IGNORED

Fundie Divorces

Bethella

On 12/10/2019 at 6:56 AM, Autumn Kern said:

Their "investigation" was a list of questions- they blindly followed the church and formed their questionnaire from different lists found online, but also thought that they were just doing "the right thing."

Luckier than some? Yes. Lucky? No. 

Oh hi there Autumn. 

I definitely don't see the full picture of course. But I just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you for getting out back then!!

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

So does anyone else still follow Emily Case ( Brower)? Her husband appears to be divorced from the second wife and in a new relationship already. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

So does anyone else still follow Emily Case ( Brower)? Her husband appears to be divorced from the second wife and in a new relationship already. 

I think we knew he was divorced from the second wife. But not about the new relationship. I just hope he isn’t constantly introducing his daughters to the new women that seem to come in and out of his life. 

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think we knew he was divorced from the second wife. But not about the new relationship. I just hope he isn’t constantly introducing his daughters to the new women that seem to come in and out of his life. 

Yeah, for everyones sake I hope not. It appears the relationship started in August and the other relationship ended somewhere between July and August based on his second wife's miscarriage. Hopefully he waited for one to end this time before starting another one....but it looks iffy. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about Hannah and Campbell Sproul?  He's disappeared from instagram, she's changed her handle back to her maiden name, and none of the Sproul sisters follow her anymore (nor does she follow any Sprouls now).  She's also been tagging another guy in a bunch of pictures.  Her account is private, otherwise I'd link to it.  

(Mods: Accidentally posted this first in the shame and scandal section- feel free to delete it from that thread)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, punkiepie said:

Has anyone heard anything about Hannah and Campbell Sproul?  He's disappeared from instagram, she's changed her handle back to her maiden name, and none of the Sproul sisters follow her anymore (nor does she follow any Sprouls now).  She's also been tagging another guy in a bunch of pictures.  Her account is private, otherwise I'd link to it.  

(Mods: Accidentally posted this first in the shame and scandal section- feel free to delete it from that thread)

That wouldn’t surprise me. She went on trips with other guys a good bit, but always seemed supportive of Campbell. We used to follow each other, so can you remind me of her maiden name? I’m wondering if i still follow her but can’t find her new handle. 

Either way, best of luck to both. It’s hard to go through trauma and come out in tact, much less have a marriage do so, too. 

Her maiden name is Knapp, which is to what she has changed her instagram handle (it used to be Sproul).  Campbell no longer has an instagram.  I hope they are both ok, but it's Campbell I worry about.  Hannah seems to have moved on to someone else, and I'm sure that has to be difficult to see.  Plus, he has struggled with depression, suffered through the illness and loss of his mom, has the biggest narcissistic asshat of a father, and then basically lost his dad too, and his younger siblings, when he married his purpose driven wife.:brainbleach:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

When did Campbell and Hannah get married?

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

When did Campbell and Hannah get married?

May 23, 2015

• Thank You 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Add Patrick and Elizabeth Johnston (TAM) to the list. 

Wait, isn't she among the most perfect of Christians? How many attacks has she made against divorce and those who are divorced? I tried not to follow her because even in fundie-land, she made my eyelashes bleed & my spleen itch. How is she justifying it? 

• Upvote 17

14 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Wait, isn't she among the most perfect of Christians? How many attacks has she made against divorce and those who are divorced? I tried not to follow her because even in fundie-land, she made my eyelashes bleed & my spleen itch. How is she justifying it? 

Go to the TAM thread. She made an extremely long post on FB and Instagram saying he has cheated on her for 16 years and that’s why she’s allowed to divorce. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 3:29 PM, fundiefan said:

Got it. So she is one of *those* very special fundies. 

Now, now, @fundiefan... They're called "grace widows." ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 17

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, bea said:

I just took a look at Lina’s FB page (Holy Motherhood, specifically) and am BOGGLED by the fact that someone who introduces herself as an anti-feminist, traditionalist mother who wishes to lift up the sanctity and beauty of marriage.....

is a single mom.

And no one on the FB page seems to wonder why a single mom is an expert on the sanctifying and holy practice of marriage. She’s not even faking being a widow, since she mentions her ex-husband as the reason she wore pants for a while and wasn’t skirts/dresses only. She was DESPERATE to save her marriage, so she wore pants (WT actual F).

Maybe she deletes anything she doesn’t want to talk about? Because one of my VERY FIRST questions about that page would be how a single mother is qualified to tell me the importance of having a sanctifying marriage.

Of course, this is Lina, who wanted to tell Orthodox Jews how to be Jewish, so it’s hardly surprising. She got quite a lot of pushback on that, though.

ETA: Still a Messianic mess! Her FB page has a Star Of David and her public posts are a wacky melange of the importance of the Torah, basic Hebrew, and the importance of Jesus and the Gospel. Some things don’t change, I guess.

I know this is months later, but I stumbled onto her page again and I'm just gobsmacked about everything.

I don't even see ANY trace of Messianicism, Stars of David, Hebrew, etc etc anywhere on the page. Did she switch back to Catholicism yet again in these few months? 

She says she is a homemaker and immediately follows that by "single mom of two." Then follows that with "ardently anti-feminist." I'd almost think it was a troll page if I didn't already know about her and her history. I also was not aware that she had another child. When was this child had? In the middle of her and Tony's divorce? A lot of her content is "the perfect marriage" and keeping marriage together." 

And of course a lot of content by the Pearls, in the comments she says she is a "big fan." She is homeschooling her sons, according to her. Yet she never finished school herself??? 

My head just reels every time I think about (Pau)Lina. Her life is so confusing.
I'd feel sad for her if she wasn't so arrogant and didn't advocate for child abuse manuals. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, meep said:

I know this is months later, but I stumbled onto her page again and I'm just gobsmacked about everything.

I don't even see ANY trace of Messianicism, Stars of David, Hebrew, etc etc anywhere on the page. Did she switch back to Catholicism yet again in these few months? 

She says she is a homemaker and immediately follows that by "single mom of two." Then follows that with "ardently anti-feminist." I'd almost think it was a troll page if I didn't already know about her and her history. I also was not aware that she had another child. When was this child had? In the middle of her and Tony's divorce? A lot of her content is "the perfect marriage" and keeping marriage together." 

And of course a lot of content by the Pearls, in the comments she says she is a "big fan." She is homeschooling her sons, according to her. Yet she never finished school herself??? 

My head just reels every time I think about (Pau)Lina. Her life is so confusing.
I'd feel sad for her if she wasn't so arrogant and didn't advocate for child abuse manuals. 

She got pregnant with #2 during their failed reconciliation. They didn't announce it and didn't share pictures or anything. He was rarely seen in Tony's "look at what a great father I am" posts on his FB.

I feel for those boys. A bubble dwelling mother and a father that goes "all in" on whatever new thing he's encountered.

And, that Holy Motherhood page? WTF is that? She is not only in a bubble, she's in an alternate bubble. Who failed that poor woman?

How does she justify this one: 

"Your relationship with your husband is the single most important role you will ever play. If you fail here, then you have failed at your life's work and have missed God's perfect plan."

-Debi Pearl

She clearly failed as a wife. Of course, her husband changed course and all that, but as a dutiful, obedient wife, it was her responsibility to follow him. Yet, here they are, divorced. She failed at her life's work, apparently, so she's missed her god's perfect plan. Is being the "perfect mother" her way of trying to make up for it?

She used to make me sad. Now, I just can't breathe from the utter stupidity. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:35 AM, fundiefan said:

She got pregnant with #2 during their failed reconciliation. They didn't announce it and didn't share pictures or anything. He was rarely seen in Tony's "look at what a great father I am" posts on his FB.

I feel for those boys. A bubble dwelling mother and a father that goes "all in" on whatever new thing he's encountered.

And, that Holy Motherhood page? WTF is that? She is not only in a bubble, she's in an alternate bubble. Who failed that poor woman?

How does she justify this one: 

"Your relationship with your husband is the single most important role you will ever play. If you fail here, then you have failed at your life's work and have missed God's perfect plan."

-Debi Pearl

She clearly failed as a wife. Of course, her husband changed course and all that, but as a dutiful, obedient wife, it was her responsibility to follow him. Yet, here they are, divorced. She failed at her life's work, apparently, so she's missed her god's perfect plan. Is being the "perfect mother" her way of trying to make up for it?

She used to make me sad. Now, I just can't breathe from the utter stupidity. 

Tony was batshit insane but I will give it to him once he kicked the religion he was done for good. He hasn't wavered on that stance where Lina has gone back and forth changing. You can't get anymore left to right going from flirting to Catholicism to faux jew. She changes so much I cannot keep up. I will be interested to see how this ends. Does Lina even have a job?

Edited by fundiefun

Ben Brower, who was married to Emily (Case) Brower, is engaged again. After his very short marriage last summer this is going to be his 3rd try. Emily seems to remain single after a short relationship in 2018 (or was it 2019??) while Ben's other ex has married yet again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Ben Brower, who was married to Emily (Case) Brower, is engaged again. After his very short marriage last summer this is going to be his 3rd try. Emily seems to remain single after a short relationship in 2018 (or was it 2019??) while Ben's other ex has married yet again. 

He just hops from one relationship to another. He can’t be alone. Which means he NEEDS to be alone for a little while. 

• Upvote 11

I somehow feel sorry for him, because I always felt that he and Emily were pushed into their marriage, back when both their parents were deep into the VF koolaid. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

I somehow feel sorry for him, because I always felt that he and Emily were pushed into their marriage, back when both their parents were deep into the VF koolaid. 

I agree to an extent. Even his need to jump into relationships and then the commitment of marriage so quickly, and the marriages failing, suggests to me that he doesn't feel whole enough on his own to be alone for any length of time so he'll take up with people who aren't a good fit for him (and can't know what a good fit might be because he has no idea who he is or what he might desire because he was brainwashed by VF and his parents and then has been married or engaged to different women ever since). Or else, it suggests that maybe he has internalized some of the messages of his youth and if everything isn't exactly how he wants it in a relationship at all times, then he's somehow entitled to find it elsewhere.

But let's be real- there are men and women like him from all walks of life.

Edited by Aine
Pressed submit too soon
  • Upvote 10

On 4/25/2020 at 1:45 AM, ophelia said:

I have no idea who this dude is but I can't believe he is getting married again (presumably in some type of larger wedding ceremony with guests since there is a public engagement) after being married to someone else less than a year ago. 

I'd wait just to avoid all the gossip people would be talking about me at the ceremony. (Obviously, sounds like this guy should be waiting for other, more important, reasons as well.)

ETA: Got nosy and looked at their Facebooks. They made this Facebook official in August. They were looking for houses together in February. Did dude even take a breath after the last marriage?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic