IGNORED

Dillards 80: Everybody Take a Shot!

Georgiana

just those pics make me wanna smack him!!! what did they do? I have not got access to my phone to check.

Also (off topic) is there somewhere on this site that shows me how to put things in the spoiler bar I don't know how and got chipped recently for posting to many pics not under a spoiler....Cheers

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh Dwreck was threatening TLC telling them to Lawyer up....Oh now I get it...

Yes yes Dwreck TLC will be so scared of you and your half finished law degree......

Now we know why he went into law.

He is not wrong about TLC and money. They did film the Gosselin children recently after a judge denied work permits. The judge said filming was not in the children's best interest. The episode was pulled quicker after their father told told the media about it.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

just those pics make me wanna smack him!!! what did they do? I have not got access to my phone to check.

Also (off topic) is there somewhere on this site that shows me how to put things in the spoiler bar I don't know how and got chipped recently for posting to many pics not under a spoiler....Cheers

Sam is, I believe, in the bathroom during all this and he's singing a tune that's vaguely like the Alphabet Song and doing different vocalizations to hear the echo of his voice on the tile floor. (At least that's how I interpret it...). The camera is focused on Derick, who is moving his mouth along with Sam's words and noises, with this smug and mocking look on his face. Jill laughs in the background. It's honestly pretty worrying.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

22 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Whoa!

Why? Why? Why? 

These 2 have as much sense as....

How to you save a video from Instagram? 

Because this is the Dillards we're talking about. Mocking their 2 year old on social media is a thing they think is #relatable

• Upvote 17

I had to go look at the Instagram thing.  Sam was singing "w -x -y and z"  over and over and Derick was mouthing along with a stupid look on his face while Jill filmed him.  I mean, yes, when your kid sings the same line of a song 30 times in a row it can get a little old, but that was a very contemptuous thing to put out there in public about your own child.  Kids are sponges and they will absolutely get the message that dad thinks they are ridiculous and annoying and that mom would rather laugh along with dad than stand up to him. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 12

19 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Sam is, I believe, in the bathroom during all this and he's singing a tune that's vaguely like the Alphabet Song and doing different vocalizations to hear the echo of his voice on the tile floor. (At least that's how I interpret it...). The camera is focused on Derick, who is moving his mouth along with Sam's words and noises, with this smug and mocking look on his face. Jill laughs in the background. It's honestly pretty worrying.

Ha! I came here to say exactly that. Watching Derick mock his little son made me dislike him even more than I previously thought possible. And Jill either has no clue or no backbone. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Just now, FluffySnowball said:

Ha! I came here to say exactly that. Watching Derick mock his little son made me dislike him even more than I previously thought possible. And Jill either has no clue or no backbone. 

She's never had a clue OR a backbone... 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

True, @Cheetah, and kids need to repeat things many many many times. They love repetition, that’s just normal. But if Derick really wants to hear something else, why doesn’t he go to Sam, interact with him and initiate another game/sing another song? 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Some additional screenshots of Derick’s recent Twitter activity.

Spoiler

16904A93-025C-46D8-BC2F-15A1C525221D.png

7EC9238B-09C7-44C5-80F1-EA42475C36FA.png

1C6F1CC6-8E5F-462F-A200-24D969AAEA4D.jpeg

4935FAE9-1E26-4F71-9C3E-9CF132A65AB2.png

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Ugh. I will never figure out spoilers. Mods, feel free to edit.
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 14

All the non Duggar husbands were fools to sign onto a show where they were told the paycheck was going to JB and they wouldn't be receiving anything. Especially once the show restarted as CO. But then they also agreed to marry someone they weren't allowed to be in a room alone with before the wedding. Reap what you sow or some shiz like that.

Wreck seems pretty bitter about TV producers not caring about the people on their show. Hahahaha. They care more about the money? This is shocking information. I'm sure they are quaking over the thought of being sued by Derick Dillard.

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

True, @Cheetah, and kids need to repeat things many many many times. They love repetition, that’s just normal. But if Derick really wants to hear something else, why doesn’t he go to Sam, interact with him and initiate another game/sing another song? 

That would  take common sense and good parenting. Which I don't think Derick  has.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Yep he replied to someone who asked if he was 19KAC and CO and he said both.

Derick your wife's name was in the title of the show when they started CO. At that point they needed both the married girls. That was the time to put your foot down. Probably the weakest spot JB had been in, and will be unless there's another paper trail bombshell to be found. 

• Upvote 7

Personally, I don’t think there was any cancellation or renegotiating going on between 19kac and CO. It was simply a rebranding effort and the plan all along was to reintroduce Boobchelle.  The family’s appeal was always about them as a family unit, not individuals or couples.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Someone helped me figure out how to use spoilers- I’ll copy paste and PM you ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

Someone helped me figure out how to use spoilers- I’ll copy paste and PM you ?

Me too, please!

• Upvote 2

@AussieKrissy @QuiverFullofBooks

I’ll just post it here... hope that is okay.?

( it was @Jellybean who helped me) ?

There are two ways to get the picture(s) into the spoiler box. For both of them, upload the photo with the paper clip (click to choose files) as you did when you added the pic to your post in the JillRod thread. Then either:

1. Click the spoiler ‘eye’ icon to add the spoiler box. Tap/click inside the box and then tap/click on the image below the message field (where you type). You should see it appear immediately in the spoiler box. Add any other images to the same spoiler box by clicking on them in turn and making sure you can see them in the spoiler box. If you want to put them in their own boxes, click outside the first spoiler box and use the eye icon to add another spoiler box and add photos to it as above. 

Or

2. Click on the photos in order from below the message field and they should appear in the message field. Select one or more of them and click on the eye to put a spoiler box around them. If you want them in separate boxes, select them one at a time and click on the eye to add a spoiler box around each one

If you want to try it, you can head over to the SOTDRT subforum, where there is a test section for people to try out various things. 

Edited by Starrynight
To add tags
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

I have zero sympathy for the Dillards. It's his own fault for signing that contract. No one forced him to be on TV and allow his father in law to get the money. It's also hilarious that he's telling a major network to "lawyer up" like they don't have law firms on retainer that could easily bankrupt Wreck's smug ass in court.

I also think it's ridiculous how some people are eating this up and begging for him to write a tell all. Of all the people who could write about this family, Wreck would be the least believable.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

What an asshole! Don't have kids if you hate them or find them annoying at best. What he does is mocking and belittling Sam.

Seriously I can't remember him ever looking like an adoring father or saying anything remotely loving about either of his sons.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

Derrick is super insecure. He comes off as the type of guy that is threatened by any other male. I bet he will be making fun of those little boys until they are big enough to fight back and then he will just cut them out of the family. They may be the Duggar couple that would have been better off with daughters. Daughters who would live under their father’s authority without question.  ?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I have zero sympathy for the Dillards. It's his own fault for signing that contract. No one forced him to be on TV and allow his father in law to get the money. 

I don’t think there was any contract for him to sign, which would track with his ‘volunteers’ statement that Austin also verified.  Boob has a number of companies, and the contract is probably between one of these companies and Figure8/TLC.  Boob then finances their lifestyles, and that’s how he gets them to play ball.  It would also explain why TLC wouldn’t talk to Derick about anything.

I do agree that it’s his own fault because he would have to agree to this arrangement before he married Jill.  Besides, it was Derick who approached Boob with an agenda, and that agenda didn’t initially include Jill.  Derick tried to play a game that he wasn’t equipped to play, and he got owned.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I have zero sympathy for the Dillards. It's his own fault for signing that contract. No one forced him to be on TV and allow his father in law to get the money. It's also hilarious that he's telling a major network to "lawyer up" like they don't have law firms on retainer that could easily bankrupt Wreck's smug ass in court.

I think it's his over inflated ego at work.There are major networks under fire for turning a blind eye to sexual assault by their top people and they're still standing. But Derick thinks he's gonna take down TLC over his FIL getting the check instead of him.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's his own fault for signing that contract. No one forced him to be on TV and allow his father in law to get the money. 

He seems to be saying that he didn’t sign a contract. He said some time ago that he thought the show was a ministry. In other words, he assumed that the Duggars were not paid for the show. When he found out that Jim Bob was being paid, and was only doling out $ to the kids on his terms, he flounced. But yeah, I’m sure Discovery’s legal department is very amused by “lawyer up.” 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic