IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 15: The Drama Llama Rolls On

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey Friends! Let's keep the Homeland Security raid talk here:

That way we all get ALL the gossip!

5 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I immediately thought of a dog and then Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way when I heard the name.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" It was...........Dumbledore!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I immediately thought of a dog and then Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way when I heard the name. 

And just like that, my mind's going to go straight to My Immortal everytime I hear or see anything about this child.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Kinda neutral about the name Bella. Could be worse. I don't think she is named after Annabell, as I don't think Lauren would name her baby after a baby that was lost, as to not "jinx" her own pregnancy. 

Here is hoping they do a ABC theme, will make it easier to guess names. Bella is cute, though. She's all Lauren. Love the blanket. Shame about the cult. 

• Upvote 14

9 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I don't think they're intentionally going for ABC. I think they wanted to give their rainbow baby a very meaningful name and I think it works, if a little literal. IF they do have ABC kids, it will make the guessing game more fun though!

Themes does make guessing easier. You’re much more likely to get an M-kid right then a name from Jessa and Ben that could be pretty much anything. I still think they should all have chosen a letter theme though. That would make it easier to remember what family a child belongs to. 

I’m calling it now. If the next Siren kid is a boy he will be named after uncle Caleb. Caleb-what-ever-Joshia’s-middle-name-is Duggar. 

• Upvote 15

I'm just glad Bella was born on Nov 8th, and not Nov 9th as that was presumedly (spelling?) Annabell's due date. (Joy mentioned om Nov 1st that Annabell was due in 8 days). Because that would be extra hard on Joy I can imagine. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I'm just glad Bella was born on Nov 8th, and not Nov 9th as that was presumedly (spelling?) Annabell's due date. (Joy mentioned om Nov 1st that Annabell was due in 8 days). Because that would be extra hard on Joy I can imagine. 

It would and I hope she knew in advance they liked the name Bella and was fine with it given the similarity with Annabell's name. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Bella's fine.  I just don't like Bella Duggar for some reason.  Maybe it's the ll and the gg together.  Or maybe because in some parts of the country it rhymes.  

It could also be a syllable thing.  I remember once reading that if you have an even number of syllables in the surname you should have an odd number in the given name, and vice versa.

My immediate thought on Bella was 'Beauty and the Beast', however after double checking the name it is 'Belle' rather than 'Bella'.  Though it could be a preferred variation?

• Upvote 2

I follow a family on YouTube who have a daughter called Bella and she is such a sweet kid it has made me like the name more than I did before. I like the name Isabella but in Scotland that was commonly shortened to Isa and it reminds me of a character on a Scottish Comedy show Still Game, who is annoying and is always wanting other people's business. So I wouldn't use it for that reason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Isabella is a lovely elegant name. Bella just makes me think of The Dog Food and yappy snappy toy dogs.  

I taught dog training classes for about 10 years,  stopped about 7 years ago.   Every third dog that came into class  back then, was named Bella.  It reminds me also, of little dogs.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I taught dog training classes for about 10 years,  stopped about 7 years ago.   Every third dog that came into class  back then, was named Bella.  It reminds me also, of little dogs.   

As far as I know, we have lots of dogs called Bello in Germany, but no Bellas. I can totally get, though, how a name you associate with something/someone else might not fit a baby anymore! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2

@Peaches-n-Beans I didn't think there was such a thing as a poorly behaved shih tzu! Mine is so smart and polite. She sleeps on our bed every night and still waits for us to invite her (even though our other dogs are already up there and laying down)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

As a teacher, I can tell you that 80% of the Isabellas here are called Bella. 

Can confirm. I once had 3 Isabellas in a preschool class of 9 (which is why, while it is a pretty name, I could never name a child Isabella. Or Sophia, which is also extremely common where I live). I asked parents for nicknames to help differentiate, 2 of them said Bella. The third said Isa. Bella as a given name isn't as common but there are lots of little girls being called Bella on the playground.

• Upvote 3

Baby Bella looks so cute. I think most newborns look like a mix of old men and aliens (only realised my own looked like that afterwards though) and I think it’s absolutely adorable.  

I like the name but all Isabella’s/Bellas will forever be linked to Twilight for me and I will definitely assume one or both parents are fans. 

I also don’t think Anabelle and Bella are too similar. And honestly- people should  not refrain from using a name they love because someone they know used a similar one. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I've never seen an IV insertion like Lauren's (anterior forearm).  Can any medical people explain why that would be used as opposed to the usual places? 

I can, I have deep rolling veins, so most of my IV's are in my hand.  It's sucky but it is the only place they can get it to stay open for more than 20 minutes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Just based on that photo of the 3, Lauren looks as if it was a very difficult delivery.  Wonder if there was an adverse positioning of the baby. My first baby was a posterior presentation, plus induced. It was a rough go. You just never know what will happen.

Same. My son was posterior, I was induced, my labor was 20 hours and he was 9lbs 9oz. I seriously questioned having more children after that :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can, I have deep rolling veins, so most of my IV's are in my hand.  It's sucky but it is the only place they can get it to stay open for more than 20 minutes. 

I had one like that (left forearm) when I had my daughter in March. It was the first one they gave me. Eventually got two more, one in both hands through too. One of the hand IVs was for magnesium (preeclampsia), don’t remember what the other one was.

The arm IV left quite a bruise. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 1

I do t know many people in real life that theame their baby names but I guess it is  a part of their branding somewhat. Anna/ Josh and Jessa/ Ben have theames... do any of the other gen 2?

I wonder why no one seems to be congratulating them on social media.  I also haven't seen Joe and Kendra being congratulated, except one thing from Jill.  It may be because of the TV show.  It just seems kind of strange to me.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

yes, they put in IVs where ever they can get a good stable vein. I have had them in the top of my hands, on my wrists and inner arms. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

I wonder why no one seems to be congratulating them on social media.  I also haven't seen Joe and Kendra being congratulated, except one thing from Jill.  It may be because of the TV show.  It just seems kind of strange to me.

I agree, it's all been very quiet. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

They'll get there, I guess they're just busy. Though the Bates find time to gush all over Chloë (spelled something like Kloé?), so yeah, maybe something is up. I'm hoping they're just busy supporting Joy this week. This week must be hellish with her own due date and two baby-girl-births.

Edited to say that on insta, all the duggar fam. said was "a new baby had arrived #linkinbio." While Kendra and Joe got a repost. Probably nothing though. 

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic