IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

Tackiest giveaway award goes to the MAXWELLS, regifting someone else's gift on their public blog.

I find it very telling that after handing out CDs to their kids, Teri and Steve had no other close friends to bless (curse) with the Duggar music. They live on an island surrounded only by family members, and old nursing home residents that they treat with condescension. Their only real community is online and lives far away. 

By the way, what is the relationship between Duggars and Maxwells? Are they close? Have they attended each others' kids' weddings?

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

By the way, what is the relationship between Duggars and Maxwells? Are they close? Have they attended each others' kids' weddings?

There's definitely been overlap  - I believe some Duggars came to the Maxwell/Bontrager wedding,  and Maxwells were spotted not only at weddings but I think Teri was seen at a graduation party or something. 

Also I think Sarah Maxwell was once on 19k&c shilling a book. And Jim Bob did a blurb about one of the Maxwell books: https://blog.titus2.com/tag/release/

There's plenty more if you search online/FJ

• Upvote 7

@catlady  Did Jesus turn the water in that glass in your photo into something more delicious?

Verily it is a miracle, like in Cana!

• Love 8

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

There's definitely been overlap  - I believe some Duggars came to the Maxwell/Bontrager wedding,  and Maxwells were spotted not only at weddings but I think Teri was seen at a graduation party or something. 

Also I think Sarah Maxwell was once on 19k&c shilling a book. And Jim Bob did a blurb about one of the Maxwell books: https://blog.titus2.com/tag/release/

JD, Boob, and Mullet came to Stud John/Judgy Chelsy's wedding.  The reversals went to DerJill's wedding.  Griselda Teri attended Josiah's graduation party.

Pretty hypocritical since the Duggars are on the Beast and Coward Steve hates it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Tackiest giveaway award goes to the MAXWELLS, regifting someone else's gift on their public blog.

Worst yet, it is obvious that the Duggars sent enough for each Maxwell 'child' to have one plus a copy for the cult HQ.  The married kids all got a copy but the three unmarried girls' copies are being given away.  So, so sad.  

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I find it very telling that after handing out CDs to their kids, Teri and Steve had no other close friends to bless (curse) with the Duggar music. They live on an island surrounded only by family members, and old nursing home residents that they treat with condescension. Their only real community is online and lives far away. 

Eh, I am sure the Duggars know; it’s probably part of promoting the CD. They gave them enough copies then more for MOTH acolytes.  Notice you have to be homeschooling to win ?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
More stuff
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The Duggars are the only people that the Maxwells use their last name. Everyone else gets an initial. The Maxwells are fucking weird. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Quote from the Maxwell blog: "If you are a homeschool family and want help teaching your children our national anthem, “The Star Spangled Banner,” it’s on this CD, and likely they would learn it simply by listening to the CD regularly." Once again the Maxwells show how small their bubble is. There are many resources for children to learn the national anthem before this CD came out. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

When the book was first announced, the cover read Jim Bob Duggar of TLC”s 19 Kids and Counting. Since railing against the Beast is the Maxwells’ stock in trade, I called him out on it and we had a bit of an email exchange (which I may still have) where he made one excuse after another trying to explain that he wasn’t endorsing the TV show but trying to clarify who JB was (you know, because he’s such an obscure nobody in fundie circles ?). Not a single argument held water and Steve-o knew it. I have no idea if other people called him out on it as well or if it was just my mad reasoning skillz, but the reference to the show disappeared.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

I’m surprised they recommend this Duggar cd for ages 2-10, I think it was. They think the Moody series is appropriate for teenager, why wouldn’t they think teenagers would just love this cd too. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I was reading back in some old threads and came across this great compilation from 2011 of kooky Maxhell blog material, some of which dates back to the late '90s. Thought newer members might enjoy it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I was reading back in some old threads and came across this great compilation from 2011 of kooky Maxhell blog material, some of which dates back to the late '90s. Thought newer members might enjoy it.

A true gold mine! I haven't finished reading yet, but @VodouDoll started posting great quotes a few posts before the one about Steve's father.

I hadn't heard before about Teri needing bedrest when she was pregnant with Mary. 

Thank you for the link!

• Upvote 6

I’d completely forgotten about Steve announcing to all of his readers that for a while he secretly hated Teri for no reason. Man, that’s old-school Maxwell stuff right there.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8

Regarding the CDs; I think the men and women at the nursing home would like them. I doubt Steve thought to donate to them, but they would probably enjoy the kids’ voices. 

Confession: I used to love some some of the children’s music my kids listened to. Back then, it was mostly cassettes, of course.  I liked having them on (most of the time) in the car. 

• Upvote 5

Happy Anniversary Prissy Chris and Amish Anna.  Wonder why Smug Joe and Invisible Elissa didn't get an anniversary post in Sept.

• Upvote 9

Does anyone have a link to the old blog? I tried searching the wayback machine and it keeps taking me to the current one. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Does anyone have a link to the old blog? I tried searching the wayback machine and it keeps taking me to the current one. 

If you go to Wayback and put titus2.com in the search box.  A calendar will come up after you search and just above the calendar, going across, you'll see years listed left (earliest) to right (current).  Click on a year (the Maxwell's old site starts in 1999) and the calendar comes up again for that particular year.  Take a look at the different months and if a date is highlighted in blue you can click on it and their website from that place and time will come up.

Hope this is sort of clear!

Just FYI, while they had their web site since 1999 (and Mom and Dad's Corners) they didn't start the blog until about 2006, or maybe  little after (right around the time they announced Melanie's pregnancy with Susannah).

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Seems that the Manboys and Wizzy are in for a treat if they win the drawing of the draw....

Rick & Cathy says:

October 22, 2019 at 6:52 pm 

Our boys and daughter would love this! Would be great to listen to on our road trips to New York State.

Thank you for being so generous and selfless with this draw.

Blessings
Rick and Cathy

Edited by johnhugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 20
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Generous and selfless, my ass. No, they had three extra copies because they deemed that only Maxwells  with families were worthy of the CD. Their three unmarried daughters, not so much.

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 14

Ohhhhhhh man I didn't know the weird bus that is the Arndts ever collided with the weird bus that is Maxhell. And over a Duggar CD! Holy shit. 

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Seems that the Manboys and Wizzy are in for a treat if they win the drawing of the draw....

? That comment has your fingerprints all over it, @johnhugh

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

On 10/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, PennySycamore said:

@CyborgKin, if it's serious, it's pretty unsufferable.  If it's a satire, it's funny.

TBH I haven't found anywhere that the artist has stated his intent, and Poe's Law reminds us that it's impossible to tell the difference.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic