Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

18 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

She's cute!
Maybe Annabelle will go by Annie ? If not in the future there will be mass confusion. I know from experience with one of my cousins. 

I'm sure others have already mentioned but Annabell is Joy's 20 week (ish?) loss. ? 

That said, I have an Annabelle (4 years old) who goes by Annie. :)

I expect radio silence from Joy last week and this week for sure, and I'm guessing the quiet announcements from Kendra & Lauren are for Joy's benefit. I hope everyone is being mindful of what/who is missing from this weeks announcements and are giving Joy & Austni. Perhaps they will do a big announcement after Anna delivers, with a mention of Annabell?   

• Upvote 6

I wonder if Lauren and Joy planned to go with Annabell and Isabel since they would be born so close.  That would have been cute, and possibly in the wake of Joy's loss, Lauren switched to Bella in order to have a similar name to the one she liked, represent both girls, and get away from the planned pairing.  

The quiet announcements are sweet and considerate, but I hope also the parents are given the opportunity to appropriately celebrate their new additions as well.  Both the grief and the celebration are equally valid here, and both should be given opportunities for expression.  

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

yes, they put in IVs where ever they can get a good stable vein. I have had them in the top of my hands, on my wrists and inner arms. 

Yes,my son came back from surgery,as a toddler,with an IV in his neck.

They have trouble finding a good vein,with me.I often get poked a few times before they get a good vein.Plus,my veins are tiny,and will roll and or collapse.

For all the Sims players on here, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bella Goth.

Next baby will be a boy named Caleb or a girl named Consuela Mariposa (so that the sisters have matching telenovela names).

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I wonder if Lauren and Joy planned to go with Annabell and Isabel since they would be born so close. 

This seems like weird logic to me. If i were pregnant around the same time as a sister-in-law, I'd want to go with something different to minimize mixing up names of similar-aged kids.

But what do I know, I have no kids and no sisters-in-law!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I have terrible veins too.  I've been told they "roll" are "small" are "skittish".  I've had to have pediatric nurses come and do insertions with pediatric IV's.  Once they even went in my foot.  But I've never had one (and they've never tried) the outside of my arm.  That's why I asked.  Thanks everyone who told of your experiences.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

Last time a had a deep IV, the plastic tube was bent. My boyfriend freaked out when he saw the curve when the IV came out. So was the nurse. I wasn’t that surprised, bc I had been complaining of pain in my arm for the past five hours....

• Sad 3
  • WTF 2

Bella shares a birthday with my Goddaughter Part 2. The Goddaughter Part 2 turned 3 last Friday. I sent her Fisher-Price Little People cars & the Little People School Bus. She was so excited about the cars, she squealed. Bella will probably not be allowed to play with cars & buses. Those are boy’s toys. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Besides being overly popular, Bella sounds too much like the word belly to me. Plus, naming a child a word that literally means beautiful is a serious burden. 

I think it’s possible that Lauren loves the name Bella and was planning to use it for a girl all along, in which case I don’t think she shouldn’t just bc of Annabell. It’s not like it’s the exact same name. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if she did it, or will say she did partly in honor of Annabell, which I find no issue with and think Joy may actually appreciate, especially since she is a girl born nearly on her exact due date. Seems to potentially be a nice acknowledgement/honorific. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

tbh, I just see parallels between Addison Bella and Annabell when I look at the names. I think "Bella" is very Lauren and "Addison" is very Kendra, though, if that makes sense. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, divadivine said:

Bella shares a birthday with my Goddaughter Part 2. The Goddaughter Part 2 turned 3 last Friday. I sent her Fisher-Price Little People cars & the Little People School Bus. She was so excited about the cars, she squealed. Bella will probably not be allowed to play with cars & buses. Those are boy’s toys. 

Little thread drift here---but I am going to a bday party for a 1-year old girl.  I have no idea what to bring for a present.  She is their first and only. 

Any suggestions from moms/grandmas?

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

I think it’s possible that Lauren loves the name Bella and was planning to use it for a girl all along, in which case I don’t think she shouldn’t just bc of Annabell. It’s not like it’s the exact same name. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if she did it, or will say she did partly in honor of Annabell, which I find no issue with and think Joy may actually appreciate, especially since she is a girl born nearly on her exact due date. Seems to potentially be a nice acknowledgement/honorific. 

If she does this I seriously hope she talks to Joy before hand because I could also see how, while a nice enough thought, it could be a bit upsetting for Joy. 

32 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

I just keep disliking her more and more

That makes two of us... 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

It could also be a syllable thing.  I remember once reading that if you have an even number of syllables in the surname you should have an odd number in the given name, and vice versa.

Somewhere in the aging file cabinet I call my brain, I recall reading somewhere that "Abraham Lincoln" is an example of a perfectly balanced name. Of course, you'd need a two or three syllable last name to work with, but I do think "Caroline Duggar" works much better than "Bella Duggar".  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

46 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

'a while' for them would be about 3 days. They were probably at it like rabbits.

IDK, based on the events of the last year including a traumatic loss and now with what they refer to as a long and difficult delivery, they might pace themselves a bit. And let’s not forget a newborn to deal with! ?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Edited to say that on insta, all the duggar fam. said was "a new baby had arrived #linkinbio."

Emphasis on "A" new baby

Kids really are just numbers to them

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Little thread drift here---but I am going to a bday party for a 1-year old girl.  I have no idea what to bring for a present.  She is their first and only. 

A doll stroller! Best 1 year old gift I’ve ever received. Kids that age are new walkers and love pushing them around. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Books! Inspire that love of reading early! There are lots of fantastic hard sensory baby books out there, with things like fuzzy surfaces or scales or whatever and the kid can look, listen,  feel, and taste to their heart’s content. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

For the love of Rufus, do NOT get a popper (one of those toys kids push while walking that has little balls that go pop! pop! pop!).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3

Bella Duggar sounds awkward to me. I think it's the "a" ending. Something that sounds like a consonant flows better: Christine Duggar, Nicole Duggar, etc. But, not my kid, so I don't care.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I always buy kids nice books. Because that’s never a bad present. ?:romance-inlove:

Most little girls I know have gotten a copy of Pippi Longstocking. Every girl needs a rolemodel that is strong, kind and not afraid to be herself at all times. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic