IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

Josiah use to be a sweet caring boy. He was clearly upset when Michelle announced pregnancy number 20. Jim Bob had to strong arm him back in front of the camera. I think the compassionate sweet side of Josiah was beaten out of him at ALERT. He spent almost a year there around the age of 17. I don't think he was there by choice. No other Duggar boy spent that much time there.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

It also ends any hope that Bella won't forever be number 2...

We also know it’s their ambition to have a huge quiver. An alphabet theme is pretty lame if you only plan to get to e or f ...

Silver lining: At least it will make guessing games easier. :confusion-shrug:

I maintain my opinion that each kid should have been forced to chose a different letter theme. It’s already a nightmare keeping all the grands appart. Imagine what it’ll be like in 10 years! 20 years! :mindblowing:

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

We also know it’s their ambition to have a huge quiver. An alphabet theme is pretty lame if you only plan to get to e or f ...

Silver lining: At least it will make guessing games easier. :confusion-shrug:

I maintain my opinion that each kid should have been forced to chose a different letter theme. It’s already a nightmare keeping all the grands appart. Imagine what it’ll be like in 10 years! 20 years! :mindblowing:

Si and Lauren may hope for a huge quiver but I do not see it happening between her miscarriage and then in her own words a tough pregnancy and what sounds like a tough birth I just do not think her body does well with pregnancy. I am anxiously waiting the 20 min birth webisode which I would guess would be up any day now considering how fast Addisons was up.

right now the only couple I see even getting close to Michelle's number is joe and Kendra she seems to get pregnant easily and have fairly easy pregnancys and complication free delivery 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

In Lauren’s Instagram story, she’s shilling some skincare gadget so she’s not wearing any makeup. My god, she looks (and sounds) 12 years old. She really is a pretty young woman; I can give her that.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, meee said:

Wait, do we know for sure that they are doing an alphabet theme? Duggar Data posted that it's confirmed, but I don't know from where.

Josiah said it during tonight’s episode of Counting On.

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Lauren suffered from low progesterone during her pregnancy revealed in tonight's counting on

I had that issue with my first pregnancy and carried to term with the help of first trimester progesterone inserts. But my second pregnancy I had no issue so I wonder if the was the cause for her first miscarriage or if it was a one time thing like myself? 

Miscarriages are unfortunately common. Especially first pregnancy,  IME with friends and family.  Pregnancy being "tough" is kinda a given.  Seems rare to not be uncomfortable at least, worried, or have something modern medicine can thankfully help with in most cases.  She may very well get her wish of a ton of kids.  No way to know.  Now, Jill had two tough deliveries but she's being more private and chill about it as is Joy.  Lauren is a bit cringey in the pregnancy dept. A bit over the top.  But, it's her life, her body, her voice, so my opinion means nothing. Won't stop me from giving it though.  ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I had that issue with my first pregnancy and carried to term with the help of first trimester progesterone inserts. But my second pregnancy I had no issue so I wonder if the was the cause for her first miscarriage or if it was a one time thing like myself? 

I was wondering the same thing. I am sure with any furture pregnancys she will be keeping a really strict eye on it

Similar thing to Melanie Maxwell. She’s got six kids, and also an alphabet theme (of sorts). She took progesterone shots during her pregnancies. Hopefully Lauren will keep an eye on it and makes sure she visits a doctor etc. 

• I Agree 7

9 hours ago, DillyDally said:

They posted some pics of their first family outing the other day and I'm sorry for the incoming BEC comments but something immediately caught my attention:

I had a baby this spring and I'm certainly no expert on all things BABIEZ but that poor baby needs more neck/head support* and a proper hat instead of that stupid bow.

*at least that's what I learned while doing research on baby carriers (ours had a special newborn inlay so the head would be held in place)

I down voted simply because I disagree. I almost never use that feature. Sorry! ( I think I was Canadian in a past life)  She's doing the lean back and newborns don't fling themselves yet.  Her hand could just be off for a picture and if movement does happen,  her hand at the ready. She's bundled with clothes, sling and mama's body heat.  Sling looks proper.  I'm good with this.  :)

Had my own kids, held many and at work we do lip and tongue tie revisions for better latching. So, I get to hold newborn babies at least once a week. Squee!!!!  They don't move much and a simple lean back keeps them stable for a small amount of time.  

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I down voted simply because I disagree. I almost never use that feature. Sorry! ( I think I was Canadian in a past life)  She's doing the lean back and newborns don't fling themselves yet.  Her hand could just be off for a picture and if movement does happen,  her hand at the ready. She's bundled with clothes, sling and mama's body heat.  Sling looks proper.  I'm good with this.  :)

Had my own kids, held many and at work we do lip and tongue tie revisions for better latching. So, I get to hold newborn babies at least once a week. Squee!!!!  They don't move much and a simple lean back keeps them stable for a small amount of time.  

Also looks like Lauren is holding a blanket ready to bundle and probably only unbundled for the pic.

7 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

It also ends any hope that Bella won't forever be number 2...

Oh poor Bella will forever be in the shadow of what could have been Asa she will sadly never be able to forget that she was supposed to have an older sibling which is actually cruel because if Lauren had carried Asa to term Bella never would have been born. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

18 hours ago, viii said:

I agree - I feel like Josiah would be a very high strung individual. He seems to have a lot of repressed resentment, and I don't blame him. This probably isn't what he wanted for his life, and now he's stuck. 

With the caveat that I do not know any of these people, I agree with the impression. Resentment arises when you have feelings about a situation that you're unable to express or channel properly, and from suppressed anger. I worry.

But like others have said, it could just be that they aren't used to each other yet and they are young, have time and will figure it out.

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 2

Stopped halfway through an episode and that was the frame...

This was only the second time I heard Lauren speak, has her voice always been this flat?

oy.JPG

Edited by squiddysquid
laptop acting up

Lauren really thinks that she has the experiences and insight of a 38 YO educated woman, doesn’t she? How clueless would you have to be to continually drone on about how lousy you feel during pregnancy when the room is filled with pregnant women, and the other women keep their complaints to the bare minimum?  Jessa has 2 toddlers and is heavily pregnant (in this episode), yet she still managed to be civil and pleasant during the show.

Lauren just reminds me of a 6 year old girl playing being married and a mommy to her dolls.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Lauren suffered from low progesterone during her pregnancy revealed in tonight's counting on

I’ve had this with my last four pregnancies. One ended in miscarriage. After the first trimester it didn’t pose any issues as the placenta starts taking over to create proper progesterone supplies. I went past 40 weeks and had otherwise healthy and normal pregnancies. I am on the 4th pregnancy since having low progesterone now and 31 weeks. It’s mostly just a risk in the first tri.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Lauren really thinks that she has the experiences and insight of a 38 YO educated woman, doesn’t she? How clueless would you have to be to continually drone on about how lousy you feel during pregnancy when the room is filled with pregnant women, and the other women keep their complaints to the bare minimum?  Jessa has 2 toddlers and is heavily pregnant (in this episode), yet she still managed to be civil and pleasant during the show.

Lauren just reminds me of a 6 year old girl playing being married and a mommy to her dolls.

I remember Jessa saying how she would keep her complaints to herself around Lauren after the miscarriage because she realized how precious having a baby was (para phrasing can't remember exact wording) so I wonder how Jessa felt that After Lauren got the longed for pregnancy all she did was complain.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In Lauren’s family she’s been the first child to do everything and when she and Josiah are with her family her parents and siblings probably enjoy fussing over her pregnancy, pampering her, and her sisters are probably still fascinated that they have a married sister. That makes her much more knowledgeable than all her siblings. She probably doesn’t know how to change when she’s around the Duggars and just one of the crowd. I imagine as the years pass she’ll start spending more and more holidays with her family and doing less and less activities (outside of possibly filming) with the Duggars. 
I see the same thing happening with Kendra, but more because her family seems incredibly tight-knit and she likes the way they do things more. I remember a picture from Kendra and Joe’s first Christmas at the TTH and they had a black trash bag at their feet to collect their gifts and there was all sorts of chaos in the background. It looked like an “every man for themselves” type day. If Kendra is used to a more intimate Christmas where everyone takes turn opening gifts that was probably rather jarring. (This is just speculation...I don’t know how her family celebrates. It could be as crazy as her Inlaws.)

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

In Lauren’s family she’s been the first child to do everything and when she and Josiah are with her family her parents and siblings probably enjoy fussing over her pregnancy, pampering her, and her sisters are probably still fascinated that they have a married sister. That makes her much more knowledgeable than all her siblings. She probably doesn’t know how to change when she’s around the Duggars and just one of the crowd. I imagine as the years pass she’ll start spending more and more holidays with her family and doing less and less activities (outside of possibly filming) with the Duggars. 
I see the same thing happening with Kendra, but more because her family seems incredibly tight-knit and she likes the way they do things more. I remember a picture from Kendra and Joe’s first Christmas at the TTH and they had a black trash bag at their feet to collect their gifts and there was all sorts of chaos in the background. It looked like an “every man for themselves” type day. If Kendra is used to a more intimate Christmas where everyone takes turn opening gifts that was probably rather jarring. (This is just speculation...I don’t know how her family celebrates. It could be as crazy as her Inlaws.)

You do notice Kendra and Joe going on vacations with her parents alot and usually if they need a baby sitter they turn to the Caldwell's. Kendra getting out from under the duggar thumb will be a little harder though since they live on the property.

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I remember Jessa saying how she would keep her complaints to herself around Lauren after the miscarriage because she realized how precious having a baby was (para phrasing can't remember exact wording) so I wonder how Jessa felt that After Lauren got the longed for pregnancy all she did was complain.

And Lauren kept up her complaining even after Joy’s loss of Annabelle. Jessa is 27 and was always just one of a large group, whereas Lauren is 20 and the oldest ( and only married, pregnant, mother...) of a much smaller herd. They are coming from totally different backgrounds, despite their fundie status. I think a more fair comparison is between the behaviors of  Kendra and Lauren.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think it’s unusual for first time mums (and parents) to endlessly talk/complain/celebrate... I know I probably was and definitely am this person. Because even if you read about it or watched others it’s still so intense and different if you experience it yourself. And it does take up a lot of your life and mind space even if you still work and hold up hobbies. Additionally, Lauren is intellectually probably on the level of a 15year old that better should be acting all grown up about her first boyfriend and all that stuff. People grow out of this too.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

ugh at calling her a bitch. do better. 

Yeah, aside from the inherent sexism in the term, Lauren's an inexperienced, uneducated, and immature 20 year old who should be learning about herself and the world in a somewhat consequence free environment, but instead was pushed into a rushed marriage that by all appearances isn't very happy then dealing with a miscarriage and subsequent pregnancy, all while being filmed and constantly surrounded by dozens of in-laws. Keep in mind, she's the age of your average college sophomore.

I get she's annoying as shit, but I think some people get a bit out of hand on here. 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

19 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Miscarriages are unfortunately common. Especially first pregnancy,  IME with friends and family.  Pregnancy being "tough" is kinda a given.  Seems rare to not be uncomfortable at least, worried, or have something modern medicine can thankfully help with in most cases.  She may very well get her wish of a ton of kids.  No way to know.  Now, Jill had two tough deliveries but she's being more private and chill about it as is Joy.  Lauren is a bit cringey in the pregnancy dept. A bit over the top.  But, it's her life, her body, her voice, so my opinion means nothing. Won't stop me from giving it though.  ?

Disclaimer, I definitely think pregnancy is tough no debate about that. 

I personally don't see Lauren and Josiah having a ton of kids, and not actually because of the physical aspect of pregnancy. They're fundies, I mean look at JRod and her five SEVERE miscarriages (which to be fair, were actually pretty severe from the sound of it), they've never let their physical capabilities stop them. Even Michelle got pregnant with baby 20 after Josie was born 15 weeks early. 

I think the reason Lauren and Josiah won't have a ton of kids is because of Laurens attitude. Not so much that she has to complain about every little thing and it's the worst thing ever if it's happening to Lauren (for example Abbie has Hypermesis and was hospitalized and yet some how manages to avoid posting all about how horrible it is all over social media.), and while yes her attitude towards others and her pregnancy is annoying as hell (comparing her loss to Joys, has she said anything to Abbie about her hypermesis or even 'praying for you'?) I think more then that it's very revealing. I don't think Lauren can mentally handle a lot of children. I think they'd maybe hit 6 or 7 like her family. But I don't think it will be pleasant, I don't think either of them or their kids will be happy,  but I think Lauren's need to be like Mama Michelle (i actively cringed writing that) will make her need to have more then the 2 or 3 they're suited to. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Disclaimer, I definitely think pregnancy is tough no debate about that. 

I personally don't see Lauren and Josiah having a ton of kids, and not actually because of the physical aspect of pregnancy. They're fundies, I mean look at JRod and her five SEVERE miscarriages (which to be fair, were actually pretty severe from the sound of it), they've never let their physical capabilities stop them. Even Michelle got pregnant with baby 20 after Josie was born 15 weeks early. 

I think the reason Lauren and Josiah won't have a ton of kids is because of Laurens attitude. Not so much that she has to complain about every little thing and it's the worst thing ever if it's happening to Lauren (for example Abbie has Hypermesis and was hospitalized and yet some how manages to avoid posting all about how horrible it is all over social media.), and while yes her attitude towards others and her pregnancy is annoying as hell (comparing her loss to Joys, has she said anything to Abbie about her hypermesis or even 'praying for you'?) I think more then that it's very revealing. I don't think Lauren can mentally handle a lot of children. I think they'd maybe hit 6 or 7 like her family. But I don't think it will be pleasant, I don't think either of them or their kids will be happy,  but I think Lauren's need to be like Mama Michelle (i actively cringed writing that) will make her need to have more then the 2 or 3 they're suited to. 

Lauren's mom has 9 kids  ten pregnancys and probably would have had more but lauren was not born till lana was mid 20s. and not being suited wouldn't stop her it didn't stop Michelle who broke down after only five kids and went on to have over a dozen more. No what will happen is if Lauren's body can handle it she will pop out babes until she no longer can and Bella along with any other daughters will be sister momming it up the only thing that will stop lauren in her quest to be queen of fundie land is not being able to actually birth those babies.

• Sad 3

I believe Anna, Kendra, and even Abbie are integrated and accepted into the Duggar sisterhood. Kendra seems close to Joy and Jessa- even participating in the pop-up bridal salon prep for Abbie. I thought she really was close to Jinger in their faux organization segment. Abbie is probably the most differently raised wife, but she gets along with the others. They seem to like her enough to get her a Miss Renee experience. Lauren seems like the outsider. I don't see any chemistry between her and any of the Duggars.

( Including Josiah) Even in the Asabox segment-interactions with Michelle seemed forced. Her whiney, narcissistic, attitude is not helping either. She needs to look at the last outcasts from Duggarland.( I'm looking at you Dillards?) If she's too prickly, and dramatic, they could be banished too!

Edited by Exposedknees
Clarity
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic