IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

22 hours ago, VVV said:

I thought I saw three different women with protective orders against him.

Here's the link if anyone wants to do their own search (it's all public information)--searching on her name will turn up the recent filing for separation in Okmulgee County, and then you can search on his name from that. He's a real prince. Wow. https://www.oscn.net/dockets/search.aspx

Daily lurker, reluctant commenter here, chiming in to say that it looks like (based on public records) that Jessiqua’s parents recently divorced as well.

Edited by DonutWench
  • Thank You 9

7 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

Daily lurker, reluctant commenter here, chiming in to say that it looks like (based on public records) that Jessiqua’s parents recently divorced as well.

Wow, nice catch! You are correct. And I'm no lawyer but that court case does not look like an amicable divorce to me.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

Oh, interesting. I wonder if that makes them more sympathetic to Jessi's situation, or if they've taken opposing sides on the matter.

• Upvote 3

They do say divorces are contagious. Not in the way that an illness is. But if someone close to you divorces, it makes it easier for you to imagine divorcing since you already saw someone go through it. Basically unknowns are very scary. But if you’ve seen someone go through it, it’s not unknown anymore. And you have a reference for yourself to then decide if you want to divorce. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, Bethella said:

People have requested a divorced fundie list. Let me know if you see something missing on the list. 

Last updated 11 October 2019

image.thumb.png.ee77004749cf499c8362c2db360dca1e.png

Pretty sure Darnell was married to someone named Elizabeth sometime in 2006-2007. They got divorced in 2018 and a year later he was married again to a poster VF wife who has a lot of older forum posts about being a SAHD. ??

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Lina according to her instagram profile is bake on the faux jew kick. This girl is up there with Brandy in terms of changing religions more than I change my underwear. It's clear she uses different religions as an escape instead of coping with her problems surrounding her divorce. She should be in some deep intense therapy not searching for the next big "thing". Especially since she has two young children who depend on her. I'm surprised her parents haven't stipulated she get professional help since she's living under their roof while she plays homemaker.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 10/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, Anna T said:

I wish many of these women would have come across this website: 

https://flyingfreenow.com/about/

So much wisdom, healing, and self care there. 

Wonderful.  This woman was pregnant with her 9th child when she decided she couldn't do patriarchal marriage anymore.  Beautiful. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

Wonderful.  This woman was pregnant with her 9th child when she decided she couldn't do patriarchal marriage anymore.  Beautiful. 

Much better late than never.  She could have been pregnant with the 19th, after all. 

That site @Anna T linked is by Natalie Hoffman.  She has also written a book that may help many very Fundie women understand that their marriages are abusive.   https://www.amazon.com/Making-Sense-Your-Confusing-Marriage/

She lays out the problems well, although Hoffman's writing is as rife with Bible-speak as Leslie Vernick's book on emotionally destructive behaviors.  However, they both talk the right Christian talk, and may reach some pastors as well as victims.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Lina according to her instagram profile is bake on the faux jew kick. This girl is up there with Brandy in terms of changing religions more than I change my underwear. It's clear she uses different religions as an escape instead of coping with her problems surrounding her divorce. She should be in some deep intense therapy not searching for the next big "thing". Especially since she has two young children who depend on her. I'm surprised her parents haven't stipulated she get professional help since she's living under their roof while she plays homemaker.

Can you send me the source site for this? I’ve always had a soft spot for her. She was my gateway fundie and I think of her often.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Can you send me the source site for this? I’ve always had a soft spot for her. She was my gateway fundie and I think of her often.

She runs a ridiculous "traditional motherhood" facebook page called the traditional homemaker and her ig is private but it's thetraditionalmother under the same name. I don't know how long she can pretend to play homemaker under her parents roof because those boys aren't getting any older and I'm sure space is tight. Her ex has moved on though and has mellowed out and has left religion behind and is engaged and is working in a steady career. Lina seems very stuck like she can't move on and keeps changing religions as a way to avoid the real world or her problems. I remember Lina's little sister was very independent and working a job and seemed to be enjoying life while Lina was hiding away at home trying to be a stay at home daughter. I wonder how many SADH are motivated by anxiety or other mental illness to stay confined to home if they weren't raised this way.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

Well. That was super depressing to read. I had hoped she would have started to realise that her ideas make no sense in the real world by now. Damn. Thanks for linking me. :)

• Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

Lina's situation is very sad at this point I think her parents mandating therapy would be her saving grace. Like no more hiding behind religion or church but get her some very real help she is badly in need of. I know Taliban Tony was nuts, but he truly has done a 180 and is active in his son's life and tries to talk to them about science and other points of view outside of Lina's hyped up religious stuff. At least him and his soon to be wife will be a sense of secular normalcy if Lina spirals.

• Upvote 5

Speaking of -- Divorced Joe Darnell (brother of ole VF Brownnoser Natty Darnell) has gotten remarried (very quickly.....was he seeing her before they got divorced???) to a poster child for VF and SAHD -- evidenced by these posts. OMG. Someone get them a glass, their kool-aid runneth over. Facebpalm! https://www.puritanboard.com/threads/women-in-the-workforce.86763/

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

I just took a look at Lina’s FB page (Holy Motherhood, specifically) and am BOGGLED by the fact that someone who introduces herself as an anti-feminist, traditionalist mother who wishes to lift up the sanctity and beauty of marriage.....

is a single mom.

And no one on the FB page seems to wonder why a single mom is an expert on the sanctifying and holy practice of marriage. She’s not even faking being a widow, since she mentions her ex-husband as the reason she wore pants for a while and wasn’t skirts/dresses only. She was DESPERATE to save her marriage, so she wore pants (WT actual F).

Maybe she deletes anything she doesn’t want to talk about? Because one of my VERY FIRST questions about that page would be how a single mother is qualified to tell me the importance of having a sanctifying marriage.

Of course, this is Lina, who wanted to tell Orthodox Jews how to be Jewish, so it’s hardly surprising. She got quite a lot of pushback on that, though.

ETA: Still a Messianic mess! Her FB page has a Star Of David and her public posts are a wacky melange of the importance of the Torah, basic Hebrew, and the importance of Jesus and the Gospel. Some things don’t change, I guess.

• Upvote 10

Wow, I’m shocked about Jessiqua Wittman. I had a little conversation with her within the last year or so that made me think she was moving out of fundamentalist Christianity but I didn’t expect her to divorce. She seems like a sweet and caring person and I can’t imagine being married at such a young age. I hope for so many good things for her. 

• Upvote 10

It's not shocking Lina hides behind religion instead of dealing with life. It's what she always has did and I recall didn't she drop out of high school because she couldn't handle her anxiety and then retreated into SAHD life? Her parents really need to put their foot down and mandate Lina get some very real help. She clearly isn't mentally well. As crazy as Taliban Tony was I'm glad he is out of religion and his position has remained the same. Him and his soon to be wife may be the only real stability those boys have!

• Upvote 5

On 11/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, bea said:

a wacky melange of the importance of the Torah, basic Hebrew, and the importance of Jesus and the Gospel.

I just can't help commenting. This made me want to not just smack my head, but literally punch myself in the eye! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, Briefly said:

I looked up her facebook page the other day, I think she's public but I just glanced at it.  I kind of feel maternal towards her for some reason.  She seems to be doing very well, I think she graduated college. I'm really happy for her.

Along with being an example of the dangers of courtship, she is also an example of the dangers of early/young marriage. I'm glad that her parents were supportive and helped her when she needed it. But at the same time, they are the ones who allowed it in the first place.  I've always wondered if they really did any investigation of the guy when he wanted to court her, or if they just blindly followed the directives of the church they attended.

Their "investigation" was a list of questions- they blindly followed the church and formed their questionnaire from different lists found online, but also thought that they were just doing "the right thing."

On 10/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, Anna T said:

I'm in touch with both Tracy and Autumn on Facebook and am always glad to see updates. Autumn was (and is) extremely lucky to have a family that considered the wellbeing of their child to be of higher importance than any misguided ideals or what people would think. 

Luckier than some? Yes. Lucky? No. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Autumn Kern said:

Luckier than some? Yes. Lucky? No. 

I agree.  Luckier than some in that your parents acknowledged their mistakes and the bad advice given by the church.  Not lucky.

Nice to see you here again.  I've been wondering how you are doing.  You must have graduated by now and perhaps have started writing your autobiography.  I look forward to reading it some day. :)

• Upvote 7

On 12/10/2019 at 7:07 AM, Palimpsest said:

I agree.  Luckier than some in that your parents acknowledged their mistakes and the bad advice given by the church.  Not lucky.

Nice to see you here again.  I've been wondering how you are doing.  You must have graduated by now and perhaps have started writing your autobiography.  I look forward to reading it some day. :)

Hello! Yes, I did graduate in May! If you're a member of Pantsuit Nation on Facebook, you can read a brief little writeup on graduating that I posted here.

I started grad school in August and am in a 2 year program for a Master of Arts in International Comparative Politics. My thesis is about women in terrorist groups and why they willingly join. Because of being involved in a fairly intense grad program, planning a local Model UN conference as Secretary General, and working full time (still looking for my dream job!) my autobiography hasn't been a priority...besides the fact that I didn't realize how many things I've repressed from my life and diving back into that to write an autobiography is exhausting to say the least. It's coming eventually- my boyfriend reminds me several times a month to work on it. ?

You can follow me on Instagram(@autumnjk) and YouTube to stay more up to date, but I'll check in here every once in a while, too!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 14

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic