Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

Dillards 80: Everybody Take a Shot!

Recommended Posts

Georgiana
Posted (edited)

(of the flu vaccine)

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day, as they say.  So too is it hard even for folks like the Dillards to be wrong about absolutely everything.  Derick is openly encouraging vaccination!  So that's not the worst!

Jill, also, is discussing stepping away to cool down when your kids get on your nerves by being kids.  Which is good.  But she sounds overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, the general pattern is for the Dillards to compensate for their agreeable stances and posts by promoting something terrible when we've been lulled into a false sense of "Maybe they're learning".  

Continued from:

 

Edited by Coconut Flan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bella8050

Her IG videos were sad. I really hope they are waiting awhile to have a third. Things could be better for Jill if they wait a couple of years and had the boys in school part of the day. I feel like they've talked so much about homeschooling though that they will just continue with things as they are. I hope it's just a bad day, but Jill's been posting about them a few times recently. For once this didn't seem like a #relatable post. She sounded and looked so down and sad. 

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seculardaisy
32 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Her IG videos were sad. I really hope they are waiting awhile to have a third. Things could be better for Jill if they wait a couple of years and had the boys in school part of the day. I feel like they've talked so much about homeschooling though that they will just continue with things as they are. I hope it's just a bad day, but Jill's been posting about them a few times recently. For once this didn't seem like a #relatable post. She sounded and looked so down and sad. 

She definitely looked drained and sad, which I get. Every parent has those days. I felt a little encouraged that she is aware that more kids equals more work and I hope this reaffirms that they’re probably waiting before number 3+. I do think Jill should probably put a stop on that getting a dog soon idea that she recently mentioned because a rambunctious dog running around certainly won’t reduce her stress. I can only hope Derick sees his wife struggling and exhausted and pitches in more with the kids.

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
Sky with diamonds

Good for Derrick getting the flu shot, I hope that means the rest of family  has or will get the flu shot as well.

 

  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
18 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So I've learned that the "abortion industry" and the government are teaming up to inject us all with poison as population control while enriching big pharma.  Did I miss anything??

😂😭

Sometimes I really want to be able to give two reactions to a post. 

A haha for you, because that’s hilarious! :happy-jumpyellow:

And for the crazies in the comment section that make Derrick Dillard look lika a wonder of sensibility: :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleCats

I came here after seeing that story to echo the sentiments of basically everyone here.  She looks overwhelmed - and I don’t blame her. I truly hope they wait for blessing number 3, or maybe *big stretch* they’ll be done at 2.  

 

I’m concerned that she’s possibly pregnant again, which caused the obvious exhaustion we she on her face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Puzzled
Charliemae
 
 
1
 Advanced issues found
 
 
29 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

 

I’m concerned that she’s possibly pregnant again, which caused the obvious exhaustion we she on her face.

I agree. The way she said "and this is with only two kids" felt like she was talking to herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
JanasTattooParlor
1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

I came here after seeing that story to echo the sentiments of basically everyone here.  She looks overwhelmed - and I don’t blame her. I truly hope they wait for blessing number 3, or maybe *big stretch* they’ll be done at 2.  

 

I’m concerned that she’s possibly pregnant again, which caused the obvious exhaustion we she on her face.

I started to have the same thought. Like maybe she just found out that she's expecting again and she's realizing that she's really going to be overwhelmed with three kids. I'm really hoping that isn't the case though and that she realizes that parenting is hard and that it's just not feasible to have 19 kids that can be perfectly cared for like her parents tried to portray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freshlemonade

Jill doesn't seem to rely on "the big house" nearly as much as Jessa and Anna do when it comes to keeping the kids occupied/getting out of the house.  I wonder why that is?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knight of Ni

Do you need an Instagram account to see her videos. I don't have an account and I can see pictures but can't place the videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

I think Jill needs to focus on not needing constant validation for every little thing she does. She seems very self absorbed and clearly isn't paying her kids enough attention if they can get up and do all this. It's not hard to listen for your children. If you watch them, they won't get into things and make huge messes. Where was she that all of that happened?

I know there's a lot of sympathy here for Jill that I can't relate to but she needs to focus less on sharing things on IG and more on her actual family. Her husband is useless and that sucks, but she has no job other than raise these kids plus eleventy hundred family members she could meet up with to preoccupy them as well. She could get them out of the house, get them on a routine, she could do so many things.

But she'd rather beg for people to relate to her online. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

oh Derick. Bless Your Heart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nvmbr02
17 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Do you need an Instagram account to see her videos. I don't have an account and I can see pictures but can't place the videos. 

The videos are on her stories, go to her instagram page and click on the little profile picture on the top and you should be able to view them. They are only on for 24 hours after posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology
3 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

The videos are on her stories, go to her instagram page and click on the little profile picture on the top and you should be able to view them. They are only on for 24 hours after posting. 

Each time I've tried that I get an Instagram login page, as if I have to have an account. It also gives me the option of logging in via Facebook but I'm afraid if I do then something might auto post to my FB page letting everyone know that I'm looking at Jill's instagram. Can't let that happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PurpleCats

I’ve come to have a soft spot for Jill.  We have heard stories about her as a child, but some people are just annoying/naughty as children due to their environment. Had she grown up with different parents, she may have had her innate “achiever” needs met by excelling at school and extra curriculars.

 

As she’s gotten older, I just feel like her circumstances have held her back.  She married someone because Daddy told her too and expected a perfect ‘godly’ marriage and life.  Instead, he’s quit his job, dragged her way out of her comfort zone, she never really got to have a career like she had tried to have, and now she’s stuck catering to married to a know it all that has objectively been better educated. 

She has rebelled in subtle ways (pants, nose ring), but she doesn’t seem like someone with the fortitude to fight back. (Birth control, a job, etc.). She’s trying to be perfect in a role that just doesn’t play to her strengths.   I think she’d make a wonderful L&D nurse (with proper schooling), as she comes across as very cheery and appears interested in the subject.  

  • Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SorenaJ

Could she not get Johanna or Jennifer to live there and help? Or a live-in teenage girl of one of their friends. If JB and Michelle know 1000 people, surely one of them would have a teenage daughter who could move in and help. 

I feel bad for Jill. Imagine being married to Derick. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 9
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
squiddysquid
9 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Could she not get Johanna or Jennifer to live there and help? Or a live-in teenage girl of one of their friends. If JB and Michelle know 1000 people, surely one of them would have a teenage daughter who could move in and help. 

I feel bad for Jill. Imagine being married to Derick. 

Maybe because she doesn't want them to be sister-moms like she had to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FleeJanaFree

Imagine your parents making you move in as free labor to the Dillard's. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patsymae

"If you watch them, they won't get into things and make huge messes."

 

This is a joke, right?

 

  • Upvote 21
  • Fuck You 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOneAndOnly
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

oh Derick. Bless Your Heart.

 

Realistically I know it's not a big deal but the image of a grown man (or whatever Derick is classified as) having a lunchbox makes me laugh. No matter how I try I keep picturing him with one of those plastic ones with cartoons on it.  #petty #easilyamused

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 minute ago, patsymae said:

"If you watch them, they won't get into things and make huge messes."

 

This is a joke, right?

 

Yes and no. Yes, they make messes, but all those messes in 1 day? It takes time to spread chocolate all over the kitchen and pencil marks to happen on the walls. I have a feeling that Jill ( and Derick) check out a lot, probably to follow in JB and M’s favorite activity. I don’t think Jill remembers the early days when JB and M were realllllly busy and before she and Jana stepped in to help. Jill is now living those early days as the parent, and one who is alone a lot. Michelle clearly was made of much tougher stuff than her own kids. Again, likely because she operated in the real world for her formative years. Jill seems to lake basic common sense.

  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nvmbr02
1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Each time I've tried that I get an Instagram login page, as if I have to have an account. It also gives me the option of logging in via Facebook but I'm afraid if I do then something might auto post to my FB page letting everyone know that I'm looking at Jill's instagram. Can't let that happen!

It is allowing you to log into Instagram using your facebook account instead of making an instagram account.  I've never done that since I do have an account on instagram. It doesn't post on your profile (Facebook or Instagram) when you view someone's page or story. It does post on instagram when you like or comment on a post. And I don't post instagram stories but i know the account holder can see who has viewed their stories. Though, I would be surprised if Jill pays too close of attention to that since there has to be 100s of people that view her stories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perrierwithlemon
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

oh Derick. Bless Your Heart.

 

This reminds me of that one episode of Friends where someone takes Ross’s turkey/thanksgiving sandwich! 😂

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
indianabones
4 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

Jill doesn't seem to rely on "the big house" nearly as much as Jessa and Anna do when it comes to keeping the kids occupied/getting out of the house.  I wonder why that is?  

One of the reasons could be that she lives further away than Jessa and Anna do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.