IGNORED

Dillards 80: Everybody Take a Shot!

Georgiana

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I can’t imagine sharing someone else’s heartache and tragedy at a very raw and emotional time. She is literally senseless.

Exactly. 

What was Jill's motivation here?   Ummm, let me think, could it be...

Attention for Jilly Muffin!

Yes, it doesn't eclipse anything Jill Rodrigues has done (smiling selfie in front of children's caskets) but it is tasteless and unnecessary and done for selfish reasons.

Edited by JenniferJuniper
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I double checked the Facebook account of her husband and it has pictures of them and Tyler and the Duggar's and they mention Timothy's birth and passing. I hope this isn't someone making up a fake Facebook and stirring crap because it looked real or I would not have posted on here. 

Oh no :( Sorry for the bad info. Very sad situation all around. 

Even if Rachel was “ok” with Muffy sharing pics from Timothy’s funeral, that doesn’t mean it was a good idea.  It would be one thing if she was sharing with actual friends and family, but she doesn’t know the vast majority of her 1.6M followers and I’m sure she’s well aware of how the tabs cover her social media.  While it’s true she didn’t name Rachel, the comments from Venessa Giron and Karessa Holt made it clear it was someone close to the Duggars, which made it pretty easy to figure out.

IMO,  Jill doesn’t deserve a pass on this one, despite her upbringing.  She posted her cousin’s grief for attention, pure and simple. If she was truly considerate of Rachel’s feelings, she would have limited her sharing or made her post more generic and not about *her* feelings.  It’s simply not her grief to share with such a wide audience.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I don't think Jill understand boundaries at these events. She was raised in a family where there were no boundaries. Everything that might bring in TV ratings was filmed. This included her grandfathers last few weeks of care and his funeral, her baby sisters brush with death and her many medical emergencies, her mother miscarriage and funeral on live TV, her grandmother's funeral, and MANY minor events. All of them should have been private but her parents sold them for the all mighty dollar. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Could be a stock photo, I wonder? It is pretty sadly, perfect... 

I personally would not post a pic like that but I do think a generic stock photo is more acceptable than the actual coffin. 

If it is not a stock photo. It is a really beautiful, Touching photo of a horrific time. 

I suspect they did a butterfly release.

If they didn’t and that little guy just landed all by himself, would be so spiritual for me that I would have tried to snap a photo at an appropriate time. If that time didn’t happen. I would take comfort in the small blessing I just witnessed. 
Jill doesn’t do “fluffy” spiritual stuff, so to her to this would be just a lovely photo of a very sad time. 

I don’t  think her post is all that bad really ?‍♀️

death is a part of life and a very important part of her life because it means going back to Jesus 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I believe Cash, like the Carters, is considered "more influential" because both not only nurtured new artists, but actually promoted them within the ranks of country music. On Cash's show, for instance, he introduced many acts from the folk scene in particular, and he covered some of their music.  So the exposure for new artists is what I think Burns was going for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see popularity and influence as two separate entities. Strait, Alabama, Brooks, Rogers, all extremely popular artists, but have they (and I don't know) brought along other artists the way Roy Acuff, Bill Monroe,  et. al. on the Opry did. This is not to say they're not IMPORTANT.  I believe they've advanced country music, too, and I did wonder why some of them got such short shrift on the series. Of course, to me, the series could have been twice as long and I'd have been happy.

Minnie Pearl's humor was concise and intelligent. A smidge of it would have been nice, I agree.

Some have some havent.
Modern Artist that carry on the flame and help young artists out :

Opry members 
Carrie Underwood
Brad Paisley  ( Also brings people like John Fogerty to the Opry!) 
Dierks Bentley
Darius Rucker
Keith Urban
Kelsea Ballerini ( I expect her to really blow Up in the next year or two)

Non Opry Members
Miranda Lambert

Eric Church
Kacey Musgraves 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

There might be pictures at Mr. Xtian's funeral on Thursday. It will probably be me and the family. This is the first time the WHOLE family will be in one place. However, there will be no pictures of Mr. Xtian's urn. That's just not cool in my point of view. It's the same reason I didn't publish an obituary for him. He was a very private person and I will continue to respect that. 

I have some pictures from when he was in hospice, those are PRIVATE as hell, and will never be shared on any form of social media. The only reason I took them was on advice of my attorney for the malpractice lawsuit to show how fast he went down hill from the time he started radiation (about 2 months before). 

I 've been thinking about you and hope you feel supported by your community. ???

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

In my mind I feel very alone...I know I'm not but it just feels that way. Mostly because I've had half of me taken away. I'll eventually learn to live as a "party of one"...but it's only been 7 weeks since he died...it's still an adjustment to not having him here. 

I can only begin to imagine what it's like. My heart hurts for you. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

IMO,  Jill doesn’t deserve a pass on this one, despite her upbringing.  She posted her cousin’s grief for attention, pure and simple. If she was truly considerate of Rachel’s feelings, she would have limited her sharing or made her post more generic and not about *her* feelings.  It’s simply not her grief to share with such a wide audience.

I wish there was a stand up and cheer reaction for this.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

@SportsgalAnnie,  I know that Darius Rucker contributed some comments to the series, but did Dirks Bently?  I think he may have.  I know both musicians performed at the show in March at Ryman that many PBS stations showed a week or two before the premiere of the series.

I need to tell my daughter about Darius being on the series and at the concert.  She was a huge Hootie and the Blowfish fan during their heyday.  Plus she reminded me recently how we always used to listen to Dwight Yoakum's Guitars, Cadilacs, Etc in the car.  (Note to self: get a CD of Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc for the car.  I don't have a cassette player in the Mini.)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Even if Rachel was “ok” with Muffy sharing pics from Timothy’s funeral, that doesn’t mean it was a good idea.  It would be one thing if she was sharing with actual friends and family, but she doesn’t know the vast majority of her 1.6M followers and I’m sure she’s well aware of how the tabs cover her social media.  While it’s true she didn’t name Rachel, the comments from Venessa Giron and Karessa Holt made it clear it was someone close to the Duggars, which made it pretty easy to figure out.

I agree now,at first I was on the fence about it but none of the other Duggar's posted pictures or even mentioned it on social media. She may not have mentioned Rachel and her husband by name but people said in the comments it was Rachel's baby quickly, one person asked if it was Amy or Sierra that lost their child.

Rachel and Michael lost a son Tyler has lost a brother, they haven't posted much about what happened and they don't need to, they may end up with unwanted attention now Jill has hilighted it to the public, Pickles already contacted her when she was pregnant and I wouldn't put it past her to do it again. Lauren has been getting pushback for some of her posts and being insensitive and this is a lot worse, even Lauren knew better than to post anything this time. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, PennySycamore said:

@SportsgalAnnie,  I know that Darius Rucker contributed some comments to the series, but did Dirks Bently?  I think he may have.  I know both musicians performed at the show in March at Ryman that many PBS stations showed a week or two before the premiere of the series.

I need to tell my daughter about Darius being on the series and at the concert.  She was a huge Hootie and the Blowfish fan during their heyday.  Plus she reminded me recently how we always used to listen to Dwight Yoakum's Guitars, Cadilacs, Etc in the car.  (Note to self: get a CD of Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc for the car.  I don't have a cassette player in the Mini.)

I haven't watched it yet, I know Dierks is going back to the old ways of the Opry where it's two originals and a cover. The list I made was just who I've seen live/would pay money for. 

Darius is one of my favorite performers, no one sings with as much heart and emotion.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 10/15/2019 at 6:46 PM, feministxtian said:

There might be pictures at Mr. Xtian's funeral on Thursday. It will probably be me and the family. This is the first time the WHOLE family will be in one place. However, there will be no pictures of Mr. Xtian's urn. That's just not cool in my point of view. It's the same reason I didn't publish an obituary for him. He was a very private person and I will continue to respect that. 

I have some pictures from when he was in hospice, those are PRIVATE as hell, and will never be shared on any form of social media. The only reason I took them was on advice of my attorney for the malpractice lawsuit to show how fast he went down hill from the time he started radiation (about 2 months before). 

My family's did that when most of the family gathered for my grandfather's funeral years ago for the similar reasons. It was the first time most of the family had been together since Grandma died years before and that had been the last time the entire family gathered but hadn't taken a picture because we had no way to know that was the last time the entire family would be together. Grandpa was diagnosed with Alzheimers not long after her death and went to a nursing home, the family drifted a part. So when most of us gathered for Grandpa's funeral we made sure to get one. We did the same thing for relatives that came for my mother's funeral.  

• Love 4

I have been lurking on Jill lately and (I know you all know this) I am baffled at how pathetic she is. She makes a big deal of such small things, and seriously victimizes herself. It’s not a good look, dear.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Derick has been responding to tweets about his possible falling out with JB and the whole controversy surrounding Sam’s birth

Spoiler

BDD982C9-60A8-48E1-BFDD-0B06F4721FE9.thumb.jpeg.4d0da80516b8219cbf8eadc904d78b54.jpeg

Spoiler

B567BB0C-0F64-4DD6-9B76-4867959FE5A0.thumb.jpeg.f70a5b42000be4e9205a8ec58cd236fb.jpeg
051700A5-B2D9-4D3E-A521-D51C2CC2FAD8.thumb.jpeg.6436dbb270e9b2d1d30eb377bfbc22c9.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 34
  • Love 1

He must be talking about Israel not Sam, TLC made nothing on Sam.

He also almost confirmed, without quiet doing so, ghat JB gets the money...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

He also almost confirmed, without quiet doing so, ghat JB gets the money...

I thought maybe since they couldn’t reach a negotiation, that they decided to not air Sam’s birth or something. But you’re right, they wouldn’t have made money ?

• Upvote 5

If I have even the slightest ability to make a deduction (I know, I know, I’ve have been rewatching BBC’s Sherlock too much lately) based off of Derick’s tweet, it’s that Jim Boob and he did indeed have a falling out. He basically confirms it. Nobody would reply with “Why would you hope that?” if the rumors were totally untrue. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 23

12 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I thought they filmed Sam's birth episode but then not aired it because everything went south. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, viii said:

I thought they filmed Sam's birth episode but then not aired it because everything went south. 

That was my impression. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic