IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing a LOT, I made a comment, about her being insensitive, and now I'm blocked from their insta, that is 2 Duggars that have blocked me. Man it must suck having to go through life only hearing what you want to hear and blocking out what you might need to hear. 

This really P’s me off. If you’re going to have a public IG and a public life that makes you money no matter how unskilled you might be, you need to learn how to gracefully accept criticism of your words and behaviors. Really, they should think of comments as their employee evaluation. The public is their boss. The other option, and the one most of us choose, is to have a private life...and a private IG account, and  real education and jobs that support us based on our skills and expertise, and not on our fecundity! *Steps off Friday’s Soapbox*

I’d almost support a policy where if you blocked anyone on IG, your settings would be automatically turned to private

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’d almost support a policy where if you blocked anyone on IG, your settings would be automatically turned to private

I agree with you 100% except for this part. Yes, the Duggars should listen to criticism and try to see themselves from a different perspective at times. They live in their own, homeschooled, home churching echo chamber. 

However, social media can be a nasty (urrrrgh, I sound like the orange potato with my use of the word “nasty” ?) place and haters should be blocked. Abuse isn’t ok - I’m not mainly talking about the Duggars here but more about social media in general though. Maybe only allowing one to block someone when the comment in question is also reported for harassment/bullying might be a nice idea. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

28 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I agree with you 100% except for this part. Yes, the Duggars should listen to criticism and try to see themselves from a different perspective at times. They live in their own, homeschooled, home churching echo chamber. 

However, social media can be a nasty (urrrrgh, I sound like the orange potato with my use of the word “nasty” ?) place and haters should be blocked. Abuse isn’t ok - I’m not mainly talking about the Duggars here but more about social media in general though. Maybe only allowing one to block someone when the comment in question is also reported for harassment/bullying might be a nice idea. 

My IG is set to private for a reason.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

The BBC have recently done a documentary about trolls, it follows Jesy Nelson from the girl band Little Mix and how the trolls on social media drove her to attempt suicide. She mentions when they won X factor she couldn't even enjoy it because the first thing she saw online after it was a lot of messages calling her fat and ugly and that she should just kill herself. A year later when she was going back on X factor to perform with Little Mix she starved herself for a few days prior and professional troll Katie Hopkins, the UKs version of Ann Coulter, commented that she was still fat. 

If Lauren is deleting comments that she doesn't like even if the points are valid, I still think it's important for her to be able to do that.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

My IG is set to private for a reason.

Mine, too. I just think that some people (photographers, politicians, etc.) kind of “need” a public Insta. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

While I hope I'm not diminishing the pain of miscarriage or stillbirth, or the choices anyone makes when that happens to them, I can't help but think this public display is part of the Duggars' anti-reproductive-freedom agenda. Like with the televised "funeral" and sicko doctored pictures for Jubilee. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ugh. Lauren is shilling that Adel Natural Cosmetics that various Batseses were promoting a while back.

Lauren: "I was hesitant at first but was so amazed at how smooth my face is. My face seriously feels like baby skin." 

Lauren, you're basically still a child and haven't worked a day in your life. Of course your skin is soft and smooth.

There is something inherently unlikeable about Lauren.

I've been following this thread, her IG and the comments about her and am still not sure what it is. She appears to be a snobby, insensitive, pious know-it-all but I don't think that's the real issue. 

I remember thinking something was off with her when I was re-capping the Dillard's wedding. She was shown several times with a baby on her lap who was wildly jumping and thrashing about and she point-blank ignored it. Didn't hold him, touch him at all, either to soothe or restrain. It seemed bizarre enough that I rewatched to be sure.

I agree with previous commenters that professional councilling would be a wise, if unlikely step before this #miracleblessingSECONDpreciousbaby comes along. 

• Upvote 38
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, patsymae said:

While I hope I'm not diminishing the pain of miscarriage or stillbirth, or the choices anyone makes when that happens to them, I can't help but think this public display is part of the Duggars' anti-reproductive-freedom agenda. Like with the televised "funeral" and sicko doctored pictures for Jubilee. 

I have had 3. I agree with you. I have had other rabid prolifers tell me it was up to god and completely dismiss that my last one I was followed from the start of the pregnancy (fertility treatments) and had multiple ultrasounds, including one with a "heartbeat" all while knowing the pregnancy was not viable. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 18

On the subject of baby showers, where I'm from it's always one baby shower for the firstborn, and no more. It's seen as trashy to have more than one baby shower, because it's seen as begging for gifts that you don't need (because you should already have baby supplies by now, and if you don't buy your own). 

As for Lauren, yikes...I don't even know how to unpackage this one. I never liked her, but felt sorry for her after her miscarraige. Now I don't know what to think. Either she needs serious mental help or she's just an egomaniac milking her loss for attention. 

Poor, poor Joy. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 6

I feel Maybe Lauren has been adored and slightly spoiled all her life similar to  Kendra but the difference is Kendra had a sweet sunny soul by nature that keeps her from being obnoxious and unpleasant and Lauren does not. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 3

I had not heard Lauren speak until I caught her shilling the face cream on insta. It auto-started following the last live I was watching. God GOD, you guys are right about the baby voice. It's grating as hell.

And I have to laugh every time a wannabe influencer kicks off a spiel with, "A lot of you guys have been asking about my skin care regime..."

No, lady. They have not. Find a new opening salvo.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

On 9/27/2019 at 4:58 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

If Lauren is deleting comments that she doesn't like even if the points are valid, I still think it's important for her to be able to do that.

Why would anyone want to comment on someone else's social media, especially not friends/family? Genuinely asking.

I only comment on pictures/posts where I am tagged, or respond to direct questions. Other than keeping up with birthdays and life events, I mostly don't care. Maybe it's me though - I was scarred with getting into online debates on FB with the anti-vaxxers, and said no more. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

15 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Why would anyone want to comment on someone else's social media, especially not friends/family? Genuinely asking.

I only comment on pictures/posts where I am tagged, or respond to direct questions. Other than keeping up with birthdays and life events, I mostly don't care. Maybe it's me though - I was scarred with getting into online debates on FB with the anti-vaxxers, and said no more. 

I get this sentiment so much. Even more intriguing: why comment/congratulate someone on social media if you will see them in real life for the occasion 

• Upvote 9

Well... it’s social media. Emphasis on the social. Of course you can use it however you want, but it’s kind of odd to be weirded out by people using it for its intended purpose.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

There's also a lot of people with public or business accounts. I follow a lot of local or independent merchants and I like and comment on things they post often as a way of showing support for small business. I also have an account for my dog and he gets comments from people we don't know and it doesn't weird me out at all. 

The Duggars that have public Instagram accounts post content knowing it will be seen and engaged with by fans, they get offers to schill products based in part on follower numbers and page interaction. Like it or not they have fans they are pseudo public figures and they use their social media accounts as such.

I also think they do deserve the right to delete comments. It's unfortunate that they delete based on what they disagree with but the alternative is that they can't delete comments and some people are positively hateful. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 9/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

There is something inherently unlikeable about Lauren.

THANK YOU.

I’ll take it a step further, her family is inherently creepy. Her Dad (Carb face William H. Macy) has a Christian landscaping company.  This is the weirdest business model and reads a bit like a pyramid scheme.

Grass for Jesus

Overview

“Dwain Swanson mentors more than 150 men in 41 states by using a special headset while riding a lawn mower as he runs his landscaping company. Since initiating this unique means of discipleship and accountability, he has helped other men start similar groups with similar results. Dwain enjoys sharing about his experiences and the blessings he has received from encouraging men to grow spiritually in their relationships with Christ.”

———-

They do seem to have money. They moved to Arkansas from Georgia while the wife was pregnant. Did they relocate so Lauren (Their chosen princess) would secure a Duggar man? (Gack)

The mom and daughters all have perma- smiles and present themselves as a perfect shiny family. When people try this hard, something is amiss.

• Upvote 20
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I always felt that they moved just so that Lauren can secure a Duggar. That's prestigious to them. They also didn't sell the other house so I think they can move back at any time. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wait sorry, he has a headset that he talks to them on while the boys mow lawns?!

I think he talks to boys with SSA while he (Dwain) mows lawns.

• WTF 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Well... it’s social media. Emphasis on the social. Of course you can use it however you want, but it’s kind of odd to be weirded out by people using it for its intended purpose.

Commenting on a total stranger's social media account? Nope- still weird IMO :) 

I get the poster above saying they comment on a company's media, I think that makes sense to me, or even commenting on an article, or a book, a new album, etc. OK, maybe if we consider the Duggars "public people"....I can't help it, it's just weird to me that someone would go on a Duggar's instagram and comment on their choice of clothes, or ask questions like "Are you pregnant?" Dafuq...

Then again, I also agree with the other poster who said that if they never hear criticism, they might always stay in their bubble. I remember the excellent Ted talk from Megan Phelps-Roper, the former member of Westboro Baptist Church, saying that she started to understand how messed up her "church" and beliefs were when someone started engaging with her on social media, providing a balanced perspective that was opposite to her own. Maybe there is hope in social media @singsingsing ?

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

would go on a Duggar's instagram and comment on their choice of clothes, or ask questions like "Are you pregnant?" Dafuq...

Oh 100% there's commenting "I love your dress!" "Baby jesusheistheonlywaylovesthemall is so cute!" 

But there's also super inappropriate commenting "are you pregnant?" "Why aren't you pregnant?" "Why does baby jesusheistheonlywaylovesthemall look skinny?" 

The consequence of putting your family in the public eye through reality tv or even just prolific social media documentation is that you invite followers into your life and they feel connected/engaged. You allow your pregnancy/babies/marriage into their home. Of course they are going to want to engage back. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 10/2/2019 at 1:36 PM, Kelsey said:

You’re not the only one. I saw someone mention it on reddit recently, and I’ll admit that it’s a thing I’ve wondered about before. I can’t explain exactly what it is about the way his website is worded that gives me pause, but it really, really does.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, justodd said:

You’re not the only one. I saw someone mention it on reddit recently, and I’ll admit that it’s a thing I’ve wondered about before. I can’t explain exactly what it is about the way his website is worded that gives me pause, but it really, really does.

Yeah, I totally got a ‘struggling with sexual sin’ vibe from the CMOW website.  Apparently Dwain counseled Si for a while before SiRen were a thing?  I thought it was interesting that Boob apparently thought there was something in Si that required an adult accountibilibuddy...

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yeah, I totally got a ‘struggling with sexual sin’ vibe from the CMOW website.  Apparently Dwain counseled Si for a while before SiRen were a thing?  I thought it was interesting that Boob apparently thought there was something in Si that required an adult accountibilibuddy...

I'm sure JB was worried Si would go the way of Joshly (online prostitutes) if he didn't marry and KNOW. Not that being married stopped Joshly from getting freaky on line. 

I also have my own opinions on Josiah, as I know many others do as well. I think Josiah was a high risk for taking off, I think he and Joy both were (Joy more so than Si, but if she left I think he would have gone with her) and that is why they were married off so fast. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 10/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kelsey said:

What is SSA? I tried to google it and just got social security. Thanks!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic