IGNORED

Dillards 80: Everybody Take a Shot!

Georgiana

She could probably just buy equal products at ELF for like $12.

But then she won't be invited over to her friends house for a sales pitch   masking party and playdate for her kids. 

Edited by bella8050
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I'm really intrigued by her reading that book! I looked it up on amazon, on the surface it looked like a book I'd like to actually read, but click on the author and books like "the purity code" came up, so, no. But why is Jill? Her kids are so small, and if she's reading it with regard to her relationship with her folks, why not find a book from the adult child's perspective? Interesting. 

• Upvote 4

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, theotherelise said:

On her stories (according to a bit of the title and a chapter which are visible), Jill is reading this book: Doing Life with Your Adult Children: Keep Your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mat Out

Interesting. More on the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DT3K6FG?ref=aw_sitb_digital-text

God I HATE the term "doing life with", it makes me see red. LIVE LIFE, not DO LIFE. ARG.

Ok, rant over. I just can't. It's such a hipster church term these days.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

God I HATE the term "doing life with", it makes me see red. LIVE LIFE, not DO LIFE. ARG.

Oh my god, SAME. It is so grating to me. And I know that it is sometimes a southern term (which I learned about here, I live in Indiana, so not southern at all) but a girl that I used to work with who is deeeeeeep into an evangelical church here is always begging people to come and "church with her" so she and Jesus can "love on them hard" and so that people can all "do life together with each other and Jesus" and it really annoys me. Mostly because that person annoys me, and it's all. the. time. The church's whole tag line seems to be "Don't Do Life Alone" :roll:

also rant over

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

Would you be okay with "Purpose to experience Life with"? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 40
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Would you be okay with "Purpose to experience Life with"? ?

oh god. HAHA

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

The term "doing life" always reminds me of Merle... at about 53 seconds..

https://youtu.be/UKuc4nfJByc

100% off topic but until I watched the Ken Burns Country Music documentary this week, I had no idea that young Merle Haggard was such a looker. Mind blown.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

100% off topic but until I watched the Ken Burns Country Music documentary this week, I had no idea that young Merle Haggard was such a looker. Mind blown.

I didn't either! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

a girl that I used to work with who is deeeeeeep into an evangelical church here is always begging people to come and "church with her" so she and Jesus can "love on them hard" 

Am Christian, but if someone asked me to come church with her so Jesus could love on me hard, I’d be giggling too hard to answer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 7

22 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Am Christian, but if someone asked me to come church with her so Jesus could love on me hard, I’d be giggling too hard to answer. 

I'm an 'evil' Catholic and if they asked me I'd tell them where to go, I'm not deeply religious and usually respect others beliefs but when people like Jill and Derick insult the faith I was brought up with because it's not their version of Christianity, I have no time for that. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

As much as I loathe Jill and Derrick, it does seem like he's the only adult male who has figured out that he has to get a job and support his family. If he passes the bar he probably will get some kind of Joshy-like position with a horrible agency, but at least he'll be going to work. And he actually delivered the pizzas instead of just using them for product placement. I can't believe I'm saying this, but have to give the dude a little credit for finally getting off his ass. And being in a real school competing with serious students may be something of an eye opener for him. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 12

7 minutes ago, patsymae said:

As much as I loathe Jill and Derrick, it does seem like he's the only adult male who has figured out that he has to get a job and support his family. If he passes the bar he probably will get some kind of Joshy-like position with a horrible agency, but at least he'll be going to work. And he actually delivered the pizzas instead of just using them for product placement. I can't believe I'm saying this, but have to give the dude a little credit for finally getting off his ass. And being in a real school competing with serious students may be something of an eye opener for him. 

And this is probably one of the reasons why he seemingly has no use for the Duggars. Beyond Jesus and Jill, all the other things they espouse, he does not. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

On 10/11/2019 at 2:56 PM, Screamapillar said:

Wasn't he just. And didn't you LOVE that special?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Wasn't he just. And didn't you LOVE that special?

Not as hot as the young Kris Kristofferson, though.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 10/11/2019 at 2:56 PM, Screamapillar said:

Haven’t  seen it yet I’m planning on getting it for Mr. OneKid for Christmas. 

Merle is okay, but he got nothing on Ray Wylie Hubbard or James McMurty. Lord ham Mercury they make my heart go potty pat

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

My piano teacher, back in the '70s, had a poster of Merle Haggard on her wall. She taught me to love all kinds of music and had me play everything from Mozart to Gershwin to Simon and Garfunkel.  But it was Merle Haggard that she had hanging on her wall.  :)And the Ken Burns Country Music documentary is great!

• Upvote 5

I don't think it's a coincidence that right after we started talking about Jill's relationship with her family and whether she has friends or not that she started posting a lot more stuff about her social life and time spent with siblings. And not a single ugly recipe post in two whole weeks!

Hi Jill!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Jill girl if you're lurking please reconsider getting a puppy. They will get into way worse messes than this. And sorry I don't believe this took on a couple of seconds. Filming them after something like this happens is just going to teach them that they get attention when they make messes.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I love his little giggle at the end. I also believe it took more than 3 seconds to make all those marks with the charcoal.

• Upvote 8

I was just reading some of the comments on the instagram pictures of the charcoal mess.  There's a back-and-forth where one commenter expressed the idea that the kids are bored and need more to do and also that they need to be made to clean up their own messes so that they have a bit of a disincentive to making them in the first place and there are the expected sort of leghumper comments along the lines of 'why are you here if you are just going to be negative' but there's also one commenter in particular, maybe two, who are arguing back that kids need to learn how to entertain themselves without parent input (I agree with this part) and that basically, you shouldn't need to provide them with anything like sidewalk chalk, more backyard toys, etc.  I don't know, maybe it's an old lady that doesn't remember what toddlers and preschoolers are like .. I mean, yes... of course it's nice that kids learn to amuse themselves outdoors with sticks and running in circles but Jill has a very plain manicured backyard, it's not like there's a creek with materials to build a fort or like these kids are old enough to organize a game of kickball with the neighbors. 

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I don't know, maybe it's an old lady that doesn't remember what toddlers and preschoolers are like .. I mean, yes... of course it's nice that kids learn to amuse themselves outdoors with sticks and running in circles but Jill has a very plain manicured backyard, it's not like there's a creek with materials to build a fort or like these kids are old enough to organize a game of kickball with the neighbors. 

I think you are right! Everything you said reminded me of this video: 

I really wish Jill could watch this video. I think her boys would be much happier if they were allowed to play like this. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

It may have taken more that 3.2 seconds for Izzy and Sam to make that much mess, but it didn't take long and I applaud their ingenuity in discovering that burnt charcoal could be used like sidewalk chalk.  

We lived at the edge of the woods when I was a kid and we traipsed all over the woods despite the briars, chiggers, and yeah, snakes.  We had  creek with a great swimming hole nearby and went there quite a lot in the summer even if it was a hike to get there.  We also walked to the town pool about a mile away.  There was the holly thicket we called Hollywood, the town water line with the length of exposed pipe that we'd walk across, the granite outcrop we named Table Rock we'd climb on, the cemetery, that abandoned road that has been a lover's lane and that was littered with beer cans and old rubbers.  Especially when we first moved into our neighborhood, they were building a number of new houses and we used to play at the construction sites all the time.  We didn't need adventure playgrounds, but today's kids do.

• Upvote 17

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic