops -- didn't realize someone just said this above. But it's really bad.)

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Upvote 10

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Based on some of the comments, I think some women are falling in love with Tom.

Not in this lifetime, NFWay!!! Compassion and empathy with somebody's suffering is different from that. Higher standards when it comes to select a partner, no way!!!

• Upvote 4

I wonder if Tom has developed a chat addiction.  When I first started chatting many moons ago, I was in a really bad place and it didn't take long for me to "need" to chat.  I would actually get shaky and really upset if the room was down or I was at work and unable to get on chat.   I get that way when I start a new game as well sometimes.  However, I don't have 9 (NINE!!!!!) kids depending on me and for me, it passes pretty quickly.

I'm aware of it now so I will start a new game slowly so it doesn't become my life (not that it really matters for me) for that short time.

Someone mentioning Tom being upset he couldn't get live chat to work and he kept trying struck a familiar chord with me and quite frankly it worries me for those kids :(

• Upvote 17
  • Love 4

17 minutes ago, Curious said:

I wonder if Tom has developed a chat addiction. 

I honestly don't think so.  I think the chat simply makes him feel better.  He's a new widower in grief & talking with others who like & admire him seems to soothe him.  I think that's one of the great things about the internet.  Now, should he be spending time with the other kids rather than chatting online?  Probably so.... but at this stage in his grief I'd say do whatever helps.  But I sure do wish he'd sign those kids up for Christian school at the start of the new year.  I believe he's being very selfish to the psychological needs of the children and is only tending to his own sadness and grief.  That makes me so sad for the children. ?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Earth Mama said:

I honestly don't think so.  I think the chat simply makes him feel better.  He's a new widower in grief & talking with others who like & admire him seems to soothe him.  I think that's one of the great things about the internet.  Now, should he be spending time with the other kids rather than chatting online?  Probably so.... but at this stage in his grief I'd say do whatever helps.  But I sure do wish he'd sign those kids up for Christian school at the start of the new year.  I believe he's being very selfish to the psychological needs of the children and is only tending to his own sadness and grief.  That makes me so sad for the children. ?

Thanks for your PoV.   I'm not watching the videos so only going on things that have been posted here.  I hope you are right.  I hope when he's not live streaming he is spending time with the kids, but I have some doubts about that

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Curious said:

I hope when he's not live streaming he is spending time with the kids, but I have some doubts about that

Me too!  Those poor kids.... 

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, Earth Mama said:

I honestly don't think so.  I think the chat simply makes him feel better.  He's a new widower in grief & talking with others who like & admire him seems to soothe him.  I think that's one of the great things about the internet.  Now, should he be spending time with the other kids rather than chatting online?  Probably so.... but at this stage in his grief I'd say do whatever helps. 

Disagree with the bolded - he has nine children who have just lost their mother.  His need for admiration from strangers on the internet for hours at a time may help him, but that comes after ensuring all those little people he helped create are fed, put to bed with some sort of love and just damn well parented.  It's not 10 minutes here or there when he's free, it's huge blocks of time when the kids are awake and around needing care.  The older boys, in particular, seem to be picking up the slack of some sort of parenting/nurturing for their grieving siblings because their father is too busy getting his ego stroked. I'd be absolutely furious at my partner if he neglected our grieving children in such a manner if I died suddenly.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Earth Mama said:

but at this stage in his grief I'd say do whatever helps. 

Really? Is it truly helpful to do whatever helps even if that inflicts harm on his children? His kids do not seem to be enjoying being exploited on Youtube so he can cope with his grief. This is not only not a healthy coping method for Tom, it is also forcing his children to hide their grief and heaping more pain on them. 

He had a fucking camera pointed at them during their mother's funeral! He is not allowing these children to grieve at all. He isn't allowing them to have coping methods, It is all about him all the time. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, Nothankyou said:

Send him to the ranch Dr. Phil!

Seriously though, hours streaming on a nightly basis. Those poor kids. I cant handle listening to much or reading the fan girl comments.  I did catch him talking about disciplining Claudia and that made Justus cry. The other kids said it was necessary so she didnt end up spoiled. Have they ever talked about what discipline methods they use? I hope they dont follow the Pearls..

Andrea did a video on child discipline.  They believe in natural consequences and she went into some detail of how it works.  A comment about spare the rod spoil the children went unanswered. I don't believe they spank at all.  I don't think Andrea believed in any punishment as she believed natural consequences were enough to teach them a lesson.

As for the kids fending for themselves for dinner, that was only for the three oldest teenagers.  Except for baby Hannah, the five youngest kids were spending the night at a cousin's birthday party. And Hannah's dinner seemed to be marshmallows.

7 hours ago, Nothankyou said:

Edited by louannems
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Tom has mentioned a few times that his eldest daughter has a youtube channel and I was curious.  There are videos about her health, about her birth mother and there's this one, which is so sad. Her beliefs go against her father's beliefs and when she says 'I'm hoping I can change it, making something else be true" you just know that it's because those around her wouldn't fully accept her completely as she is.  There are some videos with her siblings, and others with a new pet (haven't watched those yet)

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, under siege said:

I did go and have a quick look. I caught the bit where Tom was saying he hadn't eaten, he couldn't eat, but he should eat. Someone mentioned gummy bears and asked if he's heard of gummy bear pizza.
Very telling that Tom doesn't give a damn about his kids. He said 'I don't know what the kids had for dinner, they are fending for themselves tonight'.
I get that teenagers can indeed fend for themselves occasionally. Even tweens can if all the supplies are there easy to access. However, not knowing if/what the little ones have eaten?  If this was a more 'normal' family (whatever normal is anyway) I wouldn't be all that concerned but I doubt this is not a common occurrence. The kids fend for themselves while Tom discusses his grief to his 'youtube people' as they are his therapy.  Kids don't need to have an outlet for their grief because they have each other and, of course, they are 'fine' hah Tom?  No wonder CPS gets calls about this family.

I watched a few parts of the endless 3 hour live stream after it was over.  I fast forwarded a bunch but Tom did say that all kids except Thomas, Asher, Judah and Hannah were with Andrea's sister for their cousins birthday party that evening and were spending the night there.  So Justus, Eden, Solomon, Sophia and Claudia all presumably at supper at the birthday party and the older kids at home fended for themselves. 

I find it interesting that Thomas wants to move out.  He is still a Senior in "high school". Even as worthless as ACE is, I hope he finishes his courses and the family does what every Wyoming requires for them to do to show he has completed his education and gotten a diploma. 

• Upvote 6

So glad that Mileena has a voice as she's been mostly absent from the vlogs. Sounds like she has a lot of physical and mental health issues she is dealing with.   She's wheelchair bound - is there a ramp at the house for her for when she visits?  It looks like she has been spending a lot of time with the family recently which is good but I imagine the latest video is going to cause some family drama.

As far as Thomas moving out?  He seems pretty quirky/awkward to me (I say this kindly because he reminds me of one of my own children) and I'm glad he has a friend he can move out with if he chooses to live independently.  I don't know how much he actually contributes to running the household  - it always seems to be Asher. 

I was very sad to see three hours of live stream last night rather than taking that opportunity to spend one on one time with the older kids. I couldn't watch.

As far as "fending for themselves" for dinner?  I have tweens/teens and they fend for themselves all the time- I think that's typical of teens. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, HeadacheLife said:

So glad that Mileena has a voice as she's been mostly absent from the vlogs. Sounds like she has a lot of physical and mental health issues she is dealing with.   She's wheelchair bound - is there a ramp at the house for her for when she visits?  It looks like she has been spending a lot of time with the family recently which is good but I imagine the latest video is going to cause some family drama.

As far as Thomas moving out?  He seems pretty quirky/awkward to me (I say this kindly because he reminds me of one of my own children) and I'm glad he has a friend he can move out with if he chooses to live independently.  I don't know how much he actually contributes to running the household  - it always seems to be Asher. 

I was very sad to see three hours of live stream last night rather than taking that opportunity to spend one on one time with the older kids. I couldn't watch.

As far as "fending for themselves" for dinner?  I have tweens/teens and they fend for themselves all the time- I think that's typical of teens. 

Apparently she can walk short distances so I figure from their driveway or street to a door at their house isn’t far and she can manage okay. Even if she truly needed a ramp to visit, I highly doubt Tom would care to get that installed. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

Not in this lifetime, NFWay!!! Compassion and empathy with somebody's suffering is different from that. Higher standards when it comes to select a partner, no way!!!

There are women who marry incarcerated killers after just being pen pals. There are definitely women who would marry Tom, even without really knowing him. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Andrea did a video on child discipline.  They believe in natural consequences and she went into some detail of how it works.  A comment about spare the rod spoil the children went unanswered. I don't believe they spank at all.  I don't think Andrea believed in any punishment as she believed natural consequences were enough to teach them a lesson.

As for the kids fending for themselves for dinner, that was only for the three oldest teenagers.  Except for baby Hannah, the five youngest kids were spending the night at a cousin's birthday party. And Hannah's dinner seemed to be marshmallows.

I don’t know where I heard her say it but she said something to the effect of, We’re not against corporal punishment as it has its place. 

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 3

Twice in live streams, Tom has mentioned that someone sent a baby/toddler book with clear sleeves into which photos are inserted. He plans to put pictures of Andrea in the book for Hannah. He thinks it's a great book, and that Hannah will really enjoy looking at the pictures. Last night, he mentioned he hasn't gotten around to putting the pictures in because he doesn't have time, he simply doesn't have time for anything....all the while rambling on in a 3 hour live stream...

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic