IGNORED

Princess Beatrice is Engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

louisa05
2 hours ago, Topaz said:

Hawke is also a family name from the Brooksbanks. Apparently Hawke is a 5x great-grandfather on Jack’s side and August is one of the middle names of Prince Albert, a 5x great-grandfather on Eugenie’s side.

Told you all Eugenie is all about the family and tradition. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tabitha2

• viii

• adidas

• louisa05

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatrice is totally innocent, by all accounts a very nice woman and she Deserves to be gloriously happy like any woman in love planning a wedding.  

Updating to say that Beatrice's wedding plans have been confirmed by the Palace.  And they are very low key.  It sounds like a viable plan to keep the wedding as private as possible, and the putrid Pr

Yeah but none of us are born into a permanent 400k per year job that's paid for by taxpayers and where we don't have to worry about getting fired for bad behavior... like, say, if we were fucking teen

Posted Images

adidas

Nice choices, it’s a great name. 

Im probably all alone with an unpopular opinion here - I much prefer Hawke to Stamp. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
Topaz
1 hour ago, adidas said:

Nice choices, it’s a great name. 

Im probably all alone with an unpopular opinion here - I much prefer Hawke to Stamp. 

You’re not alone. Since both names are also regular nouns they bring images to mind. Hawk(e) makes me think of a bird of prey - power and grace. Stamp makes me think of a temper tantrum. 

• Upvote 7
just_ordinary

Or a stamp. You know - on the envelope. Hawke at least reminds me of more than a mere object. 
On first look I find August extremely pretentious and old fashioned BUT that has to do with our own ex-royals. August was used A LOT and many like to incorporate still. If I met an August here, chances are 99.9% he would be the offspring of one of them. 
But we have this a lot with the names still used in the British gentry and RF. While the names are outdated here, they seem to be still fashionable there. I guess I will come to like it, there more I see it. It’s not completely out there, like Spurgeon for example and many came around that one in the end.

• Upvote 1
Glasgowghirl

August isn't to my taste but it isn't horrible either and it is nice they put Philip as a middle name. 

• Upvote 1
tabitha2

I look at peerage news blog and many many of the Minor noble and aristocratic baby name make August Hawke look mundane they definitely go for the grandiose. 

Juno Zennor Boudicca 

Orlando Valentine Lowry

Caspar Constantine Boothby

Fiennes Albert Wykeham Charles Cornwallis 

Feliz Balthazar Jafari

• WTF 1
  • Haha 8
DalmatianCat

Mandy Moore just had a baby boy and named him August as well. 

• Upvote 2