IGNORED

Nattie Darnell wants a 1950s housewife!

Marian the Librarian

57 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

I think I'm honestly too mixed to pull off vintage.  That explains why any retro look of mine is more '80s or grunge.

I'm a hippie-grunge gal -- basic jeans and sneakers and flannel with hippie skirts and bare feet. All with sleeveless shirts, sometimes the flannel becomes a cardigan. 

• Love 1

Just this afternoon, my 21-year-old niece and I agreed that 66-year-old me can’t really pull off vintage—there’s the very real danger that people might think that I haven’t bothered buying new clothes since the ‘80s. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

Does wearing mom jeans for the past 30 years count as dressing in a vintage style?

Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Does wearing mom jeans for the past 30 years count as dressing in a vintage style?

Asking for a friend.

Mom jeans are so in right now. You’re as cool as the other side of the pillow. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, Hane said:

Just this afternoon, my 21-year-old niece and I agreed that 66-year-old me can’t really pull off vintage—there’s the very real danger that people might think that I haven’t bothered buying new clothes since the ‘80s. ?

Well, @Hane, I basically have the same hairstyle I had in high school.  It's just parted on the side instead of the middle.  I still wear hippie threads a lot, too.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

On 10/2/2019 at 10:09 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Nattie was one of Doug Phillips' (AKA DPIAT) more obnoxious Vision Forum interns. He used to write a blog called "Persevero!" and was known for his celebrated "in praise of normativity" post about the Peter Bradrick-Kelly Brown wedding.

He's 37, never married, and I believe still lives under his parents' roof. There's lots about him on FJ if you search his name.

He’s actually pushing more like 39 this year isn’t he? And having tried about 9 times to get a girl hooked has never been successful. His younger brother was separated, divorced, and remarried in a span of only 2 years and his other two 25+ year old siblings are unmarried and still live at home last I heard. LOL Sounds like a real winning family to get your 50’s on with, eh?

On 10/3/2019 at 4:21 AM, hoipolloi said:

Nathaniel was (probably still is) a theonomist and used to run a FB group devoted to discussing how great it will be when the entire US comes under the subjugation of people like him. When they weren't qvelling about taking over the world, group members argued with each other over who was right (or wrong) about their theology.

Katie Botkin unpacked some of the revolting beliefs behind theonomy in this essay on Roy Moore, which mentions Darnell:

Darnell is a disgusting piece of work and it's probably just as well that he hasn't managed to reproduce, either with a 1950s housewife or anyone else.

Not for lack of trying. ?

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Not for lack of trying. ?

Well, there's trying and then there's "trying."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

He’s actually pushing more like 39 this year isn’t he? And having tried about 9 times to get a girl hooked has never been successful. His younger brother was separated, divorced, and remarried in a span of only 2 years and his other two 25+ year old siblings are unmarried and still live at home last I heard. LOL Sounds like a real winning family to get your 50’s on with, eh

So it would seem that I'm not the only stay at home son to have been homeschooled .  I wonder how prevalent a trend this might be ?  In setting out to effect a stay at home daughter movement , they very well might have in the process spawned a stay at home son phenomenon .   Only , it doesn't seem as if SAHS get the same respectful recognition by these fundamentalists that their SAHD counterparts do .  This then seems to breed resentment , and frustration in such young men , resulting in a number of us turning to radical political standpoints , of some sort or another , whether radical right  , or alternatively  far left  , as we feel displaced , and disillusioned by mainstream society .   This may help to explain why Nattie Darnell longs for a mythic golden age  , and I seek an enlightened utopia .  Oh wow , this forum , while intended for snark , has yet again given me psychoanalytic insight . And also brought to mind these two songs .  

• Upvote 7

So just keep in mind: all children (which is anyone unmarried) are to remain at home you know, and follow the authoritative rules of the father. Unless you don’t want to. Then you tell other people to follow those rules but ignore them yourself. (I have it on good authority the elder Darnell’s are teetotalers while the last possible Mrs Natty D left the household after he insisted on driving after heavily imbibing.....).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

So just keep in mind: all children (which is anyone unmarried) are to remain at home you know, and follow the authoritative rules of the father. Unless you don’t want to. Then you tell other people to follow those rules but ignore them yourself. (I have it on good authority the elder Darnell’s are teetotalers while the last possible Mrs Natty D left the household after he insisted on driving after heavily imbibing.....).

Yeah , it would seem that this might generally be the case over all , at least due to the influence of the IBLP devotees on certain men in the churches .  When my own father seemed to buy into this , I let him know in no uncertain terms where he could stick it .  I just believe that if a man thinks that he can get away with bossing you , he will likewise feel that he may beat you , whenever he feels so inclined .  So I just decided to stand up for myself , and nip that assumption of authority in the bud .  I still tend to acquiesce with whatever anyone asks of me though , unless I find a good reason not to , in keeping with Matt 5 : 42

• Love 3

On 10/3/2019 at 4:02 AM, Ozlsn said:

If he really wants a 1950s housewife he's going to need a Delorian, some nuclear power, a stereotypical mad scientist/inventor, the time travel gizmo... and a puffy vest.

Also has he never heard of the 1940s pin ups? You know, the ones the soldiers had?

What does he do for gainful employment?

Insurance salesman - I’ve heard he is the kind that scares and bullies people into buying policies AND he once posted on Facebook a photo of his grinning face handing a tear-stained widow a check talking about the perks of the job. 

oh oh oh fun fact. Heard from someone closely connected that he earned some cruise to the Bahamas and took his mom to get praise and admiration on social media but weeks prior had screamed at her to the point of tears for not getting his shirt ironed In time. Yes. You read that right. 

• WTF 10

3 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Insurance salesman - I’ve heard he is the kind that scares and bullies people into buying policies AND he once posted on Facebook a photo of his grinning face handing a tear-stained widow a check talking about the perks of the job. 

oh oh oh fun fact. Heard from someone closely connected that he earned some cruise to the Bahamas and took his mom to get praise and admiration on social media but weeks prior had screamed at her to the point of tears for not getting his shirt ironed In time. Yes. You read that right. 

No wonder no one wants to marry him.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

• 5 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They would have to love a full head of helmet hair and sweater vests.

4B021E8E-E2FC-4F17-8389-2582771C1120.jpeg

So I'm catching up on Natty D (had missed out on this delight until stumbling upon the recent engagement post). I showed my husband this picture, and he said, "I've got candy, children." ??

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

• 1 year later...

So I'm friends with a Natty ex.  His hair came up in a conversation recently.  Another friend asked "Like did he come out of the womb with every strand of hair in place? Because it looked like it was set in stone and had been in that arrangement since he crawled out of the slime". 

Turns out, he takes longer to get ready than his ex - a woman doing full hair and makeup.  

• Haha 4
  • Thank You 1