IGNORED

Unexpected on TLC

melon

Yes, I watch Unexpected. No, I've never seen Teen Mom.

It really plays on a lot of emotions for me. The most upsetting stories are the least educated girls who've had miscarriages and tried again.

The poverty and intentional pregnancies bother me greatly. 

• Love 3

I never had any daughters,but I told my niece,if I had one,I'd insist they watch this.Not that it would make a difference.I didn't listen to my mother,or my grandmother,as a teen.

It also plays on my emotions,too.

The thing is,we don't see their whole lives,I'm sure things are staged for drama.

The couples that irk me or make me feel so sad are:Chloe and Max and Caelan and McKayla.

Especially Caelan and McKayla.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Agreed, @melon.

Waiting to see what happens to Max. I feel sorry for Max's dad, who seems like a decent guy. I don't love Chloe's mom, but I can understand her frustration. 

At first I was on team Mckayla. But now I side with Caelan and his mom. Mckayla is extremely manipulative and passive-aggressive. She comes off as a little princess.

• Love 3

Absolutely.

I cannot imagine seeing my child in a relationship with a drug addict.Max is not taking responsibility for his drug use.

I also like McKayla,at first,and her grandparents.Now,I also side with Caelan and his mother.I think McKayla's grandparents enable her,spoil and coddle her,and she doesn't take responsibility for her actions.She is very manipulative.What she said to Caelan,how she wished the baby wasn't his ,was cruel.

She said on YouTUbe  She won't allow Caelan to see HER kids.Supposedly because Caelan spanked Timmy.But gushed about her new boyfriend,and how wonderful he is with HER kids.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of violence, but that bratty little gal needs a thump upside the head!

Im hoping her behavior will improve, but I'm not optimistic.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I did.

McKayla makes my blood boil.

I can't believe the way Tyra's sister handles Tyra's baby.The baby is a newborn and she doesn't support her neck.Went to down a slide at the park with a newborn in her lap.Makes me cringe.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I also watch this mess! McKayla is awful. Calean seems so beaten down this season. I feel for him and Shelley.  Hopefully he can get an official custody order so McKayla can’t keep the kids from him out of spite.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

I haven't watched the show but I have seen McKayla's interactions with people on twitter and from that alone, I could tell she was a brat, one of the girls trying to give her advice on having two children young and the attention from being on TV was a girl from 16 and pregnant and she was polite to her, I have spoken to her a few times as well and McKayla was horrible to her back. She locked up her account but everything she said seemed to be about punishing Calean not about the children, she didn't like him anymore abd that was that no access. Good parents dont stop the other parent from seeing their children unless their is good reason to. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

I am in a FB group and we discuss this show.

Mckayla's YouTube Videos.She recently got lip injections,but claims that she is broke.I refuse to watch her You Tube Videos.

She want to get a Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation.I think she's wanting to get this done at little or no cost?I heard one of the girls from Teen Mom had surgery,but I don't know because I don't watch that one.There is even talk of people wanting her removed from this show.We don't see the full story,but I honestly think she's making herself look bad,

You are so right,a good parent should never keep their children or child from the other parent,regardless of what their issues are.Caelan and Shelley seem like they both love those kids very much,and want to be in their lives.

McKayla uses her kids as pawns.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I haven't watched the show but I have seen McKayla's interactions with people on twitter and from that alone, I could tell she was a brat, one of the girls trying to give her advice on having two children young and the attention from being on TV was a girl from 16 and pregnant and she was polite to her, I have spoken to her a few times as well and McKayla was horrible to her back. She locked up her account but everything she said seemed to be about punishing Calean not about the children, she didn't like him anymore abd that was that no access. Good parents dont stop the other parent from seeing their children unless their is good reason to. 

Yup. And she decided that her daughter would have both her last name and Calean’s last name (Adkins-Morrison) because she didn’t want the kid to only have Calean’s out of spite (like her son) And she wants to change her son’s last name to Adkins. Of course Calean refused, and she bitches that he won’t let the change she wants out of spite out of his own spite. She’s a hypocritical monster that uses her kids as pawns to punish people. I still can’t believe how she complained about how lonely she was taking care of the kids while Calean worked. I guess she thinks Calean an pay for a home for their little family without working. Ugh I could go on a whole rant about her.

Also Chloe is such a dumbass. Does she, at this point in the show’s timeline, know that Max has been hospitalized because of drugs? 

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3

McKayla is such a hypocrite.I noticed that,too.She complains a lot,and it seems to be enough.Like Caelan working all those hours so they could be together...then she's lonely,needs help when she had one child,etc etc etc.

Yes,Chloe is either a dumbass or hopelessly naive.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Tonight's episode could be subtitled "Idiots, All."

Closed captioning would be beneficial too as they are mostly mumblers or poorly spoken. And the level of utter ignorance on the part of most is downright depressing. 

Think I'll go pet my sweet puppy instead.

Edited by ChickenettiLuvr
Pet. Not get.
  • Love 3

Last comment: I feel sorry for Max's dad. He seems reasonable. And normal!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one girl that didn’t know sperm stays inside you after sex...

And apparently McKayla and Calean are back together.

• WTF 1