IGNORED

Nattie Darnell wants a 1950s housewife!

Marian the Librarian

Wait... what?  He’s arguing that there should be at least two or three witnesses to a specific molestation incident or it didn’t happen?  That is so fucked up im having a hard time wrapping my brain around it.

First off- mostly going to assume that kind of thing happens in private, or around like-minded individuals.  Like, if the people witnessing it are willing to testify about it later, would they not just step in and stop the incident in the first place?  (*maybe not, if the witnesses are little kids, physically incapable of stepping in, etc, but for the most part I’d like to think the witnesses would step in when possible.)

Secondly- what kind of fucking monster WANTS to make that the standard?  If it was his wife, his sister, his mom or his daughter- does he really wish them to be disbelieved if they say something like that has happened to them but there are no other witnesses?  WTF.  Seriously, wtf.

The only reason I can think of for wanting a law like that enacted is if the person who wants the new law IS a molester who wants to be able to get away with it more easily.  I literally cannot think of any other reason.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, erunerune said:

Can we talk about Katrina please? I just want to send her non- harsh lipsticks. I mean that in a public service way.

This person went to my high school and reminds me of Katrina:

thisvictorianlife.com

Thanks for the rabbit hole! ? What I find interesting for both these marriages is that neither of them have children.  Katrina mentioned in that article that she's now ready to have a family.  I suspect the presence of children will change their perspective/ability to continue living those chosen lifestyles.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Good grief! I found the Typical Day in Winter and just thought... wow. No way in Hell would I last even a week in that house! She mentions the house being around 48 degrees (granted, this is winter)... Fahrenheit. In Celsius, that’s about 9c. Central heating is a brilliant invention! My house has single glazed windows and it can get COLD in winter... and we have central heating. God knows what it’d be like without it! I’d have to spend the entire day wrapped in a blanket. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but that whole lifestyle doesn’t sound appealing at all. 

I have central heating/air, and my apartment tends to run on the cool side.  It’s actually a good thing in summer, as I’ve only had to run my AC maybe twice in the year-and-a-half I’ve lived here.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Sure, but did you do it while wearing a polka dot bell skirt dress and matching pumps?

If he was lucky I had pants and shoes on...at home. I'm a certified clothes/shoes hater. The only clothes I wear voluntarily are underpants. The rest...maybe a top. 

He'd have wondered what the hell was wrong with me if I was wearing a dress and pumps. As in "what the hell is WRONG with you" and "have you lost your damn mind". I was lucky though...he thought I was gorgeous even fat, wearing a tank top, shorts and my hair in a topknot. I found what I'm going to have tattooed on my arm. On an anniversary card (our 20th) he wrote "I love you more than you'll ever know". I'm going to have that tattooed on my inner arm. Our 20th anniversary was our last although we didn't know it at the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 28

Mind you, this is was posted very shortly after Nattie-boy's gentle chiding to the sistren who dress like the modern equivalent of Wild West bar maids while going to the gymnasium. By the tone, I imagine he'd just discovered Instagram. No one will ever be good enough for Darnell.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

No one will ever be good enough for Darnell.

Somehow, I think that's just the way he likes it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Somehow, I think that's just the way he likes it.

Just a reminder that he was part of that first crop of Vision Forum interns that were always getting up to MANLY romps.  Though I don't recall Nattie ever posing for VF pictures where he cuddled with Dougie Phillips in a church pew, like we did with BRADRICK.  

NEVER 4GET

bradrick.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Just a reminder that he was part of that first crop of Vision Forum interns that were always getting up to MANLY romps.  Though I don't recall Nattie ever posing for VF pictures where he cuddled with Dougie Phillips in a church pew, like we did with BRADRICK.  

NEVER 4GET

bradrick.jpg

I think this is my favorite fundie photo evah!  I've tried taking this photo into graphics programs and changing brightness and other settings more times than I will admit, trying to figure out exactly where everything is here.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

NEVER 4GET

bradrick.jpg

They look like a gay couple about to be married, frankly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Currently, across his social media pages, Darnell staunchly defends Moore using Old Testament law, which he believes should be the legal standard in courtrooms as well as everywhere else.

Who wants to bet that the clothes he's wearing in those pictures are made of more than one type of fiber? Or that he's eaten shrimp or pork? Or that he hasn't made the blood sacrifices required by old Testament law? Looks like someone is going to jail. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

The kind of wife he says he wants was invented post-WWII by ad agencies selling major appliances to wives of returned GIs. (Cf. Don Draper saying, “Love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.”)

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Curious said:

I think this is my favorite fundie photo evah!  I've tried taking this photo into graphics programs and changing brightness and other settings more times than I will admit, trying to figure out exactly where everything is here.

I love this photo as well, but please let us not forget this gem: 

I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to post it whenever the context allows it.

the tool.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 22
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 10

That is one thing VF was always great for...amazing snark-worthy pictures.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

the tool.jpg

16 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

NEVER 4GET

bradrick.jpg

Confession:  For a very long time, I thought both of these photos were doctored by a clever FJ member.  When I finally realized they were not, I was shocked! Who stands like that?  I never, ever see that!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Confession:  For a very long time, I thought both of these photos were doctored by a clever FJ member.  When I finally realized they were not, I was shocked! Who stands like that?  I never, ever see that!

Same! I really thought the second photo was a photoshopped in-joke among FJers. Then I thought maybe people were being taken in by someone photoshopping it on another snark site. I still can't believe it's real and don't even know how the hell DPIATR is balancing himself up there straddling the air like that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

how the hell DPIATR is balancing himself up there straddling the air like that. 

In “The Full Monty,” that’s the pose just before they reach thru their legs and pull off their trousers!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

the tool.jpg

What was that whole wide stance business about, anyhow? Did DPIAT suffer from severe chafing, and all his followers took it as The Stance of Superior Manliness and so tried to emulate it? (But to a lesser degree, so as not to bypass the Master.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, refugee said:

What was that whole wide stance business about, anyhow? Did DPIAT suffer from severe chafing, and all his followers took it as The Stance of Superior Manliness and so tried to emulate it? (But to a lesser degree, so as not to bypass the Master.)

Taking Dominion, AKA the Biblically-endorsed version of manspreading.

Incidentally, Nattie has removed the "I could go for a 50s housewife" post and link from his FB page. Hi, Nathaniel! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 23
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Same! I really thought the second photo was a photoshopped in-joke among FJers. Then I thought maybe people were being taken in by someone photoshopping it on another snark site. I still can't believe it's real and don't even know how the hell DPIATR is balancing himself up there straddling the air like that. 

Exactly!!!  I had those same thoughts.  I clearly remember trying to figure out how someone had photoshopped that balancing act pose....it looks so fake to me!  It's so unreal, it's still hard to believe. ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Ahhhh, that famous DPIARBT “airin’ out m’balls” pose.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I still can't believe it's real and don't even know how the hell DPIATR is balancing himself up there straddling the air like that. 

Doug owned an invisible pony.

Ah, @hoipolloi, I'm glad you appreciate the DougNipple pic. I'd like to send the uncaptioned version to the guy who wrote the New Yorker article about the allosaur.

ETA - one thing that always puzzled me about the wide stance is that it made Doug shorter. You'd think his vanity would make him want to avoid that.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I'd like to send the uncaptioned version to the guy who wrote the New Yorker article about the allosaur.

We actually subscribe to the NYer and, boy, I'd like to set them straight. Would also love to see a long read article in there on the VF/DPIART debacle + its leghumpers and a where-are-they-now update.

HOWEVER -- if the NYer is going to use the likes of Jen Fishburne for fact-checking....

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I barely know anything about the Vision Forum lot apart from Doug Phillips being a :music-tool:. I’ve seen the infamous “wide stance” photo several times, but that’s about it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, refugee said:

the tool.jpg

The groom is Tyler Tsantles -- may 17 years old in this photo? -- about to be married to...Blair -- maybe three or four years older.  They have five adorable stairstep kids, but no recent public updates on fb in the last two or three years. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5