IGNORED

Nattie Darnell wants a 1950s housewife!

Marian the Librarian

He says so on his Facebook page. This is why he's been holding out. It's called KING-MAKING, people!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.18.50 AM.png

ETA: Just shared the article with Mr. MtL over morning coffee. His reaction - "She is scary. Where's my martini - I'd need one, coming home to that." :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Edited by Marian the Librarian
More laughs
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 10
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

He says so on his Facebook page. This is why he's been holding out. It's called KING-MAKING, people!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.18.50 AM.png

ETA: Just shared the article with Mr. MtL over morning coffee. His reaction - "She is scary. Where's my martini - I'd need one, coming home to that." :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Small world? No. Small fundie world? Yes. It’s a small self inflicted bubble world. Barf.

• Upvote 9

I thought it's a little easier to spoil my husband if I have an income---

"Hey honey, please  work hard and gimme your money so I can get things from the store to spoil you, OK?"

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

Does he want to include  the other things that came along with that era?  Barbiturates, depression, women hanging themselves with clothesline, women havng nervous breakdowns and getting ECT.  (Or worse, prefrontal lobotomies).  (Sadly, my paternal grandmother got the ECT treatmen in th 50's, and 2 women in my grandma's neighborhod killed themselves.)

The 50's sucked!  Just saying.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

OMG, has he met the Phillips daughter who is into 1940-50s dresses?  

Kinda sad that he doesn't realize that marriage isn't 1950s cosplay or (infinitely scarier) he IS a 1950s cosplay fetishist.  Too much watching Leave it to Beaver. 

Actual bumper sticker seen tacked to the wall in The Worst Food in Oregon restaurant (Come on in and sit with the flies!):  Ward, don't be so HARD on the beaver. 

The Worst Food in Oregon may still be going in Hines, OR. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

I'll admit I spoiled the fuck outta Mr. Xtian. Poor guy, didn't own a stitch of clothing, underwear, sox or shoes that I didn't buy him. He didn't have to worry about med refills, when to take his meds, etc. I kept it all in my head and would remind him. 

OH, and did I mention that I worked full time for most of that time? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 32

I kind of think there are not that many men out there willing to use their money for their wives to stay home and cosplay as a 50's housewife. 

I wonder if she'll only cook 1950's foods? She should go here for some good recipe ideas!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

Does he want to include  the other things that came along with that era?  Barbiturates, depression, women hanging themselves with clothesline, women havng nervous breakdowns and getting ECT.  (Or worse, prefrontal lobotomies).  (Sadly, my paternal grandmother got the ECT treatmen in th 50's, and 2 women in my grandma's neighborhod killed themselves.)

The 50's sucked!  Just saying.

Both my grandma's raised kids in the 50's and were busy working full time as well as raising kids and having huge gardens.   However, they spoiled my grandpas and they spoiled them too - one year my grandma got cab for the tractor for her birthday!   She never stopped talking about it...   

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

I get liking vintage clothing/makeup, but going the whole shebang and actually living a 50s lifestyle is too much IMO. Sounds like this dude has a big ol’ pair of rose tinted glasses on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I get liking vintage clothing/makeup, but going the whole shebang and actually living a 50s lifestyle is too much IMO. Sounds like this dude has a big ol’ pair of rose tinted glasses on.

Sounds like he want to be "father knows best."

But does "she" want to be Lucy? That show was funny, but such a disaster IRL. Oddly enough, I Love Lucy is the first show that comes to mind when I think "1950s housewife", not Leave It to Beaver or Father Knows Best or The Donna Reed Show.

Would Andy Griffiths count, or My Three Sons? I forget whether they were 1950s or 1960s. Of course, no housewives in those, unless you count Aunt Bee.

Another thought: Lassie! (I loved the Lassie show so much as a small child, I wished I could transport through the glass front of the television screen and somehow end up living in Lassie and Timmy's world.) 

Edited by refugee
another thought
  • Upvote 3

He's kidding about the 1950's pre-dating the sensuous era of the 1960's right? Has the guy never heard of 1950's pin up?  Good lord. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

32 minutes ago, treehugger said:

He's kidding about the 1950's pre-dating the sensuous era of the 1960's right? Has the guy never heard of 1950's pin up?  Good lord. 

Doubtful. He probably doesn’t know about Jim Crow or the KKK either

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Doubtful. He probably doesn’t know about Jim Crow or the KKK either

Or he remembers them fondly. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 16

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'll admit I spoiled the fuck outta Mr. Xtian. Poor guy, didn't own a stitch of clothing, underwear, sox or shoes that I didn't buy him. He didn't have to worry about med refills, when to take his meds, etc. I kept it all in my head and would remind him. 

OH, and did I mention that I worked full time for most of that time? 

Sure, but did you do it while wearing a polka dot bell skirt dress and matching pumps?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

(apparently) Nobody wants Nattie though! ?

They would have to love a full head of helmet hair and sweater vests.

4B021E8E-E2FC-4F17-8389-2582771C1120.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Sounds like he want to be "father knows best."

But does "she" want to be Lucy? That show was funny, but such a disaster IRL. Oddly enough, I Love Lucy is the first show that comes to mind when I think "1950s housewife", not Leave It to Beaver or Father Knows Best or The Donna Reed Show.

Would Andy Griffiths count, or My Three Sons? I forget whether they were 1950s or 1960s. Of course, no housewives in those, unless you count Aunt Bee.

Another thought: Lassie! (I loved the Lassie show so much as a small child, I wished I could transport through the glass front of the television screen and somehow end up living in Lassie and Timmy's world.) 

I once saw a documentary on I Love Lucy and someone on it remarked that Lucy Ricardo is an example of why women needed feminism, since she’s this creative, energetic woman who clearly doesn’t fit into the 50s housewife mold. Based on what we see on the show, the Ricardos live a modern for the time lifestyle in NYC and later Connecticut and only have one child. It’s not like there would have been tons of housework for her to do. Any sane woman would get bored. 

• Upvote 21

If you take a dump in the forest and no one is around to smell it, does it really smell?

Sorry, I’m getting antsy for the workday to end and my brain is being weird again

• Haha 13
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

If you take a dump in the forest and no one is around to smell it, does it really smell?

Maybe you don't smell it, @HarryPotterFan, but Jesus does. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

You may be wondering why I’m picking apart his style and profile picture choice. Well if he is going to declare what style is best in women’s fashion, then I feel the need to pick apart his personal style. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

My ex husband wanted a 1950s housewife, too. (He also had the same exact hairstyle as this fundie dude). In fact, I think he wanted to marry his mom. He was disappointed that I wasn't a meek little church wife who wanted to wait on him hand and foot and not have any of my own thoughts or dreams. Funny enough, we met while we were in college where I was studying graphic design. After a few years of dating it finally came out that he expected me to be a SAHM and 50s housewife. I told him, well why am I bothering with going to college then? And he replied that I could work till we had kids. Gee, thanks!

During our marriage, he actually wanted me to work more than I did. He worked full time but came home at the end of the day and watched TV and played on his computer. I was expected to work and come home and take care of dinner and the house, too. I think he mowed the lawn a couple times. I'm trying to remember anything else he ever did around the house.

Mr. Puma jokes about wanting a 50s housewife. When I tell him I'm making dinner, he'll say good, you belong in the kitchen! He also does the "make me a sandwich" bit a lot too. (All kidding). He will do the dishes and clean up if I'm overwhelmed and I ask him too. I cut him some slack though–he works 10 hour days with an hour commute each way, so I am happy to take care of him, mostly because he's appreciative of everything I do and he always reminds me of it.

Also, he's basically building me a new kitchen right now too, so there's that! :D 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is he taking a dump in the woods? He looks so serious about his BMs.

BE9AD5AD-AF42-40EE-AB1F-6E0E06FA23A9.jpeg

He looks like Jim Bob Duggar and Jake Gyllenhaal had a baby and then got him addicted to Xanax, which can cause cosntipation, hence the pose. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 34
  • Love 3