Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

8 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

They already showed Asa's announcement.

TLC does like to show, show and show again. I don’t think they’ll do it in this case though.

• Upvote 2

On 10/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, SassyPants said:

While I agree about Joy and really questioned marriage and motherhood for her at the time those both occurred, I think Joy and Austin are well matched, and they seem really happy. She also seems to enjoy Gideon. They seem like a happy little family. Can you imagine Jinger and Jeremy living in a camper? 

I also wanted to ask, can someone explain to me why, it seems, that most people on Pickles FB pages think Austin is a domineering monster and poor Joy is an emotionally abused submissive sad scared woman?  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I wouldn't be surprised if it's because Austin's family was on World's Strictest Parents or because he and Joy live in a camper. Those are my best guesses, but I stay clear of Pickles.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Are you sure it’s the announcement for this baby? They are so far behind real life I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the one for Asa. Or did they already show that?

No, Asa's announcement was shown last season as @Kelsey said. They announced at the house and this time they announce on the camping trip as the episode description says and as seen in the trailer.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

This reddit thread reminds me of Lauren.

It even involves a Duggar name.

I really hope not a single person told that woman she was the a-hole! What a horrible, horrible thing to go through.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I really hope not a single person told that woman she was the a-hole! What a horrible, horrible thing to go through.

I just read it and came here to see if anyone was talking about it. Admittedly, I didn’t read all of it but the responses I saw were all either Not the A-hole or No A-holes Here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

That woman absolutely is NOT an asshole. There's a major difference between holding your dying child and miscarriage. 

My absolute favorite is people who claim their dogs are like children. No Karen* it's not. My Border Collie and someones human child are real different. Your 3 random mutts aren't your children. However you treat them they're not children, but trust me it shows that you don't treat them like animals. 

*Rando name

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

It’s not fair or loving to dogs to not treat them like dogs. Dogs are meant  to walk, shake jump and sniff and p mail each other.feeding  them harmful human food and dressing  them up in elaborate clothes everyday, carry them in purses as accessories is stupid, selfish vanity IMO

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 20

My sister had been like that with her dog prior to the birth of her children. She carried the dog everywhere, dressed him up in clothing, would hire a dog sitter to watch him when she and her husband went out because she hated leaving him alone. Then a few years later my niece was born and she said she suddenly realized that #DogMom is not the same thing as having a human child at all. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

Thought I'd drop this here, maybe it interests some. 
Lauren posted a picture of a baby basket with some baby accesories in it, later she replied to a worried commenter. I'll put the post under a spoiler. 

Spoiler

Comment from poster:
"Please accept my unsolicited but motherly advice to you... look forward...keep your 1st pregnancy in your heart and move forward with great anticipation & excitement for your 1st born child. You seem very sad...try to seek guidance on keeping life in perspective because life is full of heartache and disappointment. Find the joy in the upcoming arrival and give thanks for this new life..Give this new baby your joy...not your sadness..."

Reply by Lauren:
"Thank you for the advice and concern, but I think you miss understood me. I didn’t write this for others to feel sorry for me or because I am sad. Instead, I write this so others will go out and be an encouragement and love on mothers of lost little ones. I can’t even describe to you how extremely happy and so very grateful that the Lord has blessed my husband and I with a daughter on the way!!!! However, even a mother who has many children on this earth and loses one baby will always have a sadness in her heart for the memories she never got to make with the baby in heaven. Our little girl will definitely get double the amount of love-we praise God every day for such a wonderful gift❤️"

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The episode description por episode 3 of CO is on tumblr (Becky M submitted it. She’s been right about all of them so far - comparing them to what has been later posted on CO’s website).It deals with Lauren’s struggles. 

I kinda feel for her. She probably thought life would be so perfect once she was married and she was hit with a miscarriage she didn’t expect. On top of that, all the comments on her social media can’t help. I wish she’d get actual help but I don’t think that’ll happen sadly. 

48AAA7A8-5D15-43A0-A2A4-3B3A073A4697.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 10

"miss understood..."  I'm sure she will be homeschooling the children, what is it with the crappy spelling and grammar? They all have issues, not just Lauren. Aren't there curriculums to use or something? ? 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

The Lord has blessed my husband and I. No, Lauren, it's my husband and me. Object, not subject.

• Upvote 29
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 5

"miss understood..."  I'm sure she will be homeschooling the children, what is it with the crappy spelling and grammar? They all have issues, not just Lauren. Aren't there curriculums to use or something? [emoji52] 

Add “blessed my husband and I...”. Not using the object pronoun is a pet peeve of mine. But how would any of them know about its proper use? More than teaching grammar as a subject, most of us learn proper sentence structure through our experiences reading. Even when not knowing specific grammar rules, people who are readers recognize that a word or a sentence “doesn’t look right”. Lots of reading beyond the formal curriculum is a predictor of academic success. But I agree, Fluffernutter, it’s not going to happen here.
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

Thought I'd drop this here, maybe it interests some. 
Lauren posted a picture of a baby basket with some baby accesories in it, later she replied to a worried commenter. I'll put the post under a spoiler. 

Hide contents

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think it’s weird for her to take her future baby’s stuff and stage it for this photo (I’m assuming this is not a stock photo). No matter what she says in that comment, she seems to be applying her grief on her on her daughter who isn’t even born yet. That kid already has enough gender stereotypes and cult issues to deal with- she doesn’t need Lauren’s grief added on. 

ETA: I had a miscarriage before my daughter. I’ve shared on here before what a mess I was after, and I worried during my subsequent pregnancy in a way I don’t think I would have had I not miscarried. But having a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby changed my grief. I don’t think there is any grief left- more just a sadness for that time in my life. I hope Lauren can move on as well, but I cannot relate to her at this point. I focused on my pregnancy and not my miscarriage, as I think many people naturally do. Life goes on. 

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 24

4 hours ago, mstee said:

I think it’s weird for her to take her future baby’s stuff and stage it for this photo (I’m assuming this is not a stock photo). No matter what she says in that comment, she seems to be applying her grief on her on her daughter who isn’t even born yet. That kid already has enough gender stereotypes and cult issues to deal with- she doesn’t need Lauren’s grief added on.

I felt the exact same way but didn't know how to explain it. 

It also felt a little like she was using this baby to talk more about how she lost Asa. I'm not sure how to phrase it but it felt uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

Wonder if Lauren is gonna write to the Wallers: "I totally understand how it is losing a child, I can relate, we are both in the same boat. I pray for you, and I know Asa and Rebecca are together in Heaven right now"

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 6

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Lord has blessed my husband and I. No, Lauren, it's my husband and me. Object, not subject.

I see this so much lately and as I am not a native speaker it truly confuses me sometimes. It makes me stop, read again and then think about it because I would have used ME but you know- I know I could be wrong. It really interrupts me. And the more I read it the more I doubt my own abilities. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Wonder if Lauren is gonna write to the Wallers: "I totally understand how it is losing a child, I can relate, we are both in the same boat. I pray for you, and I know Asa and Rebecca are together in Heaven right now"

She thinks it for sure. She's so immature and self centered, even if it can be somehow explained because her age, she's having an overdose! 

In my extended family there have been miscarriages, newborn deaths and also a couple great-aunts lost young adult sons. It's not the same. The longer a child lives with you, the more difficult is to overcome the loss. Not saying it's the same for all the families, and of course all mothers should receive support and sadness is sadness no matter what.

In no way I'm doing a "pain ranking", just sharing that the experiences in my social circle. When my great-aunts suffered their tragical losses, any of the relatives who had lost pregnancies, and not even those who had lost a newborn, talked about their experiences or tried to compare. They don't even thought they were on the same situation.

The picture of the bassinet with the baby clothes and toys and an absent baby is scaring!!! Because she wasn't showing "look the nice items I'm buying for my baby", but representing a loss with her future daugther stuff!!! Someone should sit down with Lauren and have a tacteful but serious talk.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I see this so much lately and as I am not a native speaker it truly confuses me sometimes. It makes me stop, read again and then think about it because I would have used ME but you know- I know I could be wrong. It really interrupts me. And the more I read it the more I doubt my own abilities. 

If you take out " my husband" , then the "me" is obvious. You wouldn't say, "the Lord blessed I". Well, only if you're SOTDRT educated.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I think Lauren really needs help. 

I had a second trimester loss between my second and third child and really lost it. I made a phenomenal number of bad, impulsive decisions. I did not recognize it was from grief and depression at the time, because I was too caught up - but Lauren seems to still be REALLLY struggling. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 20

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

If you take out " my husband" , then the "me" is obvious. You wouldn't say, "the Lord blessed I". Well, only if you're SOTDRT educated.

I'm a native English speaker but I still sometimes have to think about it, and this is what I do too. For example, if I think it's something like "take a picture of my friend and I" and I'm thinking that maybe it's actually me, I'll change the sentence to just include my part of it. For example, I would turn it into the phrase "take a picture of I," which obviously doesn't make much sense and then I know for sure to use "me."

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic